Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 25. (Read 49535 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 2
Will I be able to run a DigiByte node? So far all the talk has been about LTC. Huge fan of this device and I’m currently using it to mine DGB and would love to run a node as well.

how are u minning DGB coin, and what software u using, or website
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
So what’s the deal with hardware errors exactly? I have one Apollo that’s around 10% while the others are all around .5%...

I’ve tried rebooting it a few times and even re-imaged the card but nothing has worked.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Will I be able to run a DigiByte node? So far all the talk has been about LTC. Huge fan of this device and I’m currently using it to mine DGB and would love to run a node as well.

Sorry, no. Apollo software only support LTC full node.
Activity: 3

A slippery slope? If DGB is supported, doesn't that mean every other altcoin that has a scrypt algorithm can/should be supported?

I would assume so. Which makes me excited!
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Running a full node means you are controlling your own financial future, what is that worth to you?

With stratum v2 around the corner, this will really help individual miners (not pool owners) decide.

A slippery slope? If DGB is supported, doesn't that mean every other altcoin that has a scrypt algorithm can/should be supported?
Activity: 3
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Hi stefanop:

Full node software is a big feature. We can wait a few more weeks.

Think about a christmas present for us

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Full node software is a BIG feature. Can someone please answer:

Does it allow one to find more blocks?

Does it reward more blocks than a litecoin server such as tbdice.org?

Does it save electricity?

What makes having it on the Apollo such a BIG feature???

There is only one reason to run a full node, and everything else is icing on the cake.

Running a full node as you the individual, means YOU are running and participating in the network that controls how Litecoin runs. Right now a large percentage of the nodes are run by large scale miners and exchanges, and they could control how Litecoin is run by simply switching to new node tomorrow.

The whole point of this project is decentralization. Is there any near term "gain" by running a node? No, just like there is no near term gain by mining litecoin if you compare it to fiat.

But being able to run the whole system the controls the network on your desk, and you being able to choose the future direction of this technology when the time comes (and it will come when crypto gains true adaption), is priceless.

Running a full node means you are controlling your own financial future, what is that worth to you?
It is a big feature (for me) because you will be able to run a LTC full node very easy (you will only waste a few more wats).

Full node is not useful for mining (well yes, it allows solo mining), but is very useful to make LTC network stronger.

Only about 1600 LTC nodes now.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Full node software is a BIG feature. Can someone please answer:

Having a full node directly on the miner provides miners with the capability to solo-mine without any additional hardware. Some folks consider this capability a big feature because it provides completely new functionality.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
Hi stefanop:

Think about a christmas present for us

Activity: 4
jstefanop, Have you tried using zRAM to help solve this problem? I've heard it works well in situations where RAM is limited. Here's an example script, https://github.com/novaspirit/rpi_zram
Hi stefanop:

Please consider to release a new software version without full node features. Sure you have a lot of small improvements not released.

Think about a christmas present for us  Wink.
Activity: 95
BTW just realized anyone on Amazon can post a review even if they have not bought it from there. Just listed the Apollo there so if anyone has an Amazon account would appreciate some genuine reviews there (FYI I'm not soliciting 5 star reviews, please post your honest impressions).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YGP1ZGR

Hey, jstefanop
hows the Full Node upgrade going, any updates, how are the testers doing

this ^^^ I had hoped to volunteer to be one of the testers as well

Still trying to figure out the optimal balance between mining efficiently and running the full node without it crashing the unit every few days. If i knew this was going to give me this much trouble I would have used a controller with way more ram.  Undecided

Is it possible to upgrade the ram to help roll out the full node? I'd be willing to help.
legendary
BTW just realized anyone on Amazon can post a review even if they have not bought it from there. Just listed the Apollo there so if anyone has an Amazon account would appreciate some genuine reviews there (FYI I'm not soliciting 5 star reviews, please post your honest impressions).

Hey, jstefanop

Still trying to figure out the optimal balance between mining efficiently and running the full node without it crashing the unit every few days. If i knew this was going to give me this much trouble I would have used a controller with way more ram.  Undecided
legendary
Run into a issue yesterday and can't seem to figure out the problem.

I can't seem to get access to the Dashboard on my desktop. I can get to it on my phone but not my desktop. Now until today it was still mining the litecoinpool just fine, as I never disconnected. But I figured I would try to reflash the image and see if that helped. It did not. I can still access the dashboard from my phone but not view any computer in my house for some reason. Any thoughts?

What kind of error are you getting on your desktop? Since the phone is connecting to the miner then its connected to your network. I'd try clearing the cache on your desktop. Is your desktop also connecting wireless like your phone? Try to open a private session (chrome) and connect. Maybe your anti-virus is blocking you?

Also, if you are using futurebit.local that could be the issue. Most smartphones can route .local hostname, but windows for example can't unless you have installed services that resolve them. You will need to get the local IP address if that's the case for your desktop.

I can't seem to get access to the Dashboard on my desktop. I can get to it on my phone but not my desktop. Now until today it was still mining the litecoinpool just fine, as I never disconnected. But I figured I would try to reflash the image and see if that helped. It did not. I can still access the dashboard from my phone but not view any computer in my house for some reason. Any thoughts?

What kind of error are you getting on your desktop? Since the phone is connecting to the miner then its connected to your network. I'd try clearing the cache on your desktop. Is your desktop also connecting wireless like your phone? Try to open a private session (chrome) and connect. Maybe your anti-virus is blocking you?
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490

Hey, jstefanop

Activity: 55

Hey, jstefanop
Activity: 8

Honest review posted. BTW the negative review posted on the 9th is not mine. Amazon still reviewing I guess.
Pages:
Jump to: