Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 13. (Read 458150 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Team Heritage Motorsports

For those of us whose rigs have less than perfect reliability, and who aren't always present to monitor them, the 128/256 second stats can tell us at a glance that our rigs are up and running.  It's super handy to just check it on my phone when I'm at work or wherever.

This +1million.

My rigs are a bit wobbly at best, so knowing if they're dead or not is pretty important to me.

Changing the vardiff to double the diff of the share would be a good idea IMO.

If you are mining at diff 10 after it is settled in, you would now be mining at diff 20.

To keep the resolution intact on the stats- they time frame would need to be doubled also- so 128 seconds would now be 256 seconds.

This would reduce the demand on the DB server by half ~, cut bandwith usage and position the pool for future growth before this becomes a problem again.

This would not affect anyone, as long as they are not staring at a screen 24 hours a day every 128 seconds- now you would need to stare every 256 seconds to get the same result.

WK might have another reason, but I can not think of it- unless some devices time out that I don't know of.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
My stats are all at 0? But my shares are being accepted in BFGminer. Is everything going to be allright?

Whatever happens, it will be alright. The sun will rise tomorrow Wink

sadly, my 128/256 stats seemed out of line with expectations and without more data to indicate my machines are running 100% correctly i had to switch pools.

hopefully everything is back up properly today, I intend to add a bit of donation once i can track my 3 and 10-hour stats again
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
My stats are all at 0? But my shares are being accepted in BFGminer. Is everything going to be allright?

What does the big green letters say at the top of the pool page ?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?

Whatever happens, it will be alright. The sun will rise tomorrow Wink
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 686
Like someone said earlier, you can set your account up to voluntarily pay a fee to the pool.

When you consider, during the recent problems, Wizkid had to manually pay out a million bucks in BTC to get things caught up and that was 2 days worth!

If everyone just set their account to pay a 1% fee to the pool for a week, Wizkid would have enough to get some upgraded hardware/servers/infrastructure.

Please respond if you are willing to do this!

I already did this.
Activity: 335
Since Eligius is a zero fee pool, it is only fair that pool users offer to help out financially given the current crisis could be resolved with upgraded servers and more of WizKid's time.

Whiz, please post the donation address here.
Also, I agree to send 1/3 of my next payout from Eligius to the donation address given by WizKid.

I encourage others to do the same.

After all, you benefit from his work and he himself is not publicly asking for donations and it will help speed along the improvement process.

Like someone said earlier, you can set your account up to voluntarily pay a fee to the pool.

When you consider, during the recent problems, Wizkid had to manually pay out a million bucks in BTC to get things caught up and that was 2 days worth!

If everyone just set their account to pay a 1% fee to the pool for a week, Wizkid would have enough to get some upgraded hardware/servers/infrastructure.

Activity: 351
I'm in as well, be nice if the top dog would as well.
Activity: 59
I'll set donation amounts to support this. It's a small price to keep this pool ahead of the growth of the network...
Activity: 854

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Wk, I know you don't want to-- but double average Minn diff submitted and double the 128 and 256 stats to average out the variance in the graphs.

I think people will understand, this would half the number crunching by the db

I vote for this myself too. I never look at 128 and 256 second stats. Minimum average I would be looking at to see how my machines are going is 1 hour average, 6 hour average, 12 hour average, 24 hour average. No less than that. It should help saving some resources and most of miners will not even notice.

For those of us whose rigs have less than perfect reliability, and who aren't always present to monitor them, the 128/256 second stats can tell us at a glance that our rigs are up and running.  It's super handy to just check it on my phone when I'm at work or wherever.  It would be harder to tell from the longer-term stats.

On a different note, is the namecoin mining still discontinued?  If so, it might be good to change the thread title, namecoin setting on the config page, etc.

128 and 256 are really nice for a quick check but i also think one of them would be enough. if this helps to save some resources.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

For those of us whose rigs have less than perfect reliability, and who aren't always present to monitor them, the 128/256 second stats can tell us at a glance that our rigs are up and running.  It's super handy to just check it on my phone when I'm at work or wherever.

This +1million.

My rigs are a bit wobbly at best, so knowing if they're dead or not is pretty important to me.
Activity: 56
BTCguild pleased, clamped 0.07 NMC and as it turned out in support tab to write generally nobody...

Wore the briefs for grandparents
Activity: 686
Hi everyone...

Well, no real light way to put this... unfortunately the web server is completely choking on all of this data Sad  The current setup, which has worked well for so long, just doesn't seem to be able to handle catching up to real time with such a large backlog (~48 hours).

I'm going to try to utilize another server to do the data crunching more quickly and then import into the web server and see if that results in a faster catch up.  In the meantime I will re-enable the public stats page since it doesn't seem to be helping as much as I had hoped by disabling it.  At least people will be able to see their 128/256 second hash rates and balances.

Sorry folks, please bear with me here.  Keep in mind that Eligius has grown substantially since this was all designed.  As it turns out the web side is not as scalable as I would have liked..... and I've used up my favors getting the main pool database server upgraded.

I have received a good amount of donations over the past few days (thank you all) and I do believe that I will try to put most of this into a web server upgrade soon.

-wk

How much BTCBTCBTC would you need for the server upgrade - maybe we can pitch in. It's only fair for a zero fee pool.
Activity: 1

Hey guys

Just to say i really appreciate your work and my hardware will keep minning on eligius no matter what, props to all the team behind it

Problems are natural in life, we just need to use them to learn more and become better nothing is perfect

So for all the trolls out there, just stfu

My sentiments as well. Donation sent. Thank you.

Andrew
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Did anyone get payouts on namecoins?    

The last Namecoin transfer I got was before the DDoS attack on Friday..  While they aren't worth much. I use my namecoin payouts to fund my CEX.IO addiction :-P.

Namecoin payouts depend on parts of the pool system that are still catching up.  Once everything is back online, NMC payouts from Friday forward will be correctly made.

grnbrg.

^ this. (Thanks)
Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all of your support and patience.

The pool is operational, automatic payouts are working, and the backend is pretty happy overall.

I have, however, taken the web stats offline temporarily.  The constant traffic was slowing down the progress of the catching up significantly, so, I've blocked access to the stats for now.  This should help get them caught up much faster, hopefully within the next few hours.

Again, the pool is working, payouts are working, etc.

As soon as the stats are mostly caught up I will re-enable public access again.

Thanks!

-wk

Just re-posting important information lost due to troll obfuscation...
Activity: 700
WK mantioned a couple of posts ago that NMC mining continues as normal and the payout will be processed once the database catches up... so expect a big payout once everything is back to normal  Smiley

Oops, must have missed that, thanks!

Edit: Also, just to be clear, I was talking about a post from February that said that NMC mining was being disabled permanently due to Namecoin becoming stupid, which I had found via a Google search about NMC mining on Eligius.  That was why I suggested that the thread title be changed, etc... obviously wouldn't do that just for a temporary glitch.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1547291
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Wk, I know you don't want to-- but double average Minn diff submitted and double the 128 and 256 stats to average out the variance in the graphs.

I vote for this myself too. I never look at 128 and 256 second stats. Minimum average I would be looking at to see how my machines are going is 1 hour average, 6 hour average, 12 hour average, 24 hour average. No less than that. It should help saving some resources and most of miners will not even notice.

For those of us whose rigs have less than perfect reliability, and who aren't always present to monitor them, the 128/256 second stats can tell us at a glance that our rigs are up and running.  It's super handy to just check it on my phone when I'm at work or wherever.  It would be harder to tell from the longer-term stats.

On a different note, is the namecoin mining still discontinued?  If so, it might be good to change the thread title, namecoin setting on the config page, etc.

WK mantioned a couple of posts ago that NMC mining continues as normal and the payout will be processed once the database catches up... so expect a big payout once everything is back to normal  Smiley
Activity: 700

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM

I vote for this myself too. I never look at 128 and 256 second stats. Optimal averages I would be looking at to see how my machines are going is like: 1 hour average, 6 hour average, 12 hour average, 24 hour average. No less than that. It should help saving some resources and most of miners will not even notice.
Pages:
Jump to: