Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 11. (Read 678322 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 12, 2014, 07:33:01 PM
weve been playing around with mine all day pretty much. i deffinatley need 2 new cards sending out. ive paid for 520ghs and im getting 250ghs. there are no more settings to try with the other 2 cards.

timmyd, have you tried simply leaving the 2 other cards in to simply "warm up".  I know it sounds stupid, but worth a try.  Good luck!

Yes dude the other 2 boards will run for like 1 min. one gets upto 190ghs and the other 170ghs and then chip failures happen and the both eventually die off and shut down.  Undecided

You're having voltage issues similar to James and Reggie, what power supply are you using?

Perhaps you can address the issue I posted here earlier. I would appreciate it. It doesn't seem to be recognizing the cards at all and says no a-1 chip chain found. that is for every board. I posted t a few pages back.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
April 12, 2014, 07:28:18 PM
weve been playing around with mine all day pretty much. i deffinatley need 2 new cards sending out. ive paid for 520ghs and im getting 250ghs. there are no more settings to try with the other 2 cards.

timmyd, have you tried simply leaving the 2 other cards in to simply "warm up".  I know it sounds stupid, but worth a try.  Good luck!

Yes dude the other 2 boards will run for like 1 min. one gets upto 190ghs and the other 170ghs and then chip failures happen and the both eventually die off and shut down.  Undecided

Hmmm dont know if this will help but I had similar issues with my asic cubes. All 5 of my boards would run them after a minute red x on the chips. I opened them up and found that the heat sinks were not tightly screwed on. I screwed them on tighter then restarted. That fixed 3 of the boards. Reopened and tighten the last two boards even more (I was conservative the first time round).  That fixed the last two boards by half. Guess the heat damaged half the chips on those boards.

Anyways, dont know how the amt is made but tought is give my experience for you to look over. Hopefully if this is the case then hopefully you can fix and maybe combiner is shutting those boards down before the chips get damaged.

Let us know if this works or if its not applicable...
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 12, 2014, 07:24:44 PM

You're having voltage issues similar to James and Reggie, what power supply are you using?
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
April 12, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

That sucks.  RMA time.  Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully AMT will come through for you.   Cry
Activity: 532
April 12, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

Mighta missed it but how much power do you have going into it? What PSU do you have? Model and all that? Could be a power issue.
Activity: 714
April 12, 2014, 07:07:23 PM

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
April 12, 2014, 06:56:56 PM

April 12, 2014, 06:49:07 PM
The card that runs is the middle card. the other 2 boards run then shut down. so im just running the middle board at the moment

April 12, 2014, 06:37:57 PM
Does anyone have pics of their set up? With the kits?
Ill post a pick of my rig with the one card running.
April 12, 2014, 05:34:11 PM
Does anyone have pics of their set up? With the kits?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 12, 2014, 05:28:43 PM
Well if ya have verified that it is the cards and not the slot/power connection by trying them in the 1 working spot then ja I'd say an RMA is in order for them.
April 12, 2014, 04:53:37 PM

Tried swapping them 1 at a time into the slot where the 1 card works?
 I'd think should be able to run 1 at a time. just leave the other 2 out/disconnected.

If they can all run alone then sumptin' else is up.
i have. ive found the working card and left tht running at 250ghs. the other 2 ive disconnected. things is i payed alot of money for a 520ghs mschine and im not even getting half tht speed.
April 12, 2014, 04:47:31 PM
I wonder if there is another way to hook up the boards not using their back plane or main board.

It looks like it's recognizing the the backplane as a 5 port usb device according to the system log.

Maybe someone a little more handy can figure out a work around.  Or come up with some better software. with all the A1 chips out now someone has to have something compatible out there. ( I would hope)
legendary
April 12, 2014, 04:43:12 PM

Tried swapping them 1 at a time into the slot where the 1 card works?
 I'd think should be able to run 1 at a time. just leave the other 2 out/disconnected.

If they can all run alone then sumptin' else is up.
legendary
April 12, 2014, 04:39:55 PM
when I putty in and do it it flashes up on the screen quicker that I can read it then goes away, can't scroll to it at all. so I did a quick print screen and caught this:

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/rikkhaos/media/Untitled.png.html

On PuTTY, at the dottom of its window try clicking never close window to see if the info can be scrolled back after the session ends?
Activity: 588
April 12, 2014, 04:31:39 PM
Believe me, I want to get mining. I didn't want it damaged. Thanks for taking care of this. I am sure you techs can repair it and use the power supply, but the Power supply is red, and the back of the case is so smashed in it looks like its touching the circuits and that could be why.

If you'd like we can have some reach out to you and try and walk you through setting it up over the phone. Don't know who is available at 8pm on a Friday but we'll check.

Hey, have someone call me. I was told by josh there would be a video on-line tonight showing how to set up the kit. Since there were no instructions that came with the kit.

This is ridiculous. I received my miner yesterday, with no instructions, and only god knows if anything was missing. I mean I know for a fact it is missing the networking cable that you stated was going to come with it, but who knows what else.

I detailed what is showing when I try to launch the miner can you comment on just what the hell might be going on? I don't pay 5795 for a raspberry pi , so if you could do some explanation or post a damn set of instructions to your website. Or e-mail them to me. I'm going out of town as of this weekend and I'd like to have my miner up and running by then. So what are the chances you can give us some help here?

I guess you guys didn't read my review.  nothing has changed since i got mine in late January.  half-ass packaging for shipping, miner not tested like they said, missing pieces, parts rolling around inside the rig.

Shake out your rig BEFORE you turn it on.  you need to get all the loose parts out of it.  Pretty sad this needs to be said.

Also, don't expect documentation.  Jim is the only tech support.  No documentation included, even though they said it would be.

But hey, you got a rig.   lol  

The last 10 pages of this thread, all describing people's experiences with miners recently received, can be described in 1 word:  

Clusterfuck.
me and mellorbos rig. out of box. 650w psu 700 w psu. one card 204 one 20 one 80. slight tweak of settings. 204 all the way across nominal. 600ghs average. decide two psus not right way to do it. 900w psu working 600 across the boards....... mellor thinks psu is going to melt pci e cable so stops mining untill we get a more robust psu. but all in all working well.
Activity: 267
Stan the Man!
April 12, 2014, 04:19:43 PM

If it's like my 80gh rig, it wasn't assembled properly.  Only 1 of the 2 boards hashed when i got it.  i was missing a USB cable.  I had to take the thing apart, find the documentation on the controller from the controller manufacturer, then re-assemble properly.

sounds like you guys will most likely need to do the same.  Disassemble, re-assemble in a way that looks correct.   so sad.

i dont know which was worse, the lack of miners being shipped, or the train wreck that ensued once the rigs were finally delivered.

if i were in the market for a another rig, i would stay as far away from this rinky-dink operation as possible.   

Over priced heaps of bent to shit parts.

Stan the Man!
April 12, 2014, 04:10:15 PM
Has anyone who received a shipment been provided with a copy of instructions?

No, because there aren't any instructions.

I suggested they type up a 1 page setup sheet, back in January.  

What a mess of an operation they have going there.  I feel for you guys that shelled out $6000 or more.

Really glad they only got me for $1500+shipping.

Activity: 532
April 12, 2014, 04:07:54 PM
Believe me, I want to get mining. I didn't want it damaged. Thanks for taking care of this. I am sure you techs can repair it and use the power supply, but the Power supply is red, and the back of the case is so smashed in it looks like its touching the circuits and that could be why.

If you'd like we can have some reach out to you and try and walk you through setting it up over the phone. Don't know who is available at 8pm on a Friday but we'll check.

Hey, have someone call me. I was told by josh there would be a video on-line tonight showing how to set up the kit. Since there were no instructions that came with the kit.

This is ridiculous. I received my miner yesterday, with no instructions, and only god knows if anything was missing. I mean I know for a fact it is missing the networking cable that you stated was going to come with it, but who knows what else.

I detailed what is showing when I try to launch the miner can you comment on just what the hell might be going on? I don't pay 5795 for a raspberry pi , so if you could do some explanation or post a damn set of instructions to your website. Or e-mail them to me. I'm going out of town as of this weekend and I'd like to have my miner up and running by then. So what are the chances you can give us some help here?

I guess you guys didn't read my review.  nothing has changed since i got mine in late January.  half-ass packaging for shipping, miner not tested like they said, missing pieces, parts rolling around inside the rig.

Shake out your rig BEFORE you turn it on.  you need to get all the loose parts out of it.  Pretty sad this needs to be said.

Also, don't expect documentation.  Jim is the only tech support.  No documentation included, even though they said it would be.

But hey, you got a rig.   lol  

The last 10 pages of this thread, all describing people's experiences with miners recently received, can be described in 1 word:  

Clusterfuck.

Well hopefully at least I get to pick mine up. But this is not a good situation for any one. Especially not them with all the other crap they are dealing with. But hopefully after all this they focus on support. Because if they cant turn this around they are going to fail in a huge way. This is just a messy situation.
Stan the Man!
April 12, 2014, 04:03:48 PM

I guess you guys didn't read my review.  nothing has changed since i got mine in late January.  half-ass packaging for shipping, miner not tested like they said, missing pieces, parts rolling around inside the rig.

Shake out your rig BEFORE you turn it on.  you need to get all the loose parts out of it.  Pretty sad this needs to be said.

Also, don't expect documentation.  Jim is the only tech support.  No documentation included, even though they said it would be.

But hey, you got a rig.   lol   

Clusterfuck.
Pages:
Jump to: