Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 127. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
March 21, 2014, 02:08:20 PM
They could be mining for our refunds. Let's hope that isn't the case.

Giorgio from Bitmine hasn't been much help. I PM'd him asking for an order list of what AMT has purchased from them. They wouldn't disclose that information without AMT signing off on it. Wouldn't it be something if Giorgio informed us that AMT only purchased the chips shown in the pictures?
(Insufficient amount to fulfill what was ordered from AMT).

Perhaps it's time we put some pressure on Bitmine. If they sold chips to AMT who isn't delivering or communicating, they should step up and inform the investors (us) about what was bought from them. It is their product on the line anyways, and the video of Josh and Giorgio talking about how "AMT IS THE OFFICIAL BITMINE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA" ties Bitmine to this debacle.

In other words, once Giorgio decided to star in a video with Josh claiming this: he essentially vouched for Josh to the community. Now that Josh appears to be fucking us over, Giorgio needs to step up and do the right thing.

My guess is that Giorgio is also getting fucked by amt in this whole thing by accoiation. He can't make amt communicate and we don't have any express ed contract with him.I don't know if there is any implied contact with him as chip designer if it's the chip that is defective.

We definitely need to figure out how to tie Bitmine.ch to this mess.

I mean, if you vouched for AMT as "exclusive distributor for U.S.A":

We’re happy to announce that Advanced Mining Technology Inc. has been awarded an exclusive distribution contract for Bitmine’s CoinCraft A1 based products in the USA! Customers from the US can finally purchase miners based on the industry leading CoinCraft A1 technology directly from AMT, a local manufacturer of Bitcoin miners.

Then Bitmine should have some responsibility if they don't deliver.     This is a bit complicated because it spans different countries.

It's simple. If Bitmine wants to "do right", Giorgio will cooperate with us and let us know how much hardware AMT purchased from them. If we knew that, then we could find out if AMT even bought enough hardware to fulfill all of the orders placed for miners.

Maybe we can also find out if AMT has returned any hardware and what they have brought to Bitmine in terms of build/manufacturing issues.

It would be a good starting point.

If Giorgio doesn't want to cooperate with the community, well then Bitmine's name will be smeared along with AMT's. This isn't a threat, just the reality of what happens when you associate with a fraud, and not try to make things right after learning this.

I nominate you to figure out these details!

Best of luck!!

I'll PM him to visit the thread and ask if he can help us out with information.

Don't hold your breath.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
March 21, 2014, 02:03:37 PM

Giorgio from Bitmine hasn't been much help. I PM'd him asking for an order list of what AMT has purchased from them. They wouldn't disclose that information without AMT signing off on it. Wouldn't it be something if Giorgio informed us that AMT only purchased the chips shown in the pictures?

Perhaps it's time we put some pressure on Bitmine. If they sold chips to AMT who isn't delivering or communicating, they should step up and inform the investors (us) about what was bought from them. It is their product on the line anyways, and the video of Josh and Giorgio talking about how "AMT IS THE OFFICIAL BITMINE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA" ties Bitmine to this debacle.

In other words, once Giorgio decided to star in a video with Josh claiming this: he essentially vouched for Josh to the community. Now that Josh appears to be fucking us over, Giorgio needs to step up and do the right thing.

My guess is that Giorgio is also getting fucked by amt in this whole thing by accoiation. He can't make amt communicate and we don't have any express ed contract with him.I don't know if there is any implied contact with him as chip designer if it's the chip that is defective.

We’re happy to announce that Advanced Mining Technology Inc. has been awarded an exclusive distribution contract for Bitmine’s CoinCraft A1 based products in the USA! Customers from the US can finally purchase miners based on the industry leading CoinCraft A1 technology directly from AMT, a local manufacturer of Bitcoin miners.

Then Bitmine should have some responsibility if they don't deliver.     This is a bit complicated because it spans different countries.

It's simple. If Bitmine wants to "do right", Giorgio will cooperate with us and let us know how much hardware AMT purchased from them. If we knew that, then we could find out if AMT even bought enough hardware to fulfill all of the orders placed for miners.

Maybe we can also find out if AMT has returned any hardware and what they have brought to Bitmine in terms of build/manufacturing issues.

If Giorgio doesn't want to cooperate with the community, well then Bitmine's name will be smeared along with AMT's. This isn't a threat, just the reality of what happens when you associate with a fraud, and not try to make things right after learning this.

I nominate you to figure out these details!

Best of luck!!
March 21, 2014, 01:59:24 PM

legendary
March 21, 2014, 01:57:08 PM
BTW... selling my 1.2THs AMT ASIC Miner ... order #961  (Was to be shipped this week, but I received no notification from AMT).

I will entertain all reasonable prices!   AMT sells the unit for $5,500.  PM me with your price!
legendary
March 21, 2014, 01:52:17 PM

Then Bitmine should have some responsibility if they don't deliver.     This is a bit complicated because it spans different countries.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
March 21, 2014, 01:27:52 PM

Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
March 21, 2014, 01:22:16 PM

I did shoot bitmine an email the other day asking them to use there contact with amt to try and get them communicating.  I did drop In the idea that I wasn't sure how vulnerable they would be to litigation  as a Co - defendant in a case against AMT. But I hardly think you could try them in a PA small claims court.
March 21, 2014, 01:14:33 PM

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 21, 2014, 12:38:41 PM
the not so funny thing is... AMT will come on this board and state some more lies soon and everyone will right back at their feet groveling for their miner or refund and kissing their asses.

Like I said...talk is cheap. I agree that might happen. They have consistently not delivered on their promises in this official forum. Even an honest update at this point will be viewed with suspicion until they PROVE they are shipping miners. Honestly they should do what a couple of other mining companies did. BFL and cointerra highlighted a couple of their Pick Up At the office orders and made a blog showing this with pics and all. And maybe a user who is already known on here might go a long way and can vet towards alleviating some of the PR pain they have been dealing with. I'm just saying they could use the positive press because the silence is turning into a potentially costly mess for them.

Actual delivery of hardware will go a long way. That really is the only way for them to regain any credibility with the overall community.

They better do something quickly. The snowball has started down the hill.
legendary
March 21, 2014, 12:37:07 PM
the not so funny thing is... AMT will come on this board and state some more lies soon and everyone will right back at their feet groveling for their miner or refund and kissing their asses.

Like I said...talk is cheap. I agree that might happen. They have consistently not delivered on their promises in this official forum. Even an honest update at this point will be viewed with suspicion until they PROVE they are shipping miners. Honestly they should do what a couple of other mining companies did. BFL and cointerra highlighted a couple of their Pick Up At the office orders and made a blog showing this with pics and all. And maybe a user who is already known on here might go a long way and can vet towards alleviating some of the PR pain they have been dealing with. I'm just saying they could use the positive press because the silence is turning into a potentially costly mess for them.

Actual delivery of hardware will go a long way. That really is the only way for them to regain any credibility with the overall community.

Their supplier Bitmine is having trouble delivering.  The revision 3 boards are still 2-3 weeks away.

AMT has inventory that is just sitting there that's not deliverable.   They've got photos of the units, but I've never seen a photo of a working unit.   At best, they have all the parts and nothing that works!

BTW.... has anyone order just the coincraft A1 chips from them?  They've claimed delivery.

Activity: 532
March 21, 2014, 12:31:00 PM

legendary
March 21, 2014, 12:29:45 PM
Perhaps they are mining coins until the very last moment in which they can get the miners to customers without being liable, then shipping.

We'll see in another 10 days I guess.

Doubtful.  If the had just one 1.2 Th/S they would have shipped it to placate the buyers.  The would have a video of it running.

I don't know why AMT thinks they can get away with not refunding the money.   
March 21, 2014, 12:22:02 PM
Perhaps they are mining coins until the very last moment in which they can get the miners to customers without being liable, then shipping.

We'll see in another 10 days I guess.
legendary
March 21, 2014, 12:19:10 PM
I think it's pretty well established what they have been doing/not doing at this point. Whatever customer support they had, really has gone out the window. They need to start showing some kind of communication to their customers. Public announcements on their website for starters. Something or a mass email to their customers detailing the reason for the delays.

The fact that Josh did not respond to any of the folks who volunteered to help in 'assembly' tells me that there's nothing left to expect from this AMT.

The best we can all do now is help build our legal case against the company.

Can anyone check if they are accepting new orders?  

I want to know that despite failure to deliver, whether AMT continues to accept new orders.

I believe they are. If you look at the 'remaining inventory' left on the newer model miners (2.4/3.2) the numbers have gone down from what they previously were for what's "still avaiable to purchase for April".

Yes.  They appear to be still taking orders.  They also are claiming 6 weeks delivery.

Bitmine at least said that they are not taking new orders.
March 21, 2014, 12:15:50 PM
Well that is where the FTC and other things come into play. The FTC can file on behalf of the consumer. But as they have opted to just largely ignore everyone (even if they are furiously assembling miners but not shipping them) then they still have to contend with the fact that they intended to ship. For all we know they could be assembled and they are mining coins with the hardware. Pure speculation here but easily plausible. Plenty of reasons for concern right now as there is nothing coming from them at this point. We have nothing to show for what we paid. That is the bottom line right now. No refunds it seems either. If anyone actually gets a refund or has heard from them (ISAWHIM you ever hear back from them on the job?) that would be nice to know something at this point.
March 21, 2014, 12:11:10 PM
I think it's pretty well established what they have been doing/not doing at this point. Whatever customer support they had, really has gone out the window. They need to start showing some kind of communication to their customers. Public announcements on their website for starters. Something or a mass email to their customers detailing the reason for the delays.

The fact that Josh did not respond to any of the folks who volunteered to help in 'assembly' tells me that there's nothing left to expect from this AMT.

The best we can all do now is help build our legal case against the company.

Can anyone check if they are accepting new orders?  

I want to know that despite failure to deliver, whether AMT continues to accept new orders.

I believe they are. If you look at the 'remaining inventory' left on the newer model miners (2.4/3.2) the numbers have gone down from what they previously were for what's "still avaiable to purchase for April".
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
March 21, 2014, 12:03:09 PM
March 21, 2014, 11:51:27 AM
Yea no kidding. If that's the case then yea I have to agree with Clenell's opinion on this.
March 21, 2014, 11:50:01 AM
Anyone who has an order that has been "on hold" and was supposed to have received it according to their published schedule is in their right to send a complaint to the FTC, request a refund or a status on hardware. I figure if the FTC sees enough of these complaints they will take swift action to address this. The added scrutiny will at least force some answers out. Since their Tuesday updates have not happened and there is no action on the customer front (regardless of how the customer is if they request a refund they are entitled to it if there has been no product delivery on the promised timeline).

This is a case of overpromise and underdeliver. This forum might not be pleasant for them to read, but honestly they have a severe problem as google has this as the Official AMT forum right under their homepage in search rankings. It is also apparently their only public means of communication with us. They gotta either learn to get thicker skin against those who detract. Reality is talk is cheap. If they show some action in delivery or at least clearly AND HONESTLY show they are wanting to do right by their customers, then they will earn the trust of the community. But as it stands, it's not happening. People are raging with good reason. Money is in limbo. People are genuinly concerned they are being conned. Their lack of communication and lack of action or delivery merits this. Can't just do this with impunity. The repeated promises and repeated failed delivery is also a problem. I still don't think its a scam. I think they are just telling people what they want to hear and are stalling. BUT I do think they brought this on themselves because they lacked communication with their clients namely those of us here complaining.

If AMT thinks its not their fault then they really are out of touch and really don't deserve anyone's business (my opinion here). Sad part is yea they COULD blame trolls or black marketing, but at the end of the day they still had people defending them (myself included), but once they ceased communication with their clients and customers and are now "punishing" them. This became a problem. Trade laws and the FTC exist to regulate exactly this kind of behavior. Refunds are a customer right regardless of any All sales are final clause (ESPECIALLY if no product has been delivered or notification of lateness and a why which is covered under FTC regulation)

Altho there is something else that we need to look at....what's bitmines timeline on delivery for their fixed hardware? And maybe if we light a fire under their ass too we might get answers as to why we are not seeing any news. These delays should be relayed from the resellers as well as bitmine. Sending those who are due potentially faulty hardware as a punishment (according to AMT if its true) is a major problem. The customer requests a refund there should be no screwing around with that. If they are demanding their hardware on the promised timeframe they have that right too. AMT needs to deliver or provide a detailed response as to why its delayed.

This is feedback AMT. Despite all the hate you getting here is some feedback you need to take seriously if you want to avoid the mess that is clearly headed your way. This is in no way intended as a threat its a fact of what is happening with various disgruntled clients that are just wanting real honest answers as to what is happening. If you abandoned this thread to avoid the problem, thats a big problem as it seems to be your only means of communicating with people at this point. There are no mass emails going out to customers, no updates on the website other than the one that states you are accepting orders for april shipping.

Communicate. And by that I mean tell customers what they NEED to hear. Engineering updates and details. Seriously I recommend looking at BFL_josh and following his format of updating people take a page from BFL they are turning it around even if they are still notorious for being late. At least people are not suspecting a scam with them as much any more. It works and people have their questions, but for the most part its civil because he has been making an effort on their forums. OR make your own forums. Does not take much. 15 minutes you can have one up and provide updates.

To show that you still have SOME potential support I will start a forum for you...and privately hand you control of said forum so you can moderate it to your desire. The idea is that you communicate with your client base a bit. Expect an email in your inbox with the info later today.

15 minutes can save you 50 percent or more on....all this stuff happening.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
March 21, 2014, 11:17:56 AM
I also see AMT 1.2T miners on ebay, I am not so sure if these are really "Fakes". Why would a guy with that many positive feedbacks be selling fake miners?

If you read closely, they are typically selling "pre-orders" The idea is that you buy their place in line to wait for the miner. Typically, they state that once you "win" the bid and pay, your relationship is with AMT rather than the ebay seller.

You have to read the detailed description well.
Jump to: