Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 24. (Read 49535 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Thanks for the update, good to hear that it's close. Do you still need help testing this out?
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Yeah, one buying point for me when I bought this, was to use it also as a full node.

Had to pause testing on this during the holidays. Focus for this year is going to be software, and getting the full node running smoothly is #1 priority for the next few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Yeah, one buying point for me when I bought this, was to use it also as a full node.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
Any updates from the people testing out the Full Node, How is it working out.

I second this. I would love to have a full node.
Activity: 55
Merit: 2
Any updates from the people testing out the Full Node, How is it working out.
I apologize if this has been covered in the forum but is there a method to reset the password? Do you have to rewrite the image file and start fresh?
I think u have to start fresh and re-flash ,have not seen a option to
Change it....

Anyone.....
Activity: 1
I apologize if this has been covered in the forum but is there a method to reset the password? Do you have to rewrite the image file and start fresh?
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
Thanks. Changes added  Smiley

Yes, Windows 10 has ssh. I need to use "-l futurebit" for login name after "ssh IP".

Thank you for your feedback.
You are right, I forgot the user part in ssh login, I have added it above.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Thanks. Changes added  Smiley

Yes, Windows 10 has ssh. I need to use "-l futurebit" for login name after "ssh IP".
legendary
精神分析的爸
Regarding SD card lifespan: I started to use fstrim on the rootfs weekly from cron, but it is too early to judge if that has any beneficial effects on SD card reliability in the Apollo.
Will post again, once I have a record of 2-3 months using it.

Quoting myself...
From my limited testing with my 2 Apollos this definitely help to improve stability a lot. Didn't had to restart a single time since I have the below in /etc/crontab:
Code:
5  0 * * 0 root /usr/bin/ionice -c 3 /sbin/fstrim -v / | logger

This fstrims the SD card once a week and logs the outcome to syslog.

I need this...

My Apollo nº 4 hangs (stop mining) randomly every few days (sometimes 1 or 2 days, max it runs about a week). This also happen to my Apollo nº 3, but less frequentely. Good my Apollos nº 1 and nº 2 runs for weeks. I never need to reflash. To "restart" miner is enough to get it running again.

May you give me some instructions about to add fstrim? Sorry, here a Windows user  Sad

Sure, first get rid of Windows! (Nah, just kidding  Wink)

I don't claim this will solve your problems, but it has improved my situation a lot. It shouldn't do any harm but I still recommend you to try it first with only one of your Apollos to see if it works out for you.

If you have Windows 10, I believe ssh should be part of it already, otherwise get yourself Putty.

Open a CMD window and connect to your Apollo where you want to try it out:
Code:
(Replace 192.168.1.101 with the IP of your Apollo in question.

Login as user futurebit with password futurebit and then sudo to root (I didn't manage to get done in one line with sudo):
Code:
sudo su -

Now as root issue the following command (make sure to copy-paste it correctly!):
Code:
echo -e "\n# weekly fstrim\n5 0\t * * 0\troot\t/usr/bin/ionice -c 3 /sbin/fstrim -v / | logger" >> /etc/crontab

Then check if crontab looks like it should by
Code:
cat /etc/crontab

It should like:
# /etc/crontab: system-wide crontab
# Unlike any other crontab you don't have to run the `crontab'
# command to install the new version when you edit this file
# and files in /etc/cron.d. These files also have username fields,
# that none of the other crontabs do.

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# m h dom mon dow user   command
17 *   * * *   root    cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
25 6   * * *   root   test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
47 6   * * 7   root   test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
52 6   1 * *   root   test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )

# weekly fstrim
5 0      * * 0  root    /usr/bin/ionice -c 3 /sbin/fstrim -v / | logger

If all is fine, just logout - no reboot or anyhting needed, fstrim will run next sunday at 5min past midnight.

HTH
Regarding SD card lifespan: I started to use fstrim on the rootfs weekly from cron, but it is too early to judge if that has any beneficial effects on SD card reliability in the Apollo.

Quoting myself...
From my limited testing with my 2 Apollos this definitely help to improve stability a lot. Didn't had to restart a single time since I have the below in /etc/crontab:
Code:
5  0 * * 0 root /usr/bin/ionice -c 3 /sbin/fstrim -v / | logger

I need this...

My Apollo nº 4 hangs (stop mining) randomly every few days (sometimes 1 or 2 days, max it runs about a week). This also happen to my Apollo nº 3, but less frequentely. Good my Apollos nº 1 and nº 2 runs for weeks. I never need to reflash. To "restart" miner is enough to get it running again.

May you give me some instructions about to add fstrim? Sorry, here a Windows user  Sad
legendary
精神分析的爸

Quoting myself...
Code:
5  0 * * 0 root /usr/bin/ionice -c 3 /sbin/fstrim -v / | logger

Thanks for the Infromation

Apollo can be easily undervolted, to gain efficiency. I did not test about overclocking or overvolting, sorry.

This is my current config "Undervolted ECO mode":

Modo 598   MHz   Milivolts   MHs      Fan      HW errors
Apollo 1     598   710,40   100,50   10 %      2,00 %
Apollo 2     598   710,40   100,50   10 %      1,30 %
Apollo 3     598   722,85   100,50   AUTO   1,90 %
Apollo 4     598   710,40   100,50   AUTO   1,60 %
Total w.   387   MH/s total   402,00   Eficiencia   0,9627

And this is the lowest i have tested:

Modo 481   MHz   Milivolts   MHs      Fan      HW errors
Apollo 1     481   664,75   80,96   10 %      1,00 %
Apollo 2     481   660,60   80,60   10 %      0,40 %
Apollo 3     481   689,65   80,89   AUTO   1,00 %
Apollo 4     481   664,75   81,39   AUTO   0,80 %
Total w.   277   MH/s total   323,84   Eficiencia   0,8554      

Thanks for the info
You will need to use CUSTOM mode and change Frec and Milivolts values downside, until you start to get hardware errores. Maximun Hardware errors I admit is 2%.

I am using a Seasonic Titanium Prime PSU. Values "at the wall".

Activity: 16
Checking this out
Apollo can be easily undervolted, to gain efficiency. I did not test about overclocking or overvolting, sorry.

This is my current config "Undervolted ECO mode":

Modo 598   MHz   Milivolts   MHs      Fan      HW errors
Apollo 1     598   710,40   100,50   10 %      2,00 %
Apollo 2     598   710,40   100,50   10 %      1,30 %
Apollo 3     598   722,85   100,50   AUTO   1,90 %
Apollo 4     598   710,40   100,50   AUTO   1,60 %
Total w.   387   MH/s total   402,00   Eficiencia   0,9627

And this is the lowest i have tested:

Modo 481   MHz   Milivolts   MHs      Fan      HW errors
Apollo 1     481   664,75   80,96   10 %      1,00 %
Apollo 2     481   660,60   80,60   10 %      0,40 %
Apollo 3     481   689,65   80,89   AUTO   1,00 %
Apollo 4     481   664,75   81,39   AUTO   0,80 %
Total w.   277   MH/s total   323,84   Eficiencia   0,8554      

You will need to use CUSTOM mode and change Frec and Milivolts values downside, until you start to get hardware errores. Maximun Hardware errors I admit is 2%.

I am using a Seasonic Titanium Prime PSU. Values "at the wall".

legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Just a quick question to everyone in this thread,
Has any one used ...Custom Miner Mode..and made changes that improved mining or performance..

Yes, someone managed .9 watts/MH at the wall, which is better than even I have been able to achieve with my prototype machines.
Just a quick question to everyone in this thread,
Has any one used ...Custom Miner Mode..and made changes that improved mining or performance..
legendary
Futurebit Apollo not coming online:

Hi folks - Having trouble setting up my Apollo. Just received it today and went with the SD and PSU version so I can just plug and play. I did everything as instructed and signed up with litecoinpool using the USwest address. Logged into my router, found the IP, logged in and entered the information. Everything shows offline on the dashboard and when I try and start it it remains offline. Any help would be appreciated!

screenshot of the error? you might have a setting wrong - how do you have the password for the pool entered? simply as x ? if so try p: x

the pool I use requires that I do the p: in front of the password - almost like doing it in cgminer

Im using litecoin pool and copied their address and their username/pw for me. Its simply my dashboard saying "Miner is offline try to start it" with a start button. I click the start button and it just goes back to the same "miner is offline try to start it" screen.

you may need to reflash the sd card with the file again - I had to do it to mine once when my miner was not working. as for the pool - the pw is not your login password - it is the miners pw which by default is either x or 123 or blank for most pools however I have found the Apollo does not allow blank pw
legendary
Futurebit Apollo not coming online:

Hi folks - Having trouble setting up my Apollo. Just received it today and went with the SD and PSU version so I can just plug and play. I did everything as instructed and signed up with litecoinpool using the USwest address. Logged into my router, found the IP, logged in and entered the information. Everything shows offline on the dashboard and when I try and start it it remains offline. Any help would be appreciated!

screenshot of the error? you might have a setting wrong - how do you have the password for the pool entered? simply as x ? if so try p: x

the pool I use requires that I do the p: in front of the password - almost like doing it in cgminer
Activity: 3
Will I be able to run a DigiByte node? So far all the talk has been about LTC. Huge fan of this device and I’m currently using it to mine DGB and would love to run a node as well.

how are u minning DGB coin, and what software u using, or website

This is a Scrypt miner. Digibyte uses 5 Algo and one of them is Scrypt. Join our pool 0% fee to one DGB http://dgbsolo.brutang.work:5025/static/# just point your Apollo to this pool and you will be mining DGB in no time.
Pages:
Jump to: