Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 22. (Read 49535 times)

legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
My new Apollo just arrived today.  It literally took me 10 minutes to put it together and have it mining.  Insane!!!

Update:  Some time in the night, the miner just stopped working and now the apollo appears to be dead.

Update 1:  After a little bit of a panic session, I reflashed the SD card and all appears to be well.  Apparently the power went off sometime in the night here and fragged the filesystem enough to forget about the GPIO pins, so the hardware monitor wasn't starting.  Also added it to the UPS.

Yea SD cards dont like hard shutdowns. Always turn off the miner through the shutdown interface. This will be especially important with the Full Node update coming out soon.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Digital Currency fanatic
My new Apollo just arrived today.  It literally took me 10 minutes to put it together and have it mining.  Insane!!!

Update:  Some time in the night, the miner just stopped working and now the apollo appears to be dead.

Update 1:  After a little bit of a panic session, I reflashed the SD card and all appears to be well.  Apparently the power went off sometime in the night here and fragged the filesystem enough to forget about the GPIO pins, so the hardware monitor wasn't starting.  Also added it to the UPS.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
Hi,

i'm mining on more than one pool whitout any issue.

Update on 3 June: Avoid this pool. If you lucky  you are paid, if there's one issue noone give you answer and you don't receive payments.

Try in this way:

url: scrypt.mine.zergpool.com:3433/#xnsub#skipcbcheck
username: yourcoinaddress
pass: c=LTC,sd=4096,m=party.Apollo <<----- change according to your preference

Disable all the other pool, enable only this one and leave it alone.

Start the miner (in my case more than once ) and it work.

Regards

I just tried my apollo on the coinfoundry DGB pool and it wouldn't connect either.  Maybe there is some kind of incompatibility with that pool and the apollo?

It will mine other coins besides LTC though.  Mine works fine on zergpool and this DGB solo pool.

ok yea i tried tossing a few L3+ at it and they work for a bit then report it dead and fail over as well. I also notice that the pool is reporting the wrong value for dgb - its nearly double the actual value so maybe something is wrong with the pool itself as well.

edit: after looking around coin foundry, it is reporting wrong values for a lot of the coins. I also notice that when you look at pool stats - for example on dgb it says pool hash rate is 8 gh/s yet they also show their top miner as having 34 gh on the pool at the same time.

their stats and reporting are way off. wouldnt trust them for anything right about now. I will look at the pools you suggested - thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I just tried my apollo on the coinfoundry DGB pool and it wouldn't connect either.  Maybe there is some kind of incompatibility with that pool and the apollo?

It will mine other coins besides LTC though.  Mine works fine on zergpool and this DGB solo pool.

ok yea i tried tossing a few L3+ at it and they work for a bit then report it dead and fail over as well. I also notice that the pool is reporting the wrong value for dgb - its nearly double the actual value so maybe something is wrong with the pool itself as well.

edit: after looking around coin foundry, it is reporting wrong values for a lot of the coins. I also notice that when you look at pool stats - for example on dgb it says pool hash rate is 8 gh/s yet they also show their top miner as having 34 gh on the pool at the same time.

their stats and reporting are way off. wouldnt trust them for anything right about now. I will look at the pools you suggested - thanks.
Bez
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I just tried my apollo on the coinfoundry DGB pool and it wouldn't connect either.  Maybe there is some kind of incompatibility with that pool and the apollo?

It will mine other coins besides LTC though.  Mine works fine on zergpool and this DGB solo pool.
legendary
question - is this supposed to mine only LTC? anytime I try a pool that does other scrypt coins, it never works.

An example, is coinfoundry.org has two scrypt coins, LTC and DGB - I can mine LTC there fine but not DGB at all. I have tried to mine DGB there with my L3+ and have no issues, only the Apollo will not mine anything but LTC it seems.
legendary
where can I get the node version of the the apollo miner ?

It has not been released publicly yet, everyone will get an email and ill post here when the final image is released.
Activity: 1
where can I get the node version of the the apollo miner ?

legendary
Ah, ok ... now I'm little bit confused.

So what exactly means (copy from LitecoinPool Help) ?
"If your mining software supports Stratum over SSL/TLS, you can connect to port 3443 (instead of 3333) to obtain a secure encrypted connection."

"stratum+tcp" on port 3443 is secure and on port 3333 not?

On google I found a lot of info about "stratum+ssl" and "stratum+tls". But if it is not supported, how can to do it?

I can connect the Apollo miners to the company network but it is firewalled and has ssl inspection. So not recommended.
I can connect the Apollo miners to the open campus wlan. So even not recommended.

Any hints to do it with Apollo and bfgminer ?

bfgminer does not support any type of secure stratum that I am aware off. Why do you need the security for? There is nothing compromising transmitted by the miner to the pools other than share and work packets. If you want to "hide" that your are mining then you can do it via a secure VPN proxy, which is why that option is there.
Activity: 2
Ah, ok ... now I'm little bit confused.

So what exactly means (copy from LitecoinPool Help) ?
"If your mining software supports Stratum over SSL/TLS, you can connect to port 3443 (instead of 3333) to obtain a secure encrypted connection."

"stratum+tcp" on port 3443 is secure and on port 3333 not?

On google I found a lot of info about "stratum+ssl" and "stratum+tls". But if it is not supported, how can to do it?

I can connect the Apollo miners to the company network but it is firewalled and has ssl inspection. So not recommended.
I can connect the Apollo miners to the open campus wlan. So even not recommended.

Any hints to do it with Apollo and bfgminer ?

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Activity: 2
Hello,

last week I received the Apollo miners and everything works out-of-the box.
My friends and colleagues at work are impressed, so we plan to make an omnibus order in the next weeks to reduce delivery coasts for Germany.
The European reseller is sold-out.

One questions we have: Is stratum over tls supported?

I tried "stratum+tls" and "stratum+ssl" on litecoinpool port 3443., but only "stratum+tcp" works.
Any hints are welcome.

Thanks and best regards.
legendary
Since some of us have updated our apollo to ltc nodes the node counts hasn't gone up much.  Not sure if site is bugged or our nodes are not synced to the network yet?

https://blockchair.com/litecoin/nodes

Anyone notice this?  Both of my miners have the node update.  

Apollo nodes will only show up on the network if you have port 9333 open and incoming connections can connect to your node. The node has UPnP support built in, but might not work with all routers. You can check by your network connections count (command to check was sent in beta email), if its 8 then your port is not open, if its more than 8 you should be good. Otherwise you need to manual open port 9333 on your router and point it to your Apollos IP address in port forwarding rules in router settings.

BTW please keep node discussions in beta email until the update is publicly released.
legendary
Since some of us have updated our apollo to ltc nodes the node counts hasn't gone up much.  Not sure if site is bugged or our nodes are not synced to the network yet?

Anyone notice this?  Both of my miners have the node update. 

mine does as well.
Activity: 40
Since some of us have updated our apollo to ltc nodes the node counts hasn't gone up much.  Not sure if site is bugged or our nodes are not synced to the network yet?

Anyone notice this?  Both of my miners have the node update. 
Activity: 3
Hi together

One of my Apollo (batch2) has some issues atm. I let them (2 pc.) run in turbo mode for about 30 days. Now one of them keeps crashing after like a few hours. The other ones continues to run without issues. Only thhing what i could see was that memory (Ram) consumption gets higher and higher. (But i am not sure if this is the reason.) Any hint what i could do, a) to find out the reason and b) to fix it.

Any help very appreciated

Does this only happen in turbo mode? Have you tried re-imaging the SD card?

yes, so far yes. now i went into eco mode on this one, and it runs since then flawless. if you think re-imaging the SD card can help, i can try this.
legendary
Hi together

One of my Apollo (batch2) has some issues atm. I let them (2 pc.) run in turbo mode for about 30 days. Now one of them keeps crashing after like a few hours. The other ones continues to run without issues. Only thhing what i could see was that memory (Ram) consumption gets higher and higher. (But i am not sure if this is the reason.) Any hint what i could do, a) to find out the reason and b) to fix it.

Does this only happen in turbo mode? Have you tried re-imaging the SD card?
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
I got an email if the guy is legit the email should go jstefanop

the maker of Apollo  scrypt asic miner not me

"Feb 17 at 4:58 AM

C......... R......
To: phil........@ yahoo . com
Hello,
My name is C....... R...... and im ceo of a Norwegian tech company (L.......).
Im D...... on bitcointalk.
Our company L....... has designed a new scrypt asic that beats all other scrypt machines on the marked.
I really like your Apollo desktop miner and your vision for home miners and implemented node.

We do not want to produce unlimited miners and destroy the marked (like bitmain does).
Our SHA-engine is BAD ASS and we can use that in our next design for sha256.

I dont know what is your future plans is..
Your Apollo miner is so great and you have put so much work into that,that we dont want to go after that marked..
Maybe we can work together.. our chip in your Apollo.

FusionSiliconX6
Power Consumption 1073 W
Hashrate 0.860 GH/s
Performance Proxy Gh/s/W 0.8

Bitmain L5
Power Consumption 1473 W
Hashrate 1.425Gh/s
Performance proxy Gh/s/W 1.03

Innosilicon A6+
Power Consumption 2100w
Hashrate 2.2 Gh/s
Performance Proxy Gh/s/W 1.05

L.......
Power Consumption 1300w
Hashrate 4.12Gh/s
 Performance Proxy Gh/s/W 3.17

Best Regards
C....... R......
aka D........

He claim a 3x more efficient chip.  So I posted a redacted version here.

I sent full version to your pm

Best regards Phil
Activity: 3
Hi together

legendary
Need a few more beta testers for the full node update. If you have a batch 2 unit and have basic terminal skills (ie can ssh into the machine and run basic commands), dm me your email address!
Pages:
Jump to: