Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading - page 10. (Read 723558 times)

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
anyone having problems with margin trading? I Im not able to open margin positions or place orders on same trading pairs.
 it says: xxxyyy is not currently available for leveraged trading. but there is funding available for both coins in the pair  Huh
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
How long withdrawals usually take ? Last time a few months back Bitfinex's ETH "processing" before transaction took about 2 hours.

Now XRP withdrawal has been under "processing" like 3 hours or so. Just curious, not really complaining (yet)...

cheers

edit: it took 7½ hours to get those ripples moving...  Roll Eyes  kind of eats the idea of quick handling of value. i mean 15mins would ok, but this hours long waiting...  Undecided
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Where did hogner say that the lawyer had access since March?

Tether doesn’t print USDT on a whim, they print it based on demand. They didn’t just stop printing USDT, the demand for additional USDT is not there.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
It is interesting to see that the outstanding USDT are indeed backed as of June 1st, but stating
that Tether/BFX cannot have sold Bitcoin (or other cryptos) in advance is either disingenuous or a blatant
case of a non sequitur.

Even you must admit that the lack of evidence that any Tethers were ever 'printed' without being fully backed is making the whole conspiracy theory look very silly now.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
It is important to note that this date was chosen by the law firm and tether did not know the date the bank balance was confirmed until after the fact. This means tether/Bitfinex cannot have sold bitcoin in order to raise sufficient USD to prepare to have their balance match on that date.

Yes, that is completely impossible, Quickseller!

Oh, wait:
But Hoegner said the law firm had "unfettered access" to Tether's bank balances beginning in March,
even though the report only addresses the balances of one day.

So basically the law firm only had access to data from March to June. This is precisely the period where the
Tether "FUD" was at a low level and Tether refrained from issuing hundreds of millions of USDT every few days.

The much more relevant and interesting time period before March (e.g. March 2017 - February 2018) has been
completely omitted.

It is interesting to see that the outstanding USDT are indeed backed as of June 1st, but stating
that Tether/BFX cannot have sold Bitcoin (or other cryptos) in advance is either disingenuous or a blatant
case of a non sequitur.

Standard example of a non sequitur:
1. The universe has had a beginning.
2. Therefore it also must have an end!!

The Quickseller non sequitur in question:
1. All USDT are backed as of June 1st, 2018.
2. Therefore Tether/Bitfinex cannot have sold any Bitcoin to prepare for the balances to match!!

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Why does the LTC withdrawal take so much time? I have to wait for 3-5 hours at least
copper member
https://www.coindesk.com/tether-review-claims-crypto-asset-fully-backed-theres-catch/

Well, on June 1st USDT was fully backed 1-1 and more according to a prestigious law firm contracted to have a sift through Bitfinex/Tether's shit. That doesn't speak for any other day in the past and we'll probably never know whether it was naughty, but going forward, there it is.
It is important to note that this date was chosen by the law firm and tether did not know the date the bank balance was confirmed until after the fact. This means tether/Bitfinex cannot have sold bitcoin in order to raise sufficient USD to prepare to have their balance match on that date.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
https://www.coindesk.com/tether-review-claims-crypto-asset-fully-backed-theres-catch/

Well, on June 1st USDT was fully backed 1-1 and more according to a prestigious law firm contracted to have a sift through Bitfinex/Tether's shit. That doesn't speak for any other day in the past and we'll probably never know whether it was naughty, but going forward, there it is.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Twilio 2FA SMS not working!
I can't withdraw anything because of receiving nonsense via twilio 2fa sms confirmation:

Your Bitfinex SMS
Your code is: 2

WTF???
copper member
The other exchanges don’t have any of my personal identification, just an email address. So no, other exchanges are not reporting anything b cause they have nothing to report
You must not be using a major exchange if that is the case.
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
The other exchanges don’t have any of my personal identification, just an email address. So no, other exchanges are not reporting anything b cause they have nothing to report
copper member
It is not Bitfinex’s fault this law was passed. They really don’t have any way of not following the law, otherwise they are at risk of much worse things happening.

Bitfinex is really the last reputable exchange that allows anything close to anon registrations and if you don’t want this type of information reported, you really don’t have much of a choice. Other exchanges share similar information with global tax authorities, they might not tell you though.
Not sure what you’re talking about, this is the first exchange to report users to there countries tax departments. I have used many exchanges. This is way over the top
You are mistaken. This is the first exchange I have heard of that is *publicly* reporting information to tax departments. I would fairly confidently say other exchanges are doing the same.

To me it sounds like Bitfinex is warning their customers to make sure their taxes are in order in case information released results in an audit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
It is not Bitfinex’s fault this law was passed. They really don’t have any way of not following the law, otherwise they are at risk of much worse things happening.

Bitfinex is really the last reputable exchange that allows anything close to anon registrations and if you don’t want this type of information reported, you really don’t have much of a choice. Other exchanges share similar information with global tax authorities, they might not tell you though.
Not sure what you’re talking about, this is the first exchange to report users to there countries tax departments. I have used many exchanges. This is way over the top
copper member

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Ill never use bitfinex again
Me too Sad
Politically motivated and flawed legislation has been rushed through with no cost-benefit analysis and a negative impact on individual privacy and national sovereignty, potentially leading to global data theft, kidnapping, blackmail and political oppression.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/new-book-oecd-common-reporting-standard-how-survive-eesh

Aside from philosophical or constitutionally enshrined entitlements to privacy, many individuals legitimately fear that disclosure of financial information may increase their exposure to kidnapping, extortion or blackmailing by criminals or confiscation of assets by corrupt governments.
http://www.royalgazette.com/business/article/20170126/oecd-reporting-standards-collateral-damage

Tax has become such a publicly 'moral' issue such that no high profile client wants to be seen to complain about the CRS or be seen as "non-compliant". In essence, may they have been gagged by the media?  Many clients are happy to co-exist with the CRS system so they may be portrayed as 'clean' and 'above board'. At the other end of the spectrum, beyond fear of kidnap and murder, clients are further preoccupied that any leak from the tax authorities following implementation of CRS may lead to their financial affairs becoming headline news, irrespective of the legality and perceived morality of the 'why'.
https://www.lowtax.net/articles/Common-Reporting-Standard-CRS--how-do-you-feel-574029.html

BTW, there is a campaign to Repeal FATCA, consider helping: http://repealfatca.com/
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
https://twitter.com/bitfinex/status/997055994680066048

Looks to be selective according to them at least. Is it not a wee stamp of legitimacy? That's no use to the people who've been asked to hand it over of course.
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Ill never use bitfinex again
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Any updates about MoneroV? We're waiting for our coins!

You spammers really don't know when to stop, do you? They are not supporting that shitcoin. If they were it would have been announced here:

http://blog.bitfinex.com/

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
On the one hand they are introducing attractive features like this that are relevant for institutional investors
that actually have a use for sophisticated additions to the Bitfinex offering.

But this is also the same exchange that has failed to release audits that were promised multiple times
and that is busy adding shitcoins like BitcoinInterest (one of the more blatant scams/money grabs
in the cryptocurrency scene):

i think there's a really interesting divide between how bitfinex is perceived by us vs the big guys. us little people are up to our ears in conspiracy theories and fud about them.

i'm guessing that the people with real money get some real insights into how they operate. i refuse to believe anyone with that type of money is going to risk it based on what's publicly known about bitfinex, which ain't too far off nothing.

there has to be a fully informed inner circle somewhere. and i'll guess they wouldn't be the types to get a haircut from their next 'hack' either.
Pages:
Jump to: