Author

Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) - page 233. (Read 495996 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
If you've been following this thread the past few days you'd understand that I am working 14+ hours days, 7 days a week to help.  We are working to scale up to meet demand.  Thanks!  Smiley

I'm sorry your company is understaffed but honestly that is not an acceptable answer to these problems. Your apologies are not putting the money you (bitinstant) GUARANTEED me. All it appears you are doing is responding to people on this forum and placing a ticket in for us. You have not provided me with any update to my ticket so I honestly feel like I am in the same spot i was in before posting here with a simple false sense of security that something is being done. This isn't even the official support location for the bitinstant website. Why am I on this forum and using the bitinstant support / calling does absolutely nothing.

Can you please provide me with more details and the status of my ticket, and answer the question on whether or not you will be providing us the amount of coins owed to us based on the price when we placed the order as opposed to apologizing.
Activity: 5
On the 4/7 list and still no update and no coins?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Support list for 4/8 is NOW CLOSED and will be posted shortly.  Any issues not on this list will need to be added to the list for 4/9.  Going forward I will be closing lists in the afternoon as opposed to the late evening (very early morning).  This helps me get your issues escalated and looked at FASTER!  Thanks guys!
Activity: 8
Order receipt
Quote ID    74c415c4-ddfd-4cd8-9a37-2ed2408fc51f
Event ID    6e31cb2e-df7f-4401-b1dd-2d6cec563aa5
Fees (inclusive)    3.99%%
Amount you paid    $105.0 USD
Amount you will receive    $100.8105 USD
Destination exchange    MtGox

Zip Zap Account #334717899
Paid for this order yesterday and Zip Zap confirmed the payment. Haven't received any updates yet. I emailed the support team a few hours ago and haven't gotten a response either. I'm wondering how long it will takes for the funds to be available. I've used Bitinstant in the past and didn't encounter any problems
legendary
We just received BTC today for the $1500 that we deposited on Apr 02.

So that is resolved.

The problem is that it was executed at a price around ~$190 rather than ~$120 when we first bought it.
That is a big difference. How do we submit a ticket to resolve this? Thanks.

Can you provide me with more info regarding your order?  Smiley

ABSOLUTELY. What specific information do you wish? I gave you the order #'s, the account #'s already, the amounts collected and the dates in the PM. I can repeat all that here. What else is there? Thanks.

You already have your issue logged on the 4/7 list.  I've already informed you of this.  Please take note.  There is no need to open another ticket.  Thanks!  Cheesy
legendary
URSAY,

I was added to the support list for yesterday 4/7. I have not seen any update on the status of my ticket. Can you please provide me one. Outside of you telling me I was added to the list there has been 0 contact from bitinstant. Also you need to remove the words guaranteed from your website. This is anything but guaranteed as it does not sound like your company is honoring the quoted price, because of this I along with many others have lost what could become a very large amount of money.

I am concerned by these reports of older guaranteed orders being filled at the current price.

My large order was place on Saturday at a much lower price.

Are you still honoring that guarantee? If not, I would like a refund as well.

When you receive your order, if you have a problem, we can open another support ticket.  One step at a time.  Thanks!  Cheesy
Activity: 19
We just received BTC today for the $1500 that we deposited on Apr 02.

So that is resolved.

The problem is that it was executed at a price around ~$190 rather than ~$120 when we first bought it.
That is a big difference. How do we submit a ticket to resolve this? Thanks.

Can you provide me with more info regarding your order?  Smiley

ABSOLUTELY. What specific information do you wish? I gave you the order #'s, the account #'s already, the amounts collected and the dates in the PM. I can repeat all that here. What else is there? Thanks.
legendary
If you've been following this thread the past few days you'd understand that I am working 14+ hours days, 7 days a week to help.  We are working to scale up to meet demand.  Thanks!  Smiley

Activity: 8
URSAY,

I was added to the support list for yesterday 4/7. I have not seen any update on the status of my ticket. Can you please provide me one. Outside of you telling me I was added to the list there has been 0 contact from bitinstant. Also you need to remove the words guaranteed from your website. This is anything but guaranteed as it does not sound like your company is honoring the quoted price, because of this I along with many others have lost what could become a very large amount of money.

I am concerned by these reports of older guaranteed orders being filled at the current price.

My large order was place on Saturday at a much lower price.

Are you still honoring that guarantee? If not, I would like a refund as well.
Activity: 12
Hi, I have not received my bitcoins either.
When I purchased they were trading at $133 now it is much higher.
Do you wait for movements to fill orders?

I paid via dwolla.  Please PM me if you need more details.

http://puu.sh/2vqxk

Please copy and paste the actual text of your Quote ID if possible.  Thanks!
[/quote

its not possible because you never sent it to me by email.
i was lucky enough to screencapture this when i sent the money a few days ago.

Can you go thru your browser history and copy the #s?  I do not want to make any mistake when copying them manually!  Thanks!  Cheesy

quote: 3f0f97aa-876a-4a26-af0c-2693aaefbdd5
event: d68bbe44-7f4b-4bdf-900b-c88c7ef10fad
this thread = lesson to potential business owners in handling customer support. do not expand faster than you can keep up with maintaining level of service lest you lose customers.
URSAY,

man
Activity: 28
That would be acceptable if I hadn't provided the info in my original post....,.no?

I appreciate your swamped but....I think if you had a lot of personal funds taken from you with no explanation...you might not be so confrontational!

And why is it that there are so many people with the same problem....Doing a transaction and the money is removed from the source...ie MtGox....so that you have it and then it's tied up for many days with no access except for BitInstants.....who are free to use it for that time
ponzi scheme

New to Bitcoin?  There's a lot to learn!  Please do your research before you suggest such things.  Thanks!  Cheesy

Hey!  I didn't "suggest" anything.  I just asked a question!  The fact that you would impugn my question only furthers my concerns rather than assuage them!

I believe you suggested something about a ponzi scheme?  It doesn't appear to be a question but a statement.  Please be assured that we are working on your issue.  Smiley

You must be new to the forum.... That was someone else's post who merely quoted me! I only asked a question!  Which no one answered by the way!  Does it have something to do with the fact that MtGox will no longer be issuing USD Coupons soon???

Responding to your post 4 minutes after.  Is that fast enough?
no it isn't, seeing as how i emailed you guys over 3 hours ago.

wonderful attitude though. further confirmation you've lost a customer for good

We are working on improving our support channels to meet demand.  Smiley
work harder Smiley

Your money is not lost.  
fantastic. either provide the coins at the value btc had at time of order or refund the dwolla purchase. either is fine with me Smiley
legendary
You guys are making enough money off the interchange (probably what's holding up our funds) and transaction fee to hire a few more CS agents for the live chat and email outreach. It's a new industry and I imagine many people are thankful the service you provide exists, but any customer goodwill dries up instantly when our money vanishes and nobody responds.

Scaling up to meet demand that triples almost overnight does not happen in 1 day.  Smiley

Things my transaction fee should pay for:
you fixing customer problems

Things my transaction fee should not pay for:
you posting snarky replies to users in a support forum

i appreciate the position you guys are in but unless it soaks through that this is not how customer support works, you've lost another customer after this transaction is complete.

I'm not sure how you could consider my post "snarky" when it is a fact.  Just trying to help you guys understand the issues as you request to know what is going on.  Smiley
name: DOUG PARDUE (OUTSTANDING ORDER)
email: [email protected]
hi, I spent nearly $160 using zipzap and bitinstant in order to purchase bitcoins for my blockchain.info address. I completed the purchase at around 5:30pm est and it is now 24 hours later and i have no bitcoins to show for it! This is really troubling considering I need the coins asap. Normally i do not have a problem. Just like other people i received a confirmation from zipzap saying my order was completed successfully but did not receive one from bitinstant.

On top of that you guys have closed all my support tickets without a response and i have not received any coins yet.

I have sent you a pm and received nothing back yet. Also on Facebook you keep saying you need more information

but i sent you all info i have except my btc address.

phone # 6786171480

zipzap order/account #:760496034

amount: $155.00 (including zipzap fee) + $3.95 moneygram fee
legendary
Order ID   9eddbd3f-8a69-488e-8fc1-6efdd282048d
Quote ID   9bd3ad01-f2c5-4d23-b874-4200c747f873
Event ID   b0c82518-fad5-44cf-bcce-6be5a2bbce6d
Fees (inclusive)   1.99%%
Amount you paid   $500.0 USD
Amount you will receive   $490.05 USD
Delivery Deadline   Mon Apr 8 16:50:47 2013
Destination exchange   Bitcoin Address
Destination account   xxx

Timestamp   Event ID   Event type
Mon Apr 8 15:50:41 2013   Quote for new transaction
Mon Apr 8 15:50:47 2013   New Order
Mon Apr 8 15:50:41 2013   Waiting
Mon Apr 8 15:54:42 2013   Dwolla verification begin
Mon Apr 8 15:54:46 2013   Dwolla passed first round verification
Mon Apr 8 15:54:46 2013   Dwolla transaction confirmation begin
Mon Apr 8 15:55:42 2013   Waiting
Mon Apr 8 15:56:50 2013   Dwolla passed second round verification
Mon Apr 8 15:56:50 2013   Dwolla verification complete
Mon Apr 8 15:56:54 2013   MTGox Order Loading
Mon Apr 8 15:59:42 2013   Dwolla verification begin
Mon Apr 8 15:59:44 2013   Dwolla passed first round verification
Mon Apr 8 15:59:44 2013   Dwolla failed second round verification - fraud check failed

I'm out $500 and there' no incoming transactions or responses to your lighting fast support team. Last time I run through BI...

Responding to your post 4 minutes after.  Is that fast enough?  We are working on improving our support channels to meet demand.  Smiley

Your money is not lost.  I will add you to our 4/8 support list.  Thanks for your patience! 
legendary
That would be acceptable if I hadn't provided the info in my original post....,.no?

I appreciate your swamped but....I think if you had a lot of personal funds taken from you with no explanation...you might not be so confrontational!

And why is it that there are so many people with the same problem....Doing a transaction and the money is removed from the source...ie MtGox....so that you have it and then it's tied up for many days with no access except for BitInstants.....who are free to use it for that time
ponzi scheme

New to Bitcoin?  There's a lot to learn!  Please do your research before you suggest such things.  Thanks!  Cheesy

Hey!  I didn't "suggest" anything.  I just asked a question!  The fact that you would impugn my question only furthers my concerns rather than assuage them!

I believe you suggested something about a ponzi scheme?  It doesn't appear to be a question but a statement.  Please be assured that we are working on your issue.  Smiley
Activity: 25
You guys are making enough money off the interchange (probably what's holding up our funds) and transaction fee to hire a few more CS agents for the live chat and email outreach. It's a new industry and I imagine many people are thankful the service you provide exists, but any customer goodwill dries up instantly when our money vanishes and nobody responds.

Scaling up to meet demand that triples almost overnight does not happen in 1 day.  Smiley

Things my transaction fee should pay for:
you fixing customer problems

Things my transaction fee should not pay for:
you posting snarky replies to users in a support forum

i appreciate the position you guys are in but unless it soaks through that this is not how customer support works, you've lost another customer after this transaction is complete.
Order ID   9eddbd3f-8a69-488e-8fc1-6efdd282048d
Quote ID   9bd3ad01-f2c5-4d23-b874-4200c747f873
Event ID   b0c82518-fad5-44cf-bcce-6be5a2bbce6d
Fees (inclusive)   1.99%%
Amount you paid   $500.0 USD
Amount you will receive   $490.05 USD
Delivery Deadline   Mon Apr 8 16:50:47 2013
Destination exchange   Bitcoin Address
Destination account   xxx

Timestamp   Event ID   Event type
Mon Apr 8 15:50:41 2013   Quote for new transaction
Mon Apr 8 15:50:47 2013   New Order
Mon Apr 8 15:50:41 2013   Waiting
Mon Apr 8 15:54:42 2013   Dwolla verification begin
Mon Apr 8 15:54:46 2013   Dwolla passed first round verification
Mon Apr 8 15:54:46 2013   Dwolla transaction confirmation begin
Mon Apr 8 15:55:42 2013   Waiting
Mon Apr 8 15:56:50 2013   Dwolla passed second round verification
Mon Apr 8 15:56:50 2013   Dwolla verification complete
Mon Apr 8 15:56:54 2013   MTGox Order Loading
Mon Apr 8 15:59:42 2013   Dwolla verification begin
Mon Apr 8 15:59:44 2013   Dwolla passed first round verification
Mon Apr 8 15:59:44 2013   Dwolla failed second round verification - fraud check failed

I'm out $500 and there' no incoming transactions or responses to your lighting fast support team. Last time I run through BI...
Jump to: