Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 39. (Read 308307 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
yo Luke-Jr
I just moved over to BFGMiner v4.1.0 & it keeps telling me btcguild.com is dead when I know its not
I have restarted it over & over & sometime it will work but for only like 1min & then it comes back with pool dead.
It does work on trc.royalminingco.com & I have been on there all day.

I don't know whats going on but bfgminer-3.10.0 did not do this. & I may have to move back to it or try 4.0.0 or 3.10.2 or 3.10.1

Try adding #notls to the BTCGuild URI.
Unfortunately, they just leave the connection open and silent when BFGMiner attempts to negotiate TLS (if they errored or disconnected, it'd immediately retry).
Without #notls to disable TLS, it should still timeout after a minute (but this needs to happen again after the reconnect...)

I added it
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333#notls",
not sure if that's where I'm to put it
but it did work & I was getting work from the pool but
then I started getting this
"Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0"
the pool Diff was stuck at 1 & btcguild does not use 1.
this is just not working for btcguild.
I will just have to roll back   Sad

but thanks for your time & help Luke-Jr.
Hrm, strange. Can you try bisecting it?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6964942

ok I did it, I'm not sure what bisecting is...
Am I to download the "Builds"??
if yes there for windows I use Gentoo Linux.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
yo Luke-Jr
I just moved over to BFGMiner v4.1.0 & it keeps telling me btcguild.com is dead when I know its not
I have restarted it over & over & sometime it will work but for only like 1min & then it comes back with pool dead.

I don't know whats going on but bfgminer-3.10.0 did not do this. & I may have to move back to it or try 4.0.0 or 3.10.2 or 3.10.1

Unfortunately, they just leave the connection open and silent when BFGMiner attempts to negotiate TLS (if they errored or disconnected, it'd immediately retry).
Without #notls to disable TLS, it should still timeout after a minute (but this needs to happen again after the reconnect...)

I added it

Hrm, strange. Can you try bisecting it?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6964942
yo Luke-Jr

I added it

legendary
yo Luke-Jr

yo Luke-Jr

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I have 3 gridseed 5 chip units.  2 of them work with no HW at freq 875, and the other seems to work best at 850...is there a way to set the frequency of that particular Gridseed to 850?

Yes, run BFGMiner with the -d? argument to list the Path and Serial number of each device. Then use one of those with the --set argument, e.g.:

Code:
--set gsd@serial1:clock=850 --set gsd@serial2:clock=875
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
I have 3 gridseed 5 chip units.  2 of them work with no HW at freq 875, and the other seems to work best at 850...is there a way to set the frequency of that particular Gridseed to 850?
legendary
NEW VERSION 4.1.0, JUNE 6 2014

Human readable changelog:
  • Stratum: Fix recovery of dead pools.
  • gridseed: 80-chip G-Blade support.
  • Stratum: Support for authenticated TLS with the CA model, using #tlsca URI parameter.

Full changelog:
  • Bugfix: Ensure variables are declared even without ADL support
  • RPC: Include a list of config files loaded in "config" reply
  • Bugfix: Save a linked list of config files loaded so output makes sense (previously only the most recent config file was named, and errors were reported inconsistently)
  • README.RPC: Document Coinbase-Sig in config reply
  • Bugfix: Safely handle pool status line when no pools are alive
  • bitforce: Refactor bitforce_vcom_gets slightly to be more sane
  • Bugfix: initiate_stratum: Ensure extranonce2 size is not negative (which could lead to exploits later as too little memory gets allocated)
  • Stratum: extract_sockaddr: Truncate overlong addresses rather than stack overflow
  • Stratum: tlsca parameter to require CA validation of TLS certificate
  • Bugfix: Avoid setting tv_idle before testing pool (it will be set if the test fails)
  • restart_stratum: Make use of return_via
  • return_via helper function family to assign a variable and goto
  • Bugfix: restart_stratum: Release pool_test_lock on failure
  • bfsb: Disable all banks before enabling the one we want, to avoid having two enabled at the same time (eg, when switching from bank 3 to bank 2)
  • Interpret present "tls" parameter to require TLS
  • uri_get_param_bool2 returning a tristate
  • Tests for uri_find_param
  • Split uri_find_param out of uri_get_param_bool
  • gridseed: Allow specifying an arbitrary number of chips with --set gsd:chips=X
  • gridseed: added support for the 80-chip (two blades of 40 chips) G-Blade Scrypt-only miner
  • Bugfix: gridseed: use a signed integer so that returning -1 has defined behavior
  • RPC: Return integer difficulties without decimal places
  • Bugfix: Zero pool "Works"
  • Bugfix: Set any listening sockets to close-on-exec/non-inheritable to avoid issues rebinding them on restart
  • RPC: Explicitly shutdown communication on client sockets to avoid them being held open by forked processes
  • RPC: Clean up mcast socket with tidyup_socket
  • RPC: Move socket tidyup code to its own function
  • Bugfix: RPC: Use pthread_exit rather than returning from the RPC thread, to ensure tidyup gets called
  • Bugfix: bitforce: During initialisation, clear each XLink slave exactly once only
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Hello,

I use bfgminer with MinePeon, I'd like to have my miner's name instead ox PXY0, PXY1, etc... I use it as proxy and connect to it all my S1's. But it turned to be a mess since I can see PXY0 which is my S1 number 6, or PXY5 to be my AntS1 number 2. Can't be assigned a name used like the worker name set in the pool settings of the S1?

Thank you if you help me with this.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I am trying to launch BFG Miner 3.10.0 on a Windows 7 Pro 32-bit Desktop and after using the file since Christmas it has now decided it can't launch the program "libplibc-1.dll is missing" is it something I can get from GitHub or do I need to ring the snot out of Avast for blocking something it should be leaving well enough alone?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I tried 4.0.0 windows 32-bit with 20 antminer U2+ and ST= started out at 22 then went to 24-28 after 3-4 hours as opposed to 3.10.0 starting out at ST=9 then adjusting after 3-4 days to 12-14. Now I only point this out because my reject rate skyrocketed. It seems that with the new version, ST= is much higher from launch than 3.10.0 and every time a new block is detected, I end up with about 20+ stales, followed by another 7-15 either stales or duplicates.
    I also had a deal where 4.0.0 stopped mining when my ethernet connection failed for a moment but the miner program just stopped, liked it didn't even try to continue or reconnect. Its hard to say for sure with that since it seems 4.0.0 is meant to be a bit quieter.

I experienced similar problems with 4.0 producing more rejected shares and shutting down for no apparent reason. I went back to 3.99 for now until some wrinkles get ironed out and perhaps a r-box driver is available then I will try 4 again.
I don't have nearly that many u2's but mine are working fine in 4.0.0 or at least appear to be. Haven't noticed anything different
actually. Been running 4.0 since release pretty much.
Activity: 49
I tried 4.0.0 windows 32-bit with 20 antminer U2+ and ST= started out at 22 then went to 24-28 after 3-4 hours as opposed to 3.10.0 starting out at ST=9 then adjusting after 3-4 days to 12-14. Now I only point this out because my reject rate skyrocketed. It seems that with the new version, ST= is much higher from launch than 3.10.0 and every time a new block is detected, I end up with about 20+ stales, followed by another 7-15 either stales or duplicates.
    I also had a deal where 4.0.0 stopped mining when my ethernet connection failed for a moment but the miner program just stopped, liked it didn't even try to continue or reconnect. Its hard to say for sure with that since it seems 4.0.0 is meant to be a bit quieter.

I experienced similar problems with 4.0 producing more rejected shares and shutting down for no apparent reason. I went back to 3.99 for now until some wrinkles get ironed out and perhaps a r-box driver is available then I will try 4 again.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

Throwing out some examples of GridSeed support / performance in BFGMiner 4.1:

G-Blade on OS X:

Orbs on a Raspberry Pi:

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Thank you very much to X-Hash and GridSeed for providing a G-Blade for development. Support for this device (as well as the HEX16A2) will be coming ASAP.

https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/gridseed-blade-support
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mzuje5y3mv1aju/bfgminer_gridseed_blade.7z
In some short testing, this version seems much more stable with my Gridseed 5 chip miners as well.

I have a quick question about support for the miningrigrentals.com service.  Gridseed forks for CGminer and BFGminer 3.10 seem to be able to connect to their stratum.  However, when I try BFGminer 3.99 or BFGminer 4.0 it just reports the miningrigrentals stratum as dead.  I see this in their FAQ:

• Make sure you're not using a mining client that has the "reconnect fix" added (currently only special versions of cgminer). Also check your config file for this line: no-client-reconnect : true, This line needs to be set to false.

I'm using command line flags only and the config file doesn't appear to have the "no-client-reconnect true".  So I'm at a bit of a loss...
Activity: 28
After following the compilation instructions detailed in the file windows-build.txt included with the source, I was able to compile BFGMiner with Open CL support. I was wondering if there is an "appendix" on how to compile it for Windows 64 bits.

Thanks

FM
I may be doing something weird in 4.0, but the script I used to use on version 3.10 for the proxy (I'm running 2 Block Erupter Cubes) doesn't seem to agree with the Cubes. BFGMiner is reporting a hash rate from them, but when I go to the Cube admin page they don't know their hash rates; it just reports 0. It's definitely hashing since the pool does report the miner as alive, but the hash rate that I'm getting is lower than expected and I notice the cube keeps switching automatically between both configured pools in a Primary/Backup configuration. It's not supposed to do that if the work is getting accepted.

Edit: Using the 32-bit Windows version on Windows 8.1. Just noticed that this version has the proxy on the 64-bit release but I haven't downloaded the 64-bit yet.

I can confirm I'm seeing the same behavior with both a Cube and Blade v2.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !
I may be doing something weird in 4.0, but the script I used to use on version 3.10 for the proxy (I'm running 2 Block Erupter Cubes) doesn't seem to agree with the Cubes. BFGMiner is reporting a hash rate from them, but when I go to the Cube admin page they don't know their hash rates; it just reports 0. It's definitely hashing since the pool does report the miner as alive, but the hash rate that I'm getting is lower than expected and I notice the cube keeps switching automatically between both configured pools in a Primary/Backup configuration. It's not supposed to do that if the work is getting accepted.

Edit: Using the 32-bit Windows version on Windows 8.1. Just noticed that this version has the proxy on the 64-bit release but I haven't downloaded the 64-bit yet.
Thank you very much to X-Hash and GridSeed for providing a G-Blade for development. Support for this device (as well as the HEX16A2) will be coming ASAP.
Pages:
Jump to: