Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 9. (Read 39380 times)

Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Is FutureBit dead? Their last news post was back in April, just wondering.
I think so, the Futurebit  LTC  miner Thread
is dead as a door knob

They're still around. At the moment they're prepping a new miner for release
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
A little beyond what I've done before, but I'm giving it a shot! When I use powershell or command prompt, I get "connection timed out" when using the IP of the miner. It's connected over Ethernet with ports 8333 and 3333 open. When I simply try to ping the IP address, it gives me request timed out with one "destination host unreachable".
Your device either has no Ethernet connection or you're using the wrong IP. You can hook up an HDMI monitor or check your DHCP server to see if the miner has an IP and if so, which one.

I was actually able to finally connect to the pool by plugging the ethernet directly into the modem's router that also has the ports forwarded (I was incorrectly typing the IP into the command prompt for the SSH previously). What would you recommend I check on an Asus router's settings that may be causing the issue there, but not when plugged directly into the modem's router?

Thanks again!
Activity: 43
I think so, the Futurebit  LTC  miner Thread
is dead as a door knob
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
A little beyond what I've done before, but I'm giving it a shot! When I use powershell or command prompt, I get "connection timed out" when using the IP of the miner. It's connected over Ethernet with ports 8333 and 3333 open. When I simply try to ping the IP address, it gives me request timed out with one "destination host unreachable".
Your device either has no Ethernet connection or you're using the wrong IP. You can hook up an HDMI monitor or check your DHCP server to see if the miner has an IP and if so, which one.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Oh the only other thing I think is that kano might only allow futurebit miners on the solo part, so you might have to convert your account to a solo one to actually mine, but you can try the above troubleshooting steps with any other pool like ckpool or ViaBTC

Good luck
After we had properly tested them (since futurebit wouldn't do that)
I allowed them on solo or pplns.
Just set up my miner and it’s fully synced, but it won’t stay online. I keep thinking it has to be an issue with how I’m entering the pool info, but it’s pretty straightforward. The light in front is solid red for the most part but occasionally blinks fast and back to solid. I’m using Braiins Pool (or attempting to…). Any help/idea on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Have you tried any other pools?

I know that the FutureBit Apollo doesn't supoort Asicboost, and there is some sort of requirement for it in the Stratum V1-V2 proxy software they devopled. What I don't know is if they are using the proxy at slushpool oops Braiins pool  Smiley

I'd try another standard pool, maybe kano or ckpool or viabtc and see if it works there.

I just signed up for Kano and input the pool and username info, but still the same issue where the Pools section shows an inactive status. When I first turned on the unit, it wouldn't stay online but kept going on and offline. I flashed the drive and didn't do the ubuntu update and it then showed the hashboard as active. I haven't flashed the NVME to re-download the blockchain but could that at all impact connecting to any pool?

Thank you for the suggestion!! I feel lost and like there's awkwardly no support so I appreciate it.

Hmm, maybe best to go back to basics.

How is the Apollo connected to your network? Wifi or Ethernet?

Have to tried SSH'ing into the box

ssh [email protected]
pwd: futurebit123

Then try to ping stratum.kano.is

Then try and traceroute stratum.kano.is

Then try and telnet stratum.kano.is 3333
(type quit to exit if you get a connection)

That will troubleshoot your miners network access to the pool.

Oh the only other thing I think is that kano might only allow futurebit miners on the solo part, so you might have to convert your account to a solo one to actually mine, but you can try the above troubleshooting steps with any other pool like ckpool or ViaBTC

Good luck

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Just set up my miner and it’s fully synced, but it won’t stay online. I keep thinking it has to be an issue with how I’m entering the pool info, but it’s pretty straightforward. The light in front is solid red for the most part but occasionally blinks fast and back to solid. I’m using Braiins Pool (or attempting to…). Any help/idea on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!!

I know that the FutureBit Apollo doesn't supoort Asicboost, and there is some sort of requirement for it in the Stratum V1-V2 proxy software they devopled. What I don't know is if they are using the proxy at slushpool oops Braiins pool  Smiley

I'd try another standard pool, maybe kano or ckpool or viabtc and see if it works there.

I just signed up for Kano and input the pool and username info, but still the same issue where the Pools section shows an inactive status. When I first turned on the unit, it wouldn't stay online but kept going on and offline. I flashed the drive and didn't do the ubuntu update and it then showed the hashboard as active. I haven't flashed the NVME to re-download the blockchain but could that at all impact connecting to any pool?

Thank you for the suggestion!! I feel lost and like there's awkwardly no support so I appreciate it.

Hmm, maybe best to go back to basics.

How is the Apollo connected to your network? Wifi or Ethernet?

Have to tried SSH'ing into the box

ssh [email protected]
pwd: futurebit123

Then try to ping stratum.kano.is

Then try and traceroute stratum.kano.is

Then try and telnet stratum.kano.is 3333
(type quit to exit if you get a connection)

That will troubleshoot your miners network access to the pool.

Good luck
Activity: 1

They have a few recent posts on their X/Twitter account @FutureBit.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1

Thanks!!

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

Thanks!!

Thanks!!
Activity: 205
Merit: 135
I'm in love with this full node+miner solution as a way to facilitate people contributing to both mining and running a node with its applications. Moreover, its 200W power consumption is pretty reasonable for home use, especially with a spouse supervising to avoid ugly, noisy devices.

Best wishes for the project so you can keep improving the User Experience.
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
Just received my Apollo and hooked it up, turned it on... as soon as I enter the "futurebit123" password the monitor enters power save mode and goes dark. Red light on the Apollo is blinking. Any ideas?
Activity: 2
Has anyone had an issue with the LTC miner not working? I wanted to switch out the fan with the one on Future Bit website, but it does not fit. My power cord stopped working and I think it might have burnt up the plug on the machine. The original cord was not taped all the way and after several years the cord started to fray. I switched out the PCIE plug into the miner but it still does not work. Does Future Bit offer a way to send back the LTC miner to them to get it fixed? I posted in LTC thread and have not seen answers to questions in that forum so I thought I would reach out over here.
Any suggestions please.
Activity: 5
Hi Everyone. Just received and setup my Apollo Full Node miner. Its running fine, and connected to the pool but the whole OS will freeze after about 45-60 minutes. No mouse control, no keyboard input. The red light on the Apollo is still blinking, but it doesn't connect to the pool anymore, no hashing being reported. The only way to get it back is to flip the switch off, and then flip it back on. It freezes even if the miner is off, and yes its still syncing the blockchain, but if its going to keep freezing even without the miner running its going to take more than 48 hours to sync this blockchain. Its not hot to the touch really, but with the miner on its temp is about 76 C.

Any ideas on why this would be freezing and what can be done to fix it?

I think I may have figured it out. It appears that the thermal/temp sensor was flopping around inside the case, as in it was just dangling near the bottom, so it wasn't taking proper readings of the temps. I took off the right side panel, and sort of wedge it in as best as possible next to the plate that the CPU heatsink sits on. Not really sure if that is where it goes or not, but so far the miner has been running without issues for a few hours now. I ordered some thermal tape  and plan on taping it into place so that it doesn't start flopping around again.

Anyone have any ideas where exactly the sensor is supposed to be located so I can put it in its proper place?

I think you might have moved the WiFi antenna, not a temp sensor.

You could be right although I've never seen a wifi antenna like that before. Thanks for the help I guess...
Is it wrapped in black shrink-wrap with 2 segments under the wrap? Can you put it outside of the metal housing through the rubber plug in the hole in the metal? If so, that the antenna.
And if you put it out of the metal box and orientate it vertically up or down, you might get much better connection.

Thank you for the guidance. Ok, back to square one then. Why the freezing? It has been running fine all day except one freeze in the morning. Is it due to it losing wifi connectivity?

What temp do you see on the top menu bar (CPU temp of controller). This could indicate the heatsink on the blue controller is not properly installed, and from your description I can't really tell if you installed it back on right. It sides on top of the blue controller and you'll need to remove the side plate and the controller (two screws on bottom lip) to get it on there right. There is a grove in the heatsink where the audio jack is for proper alightment, and you need to press it down on top of silver CPU cap. Attached is an image of what it should look like installed.

Be careful with the ribbon cable attachment as this can pop off while moving the controller around.

https://i.imgur.com/A30ePkr.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. Started it back up and let it run a bit, temps are 43 C without the node syncing as the node wouldn't start for some reason. I did try and press the heatsink on, and was careful with the ribbon, it looked seated  properly compared with your picture.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hi Everyone. Just received and setup my Apollo Full Node miner. Its running fine, and connected to the pool but the whole OS will freeze after about 45-60 minutes. No mouse control, no keyboard input. The red light on the Apollo is still blinking, but it doesn't connect to the pool anymore, no hashing being reported. The only way to get it back is to flip the switch off, and then flip it back on. It freezes even if the miner is off, and yes its still syncing the blockchain, but if its going to keep freezing even without the miner running its going to take more than 48 hours to sync this blockchain. Its not hot to the touch really, but with the miner on its temp is about 76 C.

I think I may have figured it out. It appears that the thermal/temp sensor was flopping around inside the case, as in it was just dangling near the bottom, so it wasn't taking proper readings of the temps. I took off the right side panel, and sort of wedge it in as best as possible next to the plate that the CPU heatsink sits on. Not really sure if that is where it goes or not, but so far the miner has been running without issues for a few hours now. I ordered some thermal tape  and plan on taping it into place so that it doesn't start flopping around again.

Anyone have any ideas where exactly the sensor is supposed to be located so I can put it in its proper place?

You could be right although I've never seen a wifi antenna like that before. Thanks for the help I guess...
Is it wrapped in black shrink-wrap with 2 segments under the wrap? Can you put it outside of the metal housing through the rubber plug in the hole in the metal? If so, that the antenna.
And if you put it out of the metal box and orientate it vertically up or down, you might get much better connection.

Thank you for the guidance. Ok, back to square one then. Why the freezing? It has been running fine all day except one freeze in the morning. Is it due to it losing wifi connectivity?

What temp do you see on the top menu bar (CPU temp of controller). This could indicate the heatsink on the blue controller is not properly installed, and from your description I can't really tell if you installed it back on right. It sides on top of the blue controller and you'll need to remove the side plate and the controller (two screws on bottom lip) to get it on there right. There is a grove in the heatsink where the audio jack is for proper alightment, and you need to press it down on top of silver CPU cap. Attached is an image of what it should look like installed.

Be careful with the ribbon cable attachment as this can pop off while moving the controller around.

https://i.imgur.com/A30ePkr.jpeg

Activity: 199
Merit: 37

Pages:
Jump to: