Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 4. (Read 39523 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 1
Hello so I flashed the new os 2 on my Apollo mcu1 seems to work. No hashrate from my dashboard like I said on support by email.

I have a question is that possible to point other miners on my own solo node for the solo mining or it’s exclusive for the Apollo ?

Hi your dashboard is showing 0 hashrate?

Yes you can point any Bitcoin miner to the solo pool. The LAN address is shown in the solo pool page, and you can also port forward 3333 to your LAN address so you can access the solo pool from your WAN address.

Yes I opened a ticket support they asked me to open the ssh port to check the hashboard im waiting for a response but I’m shure you’re all in the rush to bring us the new Apollo 2 Smiley

I tried to point my 2pacs and my compacsf but doesn’t seems to work… put the stratum that is shown and my bitcoin adress I will try to port forward to perhaps it will work like this !

The solo mining part works both locally and externally if you port forward correctly! Smiley

Make sure that your using the following in your cgminer code
Code:
stratum+tcp://YOURLOCALIPADDRESS:3333 -u YOURBITCOINADDRESS -p x

That’s exactly what I made and nothing happens on cgminer …
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
So the Apollo BTC (MCU1) recognized the Hashboard  (hashboard #0 Standard unit).

It started to hash and I started seeing activity on Braiins, although lower than 6+ TH/s
After 5-10 min, I got this error in the dashboard saying the Hashboard #0 is not Active

What is weird is it shows the standard unit is hashing but the Apollo BTC is not, what I see on the pool it looks like the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the Standard unit is not.

https://gyazo.com/dfe922d3b8b19ac8d7cdd60d85f8ae30

https://gyazo.com/fb9a2fa0ee93a929906bc6cdf5d63167

EDIT: After restarting the miner and the hashboard being active again, I noticed in the "show all data>pools" tab that the hashboard was showing 0 (By the way there is an issue with the labelling, it inverts the 2 boards Apollo BTC should be #0) so I thought maybe it's an issue with miningrigrentals.com so I switched to Braiins pool directly.
Restarted and now the standard unit showed some activity in the pools tab. Although after a few minutes, it dropped again and saying inactive.

https://gyazo.com/e4791f6cf7605178d248f979a9bdc87e

Again, the reporting is wrong, the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the standard unit is inactive, it doesn't show 0 on the screenshot but the current overall hashrate in the background only shows 2Th/s

Apollo II ramps up hashrate slower than Apollo I, there is a much better auto tuner built in that takes about 15 min to reach optimal hashrate.

Looks like both connect but Apollo II drops after a while, the Apollo II is the USB unit correct?

If you can ssh into your Apollo I please send the dmesg output after it drops so we can see if it's a USB or software issue (can email us the output).

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
So the Apollo BTC (MCU1) recognized the Hashboard  (hashboard #0 Standard unit).

It started to hash and I started seeing activity on Braiins, although lower than 6+ TH/s
After 5-10 min, I got this error in the dashboard saying the Hashboard #0 is not Active

What is weird is it shows the standard unit is hashing but the Apollo BTC is not, what I see on the pool it looks like the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the Standard unit is not.

https://gyazo.com/dfe922d3b8b19ac8d7cdd60d85f8ae30

https://gyazo.com/fb9a2fa0ee93a929906bc6cdf5d63167

EDIT: After restarting the miner and the hashboard being active again, I noticed in the "show all data>pools" tab that the hashboard was showing 0 (By the way there is an issue with the labelling, it inverts the 2 boards Apollo BTC should be #0) so I thought maybe it's an issue with miningrigrentals.com so I switched to Braiins pool directly.
Restarted and now the standard unit showed some activity in the pools tab. Although after a few minutes, it dropped again and saying inactive.

https://gyazo.com/e4791f6cf7605178d248f979a9bdc87e

Again, the reporting is wrong, the Apollo BTC is actually mining at 2TH/s and the standard unit is inactive, it doesn't show 0 on the screenshot but the current overall hashrate in the background only shows 2Th/s
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Hello so I flashed the new os 2 on my Apollo mcu1 seems to work. No hashrate from my dashboard like I said on support by email.

I have a question is that possible to point other miners on my own solo node for the solo mining or it’s exclusive for the Apollo ?

Yes you can point any Bitcoin miner to the solo pool. The LAN address is shown in the solo pool page, and you can also port forward 3333 to your LAN address so you can access the solo pool from your WAN address.

Yes I opened a ticket support they asked me to open the ssh port to check the hashboard im waiting for a response but I’m shure you’re all in the rush to bring us the new Apollo 2 Smiley

I tried to point my 2pacs and my compacsf but doesn’t seems to work… put the stratum that is shown and my bitcoin adress I will try to port forward to perhaps it will work like this !

The solo mining part works both locally and externally if you port forward correctly! Smiley

Make sure that your using the following in your cgminer code
Code:
stratum+tcp://YOURLOCALIPADDRESS:3333 -u YOURBITCOINADDRESS -p x

Activity: 6
received my Apollo 2 founders edition.  Excitedly flashed the sd and powered it all up.  of all the technical faults or issues I expected to face, what I didn't bank on was not being able to connect it to wifi - just goes round in a perpetual loop of putting in the wifi password, thinks about it and then says not connected and brings up the password pop up again.  It recognises my wifi networks fine (and the password I am entering is correct - I double checked!).  It just won't connect to wifi.  Very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

ok, so I just powered up my other unit without flashing it and it works fine, so something happened in reflashing to muck up the wifi connectivity. Question is now how do I fix that? 

and now after an hour's use, the other unit has dropped off the wifi and won't reconnect.  Brilliant.  Never had any issues like this with the Apollo 1 units.  Right now I have 2 expensive bricks taking up space in my office Sad

Wifi on our controllers are finicky, needs to be close range to the router and mixed 2.4/5GHz networks dont work well. Best is to seperate SSID for 2.4 and connect to just the 2.4 SSID.

Apollo 1 wifi has been bullet proof so does the Apollo 2 use an inferior interface? I'm using the 2 at the same distance as I've always used the 1.  Nothing seems to be working to resolve the wifi conenction issue.  Hard wiring seems the only solution which kind of makes the whole concept a bit pointless. 

If you have an early Apollo I with MCU1 that tended to be a more reliable wifi controller than MCU2 units that ship on later Apollo 1/2s.

Wifi is also effected by many things, just the cases differences between the two units can cause much difference.

Have you tried it on a 2.4ghz only SSID?

yes, i've done this and it makes no difference unfortunately. 
legendary

legendary
MCU1 full node with Apollo 2 Standard attached to USB.
Using  v2.0.4-beta

Noticed that hash rate to NiceHash is only a fraction of actual mining.
When looking at the stats only shows one of the 2 miners (Apollo2) reporting data at no more than fraction (1.2 TH) of actual rate (5.8TH).
Apollo BTC is showing 1.9 TH and 0TH on NiceHash account.

Is this on nice hash only? Would wait at least an hour for hashrate to settle.
legendary
Link to download MCU1 Apollo OS 2 below.

Want to get this tested here by a few of you since we dont have a lot of MCU1 devices left to test.

Below feedback would be appreciated:
OS detects internal board and starts up fine
OS detects and starts up external USB Standard units (both Apollo BTC or if any MCU1 owners have an Apollo II standard yet)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j4o3rcwe88emzsuwe4wm7/apollo-2-mcu1_110424.img.xz?rlkey=cu3i66xtl5n4ln8ji7mct3zth&dl=0

This includes latest v2.0.4-beta release

Reminder MCU1 controllers are Batch 1/2 Apollos with the longer GPIO pins on the board (check link below if you are not sure which you have).

https://mega.nz/file/dghWnKJC#J2kkpfH5RVKynf0OvuE5mKojXdUqAFCczHMyv6mDrM4

My miner is crashing, and restarting every 10-20 minutes. To my feeling it's happening the moment new blocks are mined.

The node falls back a couple of hundred blocks after the restart, i.e. the current block was 838879 and the node would start syncing at 838663 again.

MCU1 board. This behaviour was also happening before, and I was hoping the upgrade would fix this.

This sounds like a corrupted SSD drive. You might need to reformat the drive and start syncing again. Can also try a re-indexing the node before you reformat the drive.
Activity: 14
MCU1 full node with Apollo 2 Standard attached to USB.
Using  v2.0.4-beta

Noticed that hash rate to NiceHash is only a fraction of actual mining.
When looking at the stats only shows one of the 2 miners (Apollo2) reporting data at no more than fraction (1.2 TH) of actual rate (5.8TH).
Apollo BTC is showing 1.9 TH and 0TH on NiceHash account.

Activity: 0

Want to get this tested here by a few of you since we dont have a lot of MCU1 devices left to test.

OS detects and starts up external USB Standard units (both Apollo BTC or if any MCU1 owners have an Apollo II standard yet)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j4o3rcwe88emzsuwe4wm7/apollo-2-mcu1_110424.img.xz?rlkey=cu3i66xtl5n4ln8ji7mct3zth&dl=0

Reminder MCU1 controllers are Batch 1/2 Apollos with the longer GPIO pins on the board (check link below if you are not sure which you have).

My miner is crashing, and restarting every 10-20 minutes. To my feeling it's happening the moment new blocks are mined.

The node falls back a couple of hundred blocks after the restart, i.e. the current block was 838879 and the node would start syncing at 838663 again.

MCU1 board. This behaviour was also happening before, and I was hoping the upgrade would fix this.
legendary
received my Apollo 2 founders edition.  Excitedly flashed the sd and powered it all up.  of all the technical faults or issues I expected to face, what I didn't bank on was not being able to connect it to wifi - just goes round in a perpetual loop of putting in the wifi password, thinks about it and then says not connected and brings up the password pop up again.  It recognises my wifi networks fine (and the password I am entering is correct - I double checked!).  It just won't connect to wifi.  Very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

ok, so I just powered up my other unit without flashing it and it works fine, so something happened in reflashing to muck up the wifi connectivity. Question is now how do I fix that? 

and now after an hour's use, the other unit has dropped off the wifi and won't reconnect.  Brilliant.  Never had any issues like this with the Apollo 1 units.  Right now I have 2 expensive bricks taking up space in my office Sad

Wifi on our controllers are finicky, needs to be close range to the router and mixed 2.4/5GHz networks dont work well. Best is to seperate SSID for 2.4 and connect to just the 2.4 SSID.

Apollo 1 wifi has been bullet proof so does the Apollo 2 use an inferior interface? I'm using the 2 at the same distance as I've always used the 1.  Nothing seems to be working to resolve the wifi conenction issue.  Hard wiring seems the only solution which kind of makes the whole concept a bit pointless. 

If you have an early Apollo I with MCU1 that tended to be a more reliable wifi controller than MCU2 units that ship on later Apollo 1/2s.

Wifi is also effected by many things, just the cases differences between the two units can cause much difference.

Have you tried it on a 2.4ghz only SSID?

Activity: 14

Finally found the "Power button" LOL...
Just started MCU1 up. Looks and working well. It recognized Apollo2 S. and mining in ECO mode @ 7.8TH and 307W
GUI is a bit slow and jerky but manageable. I'm assuming it's the MCU1, otherwise working well so far.
legendary

Activity: 562
Merit: 139
received my Apollo 2 founders edition.  Excitedly flashed the sd and powered it all up.  of all the technical faults or issues I expected to face, what I didn't bank on was not being able to connect it to wifi - just goes round in a perpetual loop of putting in the wifi password, thinks about it and then says not connected and brings up the password pop up again.  It recognises my wifi networks fine (and the password I am entering is correct - I double checked!).  It just won't connect to wifi.  Very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

and now after an hour's use, the other unit has dropped off the wifi and won't reconnect.  Brilliant.  Never had any issues like this with the Apollo 1 units.  Right now I have 2 expensive bricks taking up space in my office Sad

In the event you havent yet, there was an update that was pushed out for the Apollo II. Click on the yellow power button and then on the software version number. That should patch the system to the most recent version.

Pages:
Jump to: