Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 33. (Read 39166 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Has anyone used the NODE Configuration to set up ledger live access?  If so, would you please share how you configured the node from the settings file?
'

Have been trying and can't seem to get it working.....asked a question about it on a recent post, got a response from john but it didn't work.
Activity: 1
I’m running 1 standard usb on 1 full mode BTC unit.  Can I add 5 more USB Standard miners to the same full node miner ?  For clarity… that’ll be one full node BTC miner with an additional 6 usb slaves.  Total of 7 miners. 
Activity: 59
Has anyone used the NODE Configuration to set up ledger live access?  If so, would you please share how you configured the node from the settings file?
'
Excellent news!  Congrats to the whole Futurebit team on the update. 

I look forward to updating as soon as I backup the Home Assistant data, which I just installed on Monday and loving so far (for those interested).

Two questions from me:

- being a Batch 3 owner, will there be future updates/features that come to the new MCU2 and not to MCU1?  Hope I'm on a 'retired' or 'legacy' hw platform after only a few months.

- after reboot, at the login screen, is there a reason virtual keyboard is disabled/not loading?  I share a keyboard between my workstation and futurebit.  Was hoping to use the virtual key board to login, but doesn't appear to work.  Was this intentional?

Both MCUs are identical and will be supported with any software updates, the new version just has different components that are more readily available and needs a different kernel to run so thats the reason for two versions.

Not sure about the virtual keyboard, is this occurring with the new image?

With system update are we talking about the firmware for the miner or the operating system, such as firefox and the word docs?
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

I look forward to updating as soon as I backup the Home Assistant data, which I just installed on Monday and loving so far (for those interested).

Two questions from me:

- being a Batch 3 owner, will there be future updates/features that come to the new MCU2 and not to MCU1?  Hope I'm on a 'retired' or 'legacy' hw platform after only a few months.

- after reboot, at the login screen, is there a reason virtual keyboard is disabled/not loading?  I share a keyboard between my workstation and futurebit.  Was hoping to use the virtual key board to login, but doesn't appear to work.  Was this intentional?

Both MCUs are identical and will be supported with any software updates, the new version just has different components that are more readily available and needs a different kernel to run so thats the reason for two versions.

Not sure about the virtual keyboard, is this occurring with the new image?
Can i run a umbrel lightning node or thunderhub?

If so does it need to download the full blockchain again?

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

Two questions from me:

legendary
New image is out!

Batch 4 units come with a new MCU that is no longer compatible with the original MCU firmware so there are now two separate image files depending on the MCU you have. For most here you're on MCU1 so make sure you download that version.

This image fixes the critical system update issue and is the largest upgrade since release. If you are a Batch 1-3 owner its highly recommended you flash your SD card to this image, and you will finally be free to update the system whenever it prompts you to or do apt upgrade/update without bricking your system!

All Batch 4 units shipping now already come with the latest firmware installed at factory so no need to flash to this one.

Folder for all Apollo BTC Image Releases: https://mega.nz/folder/ZlxnwYZb#ZN77cDAcXa6dN_2QKSdT_Q

There are now two versions of the Apollo MCU, and firmware images are not compatible with each other. Please read flash instructions below before proceeding to flash your unit!

https://mega.nz/folder/ZlxnwYZb#ZN77cDAcXa6dN_2QKSdT_Q/file/Fg4AzABD

Release 7/25/22

eaac461245fd4bc2a410f2dc5ebc861add6aa5618405c5998f780247999570b3  apollo-btc-mcu1_250722.img.xz
4d46819c9af6e6050b5d7c395da33aa4c10616bd46261a4fc4a3482e31ed36be  apollo-btc-mcu2_250722.img.xz

-Updated Apollo UI to latest 0.3.4
-Updated system to latest 5.15.xx kernel and package/security updates
-FutureBit user login password is now updated to dashboard password after user completes dashboard setup for added security
-Bitcoin core folder on nvme SSD drive now symlinks to standard location (~/.bitcoin)
-Fixed critical issue preventing system from updating
-System level fixes/tweaks for stability
You should get a notification in the top right of the WebUI

Dont have it.  I would post a screen shot if allowed.

That's extremely odd. Best bet I guess would be to wait for FutureBit to post the 0.3.4 images and then flash the SD card from that. Alternatively you could try to reflash 0.3.2 and see if a fresh install will trigger the update prompt

I was thinking the same thing
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925

That's extremely odd. Best bet I guess would be to wait for FutureBit to post the 0.3.4 images and then flash the SD card from that. Alternatively you could try to reflash 0.3.2 and see if a fresh install will trigger the update prompt

v0.3.4 of the Apollo UI has been Released!

Security:
-Fix vulrablilites when dashboard is exposed to public IP
-Bitcoind RPC is now randomly generated internally and only accessible via dashboard settings
-FutureBit user system password is now updated to dashboard password during initial setup

Feature:
-Option to enable Bitcoin Node to run via TOR network
-Users can directly edit bitcoin.conf via dashboard and edit their own settings (ie ipallow for external wallet connections etc)
-Better error handling and displaying UI faults to user

Fixes:
-UI stat bug cause by old corrupt log files
-Issue causing internal error when both wifi and ethernet interfaces are used
-Additional bug fixes and improvements

You should see a yellow update button on your UI, press this to start the update and wait until either the UI automatically reloads, or refresh your browser once you see your Apollo start mining again.

If you encounter any issues wait at least 15 minutes before you do anything as rebooting or power cycling during an update thats not complete can brick your system. Rebooting should fix any UI issues after the update.

Updated image with new UI as well as updated OS subsystem will be released next week.

Also encountered a small issue where if your Apollo has over 2-3 months of uptime, pulling the new update from git might not work, so if you have a really long uptime reboot your Apollo before starting the update (good practice either way to reboot it before performing updates as that clears memory and caches that could stall the update).

Today is July 21, 2022 and I have yet to see or receive the update to v3.4.  I am still on v3.2. Where can I get the update?
Anyone else using the TOR connection and only reaching a maximum of 16 or 17 nodes? On clearnet I used to get 31/32 no problem but it's been days now and the highest I've seen it go is 17
This has also been my experience using the new TOR connection option

It much harder to discover nodes over tor, it takes a while but should eventually get up to near the max connections.

Can confirm, I'm now at 28 connections
Activity: 4
trying to connect my node to ledger live....will this work ?
has anyone tried and got it working ?

Yes, with the new update all you have to do is add the line

rpcallowip=youripaddress

in the settings page of your node and save. IP address has to be the local IP address of your computer you have ledger live installed. You then can enable the connect full node settings in ledger live using your nodes ip address and its RPC credentials (username futurebit RPC password displayed in settings). Obviously both the node and your computer have to be on your local network for this to work.

That should do it and allow you to broadcast your Bitcoin txs through your own node via your ledger hardware wallet!

Appreciate the reply but unfortunately it did not work.

rpcallowip=123.456.7.890 in the config box. computer ip where ledger live is installed.

Then on ledger live connect node enter my ip address of the futurebit miner along with the port number example 123.123.1.123:8333

user futurebit password from settings page. Have tried this in TOR mode as well and still nothing.

I was able to reconnect a software wallet by adding the below lines to the settings box and saving, as clipped from econoalchemist's tutorial at https://bitcoinmagazine.com/guides/how-to-use-futurebit-apollo-bitcoin-node-miner
The recent update changed previously modified bitcoin.conf file described therein with TOR enabled. This seemed to worked for me but I have zero clue if this may cause other adverse issues

rpcbind=127.0.0.1
rpcbind=192.168.69.16 (your Apollo local IP address)
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.69.12 (your desktop local IP address)
Activity: 3
Awesome update @jstefanop. Fixes all the issues I had. Works very well indeed.

Works with just eth0 on a VLAN
Node is now syncing
Updating the settings no longer randomly unable to access one of the units. (Needed to reboot to fix, no longer required)
Stats are now displayed

Very happy camper...

rpcallowip=youripaddress

in the settings page of your node and save. IP address has to be the local IP address of your computer you have ledger live installed. You then can enable the connect full node settings in ledger live using your nodes ip address and its RPC credentials (username futurebit RPC password displayed in settings). Obviously both the node and your computer have to be on your local network for this to work.

That should do it and allow you to broadcast your Bitcoin txs through your own node via your ledger hardware wallet!

Appreciate the reply but unfortunately it did not work.

rpcallowip=123.456.7.890 in the config box. computer ip where ledger live is installed.

Then on ledger live connect node enter my ip address of the futurebit miner along with the port number example 123.123.1.123:8333

user futurebit password from settings page. Have tried this in TOR mode as well and still nothing.
legendary

rpcallowip=youripaddress

legendary
I am updating via the UI.
Been sitting on the 'Hold on, page will reload in few seconds...' for an hour.
Received the Slushpool Monitoring: 1 | 0 | -1 | 0 we all dread.
Is 'in few seconds...' a euphemism for something or should I conclude that my update has failed? 

Restart close the page and login again.

Worked like a charm, I should have checked the worker on Slushpool before posting as it has been active for 35 minutes.

Yea if its stuck on the page will reload for more than 10 min you can just refresh the page and most likely the update has been completed.
legendary
Anyone else using the TOR connection and only reaching a maximum of 16 or 17 nodes? On clearnet I used to get 31/32 no problem but it's been days now and the highest I've seen it go is 17
This has also been my experience using the new TOR connection option

It much harder to discover nodes over tor, it takes a while but should eventually get up to near the max connections.
Pages:
Jump to: