Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 8. (Read 39380 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi,  I have a full node with 2 standards.  They all seemed to boot up correctly and I even am able to log in fora moment and I get a spike in brains but the the fall  node will reboot.  Not enough time to explore what is happening.   Samme behavior even if full node is by itself.  Any thoughts?
The fan on my main cpu doesn't work.  Can I get a replacement JDL2507S fan?
Activity: 3
Greetings,

I recently moved to a new apartment and switched from Spectrum to AT&T (Modem/Router BGW320-505). I remembered that I need to configure my port forwarding but I am having difficulty activating a wired connection. WiFi seems to work, albeit slowly. Can someone please advise?

I get the following message: "Connection failed. Activation of network connection failed."

I've tried manually entering the MAC Address of the modem/router into a New Profile after clicking the "+" symbol under Wired Network. The page closes, I get the same message as above and the blue toggle switch is in the OFF (left) position.

I've also gone into my NAT/Gaming Firewall settings to open 8333 port to no avail. The same issue persists.

https://i.ibb.co/yf78rWt/Screenshot-2023-07-25-191512-Redacted.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/WWYxDS9/thumbnail.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/QDkDgrD/Screenshot-2024-01-02-021745.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/8gXHwxR/Screenshot-2024-01-02-021856.jpg

Thank you for your help!

-A
Activity: 1
Apologies if these questions have been asked before:

1. Is it possible to have my Apollo BTC change it's mining configuration from ECO to Balanced and/or Turbo Mode at night each night without any input from me? I'm thinking a kind of chron job/automation given this is a Linux box.

2. Is there a FutureBit Discord server? If not, will there be one in the with the release of the Apollo II?
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
Hi so I need some help. Just receieved the Apollo 1 full node, excited to get mining. I pulled it out and followed the installation instructions (on the 7 page document). However my Apollo keeps freezing up on me. From what I have been able to read I thought it may have been a hardware issue, so I went to Walmart and bought a corded mouse, laptop, and new HDMI only screen. I woke up this morning and the screen was frozen.

Each time I do a hard reboot, turning the PSU off. This is my first time really on bitcointalk, so I'm glad to finally be here and running Bitcoin. Can anyone help me troubleshoot or point me in the direction of how I can search this thread for my issue?
I don't think I had this issue on my unit, but Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi and similar single-board computers tend to come with slightly undersized cooling solutions.

Especially when your Apollo is first syncing up, you might try just not mining at the same time, as that could overload the CPU.

Another thing worth checking out is simply whether there is enough airflow underneath your unit. It sucks up air to cool the controller with the tiny fan shown in the picture above, so you could try putting it on some feet of sorts to improve ventilation.
Activity: 9
Hi,  I have a full node with 2 standards.  They all seemed to boot up correctly and I even am able to log in fora moment and I get a spike in brains but the the fall  node will reboot.  Not enough time to explore what is happening.   Samme behavior even if full node is by itself.  Any thoughts?
Hi so I need some help. Just receieved the Apollo 1 full node, excited to get mining. I pulled it out and followed the installation instructions (on the 7 page document). However my Apollo keeps freezing up on me. From what I have been able to read I thought it may have been a hardware issue, so I went to Walmart and bought a corded mouse, laptop, and new HDMI only screen. I woke up this morning and the screen was frozen.

Each time I do a hard reboot, turning the PSU off. This is my first time really on bitcointalk, so I'm glad to finally be here and running Bitcoin. Can anyone help me troubleshoot or point me in the direction of how I can search this thread for my issue?
Activity: 66
Merit: 35
I have finally an apollo btc that started throwing random temps -100 +110 hash on hash off will this be a problem with temp sensing chip or the asics? want to know if i should solder a component on before i rip the heatsink off and man handle this thing with hot air and rubbing alcohol. was running for 2 days sucking 250w an not hashing my fault for not monitoring but haven't needed to really with these they usually just run hard/soft whatever. i still cant get better than 58w/th with a good hash rate if i want in the gh i can get real low like 29w/th @ 900gh

where is everyone?

wait, you were able to clock the Apollo BTC gen 1 to 29W/TH @ 900 GH/s? that's pretty wild if so IMO, can you share what settings you were using?

I didn't have temp reporting issues like that on any of my units.
Activity: 49
Merit: 11
I have finally an apollo btc that started throwing random temps -100 +110 hash on hash off will this be a problem with temp sensing chip or the asics? want to know if i should solder a component on before i rip the heatsink off and man handle this thing with hot air and rubbing alcohol. was running for 2 days sucking 250w an not hashing my fault for not monitoring but haven't needed to really with these they usually just run hard/soft whatever. i still cant get better than 58w/th with a good hash rate if i want in the gh i can get real low like 29w/th @ 900gh

where is everyone?
Activity: 43
I see futurebit is coming out with the Apolo II , soon there will no help...for this one  https://twitter.com/FutureBit/status/1728986544898277693

They plan on releasing the new software for Apollo v1 users so I don't see them dropping support
That is great news..
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
I see futurebit is coming out with the Apolo II , soon there will no help...for this one  https://twitter.com/FutureBit/status/1728986544898277693

They plan on releasing the new software for Apollo v1 users so I don't see them dropping support
Activity: 43
Hello,
- Will FutureBit provide an easy way to update the installed Bitcoin Core version or is it up to the users to keep this up-to-date on their own?
- As I have not seen any thread where an update/upgrade process for the OS (and node software) has been mentioned, I would also like to ask how I can get notified about this?
Thank you!
Hi FutureBit support. I have a real problem with my FutureBit Apollo device. Today, I decided to get a UPS battery backup to plug my device in to protect it from power outages. So I went into the local FutureBit browser portal and shut down my device. After it was shut down on the OS, I turned the power off to the power supply. After plugging my power supply into the UPS and turning the FutureBit back on, it would not boot. It doesn't even appear to post. The red power light on the front is off. I flashed a different SD card with raspberry pi 4, just to test to see if there was a problem with the factory SD card that came with it. That didn't seem to help either. So I re-installed the original SD card, left the power cable unplugged to the power supply, then tried again, nothing. Perhaps I need to mail this device back to FutureBit for support? I'm not sure why it won't even post in the bios. The only thing that happens when I plug the power cable in, is the fans all come on. I've also moved the Apollo back to a simple surge protecter and that didn't help either. Thanks for any assistance. --Tim
Activity: 19
Merit: 3
Progress update: it’s now synced past the point where the first M.2 died consistently, and still truckin’. I guess it was a flaky M.2??
Welp, progress.

After buying TWO of those Crucial P3 devices and having the exact same symptom (dead on boot, nothing coming out of the HDMI port??) I bought a Crucial *P2* M.2 and it booted up just fine! I formatted it and it's now syncing. Fingers are crossed...

Thank you for your help!
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
peetee,

That is weird its not booting up?  Do you get the gui?  If yes you can launch terminal and try and debug your network config but no idea why that should have changed by swapping m2 drives.  I guess make sure its seated firmly in the m2 slot?  Are you sure network cable connection is good as well?  Yeah obvious things but who knows.

I did switch my miner to eco mode until it was synced to keep temps down - i forgot to mention that.

Mine booted, got to the gui, I went to Settings, in the bottom lower right under Extra Settings I selected the Format Node NVME SSD and I was off and running - took a few days to finish synching. 
I was willing to give it a try for $42, but the device came and my system won't even boot with it installed. It boots with the older M.2 just fine.

I'm under the impression that all that is required is that I take out the old (working) M.2, replace it with the new one, then boot it up... I believe this is the procedure I followed the last time when I originally upgraded the 500GB M.2 to 1GB. No luck though.

Anyone know what might be going on here? The device is powered up but won't ask for an address using DHCP.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
Peetee,

I finally got around to upgrading my gen 1 to a 1TB drive 2 weeks ago and it synced fine.   

I did enable the TOR option but I am thinking its your drive - they are so cheap I would probably try another - I used an M2 drive $42 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B25LZGGW?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Hi everyone, I have an issue with my gen 1 Apollo BTC. The node cannot seem to sync past ~459,000 blocks... the node stops (crashes?), and when I restart it it will pick up at around block ~458,000 and die again a short time later. Note that because this was a Gen1 device, I did swap out the M.1 for a 1T device at some point in the past. This node has NEVER synced through to completion. I've been mining on it successfully since I got it, as one of the early adopters from Futurebit.

What I've tried so far:
1. Reformatting the flash
2. Stopping the miner to give more breathing room (temperature) to the node
3. Restarting the node when it stalls

Nothing has worked so far. Please pardon me if this has already been discussed in this thread, but I didn't find it when searching this site nor have I gone through all 100+ pages to review all of the posts.

Any help is appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
A little beyond what I've done before, but I'm giving it a shot! When I use powershell or command prompt, I get "connection timed out" when using the IP of the miner. It's connected over Ethernet with ports 8333 and 3333 open. When I simply try to ping the IP address, it gives me request timed out with one "destination host unreachable".
Your device either has no Ethernet connection or you're using the wrong IP. You can hook up an HDMI monitor or check your DHCP server to see if the miner has an IP and if so, which one.

I was actually able to finally connect to the pool by plugging the ethernet directly into the modem's router that also has the ports forwarded (I was incorrectly typing the IP into the command prompt for the SSH previously). What would you recommend I check on an Asus router's settings that may be causing the issue there, but not when plugged directly into the modem's router?

Thanks again!

You should only need 8333 forwarded, 3333 is an outgoing port for connecting to the pool, nothing should be coming into your network on that port unless you run a pool.

Sounds like you might have a double NAT problem if your modem is providing NAT and your Asus router is doing the same the incoming packets will get lost along the way.

This is getting into trickier network configuration than I would like to troubleshoot on a forum, but you need to either switch the isp's router into bridge or modem only mode, or put the asus in the DMZ on the ISPs router, or remove the ISP router and replace it with the Asus (if the Asus has the capability to do that), or remove the ASUS from the equation altogether if it can't.

If you have everything locked down on the ISP modem/router then I don't see why you would need the Asus to do the same thing.

Pages:
Jump to: