Author

Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) - page 401. (Read 495998 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Thanks, Charlie.  You are restoring my faith.  Look forward to seeing my BTC soon.  Thx again!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
thanks for working on this. any idea on when the funds will be available?

A few dozen orders are already processing!

ISSUE UPDATE:

Basically, cloudflare fucked up the config for one of our DNS names, the www record had no valid SSL cert and then it also stopped resolving at all when I disabled SSL and re-enabled it.

We have a Plan B fix were already implemented. The issue was this happend over Saturday night while everyone was sleeping.

Thanks to everyone who called my cell phone and woke me up  Grin

Charlie
Activity: 7
thanks for working on this. any idea on when the funds will be available?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
So I placed a moneygram yesterday for nearly $300 at CVS to receive bitcoins from bitinstant.  I have done this before and received the coins within the hour.  So far I have no coins, and no emails regarding the transaction.  I'm starting to worry I'm out $300..

Any advice on what action to take?

Post in the support thread above?
Activity: 4
So I placed a moneygram yesterday for nearly $300 at CVS to receive bitcoins from bitinstant.  I have done this before and received the coins within the hour.  So far I have no coins, and no emails regarding the transaction.  I'm starting to worry I'm out $300..

Any advice on what action to take?
legendary
Thanks for burning the midnight oil on our behalf!
Thanks also for the PM letting me know you're working on it.
I was starting to get nervous about my money.

Looks like its not just us dealing with this: https://twitter.com/jon_hyman/status/150340481971265536
Thanks for burning the midnight oil on our behalf!
Thanks also for the PM letting me know you're working on it.
I was starting to get nervous about my money.
legendary
Hey,

Everyone who PM'd me this morning, I got them and we are resolving it.

I'm sorry about the delay, myself and our developers have been working thru Saturday night getting this resolved.

It seems the ZipZap and Moneygram system has been down and not alerting us of paid transfers.

Also, Cloudfare which we use for DoS protection changed their configuration which led to SSL certificates being changed.

Everything is fine, and were fixing it now and processing the orders by hand.

Thanks for your patience. We will get this resolved asap so I can go to sleep!

Thanks,

Charlie

@tavallyjustice

@elsipe,

@njzillest

Working on the issue
legendary
address is one I do not recognize, and it hasn't received the BTC like anyways. So how this problem can be fixed by Bitinstant I do not know but I am checking my email constantly for something more from Bitinstant support.

We already know the the issue is, your funds are safe and as promised will be resolved today.

Hi Yankee - I'm also having a problem with a transfer that I completed last night around 7:30 PM

It is now 12:00 PM the next day and I still have not had one response to my e-mails, calls, etc.

I'm just really hoping that the service hasn't turned into a scam, because I have used it before with absolutely no issues.

Hey, please do not accuse us of being a scam.

Its noon on Sunday, support takes longer on weekends.

PM me your order details and we will get it resolved

Charlie
Activity: 3
How do i find my quote id and event id?
Activity: 2
Hey All!

This thread is for customer issues, service announcements, ect. of BitInstant.

It's monitored by our support team, so if you have an issue, question, comment, feel free to post your order details here and someone should respond within a few hours during normal business hours (a little longer on weekends)

Thanks for all your continued business and support!

-Charlie and the team at BitInstant

Hi Charlie - I posted this in another thread as well, but I completed a transfer last night at 7:30 and still have not been credited.

I've sent several emails, called, etc - still no response.  Can someone please run down my bitcoins because this is getting frustrating.

Please PM or answer the several e-mails I have sent.

Thanks
Activity: 2
address is one I do not recognize, and it hasn't received the BTC like anyways. So how this problem can be fixed by Bitinstant I do not know but I am checking my email constantly for something more from Bitinstant support.

We already know the the issue is, your funds are safe and as promised will be resolved today.

Hi Yankee - I'm also having a problem with a transfer that I completed last night around 7:30 PM

It is now 12:00 PM the next day and I still have not had one response to my e-mails, calls, etc.

I'm just really hoping that the service hasn't turned into a scam, because I have used it before with absolutely no issues.

Activity: 7
I'm having the same problem as everyone else! What's going on? Please take care of this ASAP. It has been more than twelve hours since I made the cash deposit and the money has not appeared.

Quote ID: 6e0154d3-0a68-4709-914b-2de91288931a
Event ID: 0ab1df22-9ca8-41c7-85ed-95dfd378cba6
Activity: 10
Hi Yankee - I'm having a similar problem with my transaction.

Quote ID   ad377bee-ef27-402a-879a-f9fca7ee3b93
Event ID   67040eac-86eb-4225-8fb0-ffcd786f89bd

Thanks in advance for taking care of this!
Activity: 3
I deposited through moneygram around 7pm on 12.29 and bitcoins didn't show up yet.  It was ZipZap to bitcoin address and I got an email from Zipzap confirming the transaction. The money is not posting to my mtgox account..

Is there any issue going around or is this something I should be concerned about. I've used the service hundreds of times and this is my first time having an issue..
Activity: 5
@jonniebegood

@hellothere88844

Looking into it right now.

I'm having a similar problem, deposited cash through moneygram and zipzap 7 hours ago but still see no sign of any bitcoins or any email containing a Mt Gox coupon. I emailed Bitinstant a few hours ago but still haven't seen a response. What's going on?

Please PM me your order info.

Are these people having problems with their servers? Or are they out of coins?

Neither, we process a high volume alot of orders every day, we have this support thread for rare issues like these.

I'm having a similar problem, deposited cash through moneygram and zipzap 7 hours ago but still see no sign of any bitcoins or any email containing a Mt Gox coupon. I emailed Bitinstant a few hours ago but still haven't seen a response. What's going on?

Exact same problem here.
I do MoneyGram -> ZipZap -> BitInstant -> MtGox

ZipZap says they received the payment, have got nothing in my Mt Gox acct yet though.

Last time I did this I had the money in my account before I even got home.  What's up?

PMed.

Someone from another forum sent me here as I seem to be having the same problem as the people above in this thread.
I made my payment through Moneygram and I got an e-mail confirming payment, but never got my usual coinapult e-mail.
Are new users on this forum banned from private messaging? Or am I just too dense to find the PM button?

Click on Yankee's username, then click "Send Yankee A Personal Message"
Someone from another forum sent me here as I seem to be having the same problem as the people above in this thread.
I made my payment through Moneygram and I got an e-mail confirming payment, but never got my usual coinapult e-mail.
Are new users on this forum banned from private messaging? Or am I just too dense to find the PM button?
legendary
@jonniebegood

@hellothere88844

Looking into it right now.

Are these people having problems with their servers? Or are they out of coins?

Neither, we process a high volume alot of orders every day, we have this support thread for rare issues like these.

Exact same problem here.

ZipZap says they received the payment, have got nothing in my Mt Gox acct yet though.

Last time I did this I had the money in my account before I even got home.  What's up?

Activity: 5

Exact same problem here.

Activity: 1
Jump to: