Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 9. (Read 678322 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 12, 2014, 11:05:20 PM
Believe me, I want to get mining. I didn't want it damaged. Thanks for taking care of this. I am sure you techs can repair it and use the power supply, but the Power supply is red, and the back of the case is so smashed in it looks like its touching the circuits and that could be why.

If you'd like we can have some reach out to you and try and walk you through setting it up over the phone. Don't know who is available at 8pm on a Friday but we'll check.

Hey, have someone call me. I was told by josh there would be a video on-line tonight showing how to set up the kit. Since there were no instructions that came with the kit.

This is ridiculous. I received my miner yesterday, with no instructions, and only god knows if anything was missing. I mean I know for a fact it is missing the networking cable that you stated was going to come with it, but who knows what else.

I detailed what is showing when I try to launch the miner can you comment on just what the hell might be going on? I don't pay 5795 for a raspberry pi , so if you could do some explanation or post a damn set of instructions to your website. Or e-mail them to me. I'm going out of town as of this weekend and I'd like to have my miner up and running by then. So what are the chances you can give us some help here?

I guess you guys didn't read my review.  nothing has changed since i got mine in late January.  half-ass packaging for shipping, miner not tested like they said, missing pieces, parts rolling around inside the rig.

Shake out your rig BEFORE you turn it on.  you need to get all the loose parts out of it.  Pretty sad this needs to be said.

Also, don't expect documentation.  Jim is the only tech support.  No documentation included, even though they said it would be.

But hey, you got a rig.   lol  

The last 10 pages of this thread, all describing people's experiences with miners recently received, can be described in 1 word:  

Clusterfuck.
me and mellorbos rig. out of box. 650w psu 700 w psu. one card 204 one 20 one 80. slight tweak of settings. 204 all the way across nominal. 600ghs average. decide two psus not right way to do it. 900w psu working 600 across the boards....... mellor thinks psu is going to melt pci e cable so stops mining untill we get a more robust psu. but all in all working well.

Please guys, get real powersupplys I used 950TX corsairs on a tri sli gtx250 C2Duo machines in the day.  Get a 1500watt single rail, and it will NOT be a power Problem you are chasin. Then we see what is really up.
These machines will never use multirail properly.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
April 12, 2014, 10:53:43 PM
it is real hard to tell from the pic's but it almost looks like the heatsink's are drilled and tapped 10-32 and 8-32 screws.
TOOTS how good of a fit are the screws in the threaded holes? are they a sloppy fit or do they seem pretty close and smooth?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 12, 2014, 10:45:52 PM
In addition to the screws missing on the outside.

Screw missing under cooling fan #1

Second screw missing under cooling fan

Notice the screw that is used for the fan. It wasn't tight and fell out.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 12, 2014, 10:37:24 PM
The AMT administrative office is not open on Saturdays or Sundays so that would not be possible. Surely someone will get back to you on Monday regarding your request for pickup.

We're still working and shipping out over the weekend

Yes, you can handle pickups. You owe it to your customers, since you are horrendously late delivering their miners.

Well you owe to your customers,  not only are you ridiculously late,  you keep shipping damaged merchandise!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 12, 2014, 10:36:08 PM
They should start anyway, despite your PSU's specification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xYWCp2X1nsI#t=509

AMT please turn your attention to this video, I've already done you a favor and it's queued up to the part I need you to watch. Just so you can't blame your product on the power supply. Also I already have another female to female gpio cable on order, made that one last night just incase. sadly I'm going out of town tomorrow and you shipped me non working hardware and or accessories so I won't get this thing up and running until mid way through next week  , maybe, due to your negligence as you didn't properly check everything you shipped.

Again another reason why to pick up (if you can). I can at least get some documentation for the rest of the community at least to reference. There is no reason why it should not be linked on there. BUT if they really are that busy getting our miners together then its something. Plus it insures that I don't have to deal with the horror stories people are reporting here. Clearly its happening as its more than one report of the same exact thing.
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 12, 2014, 10:27:29 PM
They should start anyway, despite your PSU's specification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xYWCp2X1nsI#t=509

AMT please turn your attention to this video, I've already done you a favor and it's queued up to the part I need you to watch. Just so you can't blame your product on the power supply. Also I already have another female to female gpio cable on order, made that one last night just incase. sadly I'm going out of town tomorrow and you shipped me non working hardware and or accessories so I won't get this thing up and running until mid way through next week  , maybe, due to your negligence as you didn't properly check everything you shipped.
April 12, 2014, 10:26:08 PM

NO miner is ever sent out without boards screwed in, period. This is ridiculous.

Obviously it has happened.

No one else has reported screws missing. What was you're order number?

There is also one missing under one of the fans. Trying to get a good picture of that one as well.
April 12, 2014, 10:22:20 PM
A nice USB port.

Activity: 392
April 12, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

NO miner is ever sent out without boards screwed in, period. This is ridiculous.

No one else has reported screws missing. What was you're order number?
April 12, 2014, 10:20:16 PM
What comes in the box.

notice, no instructions of any kind.

April 12, 2014, 10:10:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 12, 2014, 10:05:53 PM
The AMT administrative office is not open on Saturdays or Sundays so that would not be possible. Surely someone will get back to you on Monday regarding your request for pickup.

We're still working and shipping out over the weekend

Yes, you can handle pickups. You owe it to your customers, since you are horrendously late delivering their miners.
Activity: 392
April 12, 2014, 10:04:02 PM

April 12, 2014, 09:44:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 12, 2014, 09:43:56 PM
1.2 miner DIY Kit has arrived and the packaging is awful. The chassis is bent and some of the cards don't have screws holding them in place.

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

and no instructions on how to get this thing up and going.

Good job amt.

mine was bent too. It's looking less and less like a mistake and more like a cool new feature!

Well consider yourself lucky that it is only bent!  I have two boards with the power connectors completely torn off!

Going to have to figure out how to get this replaced.
April 12, 2014, 09:43:46 PM
Amt has requested that I take down the image I pulled off my card, as they don't want it on the internet.
I told them I wanted a working miner like I paid $5795 for.

I just noticed it because I don't usually check to see if I have private messages.

But because they asked so nicely (not really) I'll take it down at their request.

If only they'd honor our requests. You would think they get how this business thing works by now.
April 12, 2014, 09:29:26 PM
1.2 miner DIY Kit has arrived and the packaging is awful. The chassis is bent and some of the cards don't have screws holding them in place.

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

Good job amt.

mine was bent too. It's looking less and less like a mistake and more like a cool new feature!
April 12, 2014, 09:28:33 PM

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

With any luck it will detect your cards.
Activity: 378
April 12, 2014, 09:27:39 PM

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

Good job amt.
April 12, 2014, 09:27:06 PM

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

It's pretty sad when my 2 yr old yells out "That computer is broken! We need to fix this problem!"

If a 2 yr old can instantly see something wrong, why can't the grown people packing this stuff up?
Pages:
Jump to: