Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 54. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 01, 2014, 06:09:57 PM
To put it all into context so you understand it i shall paraphrase the whole lot into one example for you here goes.
you walk into mcdonalds buy an apple pie. there isnt one ready but you paid, they cant refund you because you paid by card so they offer you a 6 minute wait or sundae. either way you luck out you have a wait for what you want or you get icecream but you wanted pie .

If you pick the sundae, AMT will deliver you a bowl full of sour milk and call it a sundae. Enjoy!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 01, 2014, 06:01:39 PM
Definition of the word nominal - far below the real value.

The definition implies it would do more than 1.2Th/s which it does not.

These miners are 1Th/s only, and 1.2Th/s is the maximum speed in turbo mode maxed out, not the nominal speed.

Even by your Wikipedia article, the miner does not ship out doing a 1.2Th/s average speed. It only does that 1.2T maxed out to the gills.

A 2T hard drive is a 2T, it' the OS that makes it appear less has nothing to do with marketing. You do realize most of what you are posting is bad information?

The lesson is now over...

I think at this point everyone is in agreement that it is misleading no matter how its termed. That is the point being made. Everyone is arguing over something they are in agreement with.
And as for the hard drive analogy it is technically right but misleading just the same. Marketers use the higher number. http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/172191en

And yes its mathematically correct but misleading to customers who are expecting 20Tb instead getting 18 due to how pretty much all OSes read the drives. A simpler explanation.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245851-32-hard-disk-label-actual-capacity-difference-excessive

Again marketing plays a role. It is misleading to most people who have no idea about these things. So not wrong information. No one gets a drive that advertises 2Tb and gets 2000Gb in the OS regardless. That is the expectation the average non-technical person has. The lesson is now over.....
Activity: 588
April 01, 2014, 05:55:48 PM
Definition of the word nominal - far below the real value.

The definition implies it would do more than 1.2Th/s which it does not.

These miners are 1Th/s only, and 1.2Th/s is the maximum speed in turbo mode maxed out, not the nominal speed.

Even by your Wikipedia article, the miner does not ship out doing a 1.2Th/s average speed. It only does that 1.2T maxed out to the gills.

A 2T hard drive is a 2T, it' the OS that makes it appear less has nothing to do with marketing. You do realize most of what you are posting is bad information?

The lesson is now over...

beg to differ i bought a 1tb hdd  and after its partitions so it can work as a hard drive i am left with around 99.8% usable memory maybe i should sue kingston hmmmm........
April 01, 2014, 05:42:14 PM
The kits are not 1.2Th/s miners, they are 1Th/s miners that when overclocked they can hit the max of 1.2Th/s. That is not what was advertised. What was advertised was a 1.2Th/s so in Turbo mode it should have gone to 1.5Th/s or something like that.

agreed. i cant wait for this miner to show up and only be 1TH... just another piece of ammo to use in my arsenal of legal woes against AMT. i also hope they follow through with their promise of sending me a miner with no power supply - more ammo! I hope you guys get your miners before I'm through with AMT.
1,200 GH/s nominal performance ( + / – 10% )
this gives it a performance of 1080ghs minimum and 1320ghs max i do believe nowhere does it state that 1.2 is the minimum speed of the unit. we presume that as it says 1.2 that is stock not in over clock mode, but if it can do 1.2th in normal or in oc mode whats the difference? i dont see how you can find a reputable lawyer who will go oh it does 1.2ths overclocked, as described.  thats wrong il fight for you.

if you dont understand the difference between "native" and "OC" I cant help you - nor do I have the patience to try.

man, you really think you are going to win over AMT and curry some favor with your shipment? you are nothing more than a peon to them. i think it's sad they are throwing you bones and you salivate like Pavlov's dog.
whoa hold your donkeys bud i didnt ask whats the difference between native and oc. did i? i said if it does 1.2 in oc then the unit does 1.2 end of. my question was what is the difference if it does 1.2 in oc or native. it does 1.2 as it says so its hard to stand up in court and use that as an argument. but lets say it did only 850 in oc then that is an argument you can use.

notice how companies like KNC and EVERY other mining company's advertised speed is a MINIMUM! but nooooo.... NOT AMT. these assholes conned us into thinking these were native run 1.2TH. You have to burn the damn things up to try and get 1.2. Pull your head out of your ass and read every reputable mining companies advertised speeds and tell me AMT is not in the wrong. If a mining company was in the wrong they tried to make up for it. These guys are insulting you by trying to actually give you LESS.

That is only partially true with other manufacturers. Cointerra advertised a speed and got a fair bit less less. Pretty much had to make up for it in for form of upgrades. That said tho, nominal speed was a correctly chosen word here. Case in point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_versus_nominal_value. If they had used average speed or minimal speed then as 1.2Ths, yes they would be very wrong. The meaning of the word nominal is what really is at question. "real" speed here is really 1Ths Turbo mode 1.2Ths is something they might want to clarify. It is somewhat misleading if you don't know the meaning of the word nominal. Not defending AMT, but they could correct this information to reflect a more clearly communicated speed. It is a vague term really. So technically speaking they are right.

That said the term nominal here is misleading in either case. A simpler 1Ths normal mode 1.2Ths turbo would simplify things ALOT. It can still hold the 1.2Ths miner title even with that. At that point its just marketing. Storage manufacturers do it all the time. How often do you buy a drive that is 2TB but really it is not? It is mostly because of how they calculated it and its a marketing tactic.

Cannot really hold this one over AMT as it is sort of an industry practice. That said clarification on the modes would be good to put on the main page. There are a few out there that already have 1Ths miners that have a turbo mode that goes into 1.2Ths. And for a bit less now. Prices are rapidly dropping.
thanks. again someone who understood what i was saying as far as its mis leading per say but not wrong.
April 01, 2014, 05:30:40 PM
The kits are not 1.2Th/s miners, they are 1Th/s miners that when overclocked they can hit the max of 1.2Th/s. That is not what was advertised. What was advertised was a 1.2Th/s so in Turbo mode it should have gone to 1.5Th/s or something like that.

agreed. i cant wait for this miner to show up and only be 1TH... just another piece of ammo to use in my arsenal of legal woes against AMT. i also hope they follow through with their promise of sending me a miner with no power supply - more ammo! I hope you guys get your miners before I'm through with AMT.
this gives it a performance of 1080ghs minimum and 1320ghs max i do believe nowhere does it state that 1.2 is the minimum speed of the unit. we presume that as it says 1.2 that is stock not in over clock mode, but if it can do 1.2th in normal or in oc mode whats the difference? i dont see how you can find a reputable lawyer who will go oh it does 1.2ths overclocked, as described.  thats wrong il fight for you.

if you dont understand the difference between "native" and "OC" I cant help you - nor do I have the patience to try.

man, you really think you are going to win over AMT and curry some favor with your shipment? you are nothing more than a peon to them. i think it's sad they are throwing you bones and you salivate like Pavlov's dog.
whoa hold your donkeys bud i didnt ask whats the difference between native and oc. did i? i said if it does 1.2 in oc then the unit does 1.2 end of. my question was what is the difference if it does 1.2 in oc or native. it does 1.2 as it says so its hard to stand up in court and use that as an argument. but lets say it did only 850 in oc then that is an argument you can use.

notice how companies like KNC and EVERY other mining company's advertised speed is a MINIMUM! but nooooo.... NOT AMT. these assholes conned us into thinking these were native run 1.2TH. You have to burn the damn things up to try and get 1.2. Pull your head out of your ass and read every reputable mining companies advertised speeds and tell me AMT is not in the wrong. If a mining company was in the wrong they tried to make up for it. These guys are insulting you by trying to actually give you LESS.

That is only partially true with other manufacturers. Cointerra advertised a speed and got a fair bit less less. Pretty much had to make up for it in for form of upgrades. That said tho, nominal speed was a correctly chosen word here. Case in point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_versus_nominal_value. If they had used average speed or minimal speed then as 1.2Ths, yes they would be very wrong. The meaning of the word nominal is what really is at question. "real" speed here is really 1Ths Turbo mode 1.2Ths is something they might want to clarify. It is somewhat misleading if you don't know the meaning of the word nominal. Not defending AMT, but they could correct this information to reflect a more clearly communicated speed. It is a vague term really. So technically speaking they are right.

That said the term nominal here is misleading in either case. A simpler 1Ths normal mode 1.2Ths turbo would simplify things ALOT. It can still hold the 1.2Ths miner title even with that. At that point its just marketing. Storage manufacturers do it all the time. How often do you buy a drive that is 2TB but really it is not? It is mostly because of how they calculated it and its a marketing tactic.

Cannot really hold this one over AMT as it is sort of an industry practice. That said clarification on the modes would be good to put on the main page. There are a few out there that already have 1Ths miners that have a turbo mode that goes into 1.2Ths. And for a bit less now. Prices are rapidly dropping.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
April 01, 2014, 05:11:44 PM
Well, I am going to need a miner that gets 1.2Th/s Nominal coin miner as promised. After all this time I waited, I am not going to accept a downgraded solution as well as sign all my right away for parts. Most other mining companies offer extra boards or higher has rates. Not this one, they offer lower hash rates.

ding ding ding ding!!! a man that get's it!
April 01, 2014, 05:11:04 PM
Lets look at the facts. AMT advertised: (And still does on the front page of their website)

1,200 GH/s nominal performance

Now, with the parts, or even when they do ship your miner you will not get 1.2Th/s Nominal.

What you will be getting is a miner with 1,000 GH/s or 1T nominal performance.

AMT fanboy is not understanding this concept.
is that all you can come up with? fan boy! whoop di doo. im crying i really am.
this is the last i will see of you trust me

i dont need to come up with anymore. you have your head so far up AMT's ass it's funny.
April 01, 2014, 04:54:48 PM
Lets look at the facts. AMT advertised: (And still does on the front page of their website)

Now, with the parts, or even when they do ship your miner you will not get 1.2Th/s Nominal.

is that all you can come up with? fan boy! whoop di doo. im crying i really am.
this is the last i will see of you trust me
April 01, 2014, 04:53:37 PM

April 01, 2014, 04:53:01 PM

notice how companies like KNC and EVERY other mining company advertised speed is a MINIMUM! but nooooo.... NOT AMT. these assholes conned us into thinking these were native run 1.2TH. You have to burn the damn things up to try and get 1.2. Pull your head out of your ass and read every reputable mining companies advertised speeds and tell me AMT is not in the wrong. If a mining company was in the wrong they tried to make up for it. These guys are insulting you by trying to actually give you LESS.
presumption is the mother of all evil they didnt con you you conned yourself. if i ordered a 1.2 and got 1 out of it native 1.2 oc id be happy for one reason it does 1.2 if it runs hotter cool it with something.
April 01, 2014, 04:50:34 PM

April 01, 2014, 04:49:00 PM

and i am not i repeat not asking to win over amt or currying anything.
April 01, 2014, 04:43:21 PM
To be fair, most other manufacturers had the same problem. Cointerra or KnC I believe had performance issues that they had to compensate for with other upgrades and such. There were quite a few of these instances with the 1+ THS miners. Not that this excuses anything, just saying this is what has been happening across the board. Only 1+THs miner that seems to work exactly as advertised is the Antminer S2.
April 01, 2014, 04:35:10 PM

please notice how companies like KNC and EVERY other mining company advertised speed is a MINIMUM! but nooooo.... NOT AMT. these assholes conned us into thinking these were native run 1.2TH. You have to burn the damn things up to try and get 1.2. Pull your head out of your ass read every reputable mining companies advertised speeds and tell me AMT is not in the wrong. If a mining company was in the wrong they tried to make up for it. These guys are insulting you by trying to actually give you LESS.

April 01, 2014, 04:26:41 PM

this gives it a performance of 1080ghs minimum and 1320ghs max i do believe nowhere does it state that 1.2 is the minimum speed of the unit. we presume that as it says 1.2 that is stock not in over clock mode, but if it can do 1.2th in normal or in oc mode whats the difference? i dont see how you can find a reputable lawyer who will go oh it does 1.2ths overclocked, as described.  thats wrong il fight for you.
April 01, 2014, 04:08:17 PM

Activity: 267
Stan the Man!
April 01, 2014, 03:47:16 PM
We've gotten a good amount of guys that would be ok with receiving just the kit.

The kit would include the following:

5 modules in the cage that is posted below.
The main board, back plane and gpio cable which connects the two.
Raspberry PI and SD-card which includes the operating system and user interface as well.
Fans - either 8x 80mm or 2 x140mm.
Network Cat 5 cable.

Accepting the above just gets your order out faster. It does not include order upgrades or power supplies (as we're short on PSU's anyway).

[/url]

Clients which opt for this setup ship within 2-3 days (or sooner).

We see clients are taking it out of the case anyway so we figure maybe its best to ship like that and ship faster.

Let us know via [email protected]

Will customers that OPT for a DIY setup get any money back (case/psu) that aren't supplied with the order?

Can you ship everything (including case/psu) and let us assemble the miners ourselves?

We don't have the PSU's in stock, We are currently on the phones with all the distributors in frickin chino trying find more. We were due to get a large shipment of supplied in Wednesday, we just found out that's not gonna happen for another two weeks.

Refunds or partial refund will not be given for the loss of the case or psu.

Express shipping will be used for shipping the case, so if the original order opted for domestic ground, there is a 100 dollar added value there.

If we do free upgrades of the 6th module ( we will make a decision on that next week when the new backplane comes in on Thursday or Friday, and we have had time to reprogram the re-address of each module (it will take time) we may give priority to those who accepted the kit now.

But also please keep in mine, no single PSU could power 6 boards anyway, despite the wattage of the supply. This has to do directly with the power displacement within the rails of the psu. PSU's sold in the US max out at 175watts per cable. Therefore its almost impossible to get 250watts per cable off more than 4 cables in a PSU.

Yep.  Money goes in, but does not come back out.  Could have asked me, I would have told you exactly what they just told you.  I had fedex refund the shipping costs on my order, back to AMT.  did i get the $160 returned to me?  Hell NO!!  Did thy honor the MPP, and send an upgrade, even though it was obvious at the time an 80GH rig would not ROI within 6 months(or 5 months, since it was a month late), if ever?  Not just No, but Hell NO!

What makes you guys think you're special, and they will suddenly start honoring the MPP, or start giving refunds for ANYTHING?  lol  I suppose one can hope and wish.  But, like my Dad has always told me.....  wish in one hand, and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first.

Good luck guys.  Shaft incoming.
April 01, 2014, 03:46:56 PM
I didn't order a bunch of parts, nor did I order "only" a 5 board miner. It's been since the first week of Feb. it is now April and not a word from AMT on my miner shipping. I am order #958 which was ordered DEC of last year. At this point I just want a refund since the parts idea is a half-baked sloppy last minute solution to get customers to go away.
what did you order? as far as i knew there was a 520ghs miner and 1.2ths 5 board miner as an option.....
April 01, 2014, 03:38:45 PM
For my part I opted for the DIY kit. But to get any repeat business from me (or from anyone else really) it is going to take A huge incentive for me to want to come back. Repeat business is the staple of any consumer oriented business. With my order with BFL, they tossed a coupon that gave me 50 percent off the same miner I paid for....their forums exploded in LULZ over those offers so much they pulled back and are coming up with something better (since competitors are out competing in compensation). It was insulting to say the least considering BFLs even more massive delays. With AMT I paid for 1.2Ths miner so that is what at bare minimum I expect. I am getting a DIY kit which basically is the system without a case and PSU. Personally I can live with that so long as they find a way to make it up to me and others going this route.

I bought into the whole MPP. Other manufacturer/resellers out there have had similar pains in delivery, performance. Companies like cointerra and KnC are compensating customers where they previously had no "MPP". Right now this is a competitive advantage to those other guys to retain customers. AMT "should" take advantage of it if they want any hope of repeat business. Most other companies don't even officially have one and they have been using that model to keep people. That is AMT should at least try to honor considering the mess. But for them to have continued business it will take alot of work and sacrifice to make people consider them again. On a more positive note AMT has been starting to turn the corner on things and getting the miners out. Until the first groups of people receive and review them we wont know anything concrete.

I'm taking a DIY because if the parts themselves work I can put it together and make it work. The expectation is that it will. Otherwise the mess they are in now will get worse if it goes beyond a few people with issues with the DIY kit. But For all intents and purposes I imagine they are trying to make this right. Figure a month from now (or page 1500) we will know if this is the case or not.
+1
this is all iv been trying to get across the people who can sort out a kit psu then your laughing because you can opt for a kit due to amt not having the psu from the supplier. those who cant have to wait no option in this but i get trolled to hell on my gramma.
April 01, 2014, 03:34:40 PM
For my part I opted for the DIY kit. But to get any repeat business from me (or from anyone else really) it is going to take A huge incentive for me to want to come back. Repeat business is the staple of any consumer oriented business. With my order with BFL, they tossed a coupon that gave me 50 percent off the same miner I paid for....their forums exploded in LULZ over those offers so much they pulled back and are coming up with something better (since competitors are out competing in compensation). It was insulting to say the least considering BFLs even more massive delays. With AMT I paid for 1.2Ths miner so that is what at bare minimum I expect. I am getting a DIY kit which basically is the system without a case and PSU. Personally I can live with that so long as they find a way to make it up to me and others going this route.

I bought into the whole MPP. Other manufacturer/resellers out there have had similar pains in delivery, performance. Companies like cointerra and KnC are compensating customers where they previously had no "MPP". Right now this is a competitive advantage to those other guys to retain customers. AMT "should" take advantage of it if they want any hope of repeat business. Most other companies don't even officially have one and they have been using that model to keep people. That is AMT should at least try to honor considering the mess. But for them to have continued business it will take alot of work and sacrifice to make people consider them again. On a more positive note AMT has been starting to turn the corner on things and getting the miners out. Until the first groups of people receive and review them we wont know anything concrete.

I'm taking a DIY because if the parts themselves work I can put it together and make it work. The expectation is that it will. Otherwise the mess they are in now will get worse if it goes beyond a few people with issues with the DIY kit. But For all intents and purposes I imagine they are trying to make this right. Figure a month from now (or page 1500) we will know if this is the case or not.
Pages:
Jump to: