Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 39. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 06, 2014, 10:35:29 PM
So in theory I could run this setup through a proxy correct? I prefer to proxy my systems for monitoring purposes. Is this an option in their interface? Or is there an SSH management setup for it?
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
April 06, 2014, 10:26:56 PM
AMT posted pictures on the product page... Nice way to draw in new customers (because that's going to happen)... http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/1-2ths-bitcoin-miner/ Honestly guys, if you ship and people here have proof and everything is great, THAT and only that is how you will be able to gain more customers..... Well and maybe dropping the price Wink

Oh, and what about that MPP thing?

i have received my miner form AMT.  they have shipped.
sweet hows it going?

going well.  running smooth.  They have a nice interface running on a rasberry pi running cgminer in the background
Activity: 588
April 06, 2014, 10:22:32 PM
AMT posted pictures on the product page... Nice way to draw in new customers (because that's going to happen)... http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/1-2ths-bitcoin-miner/ Honestly guys, if you ship and people here have proof and everything is great, THAT and only that is how you will be able to gain more customers..... Well and maybe dropping the price Wink

sweet hows it going?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
April 06, 2014, 10:21:31 PM
I received mine. Obviously.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
April 06, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

Activity: 102
April 06, 2014, 09:35:17 PM

I'm talking about the 1.2, my friend.
Activity: 105
April 06, 2014, 09:03:18 PM
It's only fried in a small string because I kept messing with them, and trying to adjust them. It isn't unfix-able, I may try soldering when I go to work tomorrow.

My soldering skills are good, I just haven't done it in quite a while. I fixed the other board, but after dicking around I messed it up again.

Bottom line, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH POWER BEFORE YOU RUN THESE!

God....I can't stress that enough, I could have avoided 5000 problems because of this.

Meh, I'll try my luck, obviously 25 BTC is too high :-P

Like I said, I tested all the cards, they run TURBO MODE at 275-300 GH/s

10 cards in the case.

~Casey
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 06, 2014, 08:38:21 PM

April 06, 2014, 08:15:10 PM

legendary
April 06, 2014, 07:48:56 PM
Image of the day:

https://advancedminers.com/

Hi All,   (updated 2/1/2014)

We're Advanced Mining Technologies and we're located in Haverford, PA.

The way I read it, AMT is operating two different companies. Then again, I'm just a fuckin' idiot that needs serious clinical help.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
April 06, 2014, 07:47:55 PM
"and still show on amt record as on hold despite numerous "

That ain't it - they just do not update the account pages. Period. Mine has been "On Hold' since the night I made the order despite them getting my check and it being deposited 4 days later.
the purchased miner shows as processing.

Sometimes, sometimes not.
April 06, 2014, 07:45:47 PM

That ain't it - they just do not update the account pages. Period. Mine has been "On Hold' since the night I made the order despite them getting my check and it being deposited 4 days later.
the purchased miner shows as processing.
legendary
April 06, 2014, 07:27:01 PM

If I may ask, which bank did AMT use?: Eagle National Bank (Haverford, perhaps); TD Bank in the same town where Josh has used as a mailing address at least once; or some other.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
April 06, 2014, 07:26:54 PM
LOL. 25-27 BTC for a broken miner?

Its an AMT miner. They are so rare they carry a large collector's premium.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 06, 2014, 07:24:05 PM
If you are interested in my x2 1.2TH/s miners, PM me. I will sell in HAND for 25-27 BTC to the highest bidder.. I'll even pay for shipping.

LOL. 25-27 BTC for a broken miner? You could buy cloud mining for that price and not have to worry about maintenance and electricity costs.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 06, 2014, 07:05:45 PM
The current rate I am at...I am thinking about selling my miners.

I cannot get these backplanes to function right. It may be my power, but before this board issue, I tested all the boards and they function correctly.

It may have been my fault, but if you are good with soldering: All the module boards work fine, you would just have to solder the backplane boards.

They seem to be burning out in the same spot. Maybe cold solder joints?

If you are interested in my x2 1.2TH/s miners, PM me. I will sell in HAND for 25-27 BTC to the highest bidder.. I'll even pay for shipping.

At this point, its just easier to cover my losses, and play the market for BTC.

~Casey

Def. agree with what was said about trying to get the new rev boards.

On the burnt joints: do the boards have more than 2 layers?  I'm thinking crappy plated vias (now possibly even worse from frying) connecting the internal layers coupled with the ROHS mandated Pb-free solder making for bad connections.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 06, 2014, 06:57:16 PM

April 06, 2014, 06:44:06 PM
Interesting... I placed my order on December 5th (#899) and was told my delivery would be in February. Interesting you placed an order after mine but was told a shipping date prior to mine....

Regardless, no PM, email, phone calls, or anything updating me on status.

Not 100% sure, but I think you also paid more than we did too, or did you get it at the price-change too?... The price dropped about $500, I think, by the time I placed my order. Then it dropped another $400 after I placed my order. Roughly that much, I believe. So, the order I am getting now, is the same as the guy who paid $400 less then me, and $900 less than you?

Original price was: $6499 ??
My price was: $5999
New price is: $5599

The website said, it would ship in 4-6 weeks, as well as the reassuring post in the forums. Quote is still there, "All 1.2Th/s miners will ship in 6 weeks or less." If we ordered it before the 14th of Dec. That was after the news from Bitmine.ch, about the chips "now shipping". (Just before the storms, which delayed the delivery until Feb.)

I have no idea what time-frame they offered to those customers, prior to those dates. I imagine sales were stalling, so with the news, they promised earlier deliveries, to get more sales before the holidays.

Interesting, in re. the price drops. Kinda goes along with my latest theory that AMT only received dozens of orders, oppose to hundreds, having many pre-orderers staying away from them due to the myriad uncertainties at the time.

Surely, if orders were flooding in, AMT wouldn't have dropped the price not once, but twice in such close proximity. They played the we-sold-and-delivered-FPGA-miners game to a handful of buyers, but still couldn't muster up enough sales in spite of their quasi-favorable price point for their 1.2 TH/s bitcoin miners.

If I'm not mistaken, the couple batches of chips they received from Bitmine, some were simply resold via AMT's site.

Meanwhile, AMT is mining awhile at some undisclosed location - with free electricity to boot. It's times like these that I wish I was born a Jewish Bulgarian Freemasons Gimp, so that I can dance with pretty Jewish girls in black and white striped short dresses and fuck my fellow man.

i had been looking over amt's products for a few weeks before purchasing, and during this time i was looking for the "best" price for btc i could get. to do so tho resulted in me having to "compleete" orders to get the actual btc price, once i found the price i was happy to pay (or had spare) i purchased. but this may have resulted in a few ghost orders not paid up, these showed and still show on amt record as on hold despite numerous "i don't require this order" correspondences. possibuly half if not 2/3 of amt orders could be like this.
legendary
April 06, 2014, 06:31:07 PM
Interesting... I placed my order on December 5th (#899) and was told my delivery would be in February. Interesting you placed an order after mine but was told a shipping date prior to mine....

Regardless, no PM, email, phone calls, or anything updating me on status.

Not 100% sure, but I think you also paid more than we did too, or did you get it at the price-change too?... The price dropped about $500, I think, by the time I placed my order. Then it dropped another $400 after I placed my order. Roughly that much, I believe. So, the order I am getting now, is the same as the guy who paid $400 less then me, and $900 less than you?

Original price was: $6499 ??
My price was: $5999
New price is: $5599

The website said, it would ship in 4-6 weeks, as well as the reassuring post in the forums. Quote is still there, "All 1.2Th/s miners will ship in 6 weeks or less." If we ordered it before the 14th of Dec. That was after the news from Bitmine.ch, about the chips "now shipping". (Just before the storms, which delayed the delivery until Feb.)

I have no idea what time-frame they offered to those customers, prior to those dates. I imagine sales were stalling, so with the news, they promised earlier deliveries, to get more sales before the holidays.

Interesting, in re. the price drops. Kinda goes along with my latest theory that AMT only received dozens of orders, oppose to hundreds, having many pre-orderers staying away from them due to the myriad uncertainties at the time.

Surely, if orders were flooding in, AMT wouldn't have dropped the price not once, but twice in such close proximity. They played the we-sold-and-delivered-FPGA-miners game to a handful of buyers, but still couldn't muster up enough sales in spite of their quasi-favorable price point for their 1.2 TH/s bitcoin miners.

If I'm not mistaken, the couple batches of chips they received from Bitmine, some were simply resold via AMT's site.

Meanwhile, AMT is mining awhile at some undisclosed location - with free electricity to boot. It's times like these that I wish I was born a Jewish Bulgarian Freemasons Gimp, so that I can dance with pretty Jewish girls in black and white striped short dresses and fuck my fellow man.
April 06, 2014, 06:00:16 PM
Yeah,

If anyone wants them, PM me or message me on this board.

I will sell them outright, but preferably trade for BTC.

~Casey

At 25 BTC, thats not such a great deal... At current rates would cost about $5,500 per miner. Can get a dragon off of ebay for $4,000 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1TH-s-Bitcoin-Miner-Machine-with-COINCRAFT-28nm-ASIC-Chips-with-PSU-VMC-Ant-/171290319704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e1b2db58
Pages:
Jump to: