Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 40. (Read 308307 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Luke,

Any update on the Rockminer R-box driver inclusion? I have 2 of them in route and would love to know I will be able to get them hashing when I get them. I am not much of a wiz on coding so I have to rely on your expertise and your code!!

I've been struggling to keep up or catch up with the difficulty increases so not a lot of crumbs in my wallet but I will certainly donate to the cause for your help!

T.
Activity: 3

I need help! Had to manually download both the Driver and BfgMiner from your Mega Website link. Driver worker but BfgMiner won't work.Extracted bfg.exe via WinRar to my desired folder still when it's ready to run it says : The program can't start becuase liburl-4.dll is missing from your computer try re-installing the program to fix the program. I've unistalled and re-installed all morning and afternoon long but still can't get bfgminer going due to libcurl-4.dll any clues as to what wrong or maybe a better link? Also did I create a bigger problem for myself by editing the startmining BAT file by opening it with NotePad? My problem seems to be that when clicked on this file after download and extract it didn't open so i did open with and chose NotePad program. Now the file can't be edited or at least I don't know how to reset the file back to a BAT - #Drowning50GHsMiner  Angry Angry Angry Sad
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Thx for the update, from the update logs I can see more changes made for dualminers and less for 5-chip gridseeds. I red all readme-files and tried --help with various parameters, but couldn't find syntaxes for parameters/commands specific for mentioned miners. Thank You in advance if such explanation/readme exists and can be pointed out or linked.
Activity: 6
Hi All,

Some notes that might help others with NanoFury/Yellowjacket oddities when run with other devices.

I reinstalled WinXP today on my old laptop with a new harddisk to a) give me more room for BitcoinQT, and b) seemed like a good time anyway, it also rules out any other problems behind my problem with starting order of USB devices.

I've been having a problem with BFGMiner v3.10.x and now v4.0.0, If I simply plug all my USB devices in, and ensure that WinXP picks them all up in Device Manager, I end up with a mess, the BEE's (and sometimes the BIF) are never found by BFGMiner when its started with the NFY's already plugged in, and the NFY's are found very errratically.
I had BEE's, BPM's, NFY all plugged into one USB2 hub (no plugs, direct soldered leads to an excellent switchmode supply), and a BIF which I have plugged into a USB3 hub.

Turns out the NFY's don't like starting up at the same time as Block Eruptors (BEE's) and BPM's (that's right, not the BIF), so I've put BEE's, BPM's, and BIF on the USB3 hub, and put all my NFY's on the USB2 hub. For NFY's think NanoFury's/Yellowjackets.

Solution that works all the time.

Start BFGMiner with only the USB3 hub and all BEE's, BPM's and BIF are found and started, then I plug in the USB2 hub, 1 or 2 NFY's are automatically found, within a few minutes the rest of the NFY's are then found. (I normally do a "M + auto" in BFGMiner as I'm impatient)

I have tried different hubs, with the same results, I haven't looked further as I don't have any debug/trace tools for Windows, this is the only thing with windows on it in this house as we aren't windows people but at least it give the old laptop a reason for being.

Cheers

(edited, I deleted the wrong bit when originally writing this)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
HI Luke.
I have been having a show stopping bug since 4.0 came out.

I have a small setup that has 3x DualMiners, 2x Ant U1's/U2's, 1x RedFury, 2x HexFury's, 4x Block Eruptors and 1x BiFury.
When I upgraded to 4.0 they all stopped working together.  I have them in a Razorfish HUB and had no issues prior.

Now when it scans for miners it will find some of them but not all.  Some will not work that are detected.  Each time I scanned them different miners were found and left out.
I have tried leaving only one type in and it works ok.  I can no longer mix them.

Any ideas?  I am out of them.  I have went through so many things and re-installs and going back to previous versions.  I have no clue what to do.

On another note that is not bad just need info.
I have another setup that has OneString Miners.  Do you know which drivers to use for them in BFG and a link to them?  When testing I cannot get the driver setup correctly with what is there.

Thanks for the help.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Awesome, thanks luke! I've updated MacMiner from 3.99 to 4.

Ah - just the person I was looking for! Time to put you on the spot  Grin

As a fellow Mac dev and someone familiar with BFGMiner, if you could take a peak at this and see if there's anything you can crack that would be super:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/1c4821cbe814845c0c72530f3fba3b9040647648

This put Luke and I back a couple days on releasing 4.0 and, in the end, we still had to go with a work-around rather than finding a proper solution. It would be great to get someone else with the required resources and system taking a look.
I've actually always used my own compiled dependencies for the most part rather than using Homebrew and as a result that seems to have caused homebrew installations of bfgminer to fail for me for some time - that said none of the other homebrew scripts I've used have been failing for me - I'll take a look in a clean environment though and see how it goes!
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
I am using a Gridseed 5chip orb ok on Bfgminer 3.10.0 all works fine mining scrypt with this pool config.

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u ezimedia.1 -p x -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

But using the same config in Bfgminer 4.0 I get nothing but errors..

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u ezimedia.1 -p x -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

I have also tried this config.. on both bfgminer 3.10.0 and v4.0

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://multi.ghash.io:3333 -u ezimedia.workerGRIDmulti -p 1 -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

and it works fine.. and also with other mining pool configs...

Bfgminer v4.0 will just not work with

where as bfgminer 3.10.0 works just fine..

Any ideas..?

Also can Bfgminer 4.0 support Sha256 mining in duel mode for a gridseed 5chip orb at the same time while mining scrypt..

Also can you get Bfgminer to recognise other mining hardware at the same time.. because I have 9 Drillbit avThumb miners to mine sha256

Right now I am running cgminer for the Drillbit avThumb miners..

And Bfgminer 3.10.0 for scrypt mining with my Gridseed..

What I would love to do is use Bfgminer 4.0 to do the following..

Mine both sha256 & script from my Gridseed 5chip... to one pool mostly cex.io i guess

and also use bfg miner to run my 9 Drillbit avThumb miners for btc...

I was thinking something like this... from launching bfgminer in one instance

I would make a start.bat like this..

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://multi.ghash.io:3333 -u ezimedia.workerGRIDmulti -p 1 -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u ezimedia.workerGridLbtc -p 1 -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u ezimedia.workerDRILLbtc -p 1 --drillbit-options AvThumb:int:700:1:850

Would this work... well just tried it and it looks like the first line is the only one that runs...

Is it even possible to run 3 lines as above from one loaded instance of Bfgminer

well will wait for the experts feedback..

Thanks.. for Bfgminer 4.0
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
I'm getting an error when running the following:

-S antminer:all -S NFY:ALL --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=53 --set-device antminer:clock=x0B81 --icarus-options=115200:1:1 --icarus-timing long --no-getwork

About cannot open serial driver. "ft_getcomportnumber(01e008a8 (0), 5) then it finally starts up with Error trying to wake notifier. 32bit windows.

Try without the two icarus settings.

same thing the other message came back " serial "0000098681", but mcp2210 lowlevel driver failed to open it
Are there two separate issues here then?

Can you bisect each of them individually?

• Open http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php
  • Enter a unique unlikely-to-be-guessed-by-someone-else session identifier
  • For Working commit, put bfgminer-3.10.0 (or whatever the last version you were using was)
  • For Broken commit, put bfgminer-4.0.0
  • Follow instructions to test each custom build for the single bug you're investigating

Thanks

Hi Luke,

serial "0000098681", but mcp2210 lowlevel driver failed to open it

is the main error. i'll look into what you suggested when I'm back in my office tomorrow.

EDIT: I just tried that and it bombed out:
On commit c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770
c4c06166a2ab6937d2d6e198842289ca83c67770 build failure (log) - skipping
sh: ./make-release: No such file or directory
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

-S antminer:all -S NFY:ALL --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=53 --set-device antminer:clock=x0B81 --icarus-options=115200:1:1 --icarus-timing long --no-getwork

About cannot open serial driver. "ft_getcomportnumber(01e008a8 (0), 5) then it finally starts up with Error trying to wake notifier. 32bit windows.

same thing the other message came back " serial "0000098681", but mcp2210 lowlevel driver failed to open it
Are there two separate issues here then?

Can you bisect each of them individually?

• Open http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php
  • Enter a unique unlikely-to-be-guessed-by-someone-else session identifier
  • For Working commit, put bfgminer-3.10.0 (or whatever the last version you were using was)
  • For Broken commit, put bfgminer-4.0.0
  • Follow instructions to test each custom build for the single bug you're investigating

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1000
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!
  • A few device drivers for scrypt:
    • DualMiner ASIC-based USB miner
    • OpenCL GPUs, such as AMD Radeons
    • CPU (not enabled by default nor included in Windows build)
    • Coming soon:
      • 5-chip Gridseed mining orb
      • any other device provided for development (PM me)

We do want to credit and thank both DualMiner.com and LIGHTNINGASIC Co., LTD for sponsoring the development of these drivers. This is not an endorsement of their hardware or services beyond their commitment to Open Source mining software to power their ASIC hardware. Thank you!
its our pleasure to help open source code project. and this will build up more stronger community.
thanks a lot to you and your team.
Jack.
multiminer is actually passing the following:

-S antminer:\\.\com3 -d antminer@\\.\com3 etc if I strip all extra switches out it still shows the error. is it a multiminer issue?

These are standard arguments for BFGMiner (plus I mine with AntMiners using MultiMiner) so it's not MultiMiner issue per se. MultiMiner does save your devices, and maybe the device COM port has changed? Just a theory. Try stopping mining, and then right-click and Scan Hardware so that the paths are all updated before starting mining again.

hey Nate, yeah I tried that and confirmed the comm port numbers from device manager. It's a funny one. just don't know if it's a bfgminer thing or a mm thing. right now I have a delay when starting but it finally gets going.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

-S antminer:\\.\com3 -d antminer@\\.\com3 etc if I strip all extra switches out it still shows the error. is it a multiminer issue?

These are standard arguments for BFGMiner (plus I mine with AntMiners using MultiMiner) so it's not MultiMiner issue per se. MultiMiner does save your devices, and maybe the device COM port has changed? Just a theory. Try stopping mining, and then right-click and Scan Hardware so that the paths are all updated before starting mining again.

• A few device drivers for scrypt:
    • DualMiner ASIC-based USB miner
    • OpenCL GPUs, such as AMD Radeons
    • CPU (not enabled by default nor included in Windows build)
    • Coming soon:
      • 5-chip Gridseed mining orb
      • any other device provided for development (PM me)

We do want to credit and thank both DualMiner.com and LIGHTNINGASIC Co., LTD for sponsoring the development of these drivers. This is not an endorsement of their hardware or services beyond their commitment to Open Source mining software to power their ASIC hardware. Thank you!

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Thanks for the day early birthday present Luke ^_^

Now 20

Happy birthday  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Thanks for the day early birthday present Luke ^_^

Now 20
Awesome, thanks luke! I've updated MacMiner from 3.99 to 4.

Ah - just the person I was looking for! Time to put you on the spot  Grin

As a fellow Mac dev and someone familiar with BFGMiner, if you could take a peak at this and see if there's anything you can crack that would be super:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/1c4821cbe814845c0c72530f3fba3b9040647648

This put Luke and I back a couple days on releasing 4.0 and, in the end, we still had to go with a work-around rather than finding a proper solution. It would be great to get someone else with the required resources and system taking a look.
Pages:
Jump to: