Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading - page 9. (Read 723558 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
Bitfinex has always  been a shit exchanger. No licenses, no real office, they always hide.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
I mean compared to other exchanges. I use Kraken as well and i've never had any fiat withdrawal problems there.

The other thing that bugs me is that they don't even admit to having problems. They tweet about having processed billions worth of withdrawals in October, yet they can't process mine and those of other people i've read complaints from?

Kraken's had their fair share of problems too, primarily with USD. Their EUR banking relationship has always been rock solid as far as I can tell.

Bitfinex themselves have said they bank like criminals, opening shell accounts and keeping banks in the dark. That's not going to be conducive to smooth sailing. And of course they had no banking for months a while back.

I wouldn't ever bother with them for attempting to obtain fiat. There are better options and always have been.
Activity: 141
Merit: 101
Their dev team is excellent, but the business side and everything related to banking and withdrawals is atrocious. If they ever turn into a reliable exchange, i might return. Until then i'll watch from the sidelines.

The banking is totally out of their hands and always will be unless they buy their own bank, which'll be instantly shunned.
I mean compared to other exchanges. I use Kraken as well and i've never had any fiat withdrawal problems there.

The other thing that bugs me is that they don't even admit to having problems. They tweet about having processed billions worth of withdrawals in October, yet they can't process mine and those of other people i've read complaints from?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
Their dev team is excellent, but the business side and everything related to banking and withdrawals is atrocious. If they ever turn into a reliable exchange, i might return. Until then i'll watch from the sidelines.

The banking is totally out of their hands and always will be unless they buy their own bank, which'll be instantly shunned.

If I were them I would've become crypto only a long time back. Still a ton of money to be made and vastly less head aches too. It's fiat that causes all the problems.

That's not entirely true, given that Shapeshift and IDEX are now enforcing KYC, and 1Broker and EtherDelta got charged by the US government. Smiley

Going altcoin-only might have killed their market share too. It's hard to compare to altcoin exchanges like Binance because those exchanges all piggybacked on USDT liquidity. Bitfinex never really had that opportunity -- they're the bank. Without fiat and USDT markets, I think Bitfinex and exchanges like Binance and Bittrex would be much less liquid and much less profitable.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

If I were them I would've become crypto only a long time back. Still a ton of money to be made and vastly less head aches too. It's fiat that causes all the problems.
Tried to withdraw fiat (express withdrawal), still nothing received after a month. After some mailing back and forth, i managed to cancel the withdrawal. So instead i'm now trying to withdraw the money in usdt. Withdrawal initiated more than 2 hours ago and still 'processing'. I know it can theoretically take up to 12 hours, but i'm fed up with this exchange now. I've been customer for years but i'm now withdrawing everything i can out of there. Their dev team is excellent, but the business side and everything related to banking and withdrawals is atrocious. If they ever turn into a reliable exchange, i might return. Until then i'll watch from the sidelines.

Separate issue: The amount sent in the withdrawal is mysteriously 18 usd less than it should be. It's not the withdrawal fee, because that's 20 usd and i also disabled 'take fee from amount', so the amount on the receiving end should be what i enter in the withdrawal form, but it's 18 usd less. Does anyone recognize this issue or knows what's going on?

edit: withdrawal complete now.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
eosfinex beta  is scheduled for launch within 2 weeks?
thats soo exciting  Grin

legendary
Welt Am Draht

Maybe Tether's business model is to cause its own FUD? They know perfectly well it's fine. They also know perfectly well how moronic and easily led most people are. All you got to do is drop some scares, buy USDT cheap and then let the doom run its course until it's back to parity again. Someone could've made 15% for nothing over this.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
​​Bitfinex partnered with Hong Kong Bank of Communications.
Payments will be made through a private account of Prosperity Revenue Merchandising Limited.
Citibank acts as a correspondent bank when transferring funds from Bank of Communications to the USA. Wells Fargo also performed the same role for Bitfinex partners in Taiwan before suspending the processing of iFinex Inc. services. and Tether Ltd. in April 2017.

At the same time, Tether Ltd. has entered into an agreement with the Bahamian Deltec Bank. Operators of some OTC platforms also expressed a desire to open accounts with this bank for direct cooperation with the issuer USDT.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
Dispite the recent rummors about Bitfinex, the exchange reopned fiat deposits

https://coincodex.com/article/2494/bitfinex-re-opens-fiat-currency-deposits-with-new-system/

There's still a $300 difference between Bitfinex and the other exchanges. New deposit system or not, it seems like faith in Bitfinex hasn't been entirely renewed.

And deposits aren't the only issue. Bitfinex said yesterday that fiat withdrawals were operating "without the slightest interference" but people are complaining across social media about missing bank transfers. Supposedly, they're working through a backlog.

If fiat withdrawals start flowing again, prices should return to normal.
Activity: 365
Merit: 103
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Looks like Bitfinex and Tether are switching banks :O I heard that there were some payout issues (the bank didn't want to pay covert USDT to USD)
I don’t really think this is news. Bitfinex and tether got a new bank account somewhere. Other exchanges seem to have followed suit (who were banking at the same bank).

Also, banks don’t pay to convert USDT to USD, they process withdrawals as directed by tether (and Bitfinex when customers are withdrawing from their Bitfinex accounts). It is tether that will payout USD in exchange for USDT, and will only do so to customers who are vetted via KYC, are exchanging above a certain threshold, and generally will not do business with those connected to the US.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Noble Bank what was Bitffnex is not operating no more
You can buy Noble Bank even for 10 mln $
tomorrow Bitfinex is going under long maintenance
so lets see what will be after
legendary
Welt Am Draht
Looks like Bitfinex and Tether are switching banks :O I heard that there were some payout issues (the bank didn't want to pay covert USDT to USD)
It would be best if someone from Bitfinex will provide the real news about that article. Well, I just can't jump into conclusion that this article is real and that one of the two banks that cater Bitfinex severed its ties with the said exchange. The only data that I gathered from it is that “a person with direct knowledge of the situation” said something about what I cited above. This can't be proven right away but then again, this is not impossible to happen.

Bitfinex will never provide real news about tether. However this article is baseless shit put together by nothings from nowhere so not worth paying attention to.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
It would be best if someone from Bitfinex will provide the real news about that article. Well, I just can't jump into conclusion that this article is real and that one of the two banks that cater Bitfinex severed its ties with the said exchange. The only data that I gathered from it is that “a person with direct knowledge of the situation” said something about what I cited above. This can't be proven right away but then again, this is not impossible to happen.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
How can i set a price alert on the web interface? I can do it in the android app, but i can't find it in the web UI.
Activity: 314
Merit: 6
Bitfinexes order book will be utilized along with the order book of Ethfinex with the goal to provide liquidity on the Ethfinexs new Trustless platform.

https://coincodex.com/article/2352/ethfinex-announces-ethfinex-trustless-platform/
Pages:
Jump to: