Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 37. (Read 39579 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 1
Anyone tried running Home Assistant from their Apollo?

Figure if it's online 24/7 maybe I can use it to host a local Home Assistant server at the same time.

https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
I am thinking you will hit soon. Maybe with the one I sold you. Maybe with sidehack's but I feel a hit.

I got a block of Doge with the Apollo doge. 10000 doge sold at 6 cents = 600 paid off the apollo for me.

I'm hopeful and optimistic. Would love nothing more than to see this all to pan out on Kano's solo pool for his efforts and guidance.

Activity: 112
Merit: 83
I am thinking you will hit soon. Maybe with the one I sold you. Maybe with sidehack's but I feel a hit.

I got a block of Doge with the Apollo doge. 10000 doge sold at 6 cents = 600 paid off the apollo for me.
@Nonce

The BTC gods have been good to me so I want to give back and hopefully show that I can be successful again by using home / hobby miners using hardware from Futurebit and GekkoScience. Smiley

In my case I sold off all of my 3.5GH ETH mining setup over the past months and the in turn used that $ to buy more home BTC mining gear. So it wasn't really money out of pocket since my ETH rigs have more than paid for themselves over the years and I'm a geek who loves to tinker with stuff so this makes me happy. The electric bill is a big nut to crack but I am handling it every month without concern.

Now on the Apollo side I do only have 1 "Full" BTC node running in my environment although I do have several "Full" versions of the Apollo running (without the drive) so they aren't really doing anything more than being used as controllers / guis to access them and the 3 standards attached to each.

Even with the Apollo's running at 89-90% Power and 60 Frequency the noise is not audible from outside my "space" (Garage) and the heat is tamed with slow quiet fans blowing on the units (again all reused from my GPU mining) and a simple intake with negative pressure thanks to well placed exhaust fans.

I had 2 x S9's initially for testing and no matter how much I tried I just couldn't manage the noise effectively so I opted to go this route which I am quite pleased with.

I will also continue to buy professional miners and have them hosted in a proper colocation center when the timing and funds are right but this is a personal mission / journey that I am glad to share with everyone.
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
[...]

I'm on a mission to find a block with these just like I did with the Compac F's (which I am now running 30 of as well). If you look close you can see them in the rack as well as my table behind the rack. I have all 16 of these and 30 Compac F's pointed at Kano's solo pool equaling about 65TH/s.

I really like what these little miners / nodes stand for and do which to me helping secure the BTC blockchain while mining from home. I dig it!!!!
I see, so it's a more 'philosophical' motivation, then.. Wink
Yeah; home mining is great, just that you miss out on 'economy of scale' when buying dozens of low-hashpower units instead of a handful of big miners.

I even went out and bought my parents and nieces / nephews a full node as well as gifts.
Again, I dig these as single devices; if I had more than one, I'd also 'geographically spread' them a little, too! Just not sold on running dozens of them in one spot. At full throttle they're also not 'silent' either.

The motherboard is dormant remnants of my Eth rigs which are now offline for about 4 months. Great re-use of the empty racks though.

Heat and noise really prevent me from running larger miners in my existing space. Smiley
Oh I see; so this is indeed not an industrial space, but your home space, which is why you need low noise. That makes more sense.
Yet again, in case you're ever going to play with the idea of bringing those S19s home; there are very creative ideas to run them at low noise, too.

Bitcoin home mining on Twitter.

Don't beat your utility bill, Eat your utility bill!

A quick thread on a home mining project that will profitably heat a home this winter. This immersion rig heats water & augments the home furnace

#bitcoinmining #bitcoin #cryptocurrecy @CoinDesk
  @BitcoinBrains
 @SGBarbour

THIS IS TRUE DECENTRALIZATION

Pleb mining pic thread.

I hear ppl say home mining is dead, but then I see pics like these. I love how innovative our mining community is even during hash at ATH the stacking sats game is strong!

#Bitcoin
#blockchain
#BTC

[...]

Wow, that's an insane setup! Cheesy

My only question would be what's the motivation behind getting 16 apollos and running them in a basically industrial setting, when it comes to upfront cost, location and equipment.
These 16 machines should give you roughly 50TH/s, pulling roughly 4kW and costing over $8k.

When for $2k you can get four Antminer S9s, with similar total hashrate and 5.6kW. Sure, a bit higher power costs, but the extra $6k is a lot to spend on power.
Or you could spend a bit more, roughly $10k on a S19, pull less power (3.5kW) and do almost triple the hashrate ~140TH/s.

My impression of the Apollo is that it's nice as a single 'desktop' unit, where noise is crucial and you just want to 'get your toes wet', without spending too much money on hardware and power.
But it doesn't really scale; for more hash, as long as you have a space to put them where noise doesn't bother you (such as what I can tell in your picture), getting 1 or 2 industrial miners usually nets you more hash and less power draw.

I'm on a mission to find a block with these just like I did with the Compac F's (which I am now running 30 of as well). If you look close you can see them in the rack as well as my table behind the rack. I have all 16 of these and 30 Compac F's pointed at Kano's solo pool equaling about 65TH/s.

I really like what these little miners / nodes stand for and do which to me helping secure the BTC blockchain while mining from home. I dig it!!!!

I even went out and bought my parents and nieces / nephews a full node as well as gifts.

I'm pushing right around 14TH @ 1000w with each row of 4 Apollo's and plan to add another standard to each tier. 4 of the batch 4 have been pre-ordered.

I do also have 4 x S19APro's @ 110TH each running @ DelmavaBlockchain which are pointed at ck's pool.

The motherboard is dormant remnants of my Eth rigs which are now offline for about 4 months. Great re-use of the empty racks though.

Heat and noise really prevent me from running larger miners in my existing space. Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
Okay still a bit of cable management and cleanup needed but here ya go!

Wow, that's an insane setup! Cheesy

My only question would be what's the motivation behind getting 16 apollos and running them in a basically industrial setting, when it comes to upfront cost, location and equipment.
These 16 machines should give you roughly 50TH/s, pulling roughly 4kW and costing over $8k.

When for $2k you can get four Antminer S9s, with similar total hashrate and 5.6kW. Sure, a bit higher power costs, but the extra $6k is a lot to spend on power.
Or you could spend a bit more, roughly $10k on a S19, pull less power (3.5kW) and do almost triple the hashrate ~140TH/s.

My impression of the Apollo is that it's nice as a single 'desktop' unit, where noise is crucial and you just want to 'get your toes wet', without spending too much money on hardware and power.
But it doesn't really scale; for more hash, as long as you have a space to put them where noise doesn't bother you (such as what I can tell in your picture), getting 1 or 2 industrial miners usually nets you more hash and less power draw.

They look great!

Are you running them solo or at a pool?

Right now I have them all running on Kano's solo pool.  Smiley

Activity: 952
Merit: 938

~snip~

They look great!

Are you running them solo or at a pool?

Activity: 8
Merit: 1
Hey, aparentelly im getting shares, but i got error on prompt.

https://i.imgur.com/g1zoCMt.png
Here in the last lines

https://i.imgur.com/EY2fHXx.png

Im running windows.

I just download the folder from releases link, configurate the file, and run as adm.

i Need some help   Embarrassed

The miner application creates a write protected stats file if the binaries folder is write protected.
Okay so I am back to 16 online!  Grin

It appears that a USB hub is what I had to add to get 3 Standards to run stably on one on my Full node models.

I have 3 others that work fine with having 3 standards running on the integrated USB ports that are built in but hey i'll claim victory by using a non-powered hub which seems to be getting it done!!!

The one I sold arrived yesterday.  Is it working correctly? Or does it have the odd usb issue? (note this is my philipma1957 alt account)

Sending you a DM Smiley

got it thanks.
Activity: 515
Merit: 202
in BTC we trust!
Hey, aparentelly im getting shares, but i got error on prompt..

Hey @jstefanop can help?

The one I sold arrived yesterday.  Is it working correctly? Or does it have the odd usb issue? (note this is my philipma1957 alt account)

Sending you a DM Smiley

Do you got 'lucky' with solo and got some good rewards?

Indeed I did Smiley

I'm back down to 12 running at the moment as I work through a few what I believe to be USB gremlins.

The USB 3.0 ports seem to work perfectly on a few of my "Full" versions that have been purchased second hand and to be clear when running the "full" versions alone without any other standards connected they work fine.

It appears that on 3-4 of these controllers I'm having the same issue with the single USB (I assume it is a 2.0) port is just not working.

I've reflashed to the stock OS build on several sd cards, moved controllers to different units but just can't see to get more than 2 standards running specifically when introducing any device to that single 2.0 Port (not even a USB keyboard seems to work)

Tonight I am going to throw a USB hub into the mix off of one of those 3.0 ports and see how I make out.

Lets see a pic of that setup!

I really need to do a rack cleanup before I snap any images. My shits a mess right now! lol.

Indeed I did Smiley

I'm back down to 12 running at the moment as I work through a few what I believe to be USB gremlins.

The USB 3.0 ports seem to work perfectly on a few of my "Full" versions that have been purchased second hand and to be clear when running the "full" versions alone without any other standards connected they work fine.

It appears that on 3-4 of these controllers I'm having the same issue with the single USB (I assume it is a 2.0) port is just not working.

I've reflashed to the stock OS build on several sd cards, moved controllers to different units but just can't see to get more than 2 standards running specifically when introducing any device to that single 2.0 Port (not even a USB keyboard seems to work)

Tonight I am going to throw a USB hub into the mix off of one of those 3.0 ports and see how I make out.

Lets see a pic of that setup!

I really need to do a rack cleanup before I snap any images. My shits a mess right now! lol.

in BTC we trust!
Finally have all 16 online!  Grin

Each "workername" has a "Full" version with 3 Standards attached!

85% power and 60 Frequency!

"workername": "x.ApolloBTC1",
   "hashrate1m": "13T",
   "hashrate5m": "13T",
   "hashrate1hr": "13T",
   "hashrate1d": "12.9T",
   "hashrate7d": "6.08T",
   "lastshare": 1655261006,
   "shares": 1150554964,

in BTC we trust!
Hey, aparentelly im getting shares, but i got error on prompt.

Here in the last lines

Im running windows.

I just download the folder from releases link, configurate the file, and run as adm.

i Need some help   Embarrassed
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

I am running a standalone on a RPi 4 and here are the steps that I went thru to get it running.

How to Install 64-Bit OS on RPi 4 (4Gb) and get FutureBit Apollo BTC Standalone miner working

Get 64-Bit Raspberry Pi Image
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_arm64/images/
Image with Pi Imager
Have to use Custom Image option for now as 64-bit version is not listed.
Raspberry Pi Imager Tool (https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ )

Boot RPi with new card
Perform normal settings (SSH, Wifi, password, etc.)
Optionally:  sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade to get all updates applied.

Download RPi software from:
https://github.com/jstefanop/Apollo-Miner-Binaries/releases/
Get the aarch64 files and download and expand to folder of your choice
These are the Apollo miner executable along with start/stop scripts
Scripts will need editing for the user’s pool information, otherwise your mining power will benefit someone else.   

Install Prerequisites for Apollo Miner
Sudo apt-get install screen
Required for the Start_all script

Update Libstdc++ code
Append a line to file “/etc/apt/sources.list”
Type: Sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list to edit the file.
Add this line:    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian sid main
Ctrl-w, Ctrl-x to save and exit.
Then run
sudo apt update
sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade libstdc++6

Confirm your Standalone Apollo-BTC is visible:
ls /dev/ttyACM*
You should see this form of output for each attached standalone miner:  /dev/ttyACM0

Cd into your miner folder and type this to get started:
sudo ./start_apollo.sh
Or this if you have more than one unit:    sudo ./miner_start_all.sh 

I documented this as I was going thru sorting out the issues that I had, but I think it will get you up and running..

Thank you for these detailed steps! I found your post because I get this error:

sudo: ./start_apollo.sh: command not found

Even after following your instructions, I still get this error. What do you think I'm doing wrong?
Pages:
Jump to: