Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 14. (Read 458150 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 500
While I knew that you could donate manually to the pool, I didn't know you could set it up to take a fee. Someone above had posted that info. Can't recall who it was, but you know who you are, so thanks!

I set it to 1 percent, 33/33/34 respectively. Whizkid, if you do the accounting as I believe you do, and think it would work better set differently, please tell me so and I'll change it accordingly.

I would encourage everyone to do the same. It's on the configurable options link under the "my eligius" tab. This is a great pool, and deserves to be supported. 1 or two percent is cheaper than most other pools, and if enough of us do it, wk can quit his day job Smiley
+1
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
While I knew that you could donate manually to the pool, I didn't know you could set it up to take a fee. Someone above had posted that info. Can't recall who it was, but you know who you are, so thanks!

I set it to 1 percent, 33/33/34 respectively. Whizkid, if you do the accounting as I believe you do, and think it would work better set differently, please tell me so and I'll change it accordingly.

I would encourage everyone to do the same. It's on the configurable options link under the "my eligius" tab. This is a great pool, and deserves to be supported. 1 or two percent is cheaper than most other pools, and if enough of us do it, wk can quit his day job Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
Thanks for everything wizkid.

tips sent to you and your GF.

wizkid057 tips address
1EdeTHebTtymUULE5bdjWzW1gbCJkP7aQH

transaction ID: 8f13557bd28f86fc6bac02f0592c22e3b7b0da08e15982f0b681a3a0dc7e7c63

wizkid057 girlfriend tips address
131YfpYJxeZPo9ejV157TT6rghjdPXZu3o

transaction ID: 0869006909ed2b9ad1fe42beabb6bd9b1606de4eaec6741af9eb4067691c4ad8

PS. to all that like and support Eligius pool please donate to acquire faster servers, better for all of us  Wink
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Team Heritage Motorsports
Wk, I know you don't want to-- but double average Minn diff submitted and double the 128 and 256 stats to average out the variance in the graphs.

I think people will understand, this would half the number crunching by the db
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Hi everyone...

Well, no real light way to put this... unfortunately the web server is completely choking on all of this data Sad  The current setup, which has worked well for so long, just doesn't seem to be able to handle catching up to real time with such a large backlog (~48 hours).

I'm going to try to utilize another server to do the data crunching more quickly and then import into the web server and see if that results in a faster catch up.  In the meantime I will re-enable the public stats page since it doesn't seem to be helping as much as I had hoped by disabling it.  At least people will be able to see their 128/256 second hash rates and balances.

Sorry folks, please bear with me here.  Keep in mind that Eligius has grown substantially since this was all designed.  As it turns out the web side is not as scalable as I would have liked..... and I've used up my favors getting the main pool database server upgraded.

I have received a good amount of donations over the past few days (thank you all) and I do believe that I will try to put most of this into a web server upgrade soon.

-wk
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
First off, before starts throwing the 'noob/newb' slang around too much, it is misplaced here. Let's just say that I'm generally a very silent member of the greater BTC community. I also dislike posting at this site, and this is the first time I've felt compelled to do so since creating my account, precisely due to people like that moron that cried 'Scam!' just because the pool got hit hard. I'm really pleased to see that many within the Eligius sub-community are pretty cool and understanding. It's nice to find a discussion where not everyone immediately shouts 'Conspiracy!' each time there's a hiccup. So, I'd like to simply say that I'm as impressed with this community as I am with Eligius. I've been there a few weeks, after a friend recommended I give it a go, since I was becoming with the other pool I had been using. I've been watching development of the pool since I met Luke Jr. when we were at the same location for about 5 days, and it was hard to avoid others in such a small environment. I've been using his software for well over a year, and always recommend it to new miners. So, moving past the disclaimer...

Thanks to WK for keeping things going!!! Can't stress how pleased I've been with the quality of work he's doing and all the updates he's provided. Though there was a short lag in payouts (not that this doesn't happen even when I can see the stats due to backlog in automatic payouts), I'm fairly certain that it was all on the level. I'm not is a hurry, and fully expected he would sort things out - but, I was still pleased that he took the time to put together the manual payouts. The amount seems to reflect what I would have earned in that period going on rough calculation, and if anything was missing, we're talking about a sum as low as 0.00001 BTC, which I can part with, and would have gladly let the pool keep it to fund their efforts. I still think I most likely got the entire sum coming to me, so absolutely no complaints here. Smiley I'll be sending you a small donation commensurate with my small mining setup. I won't be posting it here to show what I donate, but will include my username for identification. Again, you've done an outstanding job during this period, and compared to the other pools I've used who have had various issues (50btc and Slush come to mind, though the latter didn't have major issues like 50btc), you've been very quick to respond, and have handled your immense responsibility in a commendable fashion. Thanks again for all of the work, and I wish you the best as you continue to get everything back to where it was before. All the best!
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
So no stats mean no track so scam. I free to pay opinion 100%

This sounds suspiciously like another poster.... hmm...

Until I see stats, I say my 500BTC come form anybody, no proof you pay out
It ain't working. Your Engrish is better than his  Cheesy

Now I know how you guys get to 8,000 posts on here - no longer n00bs... I see...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

It ain't working. Your Engrish is better than his  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1274
Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all of your support and patience.

The pool is operational, automatic payouts are working, and the backend is pretty happy overall.

I have, however, taken the web stats offline temporarily.  The constant traffic was slowing down the progress of the catching up significantly, so, I've blocked access to the stats for now.  This should help get them caught up much faster, hopefully within the next few hours.

Again, the pool is working, payouts are working, etc.

As soon as the stats are mostly caught up I will re-enable public access again.

Thanks!

-wk

Activity: 100
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
Hi everyone,

The pool is operational, automatic payouts are working, and the backend is pretty happy overall.

I have, however, taken the web stats offline temporarily.  The constant traffic was slowing down the progress of the catching up significantly, so, I've blocked access to the stats for now.  This should help get them caught up much faster, hopefully within the next few hours.

Thanks!

-wk

Activity: 5
Wizkid just put down the stats page (not the pool, pool and automatic payouts are working properly!) in order to finish the data merging. That means the stats will return soon ^.^

great job wk :3

[edit]As I was writing his post WK posted faster than me. Sorry for the inconvenience.[edit]
legendary
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

-wk
Activity: 49
I picked your pool for the low fees but I will stay with your pool for the great support and service you provide... I have set up auto donations so while I am small time with my little 6ghash setup.. some small portion of whatever my rig produces will get kicked back in to help you keep up the great work! oh... and I hope to be upgrading to a much more profitable rig in the near future... and that too will be mining Eligius unless I decide to mine solo with it.

T.

1B3rJa8jAHhCK6nuRQEfYWz4bDiCsbR5P3
Activity: 452
Merit: 250

Hey guys

Just to say i really appreciate your work and my hardware will keep minning on eligius no matter what, props to all the team behind it

Problems are natural in life, we just need to use them to learn more and become better nothing is perfect

So for all the trolls out there, just stfu
Activity: 25
Thanks WK!

I have only been mining a couple of months, did some GPU mining a while back, before it became unprofitable. I tried a few other pools before I found Eligius and I think it is by far the best! You are very transparent about issues and seem like really stand-up guys. That is a very important feature to look for with people who handle currency.

Cheers and keep it rollin!
Activity: 77
Added dust to the Wiz's gf fund too Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
woo we're catching up. Time for next dos attack I'm guessing?
Pages:
Jump to: