Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 22. (Read 34173 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 04, 2014, 01:53:10 AM
FlipPro,
What do you think of my voting idea (like 3 posts above this one)?  Everyone writes-in, and you can't vote for yourself unless you make it to one of the final voting rounds...we need multiple voting rounds...Just a framework - it can be modified of course.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
February 04, 2014, 01:49:53 AM
damn and i thought me getting three  votes was pretty good

j

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
February 04, 2014, 01:42:59 AM
I see the voting is being gamed as expected.

How does the community advise we proceed forward with the "votes"?

Do we pay to play (QRK necessary for vote to be counted) ?

I'm out of ideas.  Huh Huh
February 04, 2014, 01:18:53 AM
FlipPro,
You were on the Right track 100% - the voting needs to be revised.

I will bet you 10,000 quark that the "AshMasser" account is just a sock-puppet of one of the cheaters on this forum.

I would bet my life that "AshMasser" is simply a fake account - it's sort of convenient the account was just created a few hours ago...hmmm???

The real account names match-up with the designer names from our google doc...I'm sanders.334 on here and sanders334 on the google doc.

for example:
Google Doc             bitcointalk.org
Leigrec                        Leigrec
martijnp                      martijnp
barrysoetoro                barrysoetoro
smaragda                    smaragda
altcoincryptographer    altcoincryptographer

FlipPro - it's your money; you deserve a fair contest, and this thread is RAMPANT with cheating, including the sock-puppet named "AshMasser" that just chewed you out for trying to bring some order to this mess.  Do you really think AshMasser was looking out for the "50 designers"!?...lol  no way...that sock-puppet belongs to someone who feels they can't compete under Fair and Decent Rules.

Trust me, FlipPro, someone is trying to play you for a fool, which is EXTREMELY LOW considering it's the equivalent of conning you out of $12,000!!!
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 04, 2014, 01:17:26 AM
I am happy for you to go and promote Quark and bring in new members. I hope you continue to do so. But don't do it when it only benefits your ends and claim it is for the communities benefit especially when so much is at stake (Well... Maybe not so much since winning != adoption).

Yes... It is unfair to single you out, but that is not what anyone is doing. I would be just as harsh to anyone else who has done the same as you have.

I admitted, yes I'd like to win. But it doesn't *only* benefit me when I campaign. Sure, most will just vote and that will be the end of it. But as I said, I've gotten a few people here and there curious about Quark because they have never heard of it before. Some had never even heard of Bitcoin before.

I'm not doing this for altruistic purposes. You are correct. But again, I honestly did think it would help the community in some small way, as well as helping me to get votes.

It probably won't help a whole lot...

The only reason others aren't being singled out is because they weren't "outed" the way I was. And I certainly am not going to be outing anyone since it already happened to me. But if you think others aren't out there campaigning for votes in this contest, you're kidding yourself. Google is your friend.

Anyway, peace to you and to all. I'm tired of having to defend myself. I am not dastardly and evil. I am not perfect either, but I'm a mostly decent person.
February 04, 2014, 12:56:24 AM
I personally think this voting is extremely fair and great Smiley
It's funny that newbies on here actually thought this was about "selecting a really cool new logo for quark"...lol  newbies!

For the veterans who actually understand the rules, this contest is about:
1)  create a 2nd (or 3rd) rate logo that will embarrass the quark community
2)  create sock-puppet accounts to vote for yourself
3)  get your sock-puppets to make comments supporting your own logo
4)  troll other crypto threads to get more votes
5)  get all of your Facebook friends to vote for you
6)  get all of your Twitter followers to vote for you
7)  accuse other people of trolling and being unfair for calling you out on #'s 1-6

This is going to be even better when people start getting 100+ votes....and then you'll look at their logo and say - yeah they definitely followed rule #1 by making a 3rd rate logo, and they really dominated on rules #2-6...

I just want to personally thank a select few of the participants for TRULY giving me hope in humanity by being such highly evolved beings Smiley

Man, shut the fuck up with your pseudo-intellectual bullshit. You're trying too hard.

This contest is absolutely ridiculous. The voting is rigged and the designs are shit (aside from 2 or 3 which aren't in the top 3 anyway). The prize money is RIDICULOUS and the design that wins won't even end up being the official design as other people have previously stated.

Ultimist's design looks like it should be the logo of a 1970's nuclear research facility. Whoever made this poll should have made another option titled "Keep the old logo?".

xenithrising...dude, I agree with you 100% - this contest is completely out of control...I was simply being sarcastic.
February 04, 2014, 12:51:52 AM
Again, FlipPro, thank you for stepping-in...I was really starting to lose hope in homo-sapiens in general.

He has already said the contest will continue.

Besides, didn't you give me absolute *hell* over on quarktalk, because I was complaining about people with dozens and dozens of entries? Remember that? Remember how you scolded me *and others as well* about changing the rules mid-stream, etc?

Or have you forgotten all that, even though it was only a month ago?

Hypocrisy much?

February 04, 2014, 12:45:05 AM
FlipPro,
Firstly, thank you for bringing some order to this nightmare...

Here's my proposal.  We have 45 designers, and let's say we each get 1 vote.  The problem is we all have an urge to vote for ourselves, which would result in 1 vote for each person.  We need to have several rounds of voting, and no one can vote for themselves until the last round (or last two rounds, for example).

For example:

45 designers total:

1st round:  each designer vote for 5 other designers (can't vote for yourself)
then select the top 10 designers with most votes

2nd round:  each designer (all 45) vote for 3 of the remaining 10 designers.
select the top 5 designers with most votes

3rd round:  each designer (all 45) vote for 2 of the remaining 5.
select top 2 designers.

Final Round:  each designer (all 45) vote for 1 of the remain 2 logos.

I feel it's safest we all just write the names in, so we know there is no cheating.  For example:
round 1...I vote for:
1.  Freddy
2.  Tammy
3.  Sally
4.  Jimmy
5.  Frank

Also, I doubt all 45 designers will vote, so make sure people aren't cheating by creating an account and masquerading as one of the absent designers.  I've noticed a few people on this forum are very talented at creating sock puppets - it's pathetic, really.

Also, no more petitioning, "vote for me".  Each person, look at the google doc and select 5 names, then 3 names, etc.  

This is my general concept, feel free to modify the number of rounds or the number of votes, etc. if you please.

Again, FlipPro, thank you for stepping-in...I was really starting to lose hope in homo-sapiens in general.

sanders334
February 04, 2014, 12:43:56 AM
But I cannot commend you for your arrogance to think just because you think your design is pretty cool that everyone else will and thus it is okay for you to pull votes from irrelevant sources...

Why are people's opinions "irrelevant" simply because they happen to be new to the community?

There IS a good side effect to my campaigning... and it doesn't just benefit ME... It opens up the world of Quark to a whole new audience who may or may not have been exposed to it otherwise. I have posted to several forums of which I am a member, and not exclusively in "crypto currency" forums, either, because some of the forums don't even HAVE such a forum.

For the most part, my efforts have been met with people willing to vote, and many others who have curiosity... lots of people asking "What is Quark? I've only heard of BitCoin before this..." etc... Is that really all that bad? Whether I win or lose, people have heard about Quark who might not have otherwise.

By saying that these new faces are irrelevant, aren't you sort of saying that the Quark community is pretty much fully established and NOT open to welcoming new members? That's what bothers me the most, I think.

People aren't irrelevant simply because they aren't a member of someone's exclusive little club, yet. I thought part of the idea was to bring in fresh new faces, spread the word, get Quark *noticed* as much as possible.

I really felt I could benefit Quark (and yes, myself) by campaigning. I'm not going to lie... *of course* I want to win. But I honestly did see this side benefit of introducing Quark to a new field of potential adopters.

Edit: The funny thing is, no one would have known about my campaigning if it weren't for that person who "outed" me for doing it on a forum they were already a member of. Had I been asked, I may have indeed admitted to campaigning elsewhere.  But others have campaigned here and elsewhere as well, so if they can do it why can't I?

Anyway, despite what people have insinuated about me here and there... I *do* care about the Quark community. Sure I'd like to win the contest, but it isn't *just* about that, for me. Believe it or not, I actually want Quark to succeed because I think it is a few breeds above most other crypto-currencies.
legendary
February 04, 2014, 12:31:56 AM

I'll do whatever the community wants to do.

If this vote is truly unfair please come up with a fairer way for this to take place.

Thanks.

changing the rules now would be IMMENSELY unfair to those you have strung along for MONTHS - i think it is high time that you stick with the rules you established and stop being so god damned wishywashy about all this stuff

are you really prepared to tell 40 to 50 or more people that this vote is now invalid?

dude, grow a set, please, and stop beating around the bush - you cant keep draggin this shit out

it is YOUR contest, and YOU made the rules as they stand - stop asking for people's opinions on everything, and have a mother fucking backbone for once in your fucking life

don't you see that it is mainly the people who are losing this vote, who are complaining the loudest?

that should give you a huge clue as to WHY they are complaining - it is ONLY because they aren't winning!

don't pull the rug out from under these people who have been patient with you for months now

just finish the contest and get it over with so we can all move on!

i am REALLY voting for mjbmonetarymetals

Thanks for your colorful opinion.

Consensus is all I seek.

The contest has turned into a slime fest, and is the opposite of what I wanted for quark.

Anyways the contest shall continue on, lets see if it picks up some media attention Cheesy.
Activity: 14
February 04, 2014, 12:31:13 AM

If this vote is truly unfair please come up with a fairer way for this to take place.

Thanks.

changing the rules now would be IMMENSELY unfair to those you have strung along for MONTHS - i think it is high time that you stick with the rules you established and stop being so god damned wishywashy about all this stuff

are you really prepared to tell 40 to 50 or more people that this vote is now invalid?

dude, grow a set, please, and stop beating around the bush - you cant keep draggin this shit out

it is YOUR contest, and YOU made the rules as they stand - stop asking for people's opinions on everything, and have a mother fucking backbone for once in your fucking life

don't you see that it is mainly the people who are losing this vote, who are complaining the loudest?

that should give you a huge clue as to WHY they are complaining - it is ONLY because they aren't winning!

don't pull the rug out from under these people who have been patient with you for months now

just finish the contest and get it over with so we can all move on!

i am REALLY voting for mjbmonetarymetals

This contest CAN be redone, it's not that big of a deal. OP, can you make the poll only available to people who have 50+ posts? This would stop the troll accounts and the fake voting/whoring accounts etc. (Yes, I am aware that I have less than 50 posts but I want whats best for quark as I am heavily invested and a strong believer.
Activity: 14
February 04, 2014, 12:22:42 AM
I personally think this voting is extremely fair and great Smiley
It's funny that newbies on here actually thought this was about "selecting a really cool new logo for quark"...lol  newbies!

For the veterans who actually understand the rules, this contest is about:
1)  create a 2nd (or 3rd) rate logo that will embarrass the quark community
2)  create sock-puppet accounts to vote for yourself
3)  get your sock-puppets to make comments supporting your own logo
4)  troll other crypto threads to get more votes
5)  get all of your Facebook friends to vote for you
6)  get all of your Twitter followers to vote for you
7)  accuse other people of trolling and being unfair for calling you out on #'s 1-6

This is going to be even better when people start getting 100+ votes....and then you'll look at their logo and say - yeah they definitely followed rule #1 by making a 3rd rate logo, and they really dominated on rules #2-6...

I just want to personally thank a select few of the participants for TRULY giving me hope in humanity by being such highly evolved beings Smiley

Man, shut the fuck up with your pseudo-intellectual bullshit. You're trying too hard.

This contest is absolutely ridiculous. The voting is rigged and the designs are shit (aside from 2 or 3 which aren't in the top 3 anyway). The prize money is RIDICULOUS and the design that wins won't even end up being the official design as other people have previously stated.

Ultimist's design looks like it should be the logo of a 1970's nuclear research facility. Whoever made this poll should have made another option titled "Keep the old logo?".
legendary
February 04, 2014, 12:15:12 AM
Ok, as expected this voting system is turning out to be a complete fiasco! There are no rules, no guidelines, no qualifications, no legal validations. There is no structure at all!

It's extremely disappointing and even humiliating for designers who have put serious effort in delivering their quality designs.

It's easy to create 100s of email aliases automatically, register an account on BitcoinTalk for each email alias every 6 minutes from the same IP, login with each new account and directly place a vote! No need to write a welcome message in the newbies thread first and wait for three hours.. You can vote instantly! Why not all start doing this? It's great fun! Some of seem to be doing a great job at this already!

We should STOP 'voting' in it's current format NOW, evaluate and properly manage this contest! I'm confident every serious participant is willing to cooperate!

I cannot imagine FlipPro will accept the fact that our 'winner' will be the one delivering most of the 'votes' based on quantity only! The goal was to redefine the current logo and deliver different elements based on this redefined logo.

This logo should be accepted as the new standard by the Quark community. Rules MUST be implemented for it to become accepted! There is a Quark foundation and a Quark community that should be involved, but mostly FlipPro as he initiated the contest and is providing the funds.

@FlipPro, PLEASE let us know your point of view! Quarkfx provided some pretty decent suggestions..

It indeed turned out to be an EPIC vote, but epic in a negative sense! Let's reverse this thing.

Thanks.
Activity: 1
February 04, 2014, 12:04:38 AM
All this  vote rigging would make Osama bin Obama Proud!

What a fucking sham
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
February 03, 2014, 09:45:21 PM
I think a good rule would be least amount of votes wins.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 03, 2014, 08:35:59 PM
me want quark charm!
such cute charm. very wow stupid
I lol'd at that one....
February 03, 2014, 08:33:01 PM
Don't worry, the logo contest was started by a Quark fan before Quark was worth much. I believe the dev team has stated they have no intention of changing the logo despite the contest. The person who started the contest is still planning to honor the prize offer

Really? I wasn't aware that FlipPro isn't "officially" associated with Quark. So the winner's logo won't be the new official logo of Quark? That's disappointing...
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2014, 08:25:08 PM
Man....Quark is gonna get one shitty logo lol
Again Quarks official logo won't change
Hmmm what's the point in the competition? Just to spam the forum?

To be honest I've always liked the original logo.

Don't worry, the logo contest was started by a Quark fan before Quark was worth much. I believe the dev team has stated they have no intention of changing the logo despite the contest. The person who started the contest is still planning to honor the prize offer
Activity: 28
February 03, 2014, 08:21:12 PM
I congratulated Boxxl a couple of pages back and I would have gladly congratulated you had it not been for your uncalled for comments over at HackForums when you called me a cheater for having 22 votes. Give me a break and stop the nonsense.

The comments were not here, as I didn't want to taint the vote against you.

But again, I do sincerely apologize. Tempers were seemingly running high at the time, as they are now, and I got frustrated.

I am truly sorry for my comments and they have been removed.

I do love your designs, by the way.

Well thanks Ultimist. Apology accepted. Now if we (everyone) can just get along maybe we could turn this circlejerk of a thread into something positive for Quark in the long run.
Activity: 28
February 03, 2014, 08:13:13 PM
I apologize if my remarks elsewhere offended you, but it seems we may have someone else to worry about now.

There is nothing to be worried about. Boxxl's design is good and if he wins, he deserves it.

You just got through criticizing me for getting 50 votes overnight, and yet have nothing to say about boxxl getting 30+ votes in less than 2 hours?

Something is amiss here...

Either that or you suffer from double-think. What's good for one's goose isn't good enough for the gander, eh?

I didn't criticize you, I merely pointed out your hypocrisy. I congratulated Boxxl a couple of pages back and I would have gladly congratulated you had it not been for your uncalled for comments over at HackForums when you called me a cheater for having 22 votes. Give me a break and stop the nonsense.
Pages:
Jump to: