Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 34. (Read 39166 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Anyone else using the TOR connection and only reaching a maximum of 16 or 17 nodes? On clearnet I used to get 31/32 no problem but it's been days now and the highest I've seen it go is 17
This has also been my experience using the new TOR connection option
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Anyone else using the TOR connection and only reaching a maximum of 16 or 17 nodes? On clearnet I used to get 31/32 no problem but it's been days now and the highest I've seen it go is 17
Activity: 23
I am updating via the UI.
Been sitting on the 'Hold on, page will reload in few seconds...' for an hour.
Received the Slushpool Monitoring: 1 | 0 | -1 | 0 we all dread.
Is 'in few seconds...' a euphemism for something or should I conclude that my update has failed? 

Restart close the page and login again.

Worked like a charm, I should have checked the worker on Slushpool before posting as it has been active for 35 minutes.
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Is 'in few seconds...' a euphemism for something or should I conclude that my update has failed? 

Restart close the page and login again.
Activity: 23
Activity: 12
trying to connect my node to ledger live....will this work ?
has anyone tried and got it working ?
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hi,
I have a question about the node ports.
On my router I can only release port 8333 once.
But I have 2 nodes.

Are there other ports I can open?

I couldn't find any further information, except for 8333.

Is the other port 61123 correct?
With this port my router warns me that the port is not secure.

Thank you. @jStefanop: thank you for the update and your work.

Gags

You can change the default port number to something else with the port=xxxx config option. Best option is to just host your second node at a different location if you have access to one, more than one node in a single location is overkill.
Activity: 10
Hi,
I have a question about the node ports.
On my router I can only release port 8333 once.
But I have 2 nodes.

Are there other ports I can open?

I couldn't find any further information, except for 8333.

Is the other port 61123 correct?
With this port my router warns me that the port is not secure.
The Router is Fritzbox 7490.

Thank you.

@jStefanop: thank you for the update and your work.

Gags
Thanks for the update. Was running the test build all weekend without issue; great work guys!
legendary
v0.3.4 of the Apollo UI has been Released!

Security:
-Fix vulrablilites when dashboard is exposed to public IP
-Bitcoind RPC is now randomly generated internally and only accessible via dashboard settings
-FutureBit user system password is now updated to dashboard password during initial setup

Feature:
-Option to enable Bitcoin Node to run via TOR network
-Users can directly edit bitcoin.conf via dashboard and edit their own settings (ie ipallow for external wallet connections etc)
-Better error handling and displaying UI faults to user

Fixes:
-UI stat bug cause by old corrupt log files
-Issue causing internal error when both wifi and ethernet interfaces are used
-Additional bug fixes and improvements

You should see a yellow update button on your UI, press this to start the update and wait until either the UI automatically reloads, or refresh your browser once you see your Apollo start mining again.

If you encounter any issues wait at least 15 minutes before you do anything as rebooting or power cycling during an update thats not complete can brick your system. Rebooting should fix any UI issues after the update.

Updated image with new UI as well as updated OS subsystem will be released next week.

Also encountered a small issue where if your Apollo has over 2-3 months of uptime, pulling the new update from git might not work, so if you have a really long uptime reboot your Apollo before starting the update (good practice either way to reboot it before performing updates as that clears memory and caches that could stall the update).
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Thanks for the replies, after a day of pulling my hair out I finally figured out what the problem was - no space after my "," when inputting my DNS parameters; 8.8.4.4,8.8.8.8 does not work (which is what the tutorial shows). No error message pops up when setting this up in Ubuntu so after trying again for the 100th time I changed that up and it worked. I appreciate again the responses.

1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 Smiley
Activity: 11
Merit: 3
Thanks for the replies, after a day of pulling my hair out I finally figured out what the problem was - no space after my "," when inputting my DNS parameters; 8.8.4.4,8.8.8.8 does not work (which is what the tutorial shows). No error message pops up when setting this up in Ubuntu so after trying again for the 100th time I changed that up and it worked. I appreciate again the responses.
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
I've searched the the thread for help on changing the IP address on the machine and can't find what I need. I am following the standard Ubuntu instructions for changing to a static IP address, but after hitting "Apply" and toggling the switch the network settings don't change. Is there something particular about the Apollo setup that is preventing me from changing the IP address?
There shouldn't be anything Apollo-specific, no. For what it's worth, the device is running Armbian, so looking for Armbian-specific instructions may give you better results.
https://www.albertogonzalez.net/how-to-set-a-static-ip-on-armbian/
You may want to look into using your router dashboard to assign static IPs, if it doesn't work through your OS.
I've searched the the thread for help on changing the IP address on the machine and can't find what I need. I am following the standard Ubuntu instructions for changing to a static IP address, but after hitting "Apply" and toggling the switch the network settings don't change. Is there something particular about the Apollo setup that is preventing me from changing the IP address?

I manually assigned a static IP to the Apollo via my router if that helps you any?
Activity: 11
Merit: 3
Is there a beta testing group?

Yes email hello at futurebit dot io and put beta test group in subject to be added to the external beta group. Internal testing is almost complete for next release and well push update to beta group probably later tonight.

Email sent, thank you. Looking forward to testing! Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
I've searched the forum, but couldn't find anything.  Is there any way to allow the miner to be monitored externally?   Something like the -api-allow switch?  If so, where and how is it done?
I would recommend searching using https://ninjastic.space/.

In this case:
https://ninjastic.space/search?content=API&topic_id=5340015

The first hit is your post and the second is one by jstefanop that explains how to access the 'API'.
Thank you.  I was hoping for something a little more straightforward so I could use awesomeminer to monitor the FutureBit as well as my other rigs for one consolidated view.  Maybe in a future release...
After the next release that will go out in the next few days you can port forward 80 and 5000 to your external IP address, and you'll be able to access the dashboard remotely. Latest release has security fixes that made our UI vulnerable to exploits that should be patched up now
Well, that's still not a REST API.. Cheesy Apparently edonaldson want to add the Apollo to their awesomeminer application, which would allow to monitor it in the same user interface as other ASICs.
I believe that would require building a 'proxy' type of service that offers a REST interface and makes use of /opt/apolloapi/backend/apollo-miner/apollo-miner.*.

@jstefanop

Good morning,

On Futurebit Apollo LTC, there is a switch in settings which give access to Api. ("api-allow"). Is there a similar feature on the interface of the Futurebit Apollo BTC?

Thanks in advance.

They use different software, so there's no api-allow option as far as I know in the Apollo BTC.

But if you're interested in reading the data from the miner, you can get that from a text file that gets written in the same folder of where the miner is. After you run the miner, a file with a name like this is created: apollo-miner.4A122E121471674B52383109. If you open it you'll see json encoded data in clear text. The "official" web UI uses that file to present it in a nice way in the browser. You can just read that file and you'll get similar data that the api in Apollo LTC sent.

Yes that file is essentially the Apollo-BTC api. You can just ssh and pull /opt/apolloapi/backend/apollo-miner/apollo-miner.* and parse the json and do what you like with it!
legendary
Is there a beta testing group?

Yes email hello at futurebit dot io and put beta test group in subject to be added to the external beta group. Internal testing is almost complete for next release and well push update to beta group probably later tonight.
legendary
I've searched the forum, but couldn't find anything.  Is there any way to allow the miner to be monitored externally?   Something like the -api-allow switch?  If so, where and how is it done?

In this case:

The first hit is your post and the second is one by jstefanop that explains how to access the 'API'.

Thank you.  I was hoping for something a little more straightforward so I could use awesomeminer to monitor the FutureBit as well as my other rigs for one consolidated view.  Maybe in a future release...

After the next release that will go out in the next few days you can port forward 80 and 5000 to your external IP address, and you'll be able to access the dashboard remotely. Latest release has security fixes that made our UI vulnerable to exploits that should be patched up now
Activity: 14
Merit: 2

In this case:

Pages:
Jump to: