Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 2. (Read 34142 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 14, 2014, 07:22:55 PM
Got my 1500 QRK. Thanks, FlipPro.

Hmm, I sill haven't got anything.
Activity: 6
February 14, 2014, 08:45:48 AM

WOW

This thread definitely shows that crypto will never change anything

People will be people

Was thinking exactly the same!
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
February 14, 2014, 08:41:56 AM

WOW

This thread definitely shows that crypto will never change anything

People will be people

Activity: 396
Merit: 250
February 14, 2014, 07:45:53 AM
@Ultimist

But then, you only "suspected" cheating by others. You've offered no proof that ANYONE actually cheated, other than yourself. So you did all this based only on circumstantial evidence, and without definitive proof that there was wrongdoing by anyone.

Since when are you interested in proof?  Where is your proof that barrysoetoro and boxxl cheated? As you can read in this thread you didn´t need it to make your claims in the past. But suddenly you (all) need hard proof. How is that?

Sorry, but this seems to me like a distraction from cheating done by others.

I wasn't talking to you, first of all. Second, my statements are meant only to apply to martijnp's desire for hero worship over this.

He claims to have done it to stop injustice, and so I'm asking him if he thinks the 40+ contestants he DOESN'T think cheated feel that justice was served.

whatever, dude, whatever...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 14, 2014, 06:59:35 AM
Got my 1500 QRK. Thanks, FlipPro.
February 13, 2014, 08:45:17 PM
By the way I accepted the deal yesterday when I sent FlipPro my QRK address.

So...

Yay.
February 13, 2014, 08:44:43 PM
@Ultimist

But then, you only "suspected" cheating by others. You've offered no proof that ANYONE actually cheated, other than yourself. So you did all this based only on circumstantial evidence, and without definitive proof that there was wrongdoing by anyone.

Since when are you interested in proof?  Where is your proof that barrysoetoro and boxxl cheated? As you can read in this thread you didn´t need it to make your claims in the past. But suddenly you (all) need hard proof. How is that?

I wasn't talking to you, first of all. Second, my statements are meant only to apply to martijnp's desire for hero worship over this.

He claims to have done it to stop injustice, and so I'm asking him if he thinks the 40+ contestants he DOESN'T think cheated feel that justice was served.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 13, 2014, 05:29:59 PM
Guys, this is taking too long. Everyone has something better to do. Just accept the offer and don't waste any more time, Time is money right?
It won't get better than this. FlipPro is doing a great job right now and is trying to satisfy everyone.

Smaragda, its time for you to take a step back too. Your design would never have won, so be happy that you are even getting something.

+1
February 13, 2014, 05:27:05 PM
Guys, this is taking too long. Everyone has something better to do. Just accept the offer and don't waste any more time, Time is money right?
It won't get better than this. FlipPro is doing a great job right now and is trying to satisfy everyone.

Smaragda, its time for you to take a step back too. Your design would never have won, so be happy that you are even getting something.
February 13, 2014, 04:25:32 PM
@Ultimist

February 13, 2014, 04:12:34 AM
I FOUGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE!

You can't fight against an injustice by committing one...

If you suspect a few of us of cheating, what do you have to say to the majority of others who were not cheating? What have you done to THEIR chances of winning?

So you screwed 40+ people out of a chance to win, and you want to be treated as a hero?

Give me a break. You're the only one for whom we have proof of cheating. Bottom line is, without proof it is unfair to just assume others cheated.

You committed the very "crime" you claim to be against. Like I said earlier, here's hoping you don't start killing people in order to stop someone else from killing people, because you think killing is wrong.

And besides, how are we to know what your true intentions were? Boxxl presented proof of your cheating before you admitted to it... Maybe this "I did it to fight injustice" is just something you cooked up to save your ass?

We'll never know. Either way, you're no hero. You're an admitted cheater who thinks you can stop dishonesty with more dishonesty. MORON!
Activity: 6
February 13, 2014, 04:04:20 AM
So the competition everyone put effort in for 120,000 quark is now 20,000

Everyone gets tarred for a few others actions, not our fault others acted this way and they still get majority of the bounty left?

Nicely played indeed. Sounds like a scam to me. Designers do you not value your work and time to roll over so easily!

Just makes me think who else is part of this plan! Quark foundation by not supporting the Quark community members who entered this competition, other designers?

Don't offer a bounty of 120,000 quark and then wiggle out. Very nice of the Quark foundation to accept 100,000 Quark from this, perfectly fine with that?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
February 12, 2014, 07:27:25 PM
Stop wasting your time people.

You expect he's gonna give you 10k USD?

He doesn't even have those QRK

You can't prove it. I do think he means it and he will donate.
You can't prove it.

I have the right to say whatever I want Tongue
Until he proves that he has 120k, I don't believe
Activity: 28
February 12, 2014, 07:23:59 PM
I agree with prometheum, a good exit out of a messy situation. Some wont be satisfied but as far as I see there is a yay mayority.

@martijnp

I also think you should step aside and leave it this way. After this desaster the most important thing is, to find a solution that the community can agree about. None of them is fair for all. As it seems there is no way to undo comitted errors. The best we can do is learn from this experience and move on.

What are all those QRK worth without a strong community? We wont have that without conciliation.

@barrysoetoro

Don't you think that there is a difference between cheating to steal the money and cheating to blast a flawed contest? I think you should also take FlipPros offer and leave it this way.

I've already taken the offer from Flip. I sent my address over as soon as he posted the update.

But I don't believe there is much difference between cheating and cheating. Lol
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 06:39:09 PM
I agree! All the best to you!
February 12, 2014, 06:07:44 PM
@martijnp

I also think you should step aside and leave it this way. After this desaster the most important thing is, to find a solution that the community can agree about. None of them is fair for all. As it seems there is no way to undo comitted errors. The best we can do is learn from this experience and move on.

+1
February 12, 2014, 05:49:08 PM
I agree with prometheum, a good exit out of a messy situation. Some wont be satisfied but as far as I see there is a yay mayority.

@martijnp

What are all those QRK worth without a strong community? We wont have that without conciliation.

@barrysoetoro

Don't you think that there is a difference between cheating to steal the money and cheating to blast a flawed contest? I think you should also take FlipPros offer and leave it this way.
February 12, 2014, 05:32:18 PM
I'm sorry this competition had so many problems. In my opinion there's no point in trying another voting if the community does not want to change the logo anymore. So I agree with FlipPro solution, it's best to give most of the quarks to people working on projects or just keep them for himself. No point in awarding 120,000 (!) quarks for a logo that won't even be used.
As for me I was just a bit disappointed my design got only 2 votes but considering the circumstances and the fact I finished it pretty quickly I can't complain.
Smiley

Only slightly confused by this as quark did adopt my logo, I accept its was an iteration that closely resembles the original but quark through there forum indicated they didn't want a completely new design .its a fully scalable .svg which the original wasn't and it did take time.

I also designed a quark note that wasn't requested, did work on quark - reddit, twitter - quarklist , gave the foundation a logo.

Seeing as the voting was turning into a fiasco earlier in the thread I said send the funds directly to the foundation if I won - if its divided up just send the share to the foundation

Your logo did not win this competition and you did not win the vote, you just did some minor modifications and sent it around. I could have done the same, but that was not what this competition was about.

'Official logo':
http://s29.postimg.org/8vpk23wtz/ip_bitcointalk_org.png

Your logo:
http://s10.postimg.org/oshhvrart/ip_bitcointalk_org.jpg

"In my opinion a new logo is necessary in order to represent confidence and solidarity to a broader market
The new logo should look modern and have crisp feel to it. It should represent the multi-algorithm hashing functionality that Quarkcoin elegantly brings to the crypto space.
For this effort I am personally pledging 50,000.00 100,000.00 QRK for a logo revamp.  " (FlipPro)

(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qrk-120000-qrk-bounty-for-new-logo-325086)
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 05:18:01 PM
I have posted a non-editable document for everyones viewing pleasure.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sxamBzfoYhS-2oXamsFW43yyMEXzydkr7bjxhg0c-c8/edit?usp=sharing

ALL CONTESTANTS please PM me your QRK address so you can receive your prize money.

Your receiving address will be posted in the document for the world to see.

The top 10 Contestants will split 15,000 QRK for "winning".

The other 35 contestants will be splitting 5,000 QRK for their earnest contributions to the contest.

The remaining 100,000k QRK will be donated to the Quark Foundation to be spent on 20,000 QRK per project maximum.

Thanks

Nice exit out of a very sticky situation!
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
February 12, 2014, 05:00:23 PM
I'm sorry this competition had so many problems. In my opinion there's no point in trying another voting if the community does not want to change the logo anymore. So I agree with FlipPro solution, it's best to give most of the quarks to people working on projects or just keep them for himself. No point in awarding 120,000 (!) quarks for a logo that won't even be used.
As for me I was just a bit disappointed my design got only 2 votes but considering the circumstances and the fact I finished it pretty quickly I can't complain.
Smiley

Only slightly confused by this as quark did adopt my logo, I accept its was an iteration that closely resembles the original but quark through there forum indicated they didn't want a completely new design .its a fully scalable .svg which the original wasn't and it did take time.

I also designed a quark note that wasn't requested, did work on quark - reddit, twitter - quarklist , gave the foundation a logo.

Seeing as the voting was turning into a fiasco earlier in the thread I said send the funds directly to the foundation if I won - if its divided up just send the share to the foundation
Pages:
Jump to: