Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 106. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
March 27, 2014, 11:41:49 AM
all this time and they are sending out miners that don't even run at 1.2T natively?

yes they native do 1.2 when you have high power on.  I also have cointerra units which dot he same exact thing.  In order to reach benchmark performance you need to turn the board up the highest setting.  cointerra has not even hit their benchmark.  I have not check the power draw but i am planning on doing this tomorrow night.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
March 27, 2014, 11:40:35 AM
How did Mblackout get his unit before anyone else?
Why are 99% of Mblackouts posts on the forum in this AMT thread, or about AMT ??

Why do we still not have pictures of the "pallets of boxes" lol. How about a warehouse full of people assembling miners, which is what it would take to even start getting caught up on orders.
Activity: 420
March 27, 2014, 11:34:00 AM
Until I get my hands on one I won't know for sure any of the details. At this point just by looking at the case its easy to see where the potential flaws could be. That said, if it works it works. And like any good techie worth anything they will want to figure out how to squeeze out every bit of performance out of it.

My first thoughts would be a single fan at the top is not enough to vent the excessive heat. That said the side vent can bring in cool air providing some suction in a more passive fashion. The front fans in the case also provide some more cooling but are blocked by the hard drive mounts in the case so it diffuses airflow and creates less efficient ways.

I cant get a close look at the PSU. So I have no idea what it is or is capable of. If its a 1200 watt PSU then its more than capable of doing what it needs to do and hitting the 1.2Ths mark.
Without a physical unit in hand I wont know anything about the hashing performance.

Hopefully some more people get some of these and post up pics/vids and whatnot so we can start seeing how well they do.
1.2 Mark with 5 modules + 1200 watt PSU is MADNESSSSSSSS and HIGH TOP AMT ENGINEERING COOLING
Make sure that the fireman is around Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ask for your money back Wink
i am giving this peace of crap 10-15 minutes live MAX before blast

Fine qualify your statement as to why you think that would be the case? There are technical people amongst us so we can validate/invalidate those statements. Right now its just madness and get a fireman there.

What are the electrical aspects that would make this wrong to run? Now if its running at 1.2THs turbo mode I think then the 1.2THs nominal mode is a misleading statement. Turbo is meant to be overclocked.
But right now losia you gotta qualify what you just said with a bit more than get a fireman. We know the devices are real enough. The quality is still in question but we need to understand your thinking as to why you think they will burst into flames. Go into as much technical detail as possible so there is no room for misunderstanding.

this is what i mean when i say... tell me one instance AMT has been honest and/or upfront with information. The machine does not even run natively at their posted hashing!! I challenge anyone to provide me an instance where AMT has kept their word. It's crazy how these guys can even think they are going to stay in business. They have fucked up royally and the truth has been exposed in this thread. They have tried to distance themselves from this thread to no avail. They made this shit sandwich - now they get to eat it. They have even gone so far as to try and make the claim we are merely redirecting traffic and subsequent business their way. This is obviously a lie because they don't answer the fucking phones. what person in their right mind would read this thread then call a number only to be told after 10 calls "leave a message" Huh Then again... said individual might be the same person who would make the claim they mailed a $6000 refund check (US MAIL) with NO TRACKING. Let me enlighten those of you still wondering who these people are - THEY DON'T EXIST.

AMT is run by a con artist by the name of Joshua Zipkin.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
March 27, 2014, 11:33:26 AM
all this time and they are sending out miners that don't even run at 1.2T natively?
Wrong They are SENDING NOTHING!!!!
This is just a picture Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
legendary
March 27, 2014, 11:26:27 AM
Until I get my hands on one I won't know for sure any of the details. At this point just by looking at the case its easy to see where the potential flaws could be. That said, if it works it works. And like any good techie worth anything they will want to figure out how to squeeze out every bit of performance out of it.

My first thoughts would be a single fan at the top is not enough to vent the excessive heat. That said the side vent can bring in cool air providing some suction in a more passive fashion. The front fans in the case also provide some more cooling but are blocked by the hard drive mounts in the case so it diffuses airflow and creates less efficient ways.

I cant get a close look at the PSU. So I have no idea what it is or is capable of. If its a 1200 watt PSU then its more than capable of doing what it needs to do and hitting the 1.2Ths mark.
Without a physical unit in hand I wont know anything about the hashing performance.

Hopefully some more people get some of these and post up pics/vids and whatnot so we can start seeing how well they do.
1.2 Mark with 5 modules + 1200 watt PSU is MADNESSSSSSSS and HIGH TOP AMT ENGINEERING COOLING

Fine qualify your statement as to why you think that would be the case? There are technical people amongst us so we can validate/invalidate those statements. Right now its just madness and get a fireman there.

What are the electrical aspects that would make this wrong to run? Now if its running at 1.2THs turbo mode I think then the 1.2THs nominal mode is a misleading statement. Turbo is meant to be overclocked.
But right now losia you gotta qualify what you just said with a bit more than get a fireman. We know the devices are real enough. The quality is still in question but we need to understand your thinking as to why you think they will burst into flames. Go into as much technical detail as possible so there is no room for misunderstanding.

So then - lets start with the cage.
START WITH REFUNDS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!
TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!!!!
STOP LYING!!!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
March 27, 2014, 11:26:22 AM

It will be interesting to see Blackout's power usage, but the Dragon miners went from a hair under 900W @ 1TH/s when they used 4 boards to 1150W @ 1TH/s when running 4 boards. I'm guessing these will pull somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300-1400W at 1.2TH/s. Of course the Dragon miner has a much better case design, so the AMT one might run a little worse as everything in there is going to be toasty warm.

Alright where do we start...  Airflow.. Boards...Backplane.. Cage..  I know this write up is going to take a few hours so lets go ahead and get started.
Start with some pictures, and a system review. It looks like you're using the 1500W Silverstone Strider ST1500 for a power supply, so there should be some headroom there at least.
Please tell me you at least have a pair of 120mm fans mounted to that cage forcing air through the heatsinks, and aren't just relying on the 200mm fan at the top of the case to draw air out.
Activity: 392
March 27, 2014, 11:23:57 AM

So then - lets start with the cage.
legendary
March 27, 2014, 11:20:11 AM

Dude,

I am qualifying this since beginning. You can search my posts if you want.
Let me leave other folks like ISAWIM to say something valuable
Ask for your money. I will say it again ask for your money!
Read bitmine posts HW errors, power draw and regulators design and so on and so on
This is a total crap
In best case scenario you will be able to get 0.9T from it even less. I am not mentioning the fact that cooling DOES NOT EXIST at all Grin But this is another story...
PERIOD

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 27, 2014, 11:13:52 AM

legendary
March 27, 2014, 11:06:48 AM

March 27, 2014, 11:00:41 AM

My first thoughts would be a single fan at the top is not enough to vent the excessive heat. That said the side vent can bring in cool air providing some suction in a more passive fashion. The front fans in the case also provide some more cooling but are blocked by the hard drive mounts in the case so it diffuses airflow and creates less efficient airflow to the boards and the case as a whole. (personally I would have build a custom mount that blows the air into the case at an angle vs just straight in to keep the overall temperatures down. In a setup like this it would work well. 

March 27, 2014, 10:51:33 AM
This is a gaming case retrofitted to do some intensive work. There could have been far better choices to make this happen. All said it works. If the internal cage holding the boards is able to be removed into another case I likely will do that as I already have a spare AZZA genesis case for this workload. That box stays nice and cool despite the insane workloads I toss at it.

Feedback for the gen2 versions of these for AMT, use a case that vents heat better. And if the PSU is any indication more power vs less. Looks like there were costs cut here sadly. The Chinese already have the right idea tossing these into server type chassis. But at the same time for anyone using these in a home/hobby setup, these require a much better ventilated case to overall provide venting for most scenarios. Otherwise people will need to pop open the case for these.

If the power supply is indeed a 1Kw PSU then yea likley wont be running too well at turbo mode. Least not long enough. Easier solution is to replace it with a stronger one. I ran into a similar issue with my Cube block erupters. I started popping 750 watt PSUs on them and I occasionally get hashrates WAY above their rated speeds (they spike up to 65-120Ghs for up an hour or two from their rated 30-40Ghs (could be an anomoly but it does happen from time to time). But I also keep them cool very cool as well as well powered. Those two things at least with that kind of hardware makes a gigantic difference.
legendary
March 27, 2014, 10:51:27 AM
start with where is my refund. you have to over clock these things to hit 1.2TH?
They are a joke dude this things will blow in no time ask for refund!
Activity: 420
March 27, 2014, 10:50:40 AM
start with where is my refund. you have to over clock these things to hit 1.2TH? that's false advertising. overclocking a 1.2Th machine should hit 1.4. you guys wouldn't know the truth if it fucked you.
legendary
March 27, 2014, 10:49:56 AM

Alright where do we start...  Airflow.. Boards...Backplane.. Cage..  I know this write up is going to take a few hours so lets go ahead and get started.
Start with refunds immediately!!!!! or ship two miners instead of one Grin

And make sure they can survive for more than 10 minutes hashhing Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 392
March 27, 2014, 10:44:11 AM

Sellling my pre-order rig #961 for a mere 6.5 BTC.  PM me if interested.

I just realized that we all got a bum deal here.  Look at the backpanel,  it can accomodate only 5 boards.   Each board has 8 coincraft A1 chips, so a total of only 40 coincraft A1.  You can't add an additional board without a new back panel!

AMT appears to be selling a 1 GHs and saying it is 1.2 GHs.  

I may be wrong here,  but if these are Bitmine revision 2.0 boards then we are screwed.

If these are Bitmine revision 3.0 boards... then that's 50 chips ( 10 chips per board)...  and that would be a better situation.

Can you take out the boards and take a photo of them?

two points here

#1  AMT has a bigger back plane and is easily.

#2  Yes this does run at 1.2 in turbo mode.   ( i will be making a video showing hash rate )

So 1.2 Is NOT NOMINAL.   RIDICULOUS!  It's a 1 THs Bitmine.ch system sold as a 1.2 THs AMT system.   No only are they late,  AMT falsely advertised a system that their manufacturer is selling as 1.0 THs as one that is 1.2 Ths.  
It will be interesting to see Blackout's power usage, but the Dragon miners went from a hair under 900W @ 1TH/s when they used 4 boards to 1150W @ 1TH/s when running 4 boards. I'm guessing these will pull somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300-1400W at 1.2TH/s. Of course the Dragon miner has a much better case design, so the AMT one might run a little worse as everything in there is going to be toasty warm.

Activity: 620
March 27, 2014, 10:42:23 AM
mellorbo I also use 290x, I have 4 MSI. As of right now I am doing litecoin mining, but checking out other currencies like Spaincoin. Not sure if that is a scam coin or not. heh.
i have the shitty powercolour reference design ones with the elpida ram so i can only pull 750khs each with fan at 60% otherwise the max i can hit is 830khs with fan at 88% but for my situation the fans at 88% are far too loud Sad
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
March 27, 2014, 10:27:49 AM

I just realized that we all got a bum deal here.  Look at the backpanel,  it can accomodate only 5 boards.   Each board has 8 coincraft A1 chips, so a total of only 40 coincraft A1.  You can't add an additional board without a new back panel!

I may be wrong here,  but if these are Bitmine revision 2.0 boards then we are screwed.

If these are Bitmine revision 3.0 boards... then that's 50 chips ( 10 chips per board)...  and that would be a better situation.

two points here

#2  Yes this does run at 1.2 in turbo mode.   ( i will be making a video showing hash rate )

So 1.2 Is NOT NOMINAL.   RIDICULOUS!  It's a 1 THs Bitmine.ch system sold as a 1.2 THs AMT system.   No only are they late,  AMT falsely advertised a system that their manufacturer is selling as 1.0 THs as one that is 1.2 Ths.  
It will be interesting to see Blackout's power usage, but the Dragon miners went from a hair under 900W @ 1TH/s when they used 5 boards to 1150W @ 1TH/s when running 4 boards. I'm guessing these will pull somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300-1400W at 1.2TH/s. Of course the Dragon miner has a much better case design, so the AMT one might run a little worse as everything in there is going to be toasty warm.
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
March 27, 2014, 10:06:50 AM

two points here

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
March 27, 2014, 09:59:41 AM

Over a thousand watt, a brain dead airflow design and just one fan that does anything useful. Good luck with that. Biomech's little 80GH miner lasted what, 2 months? Im giving this 2 weeks tops before something fries.

well, half of it still works... OUT of the case!

Wish I could say you were wrong.

I'll put a huge fan on the side and open the other side as well...wouldn't want the miner to fry. with a closed box and just turning it on... it might not even last a couple of days. I think its better to be smart and Fan up Cheesy

Actually based on the design and cooling I have the perfect case to replace it...this design just looking at it is inefficient. http://azzatek.com/csaz-9000.html
As it looks like it pulls heat out it needs effective intake to work. A case with an upwards intake from the bottom and exhaust at the top will keep this thing nice and cool. I already use one of these cases in one of my server/workstation builds. This assuming the ATX/EATX form factor is interchangeable. Looks nothing like the original renderings tho lol.

There is a large fan on the top which sucks the heart right out
  I choose to run it with out the side panel .  the side pannel has nice vent on it. You have a good point about the intake.  I will try it with the side panel.

I have the exact same case on my computer, There are fans on the front one up top one on the panel that comes off and one on the back (not including the power supply fan) should give enough ventilation IF all those fans are used.... but the top fan because it is so heavy for the bearings, goes out quickly.
Jump to: