Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 4. (Read 34142 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
February 11, 2014, 09:55:33 PM
tldr
I'm giving the 120K to the Quark Foundation.

I'm considering giving some of the top contestants (although everyone has pointed to rampant heating) some conciliatory amount.

Your antics have not helped this process at ALL.

Please be gone... 

Good call.
Activity: 11
February 11, 2014, 08:05:11 PM
Guys, looks like I made a BIG mistake...

I misread my current balance.

http://i.imgur.com/w4YiRE5.jpg

I just found out that I just have 120 Quarks, I will still donate this amount to the QuarkCoin Foundation though.
All of you designers aren't worth the Quarks. I know I messed up, and I know I have zero organisational skills, but I am just going to blame you guys, mmmkay?

Let's just call it a day.

Lol Tongue
Activity: 1
February 11, 2014, 07:59:42 PM
Guys, looks like I made a BIG mistake...

I misread my current balance.

http://i.imgur.com/w4YiRE5.jpg

I just found out that I just have 120 Quarks, I will still donate this amount to the QuarkCoin Foundation though.
All of you designers aren't worth the Quarks. I know I messed up, and I know I have zero organisational skills, but I am just going to blame you guys, mmmkay?

Let's just call it a day.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
February 11, 2014, 05:05:10 PM
Tnx a lot!  Wink
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer
February 11, 2014, 04:51:35 PM
Great. Are you willing to share this background? I'd like to experiment with it a little.

Sure, why not https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14399654/qrk.ai
February 11, 2014, 04:44:32 PM
Great. Are you willing to share this background? I'd like to experiment with it a little.
Activity: 295
Graphic Designer
February 11, 2014, 04:25:35 PM
@gjeric: do you have a vector of the colored background you used (http://i.imgur.com/RAMPpm3.png)?

Yes, I always design logos in Illustrator and 100% in vectors.
February 11, 2014, 03:56:58 PM
@gjeric: do you have a vector of the colored background you used (http://i.imgur.com/RAMPpm3.png)?
Activity: 56
February 11, 2014, 12:31:44 PM
I am getting very tired of all this. I am just going to be honest with you guys and tell you the whole story.

Three months ago I had a great idea to make easy money. Why not create a fake contest and ask people to donate Quark for a new logo?
So that is exactly what I did. I created a forum on a cheap 10$ server and hosted the fake contest while hoping that people will start donating money into the prize pot.
Unfortunately things did not work out as planned. Nobody donated a single quark Sad.
I did everything in my power to make people donate Quarks for the 'much needed quark logo' but nobody fell for it.
You might ask yourself what tricks i did? Well, you might remember a few posts from people on quarktalk saying that they are going to donate to the prize pot? Well, that was me.
I might tell you some other tricks I did later, I am not in the mood to go into detail.. The conclusion is that this contest was never about you, but about me making money.

Please stop telling me about ways to solve this issue because I don't give a f*ck
. I just want everything to be over...
I know I ruined all your time and you must feel shit, but to be honest, I dont care. While you guys were desiging I was at the bar with my friends, having quality time.

But I still want to thank all designers for their hard work, you guys did a great job.

hahaha
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 11, 2014, 11:35:36 AM
The voting should be between the participants themselves. Each of them should vote on a 1 to 10 scale to others who participated. Once everyone has voted, the one with the most votes wins.

According to the game theory in this case noone will vote Smiley
If the voting is mandatory on a scale 1 to 10 then everybody will poll 1 Smiley

Okay then, they have to rank every other entry out of however many entries there are and can only use each number once. If there are 20 entries, 20 rankings, lowest to highest.

Sounds fair
. FlipPro, atleast do this and give 50% of the promised reward to the top 5 instead of the current top 5 that (might) have cheated.

I agree, if flippro decides to give out some award (and I don't think it should be 50%, but closer to 10%), then I say he chooses the winner, rather than voting.

One things for sure, Boxxl should be disqualified, that kid is annoying as fuck.
Activity: 800
Merit: 502
February 11, 2014, 10:42:27 AM
There are so many options left..

FlipPro, why don't your team decide who the winner is?
Just give everybody some points for his design and make a 3 or 4 winners..

It looks only we are all looking for a solution..

Activity: 11
February 11, 2014, 10:12:57 AM
The voting should be between the participants themselves. Each of them should vote on a 1 to 10 scale to others who participated. Once everyone has voted, the one with the most votes wins.

According to the game theory in this case noone will vote Smiley
If the voting is mandatory on a scale 1 to 10 then everybody will poll 1 Smiley

Okay then, they have to rank every other entry out of however many entries there are and can only use each number once. If there are 20 entries, 20 rankings, lowest to highest.

Sounds fair. FlipPro, atleast do this and give 50% of the promised reward to the top 5 instead of the current top 5 that (might) have cheated.
February 11, 2014, 07:33:25 AM
It would be funny if he wouldn't pay tbh.

Trying to think what happens -IF- it's a fake contest prize, what's he gonna say?

He got scammed? Hacked? Aliens abducted him? His doge age the wallet?

Activity: 396
February 11, 2014, 07:30:17 AM
Voting ends on 2/8/2014 - Winner gets 120,000.00 QRK!

Thats why 46 designers added there designs..

...and obviously the reason why people massively cheated  Roll Eyes
February 11, 2014, 07:05:52 AM
Voting ends on 2/8/2014 - Winner gets 120,000.00 QRK!

Thats why 46 designers added there designs..
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
February 11, 2014, 06:26:58 AM
Some of you act as if investing the 120K in infrastructure projects was the same as disappearing with the money. What is wrong with you?!

There was no contest thanks to multiple cheating long before martijn made it unquestionable and you all know that (excepting the user Ashmasser who still pretends that everyone but martijn played 100% fair).

If there is any trust shattered, then certainly not by FlipPro but by the people who sabotaged the contest to steal the money.

This, it's unfair to other entrants as well to pay those who have cheated their way up. FliPro is still giving all of it away for a good cause.
Activity: 396
February 11, 2014, 05:51:08 AM
Some of you act as if investing the 120K in infrastructure projects was the same as disappearing with the money. What is wrong with you?!

There was no contest thanks to multiple cheating long before martijn made it unquestionable and you all know that (excepting the user Ashmasser who still pretends that everyone but martijn played 100% fair).

If there is any trust shattered, then certainly not by FlipPro but by the people who sabotaged the contest to steal the money.
February 11, 2014, 05:35:39 AM
Think about it guys, why would a Quark fan pay ~$11500 for a logo contest when the dev team have already stated they're keeping the original one?

Your are right my friend!
Eventually there is not prize.
This contest is a big scam and FilipPro the biggest scammer ever.
Activity: 6
February 11, 2014, 03:57:22 AM
Trust is essential to Quark's success and easily shattered. A competition that doesn't pay out isn't helping matters. A lot of people put a lot of hours in here.

I now feel like "Ah so this was a scam all along" which ultimately tarnishes Quark.

What a shame, lessons learned people/designers spread the word as we need to be heard respectfully.
February 11, 2014, 03:21:50 AM
I care about Quark..

But make a contest...
and let 46 designers spend so many hours to make a good design..
And on the end..
We are not giving anything??

Then don't start a contest!

That's just saying..
Good bye and thanks for all your free time
Pages:
Jump to: