Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 25. (Read 34173 times)

Activity: 396
Merit: 250
February 03, 2014, 10:09:22 AM
Smaragda, would you please stop spamming the thread. Obviously youa re neither able to talk and argue like a normal human being nor to cope with controversial opinions. Its a shame for the quark community.

@altcoincryptographer

There is currently no rule that prohibits advertising your own work like Ultimist did, so it isnt cheating. I also think that it doesnt contributes to a fair competition if voters haven´t been involved in the quark community before. Therefore I proposed changes in the procedure (check page 6) but if it stays like this we have to accept that the vote will be heavily based on peergroup mobilization.
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 03, 2014, 08:33:19 AM
Here's something interesting. Evidently pajsor33 is also a member of the same hack forum as me.

He posted in my thread over there, laughing that someone doesn't like me... but he left a bit too much information in his screenshot:

The image above is what someone named "InstallKING" posted to my thread over there...

Notice anything in the screenshot? He has an "edit" and "delete" button, proving that he is the one who posted the thread here, accusing me of "cheating."

So I suspect he has an entry in this contest and is upset that I have taken the lead? Not sure.

By the way, many other users have posted requests on bitcointalk and other forums, asking for people to vote. If my entries are removed, so will a lot of others... but I don't think trying to shore up support for yourself is wrong. How else can we get votes if we can't point out our work and ask people to add their input?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Currently Mining At 1.2 MH/s!
February 03, 2014, 08:05:58 AM
User NAMED : Ultimist
is CHEATING !

He is asking PPL TO VOTE FOR HIM ON A FORUM !

http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4037921

PLEASE DELETE HIS ENTRY FROM THE CONTEST ! THANK YOU !

Please delete his entry from the contest !
Its CHEATING

You're an idiot.  Don't you see the amount of people that ask others to vote for them as well even on this forum?

Please seek mental help, I think you were dropped on the head as a baby.

Btw, I only voted for Ultimist because I love his logo, and I encourage as many people to vote for him as possible!
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 03, 2014, 08:00:22 AM
is CHEATING !

Please delete his entry from the contest !
Its CHEATING

If you look at what I posted there, I specifically asked people to vote for me if they like my logo.

I also advised them to look at the other entries, not just mine.

Several people here have posted threads on THIS forum, asking people to vote for them... so why is it different if I post a similar request somewhere else?

I also mention that there are A LOT of excellent entries. You can see it right there in the screenshot.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
February 03, 2014, 07:45:22 AM
is CHEATING !

I like his logo design and I don't care about any "Hacker Forums".
Did you make an account just to ruin his day, or what?
Activity: 25
February 03, 2014, 06:16:58 AM
There's a lot of great design work here.

The one that's currently in the lead (by mjbmonetarymetals) is certainly amongst them, but in my opinion it doesn't really say anything about Quark to people who aren't already familiar with Quark.  And if you look at it objectively, disregarding the flashy binary backgrounds etc, the logo itself is a pretty simple rehash of what Quark already uses.

I like the boxxl design.  It has a "money" feel to it and It keeps the familiar quark symbol while introducing the 'Q' which may be important for people who are less familiar with Quark already.

I also really like barrysoetoro's design.  In my opinion it's by far the best conceptually thought out design and looks very clean and modern.

Either of these two designs add strong credibility to Quark's public image but as I only have one vote I selected barrysoetoro.
Activity: 295
Graphic Designer
February 03, 2014, 05:27:55 AM
There would be no surprise if mjbmonetarymetals wins. As I see it Quark devs are already in bed with him Wink Nothing wrong with that, but running a FAKE contest where the winner is already selected in front just pisses me off ...

His designs are already used on QRK twitter https://twitter.com/Quark_QRK, http://www.quarkcoin.cc/ and http://www.qrk.cc/

He also designed their quark foundation logo http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/ ... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4162826

Roll Eyes
Activity: 79
Currently Mining At 1.2 MH/s!
February 03, 2014, 01:06:18 AM
I recommend to vote for Ultimist!

He has spent a lot of time and hard work making his masterpiece of a logo, and it should definitely be displayed as Quark's!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2014, 07:32:10 PM
i just realized when quark hits $1 (which is almost certain) the prize money for logo is worth $120,000 , that's freakin awesome! Whoever wins won't be running out of cash anytime soon  Smiley

good luck

Brilliant
Activity: 475
February 02, 2014, 06:52:52 PM
Haven't posted any of my stuff to Bitcointalk before and there was mention quarktalk.com that posting here is advisable, so here are my entries (keeping it simple)

Will make a sizable donation to another bounty if selected.

Regards,
Azure
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
February 02, 2014, 05:23:56 PM
i just realized when quark hits $1 (which is almost certain) the prize money for logo is worth $120,000 , that's freakin awesome! Whoever wins won't be running out of cash anytime soon  Smiley

good luck
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
February 02, 2014, 05:22:04 PM
haven't seen mesta and draklyte entries before, really good job!
Activity: 77
February 02, 2014, 04:39:18 PM
If you want change vote for martijnp! Thanks.

lol you sound like Obama, nice logo btw

Not my intention, at all! Wink
February 02, 2014, 04:37:42 PM
Agree! I hope the organizer is willing to implement a few changes.. Chaos is what's happening now!
Activity: 52
February 02, 2014, 04:31:26 PM
I like these two the most for now:

boxxl

Mesta/Darklyte

but i just want to add, what a horrible way of looking at all the logos! cant you setup a simple website for the logos or a forum post with all the logos in the OP...
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
February 02, 2014, 04:23:57 PM

lol you sound like Obama, nice logo btw
February 02, 2014, 04:13:19 PM
Awesome to see my logo is already being picked up by professional people contributing to the Quark community in a big way!

This is where Quark needs to go!!! Imagine this with the current logo... See my point? Style, simplicity, elegance and CHANGE!

Quark Wallet 2 concept by StoneSet:

And then there's DigitalIndustry who wants t-shirts of my designs.. Wink

Why so much support for a slightly polished, but identical logo (with all respect to the designer who's put great effort into the Quark community)? I thought this contest was all about change?
A multicolored logo for Quark makes it difficult to scale.

Activity: 490
February 02, 2014, 03:44:26 PM
Vote for Boxxl Smiley

It's stylish and very professional. I like it. Voted.
Gold one is better than blue one. I vote for gold logo.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
February 02, 2014, 02:45:42 PM
leigrecc

p.s. Quarktalk: Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Connection();
Pages:
Jump to: