Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 34. (Read 49535 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi,[img]
My miner stopped mining after a power outage. When I turn back the machine ON I see only red light no blinking green light.
I could not start it from the dashboard. When I click on the start mining button nothing happens.

Something similar for me too. I got the full package with sd card, power supply, etc...

I had it running all last night and moved it to a new place this morning. Booted it up and it is just a red light.

I did ssh into the machine and run bfgminer manually and I get this message:

Code:
[2019-08-16 19:17:04] Started bfgminer 5.5.0-41-gb0cd450bw6000_hashboard_init, board 0 not detected!

I have already re-imaged the sd card, but I get the same result.

Turns out that the new location I moved it too was blocking the pools I was using. Back at the old location working great!
Activity: 20

This is a cool idea. The other thing to do would be to read from the api of the pool - to display hash rate and balance. You could use an ardunino board to do this for $6.

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I spent the last few days figuring out the whole mining thing a bit more.

I think it can definitely be done. And done cheaply. - I think an arduino could work. And the idea of "building a PC" could also be something to work with.

I think the next step I need to do is seriously consider a setup that would look cool, and make a mock version to scale and see how it looks… Because the technical side seems to be way less technical than I thought. And I do think it would be cool. But I should probably make my own thread somewhere.
Your instructions there kind of confused me. So view do I proceed with adding my mining device onto litecoin pool? I tried your instructions and it doesnt add it.

On litecoinpool.org, under my account, you have a spreadsheet of "Workers". You need to add a worker to have it register onto your account. But each worker needs a username and a password.

For example, if your username on Litecoinpool was the same as it is here, LiteLTC, then the start of the username for your "worker" would be "LiteLTC.X". With the X being whatever you decide to name the mining device you're using. And then you must create a password for the device.

You need this information (Username and password) in order to put it into the "pool" section in the Apollo settings.

So next, log into the Apollo dashboard and click on "Pool".

Under URL, you need need the address of the server the pool operates on:

stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333   (Europe)
stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US East Coast)
stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US West Coast)
stratum+tcp://ltcpool5brio2gaj.onion:3333   (Tor hidden service)

Under Username, you put the username you created on litecoinpool.
Then you do the same for the password.
Then click the +, Up Arrow, or save… whatever the button is to save the information for the pool. - After that, you should be able to refresh litecoinpool and see the work thats being done by the "worker".

Let me/someone else know if that helps/doesn't help.

Also, in regards to your question about which server you should use, east or west, I don't think it really matters… I just realized I've been pointed to the Europe server and everything is more or less fine. And I'm also in Texas.
Activity: 12
Your instructions there kind of confused me. So view do I proceed with adding my mining device onto litecoin pool? I tried your instructions and it doesnt add it.
Hi,[img]
My miner stopped mining after a power outage. When I turn back the machine ON I see only red light no blinking green light.
I could not start it from the dashboard. When I click on the start mining button nothing happens.

Something similar for me too. I got the full package with sd card, power supply, etc...

I had it running all last night and moved it to a new place this morning. Booted it up and it is just a red light.

I did ssh into the machine and run bfgminer manually and I get this message:

Code:
[2019-08-16 19:17:04] Started bfgminer 5.5.0-41-gb0cd450bw6000_hashboard_init, board 0 not detected!

I have already re-imaged the sd card, but I get the same result.
Hey guys I'm new to mining. My batch 2 just arrived and I setup the rig. It has a green light and seems to be mining away. I went to litecoinpool.com and made an account but I don't think i linked it right. Can anyone give me guidance?
Thanks!
Also I'm from Texas. Which server should i link it to since I'm in the middle of west and east coast?

I had issues with setting up the pool from the setup page before you login. But:

Login,
Go to Pools
Copy and paste the pool into the pool area

On Litecoinpool, add a worker, which ends up being your username.[Blank] and a password you choose. (For example LiteLTC.Apollo1 - Password)

Back in the pool settings, add your new username and password and hit the + button and you should be good to go.
Activity: 12
Hey guys I'm new to mining. My batch 2 just arrived and I setup the rig. It has a green light and seems to be mining away. I went to litecoinpool.com and made an account but I don't think i linked it right. Can anyone give me guidance?
Thanks!
Also I'm from Texas. Which server should i link it to since I'm in the middle of west and east coast?
Activity: 1
Hi,[img]
Activity: 344
Merit: 251
I purchased the miner, power supply and sd card. Plug -n- play. Simple. Thank You Future Bit.
Received my miner 8/5/19. Even though USPS beat the box up pretty bad and tape holding box closed was broken all was well inside. Set up and running in less than 30 min. Eco mode runs .5 HW errors. Balanced mode runs between 1.7 and 2.2 HW errors.
Would really like to experiment with custom mode ,but not knowing baseline voltage and frequency setting for balanced mode I am afraid of burning unit up.
Can we get standard values for balanced and turbo mode please?
Overall happy with miner except fact that included power supply will not run it in turbo mode.

FYI the power supply CAN run it in turbo, but due to regulatory requirements for the connector we used, we were forced to put that sticker on there. We have tested in in turbo, you just have to be careful and make sure you feel the power cable housing after running it in turbo for an hour or so...in some cases if the pin contacts are not secure the cable can heat up a lot, it should never feel more than warm to the touch.

Yes Sir it CAN and does run in turbo and beyond without getting hot. I understand having to apply the CYA sticker. I ran my Apollo at every frequency in custom mode. Fine tuning voltage with great results.
I am completely satisfied with the Apollo and included psu. Very nice American made machine. Thank you.
So random thought but has anyone tried water cooling these yet? I'm thinking about setting up an external radiator set up for my two at the office. The goal would be to get them to run on turbo very quietly lol.
Activity: 33
Merit: 5

This is a cool idea. The other thing to do would be to read from the api of the pool - to display hash rate and balance. You could use an ardunino board to do this for $6.

What sort of display did you have in mind?

The bfgminer api exposes most of the useful information so I suppose something like attaching an Arduino with a 7-segment display to the USB port and having a script to feed it for example the hashrate from the api could be one simple option. Replace that 7-segment display with some commonly used small OLED and you could fit a little bit more info there. Replace the Arduino with a ESP8266 or ESP32 and it could read the bfgminer api by itself without needing to be attached to the USB port.
I’m not sure what sort of display. I’m researching different options now. - But I’m wanting something small, probably around 4x6 inches or so. But I believe ideally, I’m wanting to display the command line process?

Not for any functional reason. But rather last night I had an idea to make sort of an art piece out of an Apollo. And I think displaying the code/hashing on a external display a requirement to make it worth exploring this little side project further.

If it had been a small status / monitoring display you were looking for then https://github.com/Qrome/printer-monitor is probably the closest that comes to mind that could be made Apollo compatible with some code changes (new output layout + bfgminer json parsing instead of octoprint json).

If with command line process you refer to the bfgminer console output then one possibility could be to modify the startup parameters a little bit and make it use a log file. Then you'd need some process to read that log and dump it to some display. As there's only a USB port available, you'd either need some USB->VGA converter (DisplayLink may be supported enough) + a small VGA display. Most likely the cheaper option would be to have an Arduino connected to the USB which would then become visible as a serial port. With some scripting, it would be possible to dump new lines from the log file to the serial port which would the be read by the Arduino and shown on some supported display (https://www.buydisplay.com/default/9-inch-arduino-touch-screen-shield-ssd1963-library-for-mega-due for example, the largest I could find). With the Arduino, you'd have full control on how to output the input text and that way make it as artistic as you'd want/can.

I haven't actually gotten my Apollos yet. They currently are scheduled for delivery next week. But I just went and looked around, and I think that the console output by bfgminer is exactly what I'm looking for. I found this sample output from their thread:

Sample output:
Code:
 bfgminer version 5.5.0 - Started: [2014-06-10 20:13:01] - [  0 days 06:15:32]
 [M]anage devices [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options  [H]elp [Q]uit
 Pool 0: ...ning.eligius.st  Diff:128  +Strtm  LU:[02:28:32]  User:1QATWksNFGeUJCWBrN4g6hGM178Lovm7Wh
 Block #305190: ...6e8ba4d9  Diff:11.8G (84.16P)  Started: [02:07:22]  I:1.04mBTC/hr
 ST:156  F:0  NB:31  AS:0  BW:[269/ 12 B/s]  E:1127.28  BS:21.8M
 5/24   63.0C | 94.10/98.68/95.60Gh/s | A:1974 R:2+2(.20%) HW:5729/2.6%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 BFL 0: 54.0C |  8.11/ 8.10/ 7.65Gh/s | A:  62 R:1+2(4.6%) HW: 273/1.3%
 HBR 0: 63.0C | 22.91/22.85/21.55Gh/s | A: 208 R:0+0(none) HW:3022/5.4%
 TBF 0: 28.0C |  5.13/ 5.10/ 4.89Gh/s | A:  49 R:0+0(none) HW: 331/4.5%
 PXY 0:       | 27.85/30.23/29.84Gh/s | A: 358 R:1+0(.28%) HW: 450/1.0%
 RKM 0: 40.0C | 30.10/32.40/31.67Gh/s | A:1297 R:0+0(none) HW:1653/.92%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [2014-06-11 02:28:10] Accepted 00c819ef HBR 0d Diff 327/255
 [2014-06-10 02:28:13] Accepted 012058dd PXY 0  Diff 227/128
 [2014-06-11 02:28:15] Accepted 01778be1 RKM 0b Diff 174/128

I think if I could somehow display that as it happened, that would be perfect. Especially if it can be easily done. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I'm not the most technically savvy person there is.

But really, my goal with this display isn't anything more than to show "the process" of mining. - When the average person hears of "crypto mining" and sees a miner, they just think its a thing that takes up a lot of space, makes heat, and wastes electricity. And I figure if there's a way of showing "what" the miner is doing, maybe they'll realize about the whole decentralization thing.

(Also, I just haven't seen any good art influenced by crypto. So I figured why not make it myself)
thanks for great product jstefanop. received Apollo last week with easy 123 setup. Joined the zerg apollo block party! 🔲🎉
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397

"
New problem… I clicked "shutdown" on the initial Apollo that popped up on futurebit.local, and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Because I don't know its IP Address...
"

You need turn it off wait 10s turn it on and will start mining.

Thank you thank you.

I tried that and it didn't work, so I just reimaged the card.

FutureBit.local is really only for people running one machine (the vast majority). If your running multiple just scan your network and write a list of IP addresses associated with each miner. That is way easier.

"
New problem… I clicked "shutdown" on the initial Apollo that popped up on futurebit.local, and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Because I don't know its IP Address...
"

Thank you thank you.

I tried that and it didn't work, so I just reimaged the card.
Activity: 47
Merit: 2

"
"

So uh… How do you setup multiple miners? I can't figure out how to add any from the dashboard.

Ok Never mind. I figured it out. My router was having issues and I had to restart it.

Figured it out. The common fix for any issues in this thread has been to reimagine the SD, so that's what I did and was able to get it back online!
legendary
MY device made it to the UK in perfect condition, batch 2 case is spot on, batch2 wifi seems to work a lot better than the batch1 miner.

Very pleased with it and looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.

Thanks!
Activity: 16
MY device made it to the UK in perfect condition, batch 2 case is spot on, batch2 wifi seems to work a lot better than the batch1 miner.

Very pleased with it and looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.
legendary
Received my miner 8/5/19. Even though USPS beat the box up pretty bad and tape holding box closed was broken all was well inside. Set up and running in less than 30 min. Eco mode runs .5 HW errors. Balanced mode runs between 1.7 and 2.2 HW errors.
Would really like to experiment with custom mode ,but not knowing baseline voltage and frequency setting for balanced mode I am afraid of burning unit up.
Can we get standard values for balanced and turbo mode please?
Overall happy with miner except fact that included power supply will not run it in turbo mode.

FYI the power supply CAN run it in turbo, but due to regulatory requirements for the connector we used, we were forced to put that sticker on there. We have tested in in turbo, you just have to be careful and make sure you feel the power cable housing after running it in turbo for an hour or so...in some cases if the pin contacts are not secure the cable can heat up a lot, it should never feel more than warm to the touch.
Pages:
Jump to: