Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 2. (Read 39166 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
anyone know what to do with the satscards? I'm in UK and haven't come across these before. 

Use it as a hardware wallet for your mining or solo mining address.

We included it for new users that dont have wallets so they can get started in one step by just importing the wallet address for either solo mining or mining straight to wallet address using ocean pool.

I didn't get a satscard...
brand new
Activity: 0
Hi, it looks like the Unit opened up port 8333 via UPnP, but I still see only 10 connections...Is it because it is still syncing with the Blockchain?
Any thoughts? Thanks.
anyone know what to do with the satscards? I'm in UK and haven't come across these before. 

The Satscard is basically an NFC card version of an Opendime. You can use the Nunchuk wallet app to access it.
Activity: 14
MCU1 full node with Apollo 2 Standard attached to USB.
Using  v2.0.4-beta

Noticed that hash rate to NiceHash is only a fraction of actual mining.
When looking at the stats only shows one of the 2 miners (Apollo2) reporting data at no more than fraction (1.2 TH) of actual rate (5.8TH).
Apollo BTC is showing 1.9 TH and 0TH on NiceHash account.

Is this on nice hash only? Would wait at least an hour for hashrate to settle.

Might be NiceHash only. One of the 2 (Apollo 2 S) is sending data at severely reduced rate even after a few hours. MCU1 unit does not send data at all as shown in the "Hashboards and Pools" page.
NiceHash may require separate Id's for each mining unit?

I believe what you are seeing is the Apollo BTC is hashing and the Apollo 2 is not.
That's why you see "reduced' hashrate but actually it's the Apollo BTC's hashrate that you are seeing. They are mislabeled in the software.

I have the same problem with miningrigrentals, I can only get the Apollo BTC to hash there, the Apollo 2 doesn't send data. It works fine on Braiins though, but I would like to have it work on MRR.
I believe you would need separate id's for each unit but it doesn't look like you can do that right now.

OK, I see and agree, they must be cross labeled or not reading assigned values. Also agree that some pools need separate Id's depending on how data is sent/received. I have a few GPU rigs on NiceHash and all cards on each rig have their own ID's

Hopefully Monday's update will address some of these issues as we are still in a Beta version.

Currently when more Standard units are connected it looks like a single miner as far as the pool is concerned. We only test on standard pools, but will check nice hash and mining rentals to see what the issue is, but these are notoriously buggy pools since they just send the connection to a downstream pool anyway.

Meanwhile it would be good if we can have an option to control (on-off) each miner attached to main Apollo BTC, including the built in unit. I'd rather send the higher hash rate from the external Apollo then the lower on MCU1 controller. As this is what is actually happening even if both miners are running.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
FYI official images for all Apollo units are out.

This release is pretty stable and will probably knock of the beta tag on the next release after we fix a few last mostly visual bugs.

https://github.com/jstefanop/apolloapi-v2/releases/tag/v2.0.4-beta

Will release the windows/linux Apollo 2 mining binaries tomorrow.
legendary

Use it as a hardware wallet for your mining or solo mining address.

We included it for new users that dont have wallets so they can get started in one step by just importing the wallet address for either solo mining or mining straight to wallet address using ocean pool.
Activity: 6
legendary
Using  v2.0.4-beta

When looking at the stats only shows one of the 2 miners (Apollo2) reporting data at no more than fraction (1.2 TH) of actual rate (5.8TH).

Might be NiceHash only. One of the 2 (Apollo 2 S) is sending data at severely reduced rate even after a few hours. MCU1 unit does not send data at all as shown in the "Hashboards and Pools" page.

I believe what you are seeing is the Apollo BTC is hashing and the Apollo 2 is not.
That's why you see "reduced' hashrate but actually it's the Apollo BTC's hashrate that you are seeing. They are mislabeled in the software.

I have the same problem with miningrigrentals, I can only get the Apollo BTC to hash there, the Apollo 2 doesn't send data. It works fine on Braiins though, but I would like to have it work on MRR.
I believe you would need separate id's for each unit but it doesn't look like you can do that right now.

OK, I see and agree, they must be cross labeled or not reading assigned values. Also agree that some pools need separate Id's depending on how data is sent/received. I have a few GPU rigs on NiceHash and all cards on each rig have their own ID's

Hopefully Monday's update will address some of these issues as we are still in a Beta version.

Currently when more Standard units are connected it looks like a single miner as far as the pool is concerned. We only test on standard pools, but will check nice hash and mining rentals to see what the issue is, but these are notoriously buggy pools since they just send the connection to a downstream pool anyway.
Using  v2.0.4-beta

Using  v2.0.4-beta

legendary
Hello all, any suggestions as to what the best way is to connect Gen I full Node with the New Apollo II?
Thanks for your help!

Hi we are about to release updated images for Gen 1 units with Apollo II support officially on our support and GitHub pages on monday so look for an announcement/email. You can find the links for beta images if you go back a few pages.
brand new
Hello all, any suggestions as to what the best way is to connect Gen I full Node with the New Apollo II?
Thanks for your help!
Using  v2.0.4-beta

yeah.
your btcaddress.apollo1
your btcaddress.apollo2

may be better

or

yourbtcaddress.0001
yourbtcaddress.0002

may even be best.

I'm still getting familiar with the software settings, do I add each one in the same "User Name" field or is there a setting where each attached unit can be named as you describe?
Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
Using  v2.0.4-beta

yeah.
your btcaddress.apollo1
your btcaddress.apollo2

may be better

or

yourbtcaddress.0001
yourbtcaddress.0002

may even be best.
Using  v2.0.4-beta

Activity: 17
Merit: 1
Hello so I flashed the new os 2 on my Apollo mcu1 seems to work. No hashrate from my dashboard like I said on support by email.

I have a question is that possible to point other miners on my own solo node for the solo mining or it’s exclusive for the Apollo ?

Hi your dashboard is showing 0 hashrate?

Yes you can point any Bitcoin miner to the solo pool. The LAN address is shown in the solo pool page, and you can also port forward 3333 to your LAN address so you can access the solo pool from your WAN address.

Yes I opened a ticket support they asked me to open the ssh port to check the hashboard im waiting for a response but I’m shure you’re all in the rush to bring us the new Apollo 2 Smiley

I tried to point my 2pacs and my compacsf but doesn’t seems to work… put the stratum that is shown and my bitcoin adress I will try to port forward to perhaps it will work like this !

The solo mining part works both locally and externally if you port forward correctly! Smiley

Make sure that your using the following in your cgminer code
Code:
stratum+tcp://YOURLOCALIPADDRESS:3333 -u YOURBITCOINADDRESS -p x

That’s exactly what I made and nothing happens on cgminer …

Since I forwarwed the port all seems to work flawlessly ! And to point another miner on the node on your local network use: Ip of the miner:3333 for ex : 192.168.1.xx:3333
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
Hello so I flashed the new os 2 on my Apollo mcu1 seems to work. No hashrate from my dashboard like I said on support by email.

I have a question is that possible to point other miners on my own solo node for the solo mining or it’s exclusive for the Apollo ?

Yes you can point any Bitcoin miner to the solo pool. The LAN address is shown in the solo pool page, and you can also port forward 3333 to your LAN address so you can access the solo pool from your WAN address.

Yes I opened a ticket support they asked me to open the ssh port to check the hashboard im waiting for a response but I’m shure you’re all in the rush to bring us the new Apollo 2 Smiley

I tried to point my 2pacs and my compacsf but doesn’t seems to work… put the stratum that is shown and my bitcoin adress I will try to port forward to perhaps it will work like this !

The solo mining part works both locally and externally if you port forward correctly! Smiley

Code:

That’s exactly what I made and nothing happens on cgminer …
legendary
So the Apollo BTC (MCU1) recognized the Hashboard  (hashboard #0 Standard unit).

It started to hash and I started seeing activity on Braiins, although lower than 6+ TH/s
After 5-10 min, I got this error in the dashboard saying the Hashboard #0 is not Active

What is weird is it shows the standard unit is hashing but the Apollo BTC is not, what I see on the pool it looks like the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the Standard unit is not.

https://gyazo.com/dfe922d3b8b19ac8d7cdd60d85f8ae30

https://gyazo.com/fb9a2fa0ee93a929906bc6cdf5d63167

EDIT: After restarting the miner and the hashboard being active again, I noticed in the "show all data>pools" tab that the hashboard was showing 0 (By the way there is an issue with the labelling, it inverts the 2 boards Apollo BTC should be #0) so I thought maybe it's an issue with miningrigrentals.com so I switched to Braiins pool directly.
Restarted and now the standard unit showed some activity in the pools tab. Although after a few minutes, it dropped again and saying inactive.

https://gyazo.com/e4791f6cf7605178d248f979a9bdc87e

Again, the reporting is wrong, the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the standard unit is inactive, it doesn't show 0 on the screenshot but the current overall hashrate in the background only shows 2Th/s

Apollo II ramps up hashrate slower than Apollo I, there is a much better auto tuner built in that takes about 15 min to reach optimal hashrate.

Looks like both connect but Apollo II drops after a while, the Apollo II is the USB unit correct?

If you can ssh into your Apollo I please send the dmesg output after it drops so we can see if it's a USB or software issue (can email us the output).

So the Apollo BTC (MCU1) recognized the Hashboard  (hashboard #0 Standard unit).

It started to hash and I started seeing activity on Braiins, although lower than 6+ TH/s
After 5-10 min, I got this error in the dashboard saying the Hashboard #0 is not Active

What is weird is it shows the standard unit is hashing but the Apollo BTC is not, what I see on the pool it looks like the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the Standard unit is not.

https://gyazo.com/dfe922d3b8b19ac8d7cdd60d85f8ae30

https://gyazo.com/fb9a2fa0ee93a929906bc6cdf5d63167

EDIT: After restarting the miner and the hashboard being active again, I noticed in the "show all data>pools" tab that the hashboard was showing 0 (By the way there is an issue with the labelling, it inverts the 2 boards Apollo BTC should be #0) so I thought maybe it's an issue with miningrigrentals.com so I switched to Braiins pool directly.
Restarted and now the standard unit showed some activity in the pools tab. Although after a few minutes, it dropped again and saying inactive.

https://gyazo.com/e4791f6cf7605178d248f979a9bdc87e

Again, the reporting is wrong, the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the standard unit is inactive, it doesn't show 0 on the screenshot but the current overall hashrate in the background only shows 2Th/s
Activity: 562
Merit: 139

Code:
Pages:
Jump to: