Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 29. (Read 49535 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi Stefanop,

I've mining steadily for a while now, no probs here but I thought why not make my miner web interface available externally (password enabled).
The thing is, if I enable a port forward to my Apollo and try to access the (already configured and running) Apollo it shows the setup wizard again.
Obviously not what I want, since its already running and also I don't want anybody else to really set it up again ;-)
Is this something that is just not supported, it seems to be using some detection for triggering the setup wizard?

Thanks!
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
First version of full node is running...got a bit sidetracked with Litecoin Summit stuff happening next week, so should have a release out be the week after.

https://twitter.com/JStefanop1/status/1186794067541315584?s=20

If anyone is in Las Vegas this weekend/next week stop by and say hi!

nice! looking forward to the update!

Exactly why would I want to run a full node over a pool? I've been running several Apollos at a pool and I make fractional LTC daily yet never hit a block.

[1] If I run a full node does that increase my odds of finding a block?

[2] If I'm running a full node would I get paid any fractional coin for all my crunching?

[3] If I have 1 Apollo running a full node would I be able to point my other Apollos to that one full node Apollo on a local network?
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
Please jstefanop, try to add an IDLE mode, with less possible power needed, for (offline) Internet failures.

Last weekend my Apollos were working "full speed" 28 hours, without Internet connection  Cry.

My GPU rigs stops GPU mining until pool online again, and saves 75% (a lot of) electricity. We need this for Apollos  Lips sealed.

yes this is on the to-do list. I should have a small release out with a lot of these bug fixes soon, before the big full node update.

When is the full node software expected to launch.....
Or when is the Bug fix update going to be launched so we can test drive it Wink

First version of full node is running...got a bit sidetracked with Litecoin Summit stuff happening next week, so should have a release out be the week after.

nice! looking forward to the update!
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Please jstefanop, try to add an IDLE mode, with less possible power needed, for (offline) Internet failures.

Last weekend my Apollos were working "full speed" 28 hours, without Internet connection  Cry.

My GPU rigs stops GPU mining until pool online again, and saves 75% (a lot of) electricity. We need this for Apollos  Lips sealed.

yes this is on the to-do list. I should have a small release out with a lot of these bug fixes soon, before the big full node update.

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

legendary

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

legendary
When it wants you to save and restart after changing auto settings I get a spinning wheel for about 30 sec then I get miner is offline message. Red light consistently stays on. Doesn't look like it actually reboots.

Do you have Batch 1 or 2? When its doing this is the fan spinning at a constant speed or starting/stoping?

Batch 2. Fan comes on for 1 second when powering up then off after that. Network info on dash says I'm connected.

Sounds like corrupt SD card when you try and save settings. Try re-flashing the SD card or using a different one.
Activity: 7
When it wants you to save and restart after changing auto settings I get a spinning wheel for about 30 sec then I get miner is offline message. Red light consistently stays on. Doesn't look like it actually reboots.

Do you have Batch 1 or 2? When its doing this is the fan spinning at a constant speed or starting/stoping?

Batch 2. Fan comes on for 1 second when powering up then off after that. Network info on dash says I'm connected.
legendary
Quote from: jstefanop
Yes Batch 1 fans were 6k RPM fans which were overkill, Batch 2 Fans are 5k RPM which allows them to be even quieter on ECO mode.

Hi Jstefanop, do you have ref/brand for batch 2 fan? is it possible to install it in batch 1? thanks

No its a custom made fan.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Quote from: jstefanop
Yes Batch 1 fans were 6k RPM fans which were overkill, Batch 2 Fans are 5k RPM which allows them to be even quieter on ECO mode.

Hi Jstefanop, do you have ref/brand for batch 2 fan? is it possible to install it in batch 1? thanks
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
so my internet went out last night for about an hour, I was sitting at my desk when it occurred. So, I shut off the Apollo. When power came back on, I turned the Apollo on and though I can get to the UI and log into the miner, it will not run. It stays at "offline" I have restarted by using the restart option in the UI and by using the switch on the PSU - it will not start up. I removed the SD card and reinserted it (has worked in the past to get it up and running)

Is there a log we can look at to see what the error is? Is there a way to check the SD card to see if it is now corrupted?

update: I found the instructions for flashing the SD card here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-futurebit-apollo-ltc-image-and-support-thread-5081750

Followed them to a T and am glad to say the miner is back up and hashing away!

2nd update: that was short lived, it hashed for about 2 mins then went back to "offline" and solid red light. Sad

on second reboot, its hashing but to the donation address and it will not let me change the pool info - the pool page wont load.

ahhh - found the issue. It was because I was already in the UI - once I closed the page and re-opened it, the UI prompted me to do the initial setup

so glad to report - it is back up and hashing away!
legendary
It means either you router is not providing an internet connection, or you have put your pool info wrong and its not connecting. Double check your pool info and/or try a different pool to rule out any pool issues.
Activity: 4
my miner is acting funny. not mining.
started from scratch, new sd card, new image, new etch.
it loads up, see it on the dashboard, starts mining then goes offline within 10 seconds
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
Error: ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4020
thoughts?

Do you see a Red LED when it does this?

I do yes. It seems to be in a cycle of restarting.

When it boots go set the fan speed manually to around 25% and see if it stops.

I've turned the donation on and also turned fan to 25%.
Still cycling on and off.
connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028
with this error.

I've been having the same problem for around a week. Miner was working for approx. 5 months without any problems. I can pull up the dashboard but when I try to start the miner it gives me the message 'Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028'
Miner being shown as ONLINE and temperature is being shown. I have changed / replaced the SD card and set the fan speed to 25%. This has not changed anything. The YELLOW light is constantly flashing on the miner.......

Can anyone give me some help here? MAybe somebody from Futurebit themeselves have some ideas??? Seems a shame that the miner only lasted 5 months (on ECO setting) not overclocked!

Thats a network issue/pool issue...did you move the Apollo or change something on your network?

No I havent moved or altered anything for the past many months. The miner is connected with a LAN cable direkt to my router as it always has been. I have never used the WIFI option. Network is good. The miner does not start anymore and flashes yellow. What can I do? What does the yellow light mean?
Activity: 6
I have a problem with the miner, once connected the control dashboard page opens but the miner is always offline even trying start and reboot does not start after 30 seconds of the process always returns to the start screen, the led is always red, never used in overclock always in standard mode
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
Lol just found after nearly 9 Month after i get my Miner the Raw Stats button  Cheesy
There are some nice statistics and infos .
Also i have to say that the miner works awesome since i got it and i never got any trouble or issues with it !

Nice work jstefanop , awesome !
legendary
it loads up, see it on the dashboard, starts mining then goes offline within 10 seconds
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

with this error.

I've been having the same problem for around a week. Miner was working for approx. 5 months without any problems. I can pull up the dashboard but when I try to start the miner it gives me the message 'Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028'
Miner being shown as ONLINE and temperature is being shown. I have changed / replaced the SD card and set the fan speed to 25%. This has not changed anything. The YELLOW light is constantly flashing on the miner.......

Can anyone give me some help here? MAybe somebody from Futurebit themeselves have some ideas??? Seems a shame that the miner only lasted 5 months (on ECO setting) not overclocked!

Thats a network issue/pool issue...did you move the Apollo or change something on your network?
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

with this error.

legendary

Confused - Please clarify!

On the FutureBit news there is this post:

RT @david_senate: 💥 Look what I got in the mail this morning a #FutureBit #Apollo. This badass boy will mine #DigiByte soon.

I've checked and DigiByte uses a non-Scrypt algorithm: "The new mining algorithm called ‘Odocrypt’ will be ASIC resistant because it changes every 10 days."

So how would a Apollo be able to mine a non-Scrypt currency?
Digibyte uses multiple algorithms
Pages:
Jump to: