Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 12. (Read 458150 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
bfgminer connects but does not find the blade as an device

Have you tried the threads dedicated to blade setup with a mining proxy?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-asicminer-blade-setup-205369
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Somehow it works with: proxy.exe -o stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334

But get allot of warnings

This is the correct way to run it. Post your warnings. Probably normal behavior.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
bfgminer connects but does not find the blade as an device
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Leeching time over for me too, upped my donations to 1%.
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
-o stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334

drop the stratum+tcp part
OK. And how do I configure BFGminer as Proxy for the blade ??
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I do use bfgminer on my RaPi .. ;-)

But for the Blade, I Need the Proxy.

Does not work with - cu & -cp

It just does not connect with this command line:
proxy.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334 -cu MY_ADDRESS -cp x
BFGMiner supports blades too.
I do use bfgminer on my RaPi .. ;-)

But for the Blade, I Need the Proxy.

Does not work with - cu & -cp

It just does not connect with this command line:
proxy.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334 -cu MY_ADDRESS -cp x
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Could someone PLEASE tell me, how to configure the mining_proxy.exe on Windows to use with eligius and an Block Erupter Blade Huh

Right now, I try to start it with an .bat file with:
mining_proxy.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334

But it just does not connect :-(

In the Blade config i have set the IP & port to the Win System and use my Wallet address:0 as user:pass

Thanks!!
I think most people use BFGMiner now? (README.ASIC)
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
-cu and -cp are needed  hence custom user and custom password

mining_proxy.exe -help
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Nope... -u is NOT recognized .. !

Hrmm. Not sure then- I'm sure someone can chime in who knows that better than I do.

Try adding the port to the end of the address:
mining_proxy.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u YOUR ADDRESS -p x
Somehow it works with: proxy.exe -o stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334

But get allot of warnings
Nope... -u is NOT recognized .. !
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Like someone said earlier, you can set your account up to voluntarily pay a fee to the pool.

When you consider, during the recent problems, Wizkid had to manually pay out a million bucks in BTC to get things caught up and that was 2 days worth!

If everyone just set their account to pay a 1% fee to the pool for a week, Wizkid would have enough to get some upgraded hardware/servers/infrastructure.

Please respond if you are willing to do this!

I've been doing this since I started using the pool.
Could someone PLEASE tell me, how to configure the mining_proxy.exe on Windows to use with eligius and an Block Erupter Blade Huh

Right now, I try to start it with an .bat file with:
mining_proxy.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334

But it just does not connect :-(

In the Blade config i have set the IP & port to the Win System and use my Wallet address:0 as user:pass

Thanks!!
Activity: 248
Merit: 252
Don't know if it would work quite the same way, but my hosting company just recommened I use the free cloudflare service to protect against DDoS attacks (was down for about 12 hours or so today, and then 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks).  

As such, thank you wk for getting everything back up and running.  

Have you ever wondered why cloudflare is free? It's because they can execute a MITM any time. Not that it would matter for pool stats, but just a consideration.
Activity: 644
While I knew that you could donate manually to the pool, I didn't know you could set it up to take a fee. Someone above had posted that info. Can't recall who it was, but you know who you are, so thanks!

I set it to 1 percent, 33/33/34 respectively. Whizkid, if you do the accounting as I believe you do, and think it would work better set differently, please tell me so and I'll change it accordingly.

I would encourage everyone to do the same. It's on the configurable options link under the "my eligius" tab. This is a great pool, and deserves to be supported. 1 or two percent is cheaper than most other pools, and if enough of us do it, wk can quit his day job Smiley

+1
Activity: 3
Don't know if it would work quite the same way, but my hosting company just recommened I use the free cloudflare service to protect against DDoS attacks (was down for about 12 hours or so today, and then 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks). 

As such, thank you wk for getting everything back up and running. 
Activity: 5
Hi everyone...

Well, no real light way to put this... unfortunately the web server is completely choking on all of this data Sad  The current setup, which has worked well for so long, just doesn't seem to be able to handle catching up to real time with such a large backlog (~48 hours).

I'm going to try to utilize another server to do the data crunching more quickly and then import into the web server and see if that results in a faster catch up.  In the meantime I will re-enable the public stats page since it doesn't seem to be helping as much as I had hoped by disabling it.  At least people will be able to see their 128/256 second hash rates and balances.

Sorry folks, please bear with me here.  Keep in mind that Eligius has grown substantially since this was all designed.  As it turns out the web side is not as scalable as I would have liked..... and I've used up my favors getting the main pool database server upgraded.

I have received a good amount of donations over the past few days (thank you all) and I do believe that I will try to put most of this into a web server upgrade soon.

-wk
We've been using Eliguis pool for months and are happily satisfied with the pool. It does have data presentation glitches once in awhile but that has no affect on our mining and payouts. It's a great pool competently operated.
Pages:
Jump to: