Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 13. (Read 678322 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 12, 2014, 08:51:18 AM

We welcome pickups, if you'd like we can change your status to pickup and we can schedule a time to pick it up.

If you welcome pick ups please email me with a reply on this. I sent 2 separate emails requesting this. I can go today just about any time really since you are shipping out miners anyway. Honestly it would be simpler to just pick these things up and have them arrive intact. As I am doing a review on it would not be a good thing for you to have the unboxing show these things in pieces. As I did arrange originally to pick up my order anyway, this is not anything lost here. But I would like the courtesy of a reply at this point to make the arrangements for pick up.

If had know how poorly they pack these things,   I would have picked up the miner myself!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 12, 2014, 08:49:06 AM

We welcome pickups, if you'd like we can change your status to pickup and we can schedule a time to pick it up.

If you welcome pick ups please email me with a reply on this. I sent 2 separate emails requesting this. I can go today just about any time really since you are shipping out miners anyway. Honestly it would be simpler to just pick these things up and have them arrive intact. As I am doing a review on it would not be a good thing for you to have the unboxing show these things in pieces. As I did arrange originally to pick up my order anyway, this is not anything lost here. But I would like the courtesy of a reply at this point to make the arrangements for pick up.

You are going the kit route right?

If so let me know if you get any documentation with it for set up. Also if it has any issues locating hashing modules. mine seems to not be finding them where they are looking for them and as I can't kill cgminer I'm not sure it's even launching. I can kill python though.

Yea I went the kit route. I will make a point of asking for documentation on the device. If anything I will make a PDF and post it (with their permission). Might help them some too. And it doesn't take me much time to do that as I would be doing it anyway.
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 12, 2014, 08:45:22 AM

You are going the kit route right?

If so let me know if you get any documentation with it for set up. Also if it has any issues locating hashing modules. mine seems to not be finding them where they are looking for them and as I can't kill cgminer I'm not sure it's even launching. I can kill python though.
Activity: 532
April 12, 2014, 08:15:54 AM

April 12, 2014, 08:07:12 AM
AMT,

I have not received new backplanes from you. You said they shipped to me, However; I doubt they would take over 5 days to get here, much less 2 days. What is the status on this?

STATUS UPDATE on mining: At my facility, I have the 1500W plugged into a singular 20A circuit. However, even with my patchwork backplane, it is still only allowing 1-2 CARDS to be detected at 200-300 GH/s. The others show 0 GH/s.

Nearly two weeks INOP now. Much less, I cannot get both miners to work on separate (isolated) 20 A circuits. What is my next step?

~Casey

Did your setup automatically detect the modules? Mine isn't detecting anything.

When I try to do killall cgminer it says no process killed so I don't even think it's starting up properly.

Anyone know how I'd manually launch cgminer? if that is the case?
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 12, 2014, 07:42:09 AM
AMT,

I have not received new backplanes from you. You said they shipped to me, However; I doubt they would take over 5 days to get here, much less 2 days. What is the status on this?

STATUS UPDATE on mining: At my facility, I have the 1500W plugged into a singular 20A circuit. However, even with my patchwork backplane, it is still only allowing 1-2 CARDS to be detected at 200-300 GH/s. The others show 0 GH/s.

Nearly two weeks INOP now. Much less, I cannot get both miners to work on separate (isolated) 20 A circuits. What is my next step?

~Casey

BTW,  do you know if all the cards work in a 2 card configuration?

I got my miner yesterday and it has 3 cards that are physically damaged from the poor packaging.  The two cards on both ends have their power supply input modules damaged.

Also,  do you have a wiring diagram?  What gets hooked where?

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 12, 2014, 07:32:03 AM
It's not just a one off thing getting a smashed miner, if it comes again smashed or not working I really would want AMT to honor a refund.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
April 12, 2014, 07:30:48 AM
AMT,

~Casey
April 12, 2014, 06:38:31 AM
it's a fascinating process isn't it. It's kinda like watching a car accident. You don't want to watch but you keep turning your head towards the accident because it is both horrible and mesmerizing. I keep coming back here to read the posts, the anger, the coolness of some people, the unparalleled incapacity to communicate properly.
The other reason I keep coming back is because, contrary rational considerations, I keep hoping they will reveal their new policy on refunds. They rpomised this a week ago (saying they would publish it that day) and still crickets chirping.

Hey AMT_, how's about an answer? Where's the money?

Why would you want a refund when you can get a miner or kit that ships all smashed up, or fails to hash? isn't that better?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
April 12, 2014, 06:32:26 AM
it's a fascinating process isn't it. It's kinda like watching a car accident. You don't want to watch but you keep turning your head towards the accident because it is both horrible and mesmerizing. I keep coming back here to read the posts, the anger, the coolness of some people, the unparalleled incapacity to communicate properly.
The other reason I keep coming back is because, contrary rational considerations, I keep hoping they will reveal their new policy on refunds. They rpomised this a week ago (saying they would publish it that day) and still crickets chirping.

Hey AMT_, how's about an answer? Where's the money?
April 12, 2014, 06:22:01 AM
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/rikkhaos/media/Untitled.png.html]

This is the message I'm getting in PuTTY
April 12, 2014, 03:35:08 AM
Just noticed the Subject Line of the first email is:

“Your AMT order #1243”

But the order number of the website and email is #1244?

hmm... maybe a mix up with orders and not BTC.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. They probably have your info on a sticky note somewhere in Josh's trunk. Roll Eyes (j.k.)

You know damn well they don't do anything as professional as keep notes.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
April 12, 2014, 02:52:33 AM

“Your AMT order #1243”

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. They probably have your info on a sticky note somewhere in Josh's trunk. Roll Eyes (j.k.)
Activity: 6
April 12, 2014, 02:51:14 AM
Person A with order number #1243 (520ghs) model and gets a (1.2ths) model instead. Ouch for me and Yahoo for them.

Would be nice for them to send me (2.4ths) by accident.  Grin
Heck I would be willing to Peer Review the (2.4ths) model and give up my (1.2ths).
April 12, 2014, 02:44:04 AM

“Your AMT order #1243”

April 12, 2014, 02:37:52 AM
Still no reply on here about it, I will shoot them an email. Hope it wasn't a hack or DOS issue at the time. Huh
legendary
Activity: 1610
April 12, 2014, 02:36:51 AM
Phinn,
Would you be so kind to post 24 h pool graph of your miner performance.

Phin doesn't mine. I doubt he even took it out of the box,
Then I have to wait for other folks to show it.
This shipping disaster has to stop someway......smashed boxes broken parts.....
F....k
April 12, 2014, 02:34:54 AM
Phinn,

Phin doesn't mine. I doubt he even took it out of the box,
legendary
Activity: 1610
April 12, 2014, 02:32:35 AM
Phinn,
April 12, 2014, 02:31:35 AM
Advanced Mining Technology

My first impression of AMT when I order from them was:
"This company looks like a high tech hardware and chip designer. Almost seems like a silicon valley in the East."

Seems like my opinion of them was right. A company with geeks like my self with no clue about marketing or business operations.
High five for learning on the fly you guys, big balls to sink your passions into this tech sector.

Watch the junk responses to this post because I tell it like I see it.
 Cool

--------------------------
PS
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Out of curiosity have you figured out if they ever got you BTC?
Pages:
Jump to: