Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 50. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
April 02, 2014, 02:38:33 PM
Now i wished the whole Bitcoin market would crash. and be worthless. Then Josh would be broke ass and if its true has a 2nd Mortgage on his house he losses everything I think that would be sweet payback.
leave now. btc market crashes we all loose.

anyone with experience with these miners are they easy enough to set up to mine alts and chap and change pools??? i imagine it to be like a bat file for cgminer
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
April 02, 2014, 02:37:15 PM

Josh, stop spending money on Glamour Shots and send me my refund!

he must be friends with the girl from Napoleon Dynamite.  LOL

What's he looking at anyways?

I think he might be eyeing the light bulbs above, thinking about a way to steal them on his way out of the glamour shots office.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
April 02, 2014, 02:33:47 PM

he must be friends with the girl from Napoleon Dynamite.  LOL
Activity: 420
April 02, 2014, 02:31:09 PM

This is the man behind AMT miners. This is the man lying his ass off to everyone who purchased a miner. I want my refund Zipkin.

Stan the Man!
April 02, 2014, 02:30:42 PM
Now i wished the whole Bitcoin market would crash. and be worthless. Then Josh would be broke ass and if its true has a 2nd Mortgage on his house he losses everything I think that would be sweet payback.

bitcoin is well on it's way to fulfilling your wishes.  dropping like a rock, and will probably go lower once the chinese read the latest news, about the govt going after exchanges and what "nut" on top of the bank restrictions.
Activity: 620
April 02, 2014, 02:28:10 PM
that's the twist tie that came with it.  never bothered to untwist the power connection, thus leaving the silica pack.

basic laziness.
ahh ok was just curious
Stan the Man!
April 02, 2014, 02:27:46 PM
for a 2nd psu, try this

just a piece of paperclip jumpered between the green wire, and the black wire next to it.  Look it up before you proceed, i dont recall the pin #s off hand.  easy to do, and mine's been fine for months.  no heat or anything.

may i ask why u have a silica pack attached?

To keep moisture out? Duh.
box fresh

exactly!  out of the box, paperclip in place, powered on.  why do the extra work of undoing the factory bundle job on the cable, when it wouldnt need to be extended.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 02, 2014, 02:26:42 PM
Stan the Man!
April 02, 2014, 02:26:13 PM
that's the twist tie that came with it.  never bothered to untwist the power connection, thus leaving the silica pack.

basic laziness.
April 02, 2014, 02:26:02 PM
for a 2nd psu, try this

just a piece of paperclip jumpered between the green wire, and the black wire next to it.  Look it up before you proceed, i dont recall the pin #s off hand.  easy to do, and mine's been fine for months.  no heat or anything.

well which retard puts electrical equipment where there is moisture, Duh.
surely thats electric 101.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
April 02, 2014, 02:25:20 PM
What happened to posting a few users' whose orders shipped tracking information here? I cannot find the post, but AMT did say they would do that. Just wondering because I have a relatively low order number and I was looking forward to something tangible that shows the actual shipments. I was not counting on it of course, but I was just wondering.
Activity: 588
April 02, 2014, 02:24:55 PM
for a 2nd psu, try this

box fresh
April 02, 2014, 02:22:47 PM
for a 2nd psu, try this

April 02, 2014, 02:16:40 PM
for a 2nd psu, try this

April 02, 2014, 01:56:08 PM
See this post for jumpering your power supply, I use another solution to do this as I've said (but I can't find the link). Yes, as you said put the green and black pins together. If you want to just start a PSU without a motherboard, jumper the green to any black. I've done his myself to start a PSU with no motherboard, and it works.  I used a paperclip just as a temporary fix.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-jump-together-two-power-supplies-to-run-one-motherboard-31357

do not use a paperclip. buy a $5 power supply tester.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
April 02, 2014, 01:48:35 PM
Casiriah,

Can you describe (a) how you tested to backplane to determine WHERE the open connection(s) were?, (b) did you just reflow the solder to repair?, (c) how you are powering the boards without the backplane (I know you said USB, but flowing 1500 watts through a USB power supply and wires will melt them, so you must have some other means in mind), and perhaps most importantly, (d) how you know they hash if you haven't been able to power them up yet?

I told AMT I would take the DIY option for my two orders so I am hoping to see a package in the next day or two.  Not holding my breath on that of course.  My 2 Chinese dragons will probably arrive before the AMT does and will hash at the same 1 Th/s and lower power.  So disappointing but if I could at least get the AMT's up and running this week I might make up 1/2 of my investment in them.

Yep, found out both backplanes were fried from what seems to be a COLD solder joint.

I have soldered one and its working...err....better...waiting for my USB hub and 20 pin to USB adaptors to come in, I am not wasting my time with this thing. :-P
Stan the Man!
April 02, 2014, 12:39:41 PM
Yep, found out both backplanes were fried from what seems to be a COLD solder joint.

I have soldered one and its working...err....better...waiting for my USB hub and 20 pin to USB adaptors to come in, I am not wasting my time with this thing. :-P

Can you explain this? If it was a cold solder joint, re-soldering would have fixed the problem and made a good connection between board and pin. A cold solder joint means it would have been an intermittent connection. Often this happens when a robot does the soldering when mass creating circuit boards, and the calculation is wrong because if dissimilar metal and the heat calculations. For instance, you make all your calculations, but one of the pins is not the same metal you made the original calculation on. If you re-soldered the joint and you still have a problem, then it was not a cold solder issue after all. This was the problem in my 1999 Pontiac GTP with the heads up display, the HUD was sometimes dim or intermittent. The undocumented fix was to take out the circuit board and resolder the joints, after that was done it worked. Either it will work or not, if you re-solder the joints it should work. If it doesn't there is another kind of issue going on.

What do you mean it works "better"? ... You said it was "fried" but also said it works? "fried" would imply the backplane does not work anymore...

Need some more details on this from you...

This is what Quality Control testing is for.

LOL.  QC and AMT do not go together in the same sentence.   Unless you're talking about the lack of it.
Stan the Man!
April 02, 2014, 12:38:08 PM
for a 2nd psu, try this

April 02, 2014, 12:09:08 PM

Can you explain this? If it was a cold solder joint, re-soldering would have fixed the problem and made a good connection between board and pin. A cold solder joint means it would have been an intermittent connection. Often this happens when a robot does the soldering when mass creating circuit boards, and the calculation is wrong because if dissimilar metal and the heat calculations. For instance, you make all your calculations, but one of the pins is not the same metal you made the original calculation on. If you re-soldered the joint and you still have a problem, then it was not a cold solder issue after all. This was the problem in my 1999 Pontiac GTP with the heads up display, the HUD was sometimes dim or intermittent. The undocumented fix was to take out the circuit board and resolder the joints, after that was done it worked. Either it will work or not, if you re-solder the joints it should work. If it doesn't there is another kind of issue going on.

What do you mean it works "better"? ... You said it was "fried" but also said it works? "fried" would imply the backplane does not work anymore...

Need some more details on this from you...

This is what Quality Control testing is for.
April 02, 2014, 11:08:35 AM

so you received a package of unworkable garbage?
Pages:
Jump to: