Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 31. (Read 49535 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I shut my Apollo off via the switch on the psu - so that I could get an accurate dB reading on my R606. Approx. 10 mins later I turn the Apollo back on, and it starts up but then just goes with a steady red light and I cannot remote into it.

Before this, it was running flawlessly.

nvm - I removed the SD card and reinserted it and now miner is back to mining as normal.  false alarm.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Where can I find a list of scrypt coins that the futurebit can mine?

I use prohashing, nice list of coins you direct your hashes paid to.  Stable and minimum payouts are low.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
how is zpool working out for you? Payout limit seems quite high - should I give it a go?

Well it’s slow, but most auto converting pools have a pretty high payout threshold.  For 0.0025 BTC it’s going to take around 140+ days or so.  I’m going into it with the thoughts that I’ll reach payout once every 180 days, any sooner and it’s a bonus.  Received my unit on 8/29, I’m 8% to payout after about 14 days of mining (took a break for a few days to mine LTC on litecoinpool).  I would say on average it’s about $0.15 a day at current prices give or take whether getting LTC on litecoinpool or converting to BTC on one of the auto converting pools.
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
how is zpool working out for you? Payout limit seems quite high - should I give it a go?

Pretty much all of them.  I have one on zpool with auto swapping to BTC and there’s dozens of coins that it mines that I’ve never heard of. 
Activity: 12
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Have mine up and humming away on zpool auto swapping to bTC with the include PSU.  Any risk of getting another unit and powering both with my mining rig PSU (it’s a 1600W evga).  That way I think I can reuse the smaller PSU for a future blackminer mini. 

Also should I be pulling in power to both connections or just the one on the right?

No problem running multiple on a PSU as long as it can handle it, unless your are running our Apollo PSU, you should always connect both power ports with an ATX PSU.
Have mine up and humming away on zpool auto swapping to bTC with the include PSU.  Any risk of getting another unit and powering both with my mining rig PSU (it’s a 1600W evga).  That way I think I can reuse the smaller PSU for a future blackminer mini. 

Also should I be pulling in power to both connections or just the one on the right?
legendary
I burned a new SD and still can't get anything to work.  Can boot into dashboard and still can't mine anything.  

Can i connect to the apollo miner using BFGminer or something to see whats going on?

Sounds like either your pool setup is incorrect, or your router is not providing a WAN connection to your device. What is the font LED doing after it starts up?

Thats weird if not having wan connections cuz i never set anything up first time around.   here are some screen shots

Also the light blinks yellow

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoELyG7lOD4Vlg1U3w6kbKeldxI2?e=jZguOX

Yea yellow blinking usually means it can't get an internet connection, but your pools seem alive so that might not be the issue. Shoot me a PM and well check it further.
Activity: 40
I burned a new SD and still can't get anything to work.  Can boot into dashboard and still can't mine anything.  

Can i connect to the apollo miner using BFGminer or something to see whats going on?

Sounds like either your pool setup is incorrect, or your router is not providing a WAN connection to your device. What is the font LED doing after it starts up?

Thats weird if not having wan connections cuz i never set anything up first time around.   here are some screen shots

Also the light blinks yellow

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoELyG7lOD4Vlg1U3w6kbKeldxI2?e=jZguOX
legendary
Also looking forward to the full node update. Will this have the ability to easily enable solo mining straight from the dashboard? Also would be nice to have optional tor integration for added privacy.

Started focusing on software again this month...hoping to have a full node setup testable by end of the month Smiley And yes, once a full node is installed it should be pretty easy to setup solo-mining, not sure if it will be read for the full node release though.
legendary
I burned a new SD and still can't get anything to work.  Can boot into dashboard and still can't mine anything. 

Activity: 4
Also looking forward to the full node update. Will this have the ability to easily enable solo mining straight from the dashboard? Also would be nice to have optional tor integration for added privacy.
I burned a new SD and still can't get anything to work.  Can boot into dashboard and still can't mine anything. 

Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Any news for software update? Really excited with new features (full node, wallet, better pool setup). Yum  Grin
I have restarted my miner and now i'm getting really high HW errors.  Doesn't seem normal as before I was getting the opposite from accept  vs HW error.  about 5-6% HW error.

Everything is in auto mode and have rebooted.  Same thing.   How can i fix this?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoELyG7lOD4VlgKj-PRkzS3sCco-?e=zsvEC5

16 min run time is not long enough to get a good sense of what's is going on...sometimes these spit out a lot of errors when they are started it so initial error might be higher. Id check it after an hour to get a good average.

Well i ended up reformatting card and installing OS again.  Now I can't get it to mine, i can get into dashboard but wont start.  Keeps saying, "miner is offline press start it"  I have tried rebooting, unplugging and still won't start mining.   
legendary
I have restarted my miner and now i'm getting really high HW errors.  Doesn't seem normal as before I was getting the opposite from accept  vs HW error.  about 5-6% HW error.

Everything is in auto mode and have rebooted.  Same thing.   How can i fix this?

16 min run time is not long enough to get a good sense of what's is going on...sometimes these spit out a lot of errors when they are started it so initial error might be higher. Id check it after an hour to get a good average.
Will try that tonight when i get  home. 

Thanks for the tip.
Activity: 55
Merit: 2

Try redoing the SD Card, fixes 90 percent of the problems

Pages:
Jump to: