Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 36. (Read 308307 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
If it is more easy then do it :-)

Maybe anyone could wrote personal efficiency algorithm in external include file.

Say me how send you this information

Thanks
Well, if we're using SPI, maybe just repeatedly shift 5555<16-bit length> and define data some way?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
If it is more easy then do it :-)

Maybe anyone could wrote personal efficiency algorithm in external include file.

Say me how send you this information

Thanks
legendary
Hi Luke
The goal is set the device for have the best value mW@GHash (in other words best performance)

For do this I need to measure power and I already do it, but I need also to know hash rate and change number of bit.

In summary I need two function:
1 - receive hash rate
2-  set bit number

I have free pin on MCP2210 and of course free pin on micro
1 pin with inaccurate timing is not sufficient for communications AFAIK.
Also, you need to define "hash rate" - there is no good way to measure instantaneous valid-result hashrate, so we'd probably need to coordinate when the averaging is reset etc.
It seems to me it would make more sense to feedback the voltage/current information into BFGMiner and do the logic there?
Hi Luke
The goal is set the device for have the best value mW@GHash (in other words best performance)

For do this I need to measure power and I already do it, but I need also to know hash rate and change number of bit.

In summary I need two function:
1 - receive hash rate
2-  set bit number

I have free pin on MCP2210 and of course free pin on micro

I think you will implement easily this 2 function.

Thanks in advice

legendary
Hi Luke

I use MCP2210 because it have great stability.

I use micro only for extra caratteristic like current, voltage and temperature measurement.

Have you possibility to send information and get information to-from micro?

This could be a new cool feature for your already good bfgminer.

With GHash value and current measurement by hall sensor I could calculare performance GHash/Watt and show information by led meter.

Since I'm almost ready to send PCB please reply me soon for decide if connect and where connect this new communication channel.

After have decided the communication pin, you could develop this caratteristic in all calm and in a while I could produce pcb.

Thanks "lightworker" Luke.

Giuseppe

What does the micro do with the information?
If the mining chip is itself controlled by BFGMiner, it can also control the clocking?
Afraid I'm missing part of the big picture here, and I can't really give good advice without understanding what the actual goals/design are.
SPI might be bitbangable for micro comms, but maybe using a chipselect would work better for that?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: d1
  BCP1: 00000000000000B8
  BCP2: 0000000000000002
  BCP3: 0000000000000000
  BCP4: FFFFF8800191A161
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 768_1

Gotten a couple BSoDs within the past 6-10 hrs.. machine auto-reboots when it happens, put the BAT file in the startup folder.. wondering what the issue may be though.

Activity: 560
Merit: 252
BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info
Not sure that 4.2 runs both.  If you have a Pi, check out Hashra.  They have an image for your Pi that lets you remote connect, run both scrypt/sha, and looks fairly clean.  I have yet to check it out, but I've seen good things...

Not that I'm not all about the BFGMiner, it's just a different tool if you want to do both...

No pi, just my laptop to run it with. I was under the impression that the latest ver. could do both simultaneously?
Activity: 520
Not sure that 4.2 runs both.  If you have a Pi, check out Hashra.  They have an image for your Pi that lets you remote connect, run both scrypt/sha, and looks fairly clean.  I have yet to check it out, but I've seen good things...

Not that I'm not all about the BFGMiner, it's just a different tool if you want to do both...
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info
I have four of the round mini gridseed ASIC miners hooked up to a USB hub. I have the latest version of BFGminer. How do I mine
in dual mode with it? Sha256 only mode?

Any help is appreciated!

Best,

Cynthia
Hi Luke

I use MCP2210 because it have great stability.

I use micro only for extra caratteristic like current, voltage and temperature measurement.

Have you possibility to send information and get information to-from micro?

This could be a new cool feature for your already good bfgminer.

With GHash value and current measurement by hall sensor I could calculare performance GHash/Watt and show information by led meter.

Since I'm almost ready to send PCB please reply me soon for decide if connect and where connect this new communication channel.

After have decided the communication pin, you could develop this caratteristic in all calm and in a while I could produce pcb.

Thanks "lightworker" Luke.

Giuseppe

Activity: 37
Got a little problem:

[2014-06-11 22:58:31] Started bfgminer 4.2.0

Failed to init bfd from (C:\bfgminer\libusb-1.0.dll)
0x6b60d768 : C:\bfgminer\libusb-1.0.dll : usbi_read
0x4679a8 : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/low
l-usb.c (98) : in function (usb_devinfo_scan)
0x469c8c : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/low
level.c (93) : in function (lowlevel_scan)
0x42698a : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/min
er.c (11067) : in function (drv_detect_all)
0x42a575 : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/min
er.c (12116) : in function (main)
0x4010bb : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : crt1.c
Failed to init bfd from (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll)
0x77a7a8cb : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll : RtlInitializeExceptionChain
Failed to init bfd from (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll)
0x77a7a8a1 : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll : RtlInitializeExceptionChain

C:\bfgminer>

Win 8.1 x64, AMD Phenom x8, 16G RAM
Activity: 742
Luke -

Thanks for the scrypt support with gridseed stuff..  I have successfully deployed a foxconn mini-pc (win7) with 3 x gseed blades using bfgminer.. (was having issues with Raspi)
legendary
DITTO!! So what driver do I load for the R-Boxes then? I'm sure I have to switch it back to the standard windows driver instead of the Zadig driver I have had to run them under with CGminer. Or is there a specific one I need to download and install for the R-Boxes?
The R-BOX uses the same cp2102 driver needed for Block Erupters.

I would develop a firmware that measure performance.
For do it I need to know GHash value, hardware errors ecc.
Since on mpc2210 there are free GPIO ports, I would ask you if is possible send the above information by this way. Think it like a read information / set command ( for example set bit number) directly from device.
For example  GPIOa = rx  GPIOb = tx (uart).
I think you would have a hard time getting accurate timing over GPIO, even moreso via mpc2210.
But if you're putting logic in a microcontroller, why use a mcp2210 at all?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
NEW VERSION 4.2.0, JUNE 11 2014

Human readable changelog:
  • rockminer: New driver for ROCKMINER R-BOX.

Full changelog:
  • Upgraded Windows libmicrohttpd from 0.9.35 to 0.9.38_pre33603
  • SGW: Workaround BE Cube bugs with new libmicrohttpd by forcing HTTP 1.0 response
  • rockminer: Increase hw error count for problems
  • rockminer: Autodetect with "R-BOX miner" or "RX-BOX miner" product strings
  • rockminer: Support for seeing and setting clock frequency in Manage TUI
  • rockminer: Include clock frequency in RPC processor status
  • rockminer: Support for setting clock frequency
  • rockminer: Workaround lost tasks by resending them
  • rockminer: Support for temperature sensors
  • rockminer: Debug messages
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Initialise rockminer_chip_data
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Ensure work actually exists before testing against it
  • rockminer: Mine at 270 MHz
  • rockminer: Implement mining (at 200 MHz)
  • DevAPI: Move device_proc_by_id out of bifury driver, since it is generically useful
  • rockminer: Detection code for new driver
  • bfg_socket wrapper to ensure sockets are close-on-exec
  • set_cloexec_socket: Explicitly cast SOCKET to HANDLE

Thank you Luke, you are my favorite person today. High Five.

DITTO!! So what driver do I load for the R-Boxes then? I'm sure I have to switch it back to the standard windows driver instead of the Zadig driver I have had to run them under with CGminer. Or is there a specific one I need to download and install for the R-Boxes?

Here ya go...

BFGMiner 4.2 released with ROCKMINER R-BOX support. Smiley

+1

same commands as cgminer?
No, BFGMiner has a standard interface for all drivers. So something like:
Code:
bfgminer -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=290

Edit: Also note that if you were using cgminer, you had to use Zadig, which breaks the official drivers. You will need to undo this (and restore the original driver) before BFGMiner will work.

How does one go about "undoing" the use of Zadig and restore the original drivers? Thanks!
just reinstall the original driver or you can use the zadig tool to revert back to original driver.  in my experience, reinstalling driver is cleaner.
Hi Luke
I would develop a firmware that measure performance.
For do it I need to know GHash value, hardware errors ecc.
Since on mpc2210 there are free GPIO ports, I would ask you if is possible send the above information by this way. Think it like a read information / set command ( for example set bit number) directly from device.
For example  GPIOa = rx  GPIOb = tx (uart).
I hope to have explained better.
Thanks
Activity: 49
NEW VERSION 4.2.0, JUNE 11 2014

Human readable changelog:
  • rockminer: New driver for ROCKMINER R-BOX.

Full changelog:
  • Upgraded Windows libmicrohttpd from 0.9.35 to 0.9.38_pre33603
  • SGW: Workaround BE Cube bugs with new libmicrohttpd by forcing HTTP 1.0 response
  • rockminer: Increase hw error count for problems
  • rockminer: Autodetect with "R-BOX miner" or "RX-BOX miner" product strings
  • rockminer: Support for seeing and setting clock frequency in Manage TUI
  • rockminer: Include clock frequency in RPC processor status
  • rockminer: Support for setting clock frequency
  • rockminer: Workaround lost tasks by resending them
  • rockminer: Support for temperature sensors
  • rockminer: Debug messages
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Initialise rockminer_chip_data
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Ensure work actually exists before testing against it
  • rockminer: Mine at 270 MHz
  • rockminer: Implement mining (at 200 MHz)
  • DevAPI: Move device_proc_by_id out of bifury driver, since it is generically useful
  • rockminer: Detection code for new driver
  • bfg_socket wrapper to ensure sockets are close-on-exec
  • set_cloexec_socket: Explicitly cast SOCKET to HANDLE

Thank you Luke, you are my favorite person today. High Five.

legendary
Hi Luke
Is possible for a micro connected on free pin of mcp2210 read bfgminer information that appeare on screen?
Thanks
What?
Hi Luke
Is possible for a micro connected on free pin of mcp2210 read bfgminer information that appeare on screen?
Thanks
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Got 4.2.0 compiled and working on Rasberry Pi (Arch/Minepeon)

it wasn't able to detect the R-BOX's though. Is this a thing where I have to program the chips on the miners to identify themselves properly?
R-BOXs so far have shipped with the CP2102 EEPROM unprogrammed, same problem as the Block Erupters had.
You can manually probe them with -S of course, or use cp210x-program to configure them.
I made a template EEPROM firmware for them: http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/eeprom-content.RBOX.hex
Use it like: ./cp210x-program -w -F eeprom-content.RBOX.hex --set-product-string='R-BOX miner' --set-serial-number=somethingunique

Awesome! This is great news for us MultiMiner users! Thanks so much, stoked!
legendary
Got 4.2.0 compiled and working on Rasberry Pi (Arch/Minepeon)

it wasn't able to detect the R-BOX's though. Is this a thing where I have to program the chips on the miners to identify themselves properly?
R-BOXs so far have shipped with the CP2102 EEPROM unprogrammed, same problem as the Block Erupters had.
You can manually probe them with -S of course, or use cp210x-program to configure them.
I made a template EEPROM firmware for them: http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/eeprom-content.RBOX.hex
Use it like: ./cp210x-program -w -F eeprom-content.RBOX.hex --set-product-string='R-BOX miner' --set-serial-number=somethingunique
Pages:
Jump to: