Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 10. (Read 458140 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
It probably will not make a diff to you; higher difficulty will affect the block erupters and GPU miners mostly. Technically higher difficulty is good; you spend more time bashing away at the problem and less time sending the results and such.

C

Thanks for the quick response! So basically if I understand this each block will be harder and will take more time to solve on slower devices, this ups the probability of the block being rejected or found by someone else first?

Hopefully I will be moving into the 100Gh/s + realm soon, just trying to take all this info in, its incredibly hard to make heads or tails on the feasibility of small time miners...actually the case of so much info its hard to get the real real so thanks for the insight all!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Regarding the diff 8 change:  Assuming your vardiff is currently below 8, you will see a higher variance in your personal stats reporting when this change is made. Your miner will report shares less frequently to eligius, but each share will be worth more. You will not earn less due to this change.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
It probably will not make a diff to you; higher difficulty will affect the block erupters and GPU miners mostly. Technically higher difficulty is good; you spend more time bashing away at the problem and less time sending the results and such.

C

Activity: 24
Thanks WK for all the efforts!

Unfortunately I'm a small miner (8Gh/s) and diff 8 will probably kill me Sad

Anyway, what has to be done, has to be done.

I am also a small time miner currently just under 12Gh/s, can someone explain how diff 8 will change things for everyone and how it might affect small time miners?

I tried to Google diff 8 but it seems its not a real good search term and I don't have the background to search this topic better, if someone has a good link that would also be great, thanks in advance.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
THX FOR THE BIG NMC BONUS WK!!!

you deserved a break!  Cheesy
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Everything looks great again - have observed for the past 12 hours, so looks like all is stable (stat-wise, as the pool kept on truckin' along...many thanks, and donation was well worth it).

I've noticed some of you have enabled a function to donate, and I will look for this as well. While I like the idea of zero fees, having a little BTC flow for pool upkeep is BTC well *spent*. Smiley Apart from a couple trolls - you know who you are - this community is all right. I've posted more in two days than I have in the entire duration I've been a member of these forums (way to many trolls, and pathetic discourse makes me generally avoid this place like the plague).

I've got a general question for the non-troll members of this particular pool, but if I should look elsewhere, just point me in the right direction, and I'll leave you be. I've been at other pools with merged mining, but by the time I decided to participate, the option was gone. Just briefly, as I don't want anyone spending time explaining from the beginning, but I'm curious what the real advantage is to also mining NMC. I'm familiar with the basics, and know there are exchanges that allow me to convert it to other alt-coin, incl. BTC. I have ~270 GH/s currently. Is merged mining worth it, as in will I actually see real benefit from participating? It has been several months since I looked into it, so I'm no longer up-to-speed. I've read in the past that it doesn't affect BTC mining, so that isn't a concern. I'm simply wondering that at my hashrate, if might actually benefit. So far, I only mine BTC, and have been doing so for roughly 15 months. If I can improve the work output of my collage of mining gear, I'd be interested to give it a boost. Most of you seem quite knowledgeable, and are not pricks, so I figured I ask.

Again, if I need to post this elsewhere, just let me know. Most of you seem helpful, so I figured I'd start here. With NMC, I am definitely a total noob....if this post didn't tip you off. Wink Thanks in advance.
Activity: 5
Thanks WK for all the efforts!

Unfortunately I'm a small miner (8Gh/s) and diff 8 will probably kill me Sad

Anyway, what has to be done, has to be done.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Thx for the work wizkid, I'll give you & the missus a tip shortly.

Also anyone know if v2.srv.eligius.st:12234 is back up? Although I did switch to main stratum and knc jupiter problems with cgminer appear to be pretty much fixed nov jup does have 5% hw errors but not 10% and no cores disabling anyone else find this?

Edit: Also my miners show 0 rejected shares on stats page is this a stats issue?

Must have spoken too soon nov jup acting up again
Activity: 56
What charm, nmc-wallet.com received my money, but "forgotten" about it... 1.5 nmc "say goodbye"... not 1.5 more then 2, i forgot about nmc received before...
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!

128 please.

Why are you even still here?  You don't deserve an opinion on ANYTHING to do with Eligius.

^^^Click in the red circle^^^
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

128 please.

Why are you even still here?  You don't deserve an opinion on ANYTHING to do with Eligius.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
you will get some errors, not important

mining_proxy.exe -o stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334 -gp 8332 -sp 3333

config user:pass      YOUR Wallet ADDRESS HERE_Blade1:nopw

config port to  8332

config server to your computer IP address

config user:pass      YOUR Wallet ADDRESS HERE_Blade1:nopw

Somehow it works with: proxy.exe -o stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334

But get allot of warnings

This is the correct way to run it. Post your warnings. Probably normal behavior.
Here are the Errors:

2014-01-21 21:09:40,359 INFO proxy jobs.submit # Submitting d435eb0e
2014-01-21 21:09:40,359 WARNING proxy getwork_listener._on_submit # [0ms] Share from MY_ADDRESS
Will try this Settings today, when I get home from work.

Thanks!!
Activity: 280
OK! Now it works with bfgminer !! Had to use the 32Bit Version! NOT the 64Bit .... Grin

Don't use bfgminer with blades or cubes. You'll lose a pretty significant amount of hashrate.
It's not that bad! Runs from 9-12 GH/s. Runs on a win7 64Bit Atom System.

Only Thing: bfgminer was shut down this morning after +/- 4 hour running :-(
Now I have a Programm installed, who checks on the task.
If it shuts down again, it starts bfgminer automaticly ... ;-)

Hope this works.
Activity: 59
I set it to 1 percent, 33/33/34 respectively. Whizkid, if you do the accounting as I believe you do, and think it would work better set differently, please tell me so and I'll change it accordingly.

I would encourage everyone to do the same. It's on the configurable options link under the "my eligius" tab. This is a great pool, and deserves to be supported. 1 or two percent is cheaper than most other pools, and if enough of us do it, wk can quit his day job Smiley
Just updated my settings with the Biomech plan (1% divvied 33/33/34).

Keep rockin' wk.
Activity: 351
Thanks WK wouldn't you know I somehow deleted my NMC account when I changed my payout threshold. Now a paying member thanks for all your hard work. And a small token for GF

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/131YfpYJxeZPo9ejV157TT6rghjdPXZu3o

Now she has some skin in the game.
Activity: 854
ITS ALIVE ITS ALIVE!!!

VIVA WIZKID!!!
Activity: 59
WK, great job. Reyhs I try not to fall for trolls but I agree you can go fuck yourself
+1,000,000

Great work wk! The additional NMC bump was an unexpected, yet extremely welcome bonus for... well, sitting tight and trusting in you.  Grin

I've been here since I had a measly 1GHs gpu set-up. You have proven, time and again, why this is the best pool around.
Activity: 686
WOW A LOT of Namecoin! Thanks!!!!!
Activity: 686
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
WK, great job. Reyhs I try not to fall for trolls but I agree you can go fuck yourself
Pages:
Jump to: