Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 51. (Read 49763 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 1
Just got my Apollo delivered late in the day (USPS) and thought I'd set it up tomorrow. Ok, will take it out of the box and set it on the shelf. Ok, will plug in the power and network and try connecting tomorrow. Nope - went to the browser and entered in the futurebit.local url. Entered my pool stuff and it was churning away. Also set it in "balanced" mode.

Total time from box to mining - 6 minutes at the most. Slick!

What is that wire dangling underneath?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
I read that bfgminer on Apollo is 5.5.

Any chance the rest of us could use it for ML2 on Windows, macOS, Linux? If you have binaries, that'd be awesome... but I could certainly tab a stab at compiling it if the code is available on a public git repo.

Yea ill get around to giving some love to the Moonlanders and update the binaries to latest bfgminer + fixes that I need to get in. I have obviously just had zero time. Please post this stuff in the Moonlander support thread though.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
HI

thanks iot was the different coin stuff.

I have kept donation on... its great kit.

Buddy_hell

Hi

Been working on the Apollo and its a nice job but i have a couple of errors that i cant see fully addressed for my dim mind.

I am trying to run some mining on two pools i can get ML2s running on no issues as long as i use the /#skipcbcheck option.

I run the same pools on apollo then i go inactive after about 2 minutes. System is stable and i am quite happly running up the accepted shares on the donation pool.

I put in the /#skipcbcheck on the two mining pools and hardware errors go through the roof (north of 40%) and we are talking discards in the 3E7 range in a few minutes. At time hash rate will drop to a ML2 level.

take it all off reset and the donation pool runs fine.

Frustrated. Is there a command i can use that will stabilise the units on pools i want to mine? or do i need ot search for pools that surviave the cbcheck?

Thanks
Buddy_hell

If you are running on a mutipool or have failovers for different coins bfgminer is going to go crazy because it only designed for one blockchain at a time.

You need to disable the donation pool, and have no failover pools if you mining anything other than Litecoin.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
I read that bfgminer on Apollo is 5.5.

Any chance the rest of us could use it for ML2 on Windows, macOS, Linux? If you have binaries, that'd be awesome... but I could certainly tab a stab at compiling it if the code is available on a public git repo.
legendary
Hi

Been working on the Apollo and its a nice job but i have a couple of errors that i cant see fully addressed for my dim mind.

I am trying to run some mining on two pools i can get ML2s running on no issues as long as i use the /#skipcbcheck option.

I run the same pools on apollo then i go inactive after about 2 minutes. System is stable and i am quite happly running up the accepted shares on the donation pool.

I put in the /#skipcbcheck on the two mining pools and hardware errors go through the roof (north of 40%) and we are talking discards in the 3E7 range in a few minutes. At time hash rate will drop to a ML2 level.

Frustrated. Is there a command i can use that will stabilise the units on pools i want to mine? or do i need ot search for pools that surviave the cbcheck?

Thanks
Buddy_hell

If you are running on a mutipool or have failovers for different coins bfgminer is going to go crazy because it only designed for one blockchain at a time.

You need to disable the donation pool, and have no failover pools if you mining anything other than Litecoin.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Phil didn't you send the developer of this gear some ltc last year?

Yes he gave the community free software  to reduce watts on the antminer L3+

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36338080

link to this above/.

in fact  I should send him some more ltc for that.

I run 14 L3+  total savings of 1400 watts.

So that is 1.4 x 24 = 33.6 kwatts every day  at 5 cents it is 1.68 a day saved.  For the last 8 or 9 months.

So his generous free gift to the community has saved me   at least 400 usd.

At jstefanop

LTC:  LX5vpxrQE4eLRLPobKwZhw2comkKFCh3p4

is that your LTC address?

I want to send some LTC to it.

I sent about .3555 ltc to you.  I just added more ltc gear and I like your development of both ltc gear and software .
Activity: 15
Hi

Thanks
Buddy_hell
legendary
I solo mine and that is it.

have you hit any blocks yet?

He hit two DOGE blocks so far..

yep still hoping for more than that.
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

He hit two DOGE blocks so far..
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

legendary
The number in the "current hashrate" box appears to still be some sort of all uptime average instead of "right now". The uptime of my unit is now a little over 7 days and today during few hours without external network connectivity I noticed that the front led of the unit had stopped flashing red (as expected). The dashboard was still claiming the hashrate to be over 95 Mh/s when it should have shown a zero. The only thing in the dashboard (apart from the red led not flashing) that pointed to some ongoing issue was the green line below the uptime having turned red and the small "Last share" text telling how long had been from the last share.

Once network connectivity was restored, the red led came on for about 10 seconds until if went back to the normal flashing routine. At least I didn't have to reboot the unit.

Yea hash rate displayed is the pool average, and this is a more realistic number to display than what the hardware is doing, since it takes into account hardware errors, rejected shares, network downtime etc. So it more closes matches to what the pool is showing and the "real world" rate.

I probably should update it to a 24hr moving average though.

Im still trying to figure out the best way to deal with network downtime. Next update will put the miner in idle mode and have a better visual indication that its not getting new work (instead of just the red flashes stopping).
legendary

Yes he gave the community free software  to reduce watts on the antminer L3+

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36338080

link to this above/.

in fact  I should send him some more ltc for that.

I run 14 L3+  total savings of 1400 watts.

So that is 1.4 x 24 = 33.6 kwatts every day  at 5 cents it is 1.68 a day saved.  For the last 8 or 9 months.

So his generous free gift to the community has saved me   at least 400 usd.

At jstefanop

LTC:  LX5vpxrQE4eLRLPobKwZhw2comkKFCh3p4

is that your LTC address?

I want to send some LTC to it.
Activity: 463
Merit: 301
legendary
Downloaded the apollo_image_1-29.img.zip image and on initial boot it went straight into the dashboard like nothing was wrong. I went to disable the donation pool and add my own and then the miner doesn't start. I only get that the api is refused and it never shows a hashrate. If I enable the donation again, it works fine. I would much rather this donation option was removed entirely. if people want to provide charity for a purchased device, then they can manually enter the info. Having it on by default and have issues where it refuses to work without it sounds like theft to me.

Update:

This doesn't look right. I suspect the interface is writing the config wrong.
Code:

{
            "quota": "99;us.litecoinpool.org:3333",
            "user": "USERNAMEHERE",
            "pass": "PASSWORDHERE"
        },
        {
            "quota": "1;stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333",
            "user": "jstefanop.a1",
            "pass": "a1"
        }

okay  you simply filled out your info wrong

wait for me to link a proper config
I don't pay him a dime  I solo mine and that is it.

no donation zip just the solo pool
Activity: 57
Downloaded the apollo_image_1-29.img.zip image and on initial boot it went straight into the dashboard like nothing was wrong. I went to disable the donation pool and add my own and then the miner doesn't start. I only get that the api is refused and it never shows a hashrate. If I enable the donation again, it works fine. I would much rather this donation option was removed entirely. if people want to provide charity for a purchased device, then they can manually enter the info. Having it on by default and have issues where it refuses to work without it sounds like theft to me.

Update:

This doesn't look right. I suspect the interface is writing the config wrong.
Code:

{
            "quota": "99;us.litecoinpool.org:3333",
            "user": "USERNAMEHERE",
            "pass": "PASSWORDHERE"
        },
        {
            "quota": "1;stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333",
            "user": "jstefanop.a1",
            "pass": "a1"
        }
Activity: 5
Same as most other reports here. Upgrade works fine.

Cool temps in balanced mode, 30% fan, been running steady for many days.

The fan sounds a lot better, much more 'solid'

Trouble free mining!
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
The number in the "current hashrate" box appears to still be some sort of all uptime average instead of "right now". The uptime of my unit is now a little over 7 days and today during few hours without external network connectivity I noticed that the front led of the unit had stopped flashing red (as expected). The dashboard was still claiming the hashrate to be over 95 Mh/s when it should have shown a zero. The only thing in the dashboard (apart from the red led not flashing) that pointed to some ongoing issue was the green line below the uptime having turned red and the small "Last share" text telling how long had been from the last share.

Once network connectivity was restored, the red led came on for about 10 seconds until if went back to the normal flashing routine. At least I didn't have to reboot the unit.
legendary
Cool, I got to try the latest firmware today when I get home

Just to check - updating to new firmware process is same as original setup? Format SD, etcher new firmware image, reinsert/restart?

Yep! Unless you want to backup your settings instead of start from scratch. Just use the backup/restore options in the settings panel.
Activity: 357
Merit: 26

Just to check - updating to new firmware process is same as original setup? Format SD, etcher new firmware image, reinsert/restart?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Pages:
Jump to: