Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 137. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 18, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

I am inclined to believe AMT is legit.

[/quote]
I do as well and unfortunately for them, they are as much caught in the problems BitMine's A1 chip has as we are. Actually. more so simply because while individually we buyers are currently out xxxx$, look at their position - they have scores of customers that they are obligated to. EACH who have paid them said monies. Aside from hiding & cowering in a corner like a puppy that got caught peeing on the floor AND shitting a brick in panic (making things worse) they need to communicate. Are they possibly business idiots that thought they could easily get into the OEM miner biz? Apparently so.

A. From day-1 of the chips actually getting into the hands of people to test in the real world - eg, actually connected to hardware - AMT should have at least pointed people to the A1 dev thread. All the chips trials and tribulations are there to be read.

B. They damn well had better be holding BitMine.ch's feet to the fire to do something to make this right with customers. If v1 of the chip is really destined to be an albatross then it is up to BitMine.ch to perhaps setup a program to give Antminers of equal or better total hashing speed to us.

In the end I lay this all at the feet of BitMine.ch. They are the ones who blew it. The chips were late - fine. But these were not pre-production test sample chips sent to a very limited # of testers/build companies to be used to find if they actual work right in the Real World. BM.ch hideously oversold the chip to companies and a lot like AMT & others jumped in head first. And hit a rock...

These seem to me to be pre-production quality chips that were expected to work like the computer sims say they should. Well, as their IP design company Innosilicon and BitMine.ch themselves should know better! I have never ever once heard of a complex chip right enough to be a salable item from the very first spin. At least BitMine.ch is getting the same 'roid rage from their own miner rig customers!

Again, I am NOT defending AMT as a business. They need to look at how GM is handling their recall woes and step up to the plate if they really want to get through this. Hiding is just making things worse. Will it cost them? Yep but they should have planned for something like this and not blindly believed this brand-new design would be plug & play easy.

I *do* understand the mess they and other companies are in over this but: They need to TALK! Heck, at least for smaller miners AMT is a reseller - not builder. Soooo. Get some Ants to give those will take them and also start selling them for cryin'out loud. At least they could bring in some money and have a salable item...
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
March 18, 2014, 05:59:00 PM

Considering he might have millions of dollars of customers' money, it isn't far fetched to think he'd risk everything to 'get rich quick'.

It's a LOT of money.

If he had planned a scam from day one,  do you think we would even know who he is? 

Do you think he would take the trouble to become the U.S. exclusive distributor of Bitmain?

Do you think they would even bother to work with U.S. based contract manufacturers?

AMT is already receiving a ton of inquiries from law enforcement,  they aren't going anywhere until they deliver.

At this point there seems to be no reason to question that. Especially where wire fraud is concerned. Since the trolls here have been hellbent on trolling AMT I gave them the essential tool to do it. The press. This was mostly to call them out. There are only a couple of people here who have a legitimate claim to bitch about their miners. But then again Their attitudes don't help their case. The idea is if their claims are real and there is a real situation then guess what the news will ferret that out. If its BS then guess what, the trolls now are wide open to libel AND slander since they would have gone on TV to slander the company if what they say turns out to be bs.

I am inclined to believe AMT is legit. But I figure giving the trolls the tools to actually do something instead of just talk shit and post Alex Jones type shit might help them actually accomplish a couple of things. The press will actually have the resources and connections to dig up the dirt on both sides. At least in that sense they will work mostly objectively since this is not a political issue. The press can get real information and legit info. I haven't checked but I am guessing the trolls haven't even said anything in taking actual action regarding the press. I will take that as a sign that they doubt their position and are likely just talking shit. The actual customers who feel they need to talk to lawyers should also look at this route. But again, same thing applies. If you have an inkling of doubt in your legitimate position then this should make you question your position. If you are so adamant you are in the right then contact the press let them know what is going on (remember in this they are on your side until they see the truth (if your version of it isn't the truth). But know the second they come back with the fact you are lying and have proof of it, well the jig is up. I am challenging those who are talking all sorts of smack to try to get the press involved. I am curious to see what happens. I think there are other more level headed people here who are as well.

You're an idiot. I wouldn't be surprised if you were working for AMT or Josh himself. No one that shells out this kind of money for hardware, and gets nothing in return wouldn't be nearly as positive as you seem to be.

Go shill for AMT elsewhere.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 18, 2014, 05:03:34 PM

Considering he might have millions of dollars of customers' money, it isn't far fetched to think he'd risk everything to 'get rich quick'.

It's a LOT of money.

If he had planned a scam from day one,  do you think we would even know who he is? 

Do you think he would take the trouble to become the U.S. exclusive distributor of Bitmain?

Do you think they would even bother to work with U.S. based contract manufacturers?

AMT is already receiving a ton of inquiries from law enforcement,  they aren't going anywhere until they deliver.

At this point there seems to be no reason to question that. Especially where wire fraud is concerned. Since the trolls here have been hellbent on trolling AMT I gave them the essential tool to do it. The press. This was mostly to call them out. There are only a couple of people here who have a legitimate claim to bitch about their miners. But then again Their attitudes don't help their case. The idea is if their claims are real and there is a real situation then guess what the news will ferret that out. If its BS then guess what, the trolls now are wide open to libel AND slander since they would have gone on TV to slander the company if what they say turns out to be bs.

I am inclined to believe AMT is legit. But I figure giving the trolls the tools to actually do something instead of just talk shit and post Alex Jones type shit might help them actually accomplish a couple of things. The press will actually have the resources and connections to dig up the dirt on both sides. At least in that sense they will work mostly objectively since this is not a political issue. The press can get real information and legit info. I haven't checked but I am guessing the trolls haven't even said anything in taking actual action regarding the press. I will take that as a sign that they doubt their position and are likely just talking shit. The actual customers who feel they need to talk to lawyers should also look at this route. But again, same thing applies. If you have an inkling of doubt in your legitimate position then this should make you question your position. If you are so adamant you are in the right then contact the press let them know what is going on (remember in this they are on your side until they see the truth (if your version of it isn't the truth). But know the second they come back with the fact you are lying and have proof of it, well the jig is up. I am challenging those who are talking all sorts of smack to try to get the press involved. I am curious to see what happens. I think there are other more level headed people here who are as well.
March 18, 2014, 04:49:06 PM

It's a LOT of money.

No, but they could of set themselves up to fail from day one. They could of also planned to actually run the miners, creating delays during said time: then deliver late.

Who knows? Unfortunately AMT won't update anyone as to what is going on, and even if they did it'd be hard to believe them at this point.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
March 18, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

It's a LOT of money.

March 18, 2014, 04:21:32 PM

This IS NOT just an American matter. They have taken payments from Internationals as well (at least based on their website). When Josh Zipkin flees back to Bulgaria, I hope our European friends might give a helping hand when that day comes.

I remember seeing that guy Kevin on TV selling his 'miracle cures' crap. Funny, didn't know he ended up in jail. There was always something fishy about that guy.

Well,  I honestly doubt that Josh is dumb enough to commit wire fraud.    I gather he lives in Haverford, PA which is quite an afluent community.  His family appears to also comes from there.   So I doubt he plans on throwing all of that away to perpertuate a fraud.

I still think AMT is legit,  unfortunately they run a terrible business.

It's a LOT of money.
legendary
March 18, 2014, 04:19:42 PM

This IS NOT just an American matter. They have taken payments from Internationals as well (at least based on their website). When Josh Zipkin flees back to Bulgaria, I hope our European friends might give a helping hand when that day comes.

I remember seeing that guy Kevin on TV selling his 'miracle cures' crap. Funny, didn't know he ended up in jail. There was always something fishy about that guy.

Well,  I honestly doubt that Josh is dumb enough to commit wire fraud.    I gather he lives in Haverford, PA which is quite an afluent community.  His family appears to also comes from there.   So I doubt he plans on throwing all of that away to perpertuate a fraud.

I still think AMT is legit,  unfortunately they run a terrible business.
March 18, 2014, 04:08:22 PM

So urgent actions are neded

Urgent action?  Like what kind of action?
If you can make tax authorities to see if they pay taxes and investigate them. Just file some sort of complain for money wandering or whatever you think will bring their attention to AMT and George  as as a person
Then go to court. Some urgent REAL legal action which will scare them. And they will contact you immediately Grin mark my words. The refund preferable or your miner will be coming shortly.
No matter what we write here they just do not care. T is useless to mention you hav Los your investment already so just as for full refund if you can take this as advise

Why should we take advise from someone who doesn't even live in America and can't even get a visa to America?  

We already posted the legal action that one can take earlier.  That is ... Delaware Consumer Affairs and Small Claims court.

I think you should get lost also.  This is an American matter to be handled by American consumers in the appropriate manner.

Wire-fraud is a very serious offense in the USA.   Here is an example of a guy who sold 'weight loss books'... he got 10 years in jail.  http://www.businessinsider.com/best-selling-author-kevin-trudeau-gets-10-years-in-prison-for-massive-deception-2014-3  

So AMT even intends on not delivering 1.2 THs miners or not refunding customers for not delivering,  they and their employees are going to spend a long time in jail.

legendary
March 18, 2014, 03:42:58 PM

If you can make tax authorities to see if they pay taxes and investigate them. Just file some sort of complain for money wandering or whatever you think will bring their attention to AMT and George  as as a person
Then go to court. Some urgent REAL legal action which will scare them. And they will contact you immediately Grin mark my words. The refund preferable or your miner will be coming shortly.
No matter what we write here they just do not care. T is useless to mention you hav Los your investment already so just as for full refund if you can take this as advise

Why should we take advise from someone who doesn't even live in America and can't even get a visa to America?  

We already posted the legal action that one can take earlier.  That is ... Delaware Consumer Affairs and Small Claims court.

I think you should get lost also.  This is an American matter to be handled by American consumers in the appropriate manner.

Wire-fraud is a very serious offense in the USA.   Here is an example of a guy who sold 'weight loss books'... he got 10 years in jail.  http://www.businessinsider.com/best-selling-author-kevin-trudeau-gets-10-years-in-prison-for-massive-deception-2014-3   

So AMT even intends on not delivering 1.2 THs miners or not refunding customers for not delivering,  they and their employees are going to spend a long time in jail.
legendary
Activity: 1610
March 18, 2014, 03:15:32 PM

legendary
March 18, 2014, 02:19:24 PM

Urgent action?  Like what kind of action?
legendary
Activity: 1610
March 18, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
We should do a betting pool.

200 Page thread before anyone gets a 1.2TH miner.

I remember this post.

We are almost there!!!!
Let's do another betting pool! 300 threads before anyone received the mysterious 1.2TH miner.

In all honesty, I was hoping to be wrong. Let's see what happens.

Clennel: You called Josh, what did he say? Has anyone spoken to anyone from AMT recently?

Looking very dire now. They say models are shipping, then disappear off the face of the earth.  Undecided They really need to start issuing refunds before this gets uglier.
Teu will postpone miners delivery as long as they can to mine and just before it gets uglier they will deliver the crap Grin
March 18, 2014, 01:13:30 PM
We'll give you an update on where we are at every Tuesday, how about that?

It's Tuesday again! Think AMT will bless us with another non-update?

Hmm missed that post. If they do that at least thats good. Its something. If it at least highlights what they are currently working on. Some communication is better than none. And they have been at least posting up pics of what they have been doing. Hopefully we hear more about what is going on and particularly how the bitmine issue is affecting them (or if they worked around it some how)

Dude seriously? You really need to take AMT's dick out of your mouth. I guarantee that your ass kissing won't get you a miner sooner than anybody else.

You also need to go back and read this thread again.
March 18, 2014, 01:10:25 PM

I remember this post.

We are almost there!!!!
Let's do another betting pool! 300 threads before anyone received the mysterious 1.2TH miner.

In all honesty, I was hoping to be wrong. Let's see what happens.

Clennel: You called Josh, what did he say? Has anyone spoken to anyone from AMT recently?

Looking very dire now. They say models are shipping, then disappear off the face of the earth.  Undecided They really need to start issuing refunds before this gets uglier.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
March 18, 2014, 12:48:37 PM

Hmm missed that post. If they do that at least thats good. Its something. If it at least highlights what they are currently working on. Some communication is better than none. And they have been at least posting up pics of what they have been doing. Hopefully we hear more about what is going on and particularly how the bitmine issue is affecting them (or if they worked around it some how)

im fairly certain dopieum has missed a lot of posts.
March 18, 2014, 12:00:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
March 18, 2014, 11:51:31 AM

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
March 18, 2014, 11:02:07 AM

I remember this post.

We are almost there!!!!
March 18, 2014, 10:09:04 AM
@Clenell and Phin and all the Alex Jones types
Here is some other advice as this "douchebag" is not above helping even the biggest asshole from potentially going to jail or getting his ass sued off over his own stupidity (as big of a dick as you are you don't deserve that though nothing you have said or done here based on what happened to you warrants that). If you want results or at least communication then the best thing I would recommend (which seems to work great in NYC area for similar type of things and I have personally gotten results from this method as well) Is contact the press. They can have a field day with this especially with bitcoin being such a big deal in the news these days. Bad news always draws in press. It will put the PA Attorney General on the spot and due to the publicity behind this action will have to be taken by someone. Now that being said if you are wrong guess what. That comes back on you in a really bad way. But the press angle will work if they are indeed the scam you claim they are. Give it a go. I really truly dare you on this. You do have a leg to stand on here tho documentation wise so it could work in getting results for yourself at least and maybe others waiting on refunds. But honestly if they run with this it could actually work in everyones favor including AMT as they get some publicity that helps their legitimacy or at least lights a fire under their ass to communicate with customers (which needs to happen). BFL had to do this because of a lawsuit. So now they post weekly updates.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/channel?section=resources/inside_station/station_info&id=7104840

Recommended framing of contact with them if you want to get their attention:

ABC News,

I have been working with a local Haverford Business Advanced Mining Technologies http://advancedminers.com
They are a business that focuses on mining bitcoin. They are a bitcoin hardware company. Due to the amount of scams on the internet it appears they may be one as well. I had requested a refund from them for non-delivery of product (1.2Ths miner or whatever you got) and they have not delivered. I requested a refund on (date of refund) and have not gotten it back despite repeated communications with them. While this matter is my own I also noticed there are others (point them to this forum) in a similar situation. Because of the nature of bitcoin and such I think it would be of great interest to many viewers to know more both about this hardware industry but also the nature of some of these businesses so anyone else looking to do this can be spared my experience. I think its important that people don't get caught up in the hype and wind up losing lots of money.

Sincerly

Of course you could write it in your typical redneck asshat way if your writing here has been any indication and get no results. They wont want to deal with you the same way AMT appears to want to avoid you like the plague.

They will look at this thread and see what is going on. Maybe some flags will be raised and it might bring some attention to this subject of preorders in this industry and how to handle it. And hey maybe because of this some legislation comes about that manages how these things are handled in the future. Not all legislation is bad. Most of all I want to see how this plays out and how much of what you have said has been true and what has been omitted by both sides.

I would be most interested in seeing what they turn up. For those who have been wronged by them send your info to the news outlet. But I do agree if they did not give you your refund when they said they would they are now in the wrong. OR a miner when they specifically told you they would then AMT is certainly in the wrong here. But if you want to get some press around this ABC is a good way to go. The affiliate will pick this story up locally and with all likelihood it will take off from there on a national level and expose BFL and others too. I will keep an eye on the news. And you know what? If you turn out to be dead wrong I will be loling hilariously (like the douchebag I am) at what comes next with you. I dare you and all the other Alex Jones types to contact ABC with this story. See if they run it. They love exposing scams and stuff like this. If its legit you look like the douchebags. For the moment I am inclined to believe they are legit but are running behind because of bitmines issues which are pretty clearly documented elsewhere in this forum. But you are totally entitled to your refund as well. For all your asshattery I won't knock that. Noone should screw around with your money.

PS Note one thing. They were clear on their delivery being By the end of March. Least with my own communications with them and what they had on their website. There are a few days left. So they do have to deliver by then or give a well documented reason why it's late they owe paying customers that much. But it is worth checking it out. Our getto investigations arent going anywhere but a press pass and a camera crew with investigative reporters might get some more results. But give the info you guys got and let the press vet it and run with it. Might actually get some results. OR you get loled as insane conspiracy theorists. Either way its worth a shot to see where it goes and what comes of it. I posted just ABC. however there are a ton of other newspapers and affiliates in philly. Give it a go. This douchebag DARES YOU. Hell I DOUBLE DARE YOU lol.

I do think tho the press route will get results if it gets their attention. Might not hurt for those who are having order issues to contact them. Chances are you will not need an attorney as a rep from the AG's office will contact you if it makes the news. Despite the asshattery Craig displays towards me and others, I think he is still in the right to request and get his money back. OR get a miner from them. But neither has happened so I am giving him an option because its not likely at this point the legal road will work without substantial assistance. Me I want the truth of the matter. If they have delays I want to know why. We all do. We who invested money deserve answers that we are not getting by any means of communication at this point. I have been keeping objective for the most part. But I think the fact is they need to communicate because even those on their side are getting a bit itchy on why they went silent. This is a fact not an opinion. But I think the news route will get the results we need as noone wants that kind of negative attention. And if they don't open their doors to the press its a HUGE problem for them when its the AG or a marshall, or the FBI showing up at their door for wire fraud. The bankcrupcy thing likley will not work out well for many of them especially if now the banks have to get involved (and considering their hostility to bitcoin they likely will want to)
legendary
March 18, 2014, 09:47:14 AM
Anyone who believes they will receive a check or 1.2+ TH miner from AMT is delusional at this point. When we sent them money we gambled and lost. If you have the time and patience, your only recourse is legal, and only on the criminal side. Civil proceedings to try to get your money back will be fruitless. I've seen this with other scammers like AMT.

Civil proceedings have their merit.

I think most folks can't see the big picture here.  There are much bigger customers who have purchased from AMT,  these folks have a lot more legal muscle to ensure that they protect their investments. 

I have no interest in seeing anyone going to jail.  My only interest is a return on my investment.

That is the target, and I suggest everyone stick on topic.  Making the jump to a criminal accusation does not serve anyone's interest at this point.
Jump to: