Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 43. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253
April 05, 2014, 03:02:39 PM
I think people are giving AMT a break because they have been a little more forthcoming as of late. That or they feel that everything there is to say has been gone over so many times that now it just feels like were talking to CLennel's hand. Wink

AMT
just because people are being nicer is no reason to go silent on us again. How about an update.

What is the status on the 6 board back plane?
What is the ETA on power supplies?
Do you have a plan on how you are going to deal with the MPP due to the further delays?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
April 05, 2014, 03:01:00 PM
unless the moderators have been over active, this place has been far too quiet of late. nothing from amt, and not much from other daily posters. hmmmmm.

I'm still watching and waiting, opting not to post much so that I don't add clutter to this thread in respect for those who've ordered from AMT and should have their miners in-hand any day now according to AMT's postings.

oh yeah thats what i forgot supposed to have a tracking number yesterday lmao.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 05, 2014, 02:37:36 PM
unless the moderators have been over active, this place has been far too quiet of late. nothing from amt, and not much from other daily posters. hmmmmm.

I'm still watching and waiting, opting not to post much so that I don't add clutter to this thread in respect for those who've ordered from AMT and should have their miners in-hand any day now according to AMT's postings.
April 05, 2014, 02:32:15 PM
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 04, 2014, 10:10:41 PM
AMT When will you be able to ship my two 1.2's for order #899? Like I said, if it speeds the process up I will fly from Austin to pick them up. Please let me know either here, in a private message, by email or even phone (I've left my number a few times for you all). Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 04, 2014, 07:17:18 PM
And if you DIY the wiring & sockets, read the package/bin it's in. In the US 120v 20/25A sockets will have one side that has both vertical and a horizontal slot whereas a 'normal size' 220v socket will be one vertical and 1 horizontal (and the horizontal one is on the other side so ya can't stick the wrong voltage plug into the wrong socket). Easy to confuse when looking. Been there, done that...

Hmm, I see my activity counter is stuck again. Been at 42 for several days... HHGTTG thing?
April 04, 2014, 05:20:36 PM
Do we have any updates today AMT? Perhaps best practices on the power requirements and such. These types of things would be good for either putting them in a residence on a dedicated circuit (appears 30Amp is the recommended for more than one unit).

Delivery estimates for the DIY kits? Obviously some people are getting them.

Thanks

You can do the math yourself, no need to ask anyone. Let's do a quick lesson.

P= IxE
P = Power
I = Current
E = Volts

So, 120v x 20 amps = 2400W

Now take away 20% or so is the code.

So 20amp circuit you don't want more than 2000W on it.  So two 1500W AMT miners on 20amps is a no-no.

Always check with your electrician.

so on uk 240v  power its 240v * 20 amp = 4800w or do the boards run 120v as standard
this now confuses me. will i be blowing boards or houses up for fun here. lol

In the UK the supply voltage is 240V therefore the amps would be 1500w/240v = 6.25A. In the USA (with a supply of 110v) the amps would be 1500w/110v = 13.64A.  (sorry I made a mistake, its 110V in USA)

All you need to remember is the formula 'amps = watts/voltage'

I can't believe these things are going to take up a full 20 amp circuit.

ahhhh you forgot to mention the amp maths for us dummys, so i just used your a reting sooo its 240v x 6.25a = 1500w dead

GREAT JOB! Here is a handy chart for you.

mmmm pie
April 04, 2014, 05:11:30 PM
Do we have any updates today AMT? Perhaps best practices on the power requirements and such. These types of things would be good for either putting them in a residence on a dedicated circuit (appears 30Amp is the recommended for more than one unit).

Thanks

P= IxE
P = Power
I = Current
E = Volts

So 20amp circuit you don't want more than 2000W on it.  So two 1500W AMT miners on 20amps is a no-no.

so on uk 240v  power its 240v * 20 amp = 4800w or do the boards run 120v as standard

In the UK the supply voltage is 240V therefore the amps would be 1500w/240v = 6.25A. In the USA (with a supply of 110v) the amps would be 1500w/110v = 13.64A.  (sorry I made a mistake, its 110V in USA)

All you need to remember is the formula 'amps = watts/voltage'

I can't believe these things are going to take up a full 20 amp circuit.

ahhhh you forgot to mention the amp maths for us dummys, so i just used your a reting sooo its 240v x 6.25a = 1500w dead
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
April 04, 2014, 04:45:29 PM
Here's a good thread on electrical:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3811413

30A breaker ------> 10 AWG wiring -------> NEMA L6-30R outlet ------> AP9571 (w/ L6-30P plug).
You now have 5760W of mining power, done right and safe.  The PDU gives you 12 outlets so no matter how your rigs are configured you are good to go.

Scroll to the last page or so for a few links to appropriate plugs.
April 04, 2014, 04:28:29 PM

Thanks

P= IxE
P = Power
I = Current
E = Volts

Activity: 6
April 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM
The 1.2T miners that AMT sells come with 1500W power supplies. It's pretty much common sense. Like I said, a 20amp dedicated circuit will do fine.

Now, if you plug and air conditioner, a hair dryer and plasma TV and sump pumps on that same 20amp circuit, you will overload it since a 20a would take up to 2000W for sure. I Thought that was obvious, but I will state it here so you know.

1 1.2T miner draws about 10 amps.   You should only put 1 miner per 20 am circuit. 

if you are want to run multiple per circuit you should run 208 30 amp.   You could run 3 miners.     ** Check with you electrician.

30 Amp circuit will not work because of the plug.  Most plugs (wall sockets) are 15 Amps and the ones with the little 90 degree T on one side are 20 Amps.

So the best way to do it is like this:

(1) 20 AMP Breaker, (1) 20 Amp Plug (wall socket) per machine.  Each AMT will draw 10 to 12 AMPs.  That is to say, you will only be using 12 Amps of a 20 Amp circuit/plug.  This way you never have to worry about blowing circuits etc. You're electrical is now bulletproof.  Building it right from the start will save you time and headaches in the future.

****No I'm not an electrician Kiss 
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
April 04, 2014, 03:33:23 PM
The 1.2T miners that AMT sells come with 1500W power supplies. It's pretty much common sense. Like I said, a 20amp dedicated circuit will do fine.

Now, if you plug and air conditioner, a hair dryer and plasma TV and sump pumps on that same 20amp circuit, you will overload it since a 20a would take up to 2000W for sure. I Thought that was obvious, but I will state it here so you know.

1 1.2T miner draws about 10 amps.   You should only put 1 miner per 20 am circuit. 

if you are want to run multiple per circuit you should run 208 30 amp.   You could run 3 miners.     ** Check with you electrician.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 04, 2014, 01:56:48 PM
Well for heating cooling needs in common units:
BTU/hr=Watts x 3.4129
1 Tonne=12,000 BTU/hr

so 1,500w is same as 5119.350 BTU/hr heating/cooling or 0.4266 Tonne (cooling units) to be accommodated.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
April 04, 2014, 01:36:57 PM

Yeah thanks for clarifying Grin
AMT
Where are my 10 btc? Grin
Where are the precious miners?
Are you hashing with them?
Why you are still not delivering?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg5094491;topicseen#msg5094491
200 pages ago Grin
Activity: 532
April 04, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Thanks

P= IxE
P = Power
I = Current
E = Volts

So 20amp circuit you don't want more than 2000W on it.  So two 1500W AMT miners on 20amps is a no-no.

The point is guidance from them specifically on the subject. The formula is sound obviously. But its mostly just updates I am looking for any kind of news that things are progressing. But having best practices from them on how to run these would be nice vs hearing it in a forum (altho at this point it is what I am asking for). Not everyone reads this forum so if they documented this kind of stuff for people less savvy it would be better so they get less complaints back on what could be self inflicted issues. Or the person who decided to run their miner on a 20A circuit with other stuff on it and managed to burn their home down.

If they could provide documentation with their kits finished or otherwise it would be a nice to have. Plus provides them with some liability from lawsuits on that front. That is why manufacturers often put weird ass clauses as to how NOT to use their products. I bought a lamp recently that stated not to shower with it.....likely because someone actually did.
Activity: 6
April 04, 2014, 12:33:33 PM
Did anybody get a tracking number for their DIY Kit yet?  Hoping to get mine soon.
Activity: 532
April 04, 2014, 12:21:23 PM

Thanks
April 04, 2014, 09:59:26 AM
It would be nice if the phone was answered when  I call. I wonder what the best time is. I just want to know when my kit will ship.
i called around 1-2cet or about 4/5 uk time got hru to them on option 3.
Activity: 620
April 04, 2014, 08:25:40 AM
I only ordered one from AMT but BFL I ordered multiple miners. I don't know which all I will review. I won't talk about late shipping and all that.  Perhaps I set up both 1T miners and check them every day. Make a chart of uptimes etc.

I will do wattage test also since I have a display to show watts and amps.

I want to also compaire against ANT S2 and I am looking into Dragon miners...
good good. where will you be mining them? if you dont mind me asking. as i will be trying alts due to price and diff as is. because it will not make the £26 a day iv calculated it will cost to run btc directly

unless my maths is wildly off. price per unit is roughly 0.19p pkw

i took a m8s word for the above. wildly out, calculated myself and came out at this £5 a day £30 a month.
Was gonna say... At home my rate inc all taxes etc. is 15-cents/kWhr and the 4 Ants are just over $4/day while right now taking in on average 35-45 $/day. several good days recently @ >$65/day. LOVE that pool I'm in Cheesy Will probably soon move my lil' pharm to out our shop where its only 7-cents...

he worked it out not at 15p a kw but £15 per kw. bet he wont admit it was him tho.
so i will shame him

MELLORBO
looks like i gotta go edit previous posts about the not making power cost
haha yes i hold my hands up to that one lmao i did work it out at £19 instead of £0.19   my bad
i thought it seemed extremely expensive lmao
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 04, 2014, 06:46:32 AM
It would be nice if the phone was answered when  I call. I wonder what the best time is. I just want to know when my kit will ship.
Pages:
Jump to: