Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 5. (Read 39523 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Link to download MCU1 Apollo OS 2 below.

Want to get this tested here by a few of you since we dont have a lot of MCU1 devices left to test.

Below feedback would be appreciated:
OS detects internal board and starts up fine
OS detects and starts up external USB Standard units (both Apollo BTC or if any MCU1 owners have an Apollo II standard yet)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j4o3rcwe88emzsuwe4wm7/apollo-2-mcu1_110424.img.xz?rlkey=cu3i66xtl5n4ln8ji7mct3zth&dl=0

This includes latest v2.0.4-beta release

Reminder MCU1 controllers are Batch 1/2 Apollos with the longer GPIO pins on the board (check link below if you are not sure which you have).

https://mega.nz/file/dghWnKJC#J2kkpfH5RVKynf0OvuE5mKojXdUqAFCczHMyv6mDrM4
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Went back and forth a bit with jstefanop for a bit to figure out why my Apollo II could sync & solo mine, but wouldn't stay connected to a pool. Wanted to share what we found in case others encounter the same issue:

Asus routers (and presumably others) have a feature called AiProtection with a a Two Way Intrusion Protection setting that will specifically block bitcoin mining.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1008719/#a3

You'll have to disable this if you plan on mining behind any router with a similar protection. Worth noting that it can sometimes be automatically re-enabled during a firmware update.

Yes Trend Micro deems bitcoin mining as malicious and Asus will not work with them to remove this.

I mentioned this exact thing happening here to someone else with an Asus router:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63493197
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Went back and forth a bit with jstefanop for a bit to figure out why my Apollo II could sync & solo mine, but wouldn't stay connected to a pool. Wanted to share what we found in case others encounter the same issue:

Asus routers (and presumably others) have a feature called AiProtection with a a Two Way Intrusion Protection setting that will specifically block bitcoin mining.
https://kmpic.asus.com/images/2023/01/18/e13e2ea5-dbbf-4bb9-835d-b9adef8687f7.png
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1008719/#a3

You'll have to disable this if you plan on mining behind any router with a similar protection. Worth noting that it can sometimes be automatically re-enabled during a firmware update.
Activity: 14

Had to fix some issues with board detection on older Batch 1/2 units. Should have the image out in a few hours.

FYI we just pushed 2.0.4 out that fixes solo page issues when you find a share higher than 2.1 Billion (it will crash the UI on versions lower than this)

Press the power button and go down to the version number to force an update

Updates now reboot the system, so you will need to refresh the page after it reached 90% complete if you are accessing from another computer(update can take 10-15m so dont do anything until progress reaches 90%).

Not sure what you mean by "Press power button"
Is the "power button" on the MCU2 software and do I download it from the last MCU2 update link?
Or is there a separate MCU1 software update link?

Thanks
legendary

I believe 4TB drives should work with it, only tested up to 2TB though.

2TB will last nearly 10 years before you need to upgrade. Anything higher is overkill since these drives will be a fraction of the cost when you need top upgrade.

We are hesitant to add USB/custom locations for node drive since they are notoriously slow. Would not do this especially if you want to solo mine.

In that case, I agree then. 2TB is plenty.
Still have a few GB's on the 1TB NVMe for now.

How is progress on MCU1 software update?

Had to fix some issues with board detection on older Batch 1/2 units. Should have the image out in a few hours.

FYI we just pushed 2.0.4 out that fixes solo page issues when you find a share higher than 2.1 Billion (it will crash the UI on versions lower than this)

Press the power button and go down to the version number to force an update

Updates now reboot the system, so you will need to refresh the page after it reached 90% complete if you are accessing from another computer(update can take 10-15m so dont do anything until progress reaches 90%).

2TB will last nearly 10 years before you need to upgrade. Anything higher is overkill since these drives will be a fraction of the cost when you need top upgrade.

We are hesitant to add USB/custom locations for node drive since they are notoriously slow. Would not do this especially if you want to solo mine.

In that case, I agree then. 2TB is plenty.
Still have a few GB's on the 1TB NVMe for now.

How is progress on MCU1 software update?

legendary
Any chance on hardware DIY upgrade?
[MCU1----->MCU2]

Looking forward to the MCU1 software update. I've had my Apollo 2 plugged in ready to go for a few days :-)

Thanks!!

Should have the MCU1 update out by tomorrow. There is no point to update the MCU, its the exact same hardware MCU2 just has slightly different pinouts and configuration that was custom designed for our application.

OK, great! Thanks for update.
What is the max replacement VNMe capacity for the V1 Apollo unit?
Can the new software (V2) include option to use USB SSD instead of internal VNMe?

Thanks again.

[MCU1----->MCU2]

Looking forward to the MCU1 software update. I've had my Apollo 2 plugged in ready to go for a few days :-)

Thanks!!

Should have the MCU1 update out by tomorrow. There is no point to update the MCU, its the exact same hardware MCU2 just has slightly different pinouts and configuration that was custom designed for our application.

OK, great! Thanks for update.
What is the max replacement VNMe capacity for the V1 Apollo unit?
Can the new software (V2) include option to use USB SSD instead of internal VNMe?

Thanks again.
legendary
[MCU1----->MCU2]

Thanks!!

Sorry guys dropped the ball on this one, obviously focused on making sure we had a shippable OS for all our Apollo II units going out.

Good news is that all the work we have done for the Apollo II translates to all Apollo BTC units, we just finalized a stable release for Apollo II and BTC/MCU2 units and will have an image for MCU1 units hopefully by tomorrow/sunday.

We are all working overtime to get the OS and all Apollo IIs out to you all!

legendary

I assume that the internal flash memory is being read much too quickly, but all services have not started yet. A pause would then have to be inserted in the rc.local before mounting the SSD.

Code:
mount /dev/nvme0n1p1 /media/nvme
#mount nvme drive

Code:
#mount nvme drive
sleep 5 && mount /dev/nvme0n1p1 /media/nvme

if there is a pause of about 5 seconds before the mount command is set, the SSD will work after booting the MCU-2.

This helps with super-fast SD cards or internal flash memory of the Orange PI 4 LTS

Thanks, we will look into this, most likely need to tune when we start the rc.local service. Would rather avoid sleep in startup code.
[MCU1----->MCU2]

Thanks!!

Sorry guys dropped the ball on this one, obviously focused on making sure we had a shippable OS for all our Apollo II units going out.

Good news is that all the work we have done for the Apollo II translates to all Apollo BTC units, we just finalized a stable release for Apollo II and BTC/MCU2 units and will have an image for MCU1 units hopefully by tomorrow/sunday.

Activity: 8

I assume that the internal flash memory is being read much too quickly, but all services have not started yet. A pause would then have to be inserted in the rc.local before mounting the SSD.

Code:
mount /dev/nvme0n1p1 /media/nvme
#mount nvme drive

Code:
#mount nvme drive
sleep 5 && mount /dev/nvme0n1p1 /media/nvme

if there is a pause of about 5 seconds before the mount command is set, the SSD will work after booting the MCU-2.

This helps with super-fast SD cards or internal flash memory of the Orange PI 4 LTS
Activity: 7
Is there a detailed explanation of how Solo Mining works in the new Apollo OS v2? When I switch to solo mining, I can see my stats at solo.ckpool.org, but the Solo Mining page on the Apollo still says, "Waiting for first share. Please wait until the first share is received."
legendary
Yes, you have to wait for the MCU1 version of the OS to come out, unfortunately. Right now you can't use the Apollo 2 (I'm in the same boat).
Ngl a little disappointed that we as holdest customers get to use the Apollo 2 last, but it is what it is.. I'd rather they have it figured it out instead of rushing the OS out and risk bricking the machine or something.

Hello all.  I have one of the full node Apollo 1 machines and just got my Apollo II Standard to plug into the original Apollo and increase my hashrate.  I have followed the instructions that came with the machine and it does not appear to be increasing the hashrate of my original device in the mining pool.  Is there something else that needs to be done so that the two units will work together?  I know a new OS is coming out soon for the old machines but as of now, it doesn't seem like the original Apollo BTC Full Node is using the new Apollo II standard for any work.  Any help would be appreciated.

That was what I was afraid of.  I guess they wanted to get the miners out but it would be nice if we could use them.  Now only those that bought full machines will be able to do anything with them.  Here’s to hoping they get the software update out soon.

Activity: 3
Yes, you have to wait for the MCU1 version of the OS to come out, unfortunately. Right now you can't use the Apollo 2 (I'm in the same boat).
Ngl a little disappointed that we as holdest customers get to use the Apollo 2 last, but it is what it is.. I'd rather they have it figured it out instead of rushing the OS out and risk bricking the machine or something.

Hello all.  I have one of the full node Apollo 1 machines and just got my Apollo II Standard to plug into the original Apollo and increase my hashrate.  I have followed the instructions that came with the machine and it does not appear to be increasing the hashrate of my original device in the mining pool.  Is there something else that needs to be done so that the two units will work together?  I know a new OS is coming out soon for the old machines but as of now, it doesn't seem like the original Apollo BTC Full Node is using the new Apollo II standard for any work.  Any help would be appreciated.

That was what I was afraid of.  I guess they wanted to get the miners out but it would be nice if we could use them.  Now only those that bought full machines will be able to do anything with them.  Here’s to hoping they get the software update out soon.
Activity: 44

Activity: 3
Activity: 0
Next update im just nuking HW errors

I agree ... everything looks good apart the NW Error Number..

Thank you for your help.

https://bashify.io/i/txz0LA_miner

legendary
Hi,

Update to OS 2 (Thank you)

Still showing >20% Hardware Errors Sad

Please advice.

Regards

Kim

Total pools and hashboards

Hashboards

Active 1/1

2.54 TH/s

59°C

2760 rpm

62.68 W/TH

19.60 A

20.60%

Next update im just nuking HW errors Cheesy

The HW error rate in the overview section should not be there and will be removed for "Reject Rate" which is a more accurate representation of real errors. If your share reject rate is low you dont actually have 20% hardware errors (and based on your hashrate looks like you are at balanced mode and hashing at the right speed).
Activity: 0
Hi,

Update to OS 2 (Thank you)

Still showing >20% Hardware Errors Sad

Please advice.

Regards

Kim

Total pools and hashboards

Hashboards

Active 1/1

2.54 TH/s