Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 32. (Read 49535 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
How do I post screenshots on here?
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Might be a silly question, but shouldn’t the fan on top of the device be spinning?  On my dashboard it’s reporting temperatures in the mid 60’s and the temperature of the board is in the 40’s but the fan on top isn’t spinning at all.  Set at 40%, 60%, etc, it doesn’t spin.  Should I be concerned?

That does not sound like it’s mining at all. What hash-speed does your dashboard show? If the fan was not spinning it would overheat and shutdown within minutes.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
Might be a silly question, but shouldn’t the fan on top of the device be spinning?  On my dashboard it’s reporting temperatures in the mid 60’s and the temperature of the board is in the 40’s but the fan on top isn’t spinning at all.  Set at 40%, 60%, etc, it doesn’t spin.  Should I be concerned?
Activity: 1
Mine has pretty much been going solid red every 2 days like clockwork. I tried setting the fan to a fixed rate instead of auto to see if that would change anything,  but it's still going red and I have to turn power off and on again to get it going back to normal. Any ideas?
legendary
#1 has been mining for weeks now and it's always blinking green like that. I think you got it the other way around. Miner #2 (red and green blinking) hasnt been producing nothing.

Green steady blinking + random fast red flashes is normal mining mode (the red flashes indicate work has been received by the miner and its producing valid shares). If its only steady green it means miner has started up and is waiting for work from server...this means there is either a pool issue, or a local network issue preventing the miner from receiving work.

Activity: 9
#1 has been mining for weeks now and it's always blinking green like that. I think you got it the other way around. Miner #2 (red and green blinking) hasnt been producing nothing.

Green/Red fast blinking is definitely mining. Green flashing is definitely disconnected.

I could see this happening if you didn't modify the hostname on at least one of the miners.
I was going to set up a solar power panel rig. But my electricity company Subscription is about to expire. Have any of you used gexa energy? They have free nights 8pm to 8am, or free weekend (fri-sunday) at around 11-13 cents per kwH. Good deal to run on turbo mode when it's free? Lol
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
My miner #2 is blinking between green and red rapidly.
This is normal behavior. This Apollo is mining.

Miner #1  is steadily blinking green. What's going on ?
This is not mining. Always green usually means no connection to pool, network problems...
Got the ip address and changed info for work#2. My miner #2 is blinking between green and red rapidly. Miner #1  is steadily blinking green. What's going on ?
Worker #2 is solid red. I made a secondary worker account on litecoinpool.org and linked it on the dashboard. Now I cannot find the IP address to get in the dashboard for worker #2.
I need help adding my second apollo miner onto the dashboard. How do I do this? Everytime I use angry ip scanner then log in it shows my first apollo miner.
Activity: 1
Hi There,

Greetings..!

i am always getting the below error message  in the Apollo Dash board, can someone help here. Thanks!

It seems there is a problem to communicate with the miner, check error message.

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028
Activity: 4
I finally got around to setting up my two Apollo's with wifi and put them in the garage, but noticed that when running them both I had to change the default hostname 'futurebit' of one otherwise it didn't work, like there was a conflict or something. Maybe it would be easier to have the ability to change the hostname from the web interface, I had to ssh into the device from the terminal.
Activity: 55
Merit: 2
great question, i need to know 2. I also have a moonlander that i am not using and would be great if u can connect to apollo
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
Any way of plugging in a Moonlander into the USB port (either directly or through a hub) of the Apollo and have it mine as well?  I have a spare Moonlander 2 and want to see if I can run it through the Apollo running.
legendary
It's been running great for a few days now and then I restarted them again and this time it's just blinking green and i can't get to the web interface. What does blinking green mean? Is there somewhere that tells what the blinking patterns mean?

EDIT: Self Answered.
I found a post that had what the lights mean. Supposedly slow green blink means bfminer is connected but that's not the case. The issue for me was that my router wasn't handing it an ip address because i've had some issues with the DHCP server on it. Once I rebooted the router and then rebooted the Apollo all was fine.

Yes, just plain blinking green means miner has started and is waiting for work from server. This is always some sort of network connectivity issue.
Activity: 7
It's been running great for a few days now and then I restarted them again and this time it's just blinking green and i can't get to the web interface. What does blinking green mean? Is there somewhere that tells what the blinking patterns mean?

EDIT: Self Answered.
I found a post that had what the lights mean. Supposedly slow green blink means bfminer is connected but that's not the case. The issue for me was that my router wasn't handing it an ip address because i've had some issues with the DHCP server on it. Once I rebooted the router and then rebooted the Apollo all was fine.
legendary
Hi,

I notice difference at fan settings from batch 1 to batch 2.

I have 2 Apollo batch 1, they have both the fan fixed at 10%, about 1800 RPM.
I also have 2 Apollo batch 2, both with fans at 20 % about 1500 RPM.

Is this correct? Maybe different fans each batch, maybe a software bug?

Yes Batch 1 fans were 6k RPM fans which were overkill, Batch 2 Fans are 5k RPM which allows them to be even quieter on ECO mode.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Hi,

I notice difference at fan settings from batch 1 to batch 2.

I have 2 Apollo batch 1, they have both the fan fixed at 10%, about 1800 RPM.
I also have 2 Apollo batch 2, both with fans at 20 % about 1500 RPM.

Is this correct? Maybe different fans each batch, maybe a software bug?
Pages:
Jump to: