Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 3. (Read 34142 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 04:46:31 PM
Given the circumstances, I've reached my goal! Did you?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 12, 2014, 04:42:31 PM
I even wonder if everyone on the list is aware of this voting thread. As far as I know the link wasn't communicated @Quarktalk.

This would explain the participants with 0 votes.

Personally I would still make a classification between contestants, not based on ranking but based on effort!

In my case I spent over 150 hours of designing work to deliver everything you requested. Many did not, which is fine. That's also why I provided several suggestions and tried to convince everyone to make voting fair for over two months now. I was attacked for this from the beginning by participants who were not aware of the 'requirements' you defined.

There are many to blame, but it's just not worth it.
Everyone wants their back scratched in this thread.

The fact of the matter is that you along with a half a dozen or so individuals CHEATED.

We're not having to go back and redo everything because of the unjust and immoral actions of a few.

The best you can do is step aside, and be glad you're getting anything at all.....

If that's how you think about me then I have nothing to say to you anymore!

You clearly define me as a cheater! Shame on you!

You can donate my share to the foundation!

I FOUGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE!

LMFAO!

"No need to expose me and say I cheated, I did! And in a way I'm proud I did! - martijnp"
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2014, 04:37:40 PM
Stop wasting your time people.

You expect he's gonna give you 10k USD?

He doesn't even have those QRK

You can't prove it. I do think he means it and he will donate.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
February 12, 2014, 03:50:46 PM
Stop wasting your time people.

You expect he's gonna give you 10k USD?

He doesn't even have those QRK
February 12, 2014, 03:22:19 PM
I even wonder if everyone on the list is aware of this voting thread. As far as I know the link wasn't communicated @Quarktalk.

Personally I would still make a classification between contestants, not based on ranking but based on effort!

In my case I spent over 150 hours of designing work to deliver everything you requested. Many did not, which is fine. That's also why I provided several suggestions and tried to convince everyone to make voting fair for over two months now. I was attacked for this from the beginning by participants who were not aware of the 'requirements' you defined.

The fact of the matter is that you along with a half a dozen or so individuals CHEATED.

We're not having to go back and redo everything because of the unjust and immoral actions of a few.

The best you can do is step aside, and be glad you're getting anything at all.....

If that's how you think about me then I have nothing to say to you anymore!

You clearly define me as an unjust and immoral cheater! Shame on you!

You can donate my share to the foundation!

I FOUGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
February 12, 2014, 03:15:02 PM
I have posted a non-editable document for everyones viewing pleasure.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sxamBzfoYhS-2oXamsFW43yyMEXzydkr7bjxhg0c-c8/edit?usp=sharing

ALL CONTESTANTS please PM me your QRK address so you can receive your prize money.

Your receiving address will be posted in the document for the world to see.

The top 10 Contestants will split 15,000 QRK for "winning".

The other 35 contestants will be splitting 5,000 QRK for their earnest contributions to the contest.

The remaining 100,000k QRK will be donated to the Quark Foundation to be spent on 20,000 QRK per project maximum.

Thanks
Activity: 30
February 12, 2014, 03:13:56 PM
I'm sorry this competition had so many problems. In my opinion there's no point in trying another voting if the community does not want to change the logo anymore. So I agree with FlipPro solution, it's best to give most of the quarks to people working on projects or just keep them for himself. No point in awarding 120,000 (!) quarks for a logo that won't even be used.
As for me I was just a bit disappointed my design got only 2 votes but considering the circumstances and the fact I finished it pretty quickly I can't complain.
Smiley
legendary
February 12, 2014, 03:11:14 PM

We're now having to go back and redo everything because of the unjust and immoral actions of a few.

February 12, 2014, 03:06:51 PM
I wonder if everyone on the list is even aware of this voting thread. As far as I know the link wasn't communicated @Quarktalk.

Personally I would make a classification between the contestants, not based on ranking but based on effort!

legendary
February 12, 2014, 02:39:06 PM
Yay!

EDIT ADDITION: Since this was a competition, I don't see the point of awarding any of the contestants who received 0 votes or 1 vote (1 vote is always for one's own entry).  So, I'd say that your decision is generous very generous to the contestants, and should therefore be appreciated.   Furthermore, I don't see the point of awarding the top 4 "winners", who, to my mind, obviously cheated.  The rest is agreeable to me. So, i's a Yay.
I would argue that the users who didn't receive any votes were defrauded the opportunity for a fair contest by the group of "winners", therefore they deserve a piece of the pie too... 
February 12, 2014, 09:41:57 AM
Perhaps not use a doc that is writeable to everyone. Someone removed some of my links just before voting started. Perhaps just send a pm with wallet address to FlipPro if he agrees.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer
February 12, 2014, 08:38:02 AM
Yay, but don't make the difference between top10 and the rest. Split the prize to all contestants equally! Don't forget that top5 probably faked their votes.

Make a new Doc document so everyone can add their QRK addresses.
February 12, 2014, 08:32:51 AM
If anyone cheated they should be removed from any winnings but I feel this would be impossible to prove with absolute clarity.

Give foundation 60k and split the remaining 60k between contestants feels fair as it's impossible to say who cheated and who didn't?

Would everyone be happy to hand over their work for this to be used as the kind donators see fit?

Foundation wins, contestants win and donators have a wealth of design to use as they see fit.

+1
Activity: 6
February 12, 2014, 08:13:29 AM
If anyone cheated they should be removed from any winnings but I feel this would be impossible to prove with absolute clarity.

Give foundation 60k and split the remaining 60k between contestants feels fair as it's impossible to say who cheated and who didn't?

Would everyone be happy to hand over their work for this to be used as the kind donators see fit?

Foundation wins, contestants win and donators have a wealth of design to use as they see fit.
Activity: 11
February 12, 2014, 06:54:38 AM

If this is/not acceptable for everyone involved please say yay or nay.

yay!!

EDIT: But I also think the amount given to contestants should be a little higher.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2014, 06:42:27 AM
Yay for sure!!
February 12, 2014, 05:28:09 AM
Given the circumstances, if you do it like this I would split the 120k in half. 60k for the foundation and 60k for the participants. Then everyone can finally move on. Most important is this thing ends positive (in a way) for everyone who took serious effort.

My 2 Quarks..
Activity: 74
February 12, 2014, 05:10:41 AM
Yay!

EDIT ADDITION: Since this was a competition, I don't see the point of awarding any of the contestants who received 0 votes or 1 vote (1 vote is always for one's own entry).  So, I'd say that your decision is generous very generous to the contestants, and should therefore be appreciated.   Furthermore, I don't see the point of awarding the top 4 "winners", who, to my mind, obviously cheated.  The rest is agreeable to me. So, i's a Yay.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
February 12, 2014, 04:57:20 AM
How about this:

The other 35 contestants will be splitting 5,000 QRK for their earnest contributions to the contest.

The remaining 100,000k QRK will be donated to the Quark Foundation to be spent on 20,000 QRK per project maximum.

Thanks

Yay

Of course I would be happy with this but even if I was not in the top 10 what a great idea.

Great work FlipPro
legendary
February 12, 2014, 04:37:44 AM
How about this:

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: