Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 37. (Read 49535 times)

legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
I received the PSU the other day and went to check on it after a few days of being used.  The PSU is warm which is normal but the cable from PSU to the miner is warm too.    i would say just 1/4 of length from PSU to miner is warm.  I'm not sure if the cable is supposed to  be warm?   

When i had my other PSU plugged in the cable wasn't warm.  So just want to double check on this.

Thats fine, that's just residual heat from the PCB being dumped back into the copper cables. You only have to worry if the black housing on the 6 Pin connector or the cables near it is super hot...this means some sort of bad electrical connection, and you should shutdown, unplug, and replug the connector and make sure its firmly in there.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
my miner is acting funny. not mining.
started from scratch, new sd card, new image, new etch.
it loads up, see it on the dashboard, starts mining then goes offline within 10 seconds
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
Error: ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4020
thoughts?

Do you see a Red LED when it does this?

I do yes. It seems to be in a cycle of restarting.

Activity: 40
I received the PSU the other day and went to check on it after a few days of being used.  The PSU is warm which is normal but the cable from PSU to the miner is warm too.    i would say just 1/4 of length from PSU to miner is warm.  I'm not sure if the cable is supposed to  be warm?   

When i had my other PSU plugged in the cable wasn't warm.  So just want to double check on this.
legendary
it loads up, see it on the dashboard, starts mining then goes offline within 10 seconds
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

Do you see a Red LED when it does this?
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

It's an error in your pool setup.  Are you trying to use a switching pool?  If so, disable the donation pool.
If not, double check your pool setup.
Maybe....
Activity: 5
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?
Activity: 20
Has anyone who ordered an Apollo+PSU on/after the middle of June gotten their shipping notification yet?
legendary
I recd my new PSU - thanks! But, I notice it only has one output plug whereas the Apollo has two plug receptacles. My off-the-shelf PSU had a cable with an extra head on the end and that worked fine. How should I plug in the new PSU to the Apollo unit?

Just plug it into the right port. Remember to never plug another PSU/PSU cable into the spare port, this will either blow up one of the PSUs or cause a fire.
Thanks! That worked. For clarity the "right" port is as viewed from the back. Maybe better noted as the VGA power port nearest the edge of the box?

Yea were working on "official" support docs that will have all this stuff clarified. Its does not really matter which, they are both electricaly connected the same, the right one is just closer to the mosfets.
Activity: 6
I recd my new PSU - thanks! But, I notice it only has one output plug whereas the Apollo has two plug receptacles. My off-the-shelf PSU had a cable with an extra head on the end and that worked fine. How should I plug in the new PSU to the Apollo unit?

Just plug it into the right port. Remember to never plug another PSU/PSU cable into the spare port, this will either blow up one of the PSUs or cause a fire.
Thanks! That worked. For clarity the "right" port is as viewed from the back. Maybe better noted as the VGA power port nearest the edge of the box?
legendary

What? your only supposed to plug in ONE PSU cable?Huh
the quick start guide says to "Plug in both 6 Pin PCIE power cables from your ATX or server power supply"

never mind I think I miss read that...

Yes thats for ATX power supplies. We designed our PSU to run with one cable because it has thicker wires, some ATX supplies come with really thin wires which can overheat them.
legendary
One minor miner issue: The first one I set up was working fine, but as I restarted the 3 units on the same PSU, that first one didn't have the amber LED at startup. Then I set up wifi, and restarted them again. It took a while for the green/red to start blinking. Now that unit has no front LED indication at all. Tried putting it back on wired ethernet, as well as reflashed the SD card for grins, but no change. Otherwise, it appears to be humming along just fine.

Q: Is there a connector that may have come loose, or could this be a harbinger of things to come for the board?

Thanks!

Just throwing this back out there since we're on a new page. Wondering if it is worth opening up.

Thats weird, you could try lifting the controller board a bit out of its socket and re-set it in there and make sure its seated in there well.

If its still not working just shoot me a PM, could just be a bad LED module that need to be replaced.
Activity: 9
One minor miner issue: The first one I set up was working fine, but as I restarted the 3 units on the same PSU, that first one didn't have the amber LED at startup. Then I set up wifi, and restarted them again. It took a while for the green/red to start blinking. Now that unit has no front LED indication at all. Tried putting it back on wired ethernet, as well as reflashed the SD card for grins, but no change. Otherwise, it appears to be humming along just fine.

Q: Is there a connector that may have come loose, or could this be a harbinger of things to come for the board?

Thanks!

Just throwing this back out there since we're on a new page. Wondering if it is worth opening up.
legendary
Is there a way to reset dashboard password on the box or I need to re=flash the image again on SD card?  For some reason my password is not correct even thou i was able to access it before.

Unfortunately no, this is by design. You need to re-image the sd-card if you forget you password.
legendary

Activity: 40
Is there a way to reset dashboard password on the box or I need to re=flash the image again on SD card?  For some reason my password is not correct even thou i was able to access it before.
Activity: 6
legendary
has anyone made any adjustments to the voltage or frequencies and wish to share them?
And also I seem to be getting a lot of HW Errors  is this normal?
I'm fairly new at this so any input will be appreciated

Yes this is normal. The number of hardware errors does not really matter, just keep an eye on the HW % on the top box.  Even the best units won’t have anything less than .5% errors. As long as it’s under 2% your fine.
Activity: 9
Got my batch 2 units on Friday, and have had them all running for over a day now. Really like the new cases, and curious where the wifi ant went. Batch 1 had them flapping in the breeze, so I see it as an improvement. Maybe the metal case facilitated this?

Thanks!
legendary
Hello guys! As with a lot of people here I'm brand new to mining. In fact, the ease of the Apollos is what got me hooked. My question is more pool-related and not hardware related. I am pointed to nicehash as a primary and litecoinpool and a secondary. I find that my equipment fails over to litecoinpool just about daily. Is that normal?  Is that something on the pool side, or should I look at my hardware?

Unfortunately you cant mix multipools with other pools on bfgminer . What happens is that bfgminer accepts block updates from even secondary pools connected to other coins, so it screws up the main pool while mining litecoin for example.

For secondary pools you have to make sure the backup pool is running the same coin your primary pool is running (ie if your running litecoin as your main pool dont have your backup pool connected to a mutipool or some other coin).

If you want to run on a mutlipool it has to be the only pool configured (ie no backup pool, and you have to run off donation pool) for it to work correctly.

I was in this exact same dilemma with my Apollos which I want to run on multipools and have backups configured for failover. I then decided to give https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy a try which does a great job for this purpose.

On a side note: One of my Apollos crashed regulary (every 4-7days) and I suspected it to be related with the pool going down or being unreachable for short moments (and refused to reflash it out of lazyness). Since I run it over the above proxy I've got zero crashes (right now it is a bit more than 4 weeks without any hiccups).

Also I can now just switch between configured pools with a mouse click, no restarts required. The only downside is that you need a separate machine for it (either a little VPS or something like a RPI), I don't think it can or should be run on an Apollo directly.

HTH

It can be run directly on the apollo, I actually thought about doing this for a temporary fix until I have time to fix bfgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
Hello guys! As with a lot of people here I'm brand new to mining. In fact, the ease of the Apollos is what got me hooked. My question is more pool-related and not hardware related. I am pointed to nicehash as a primary and litecoinpool and a secondary. I find that my equipment fails over to litecoinpool just about daily. Is that normal?  Is that something on the pool side, or should I look at my hardware?

Unfortunately you cant mix multipools with other pools on bfgminer . What happens is that bfgminer accepts block updates from even secondary pools connected to other coins, so it screws up the main pool while mining litecoin for example.

For secondary pools you have to make sure the backup pool is running the same coin your primary pool is running (ie if your running litecoin as your main pool dont have your backup pool connected to a mutipool or some other coin).

If you want to run on a mutlipool it has to be the only pool configured (ie no backup pool, and you have to run off donation pool) for it to work correctly.

I was in this exact same dilemma with my Apollos which I want to run on multipools and have backups configured for failover. I then decided to give https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy a try which does a great job for this purpose.

On a side note: One of my Apollos crashed regulary (every 4-7days) and I suspected it to be related with the pool going down or being unreachable for short moments (and refused to reflash it out of lazyness). Since I run it over the above proxy I've got zero crashes (right now it is a bit more than 4 weeks without any hiccups).

Also I can now just switch between configured pools with a mouse click, no restarts required. The only downside is that you need a separate machine for it (either a little VPS or something like a RPI), I don't think it can or should be run on an Apollo directly.

HTH
Pages:
Jump to: