Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 156. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Namecoins that would otherwise be allotted to unregistered accounts will be distributed between miners who are interested in getting namecoins, and myself (as compensation for the time I put into our stable merged mining implementation).

Luke-Jr:  I have a question about your pool if you don't mind.  How do you decide on the split for the extra namecoins?  Obviously you pay out the PPS for namecoins for those interested, but then how do you split the remaining "that would otherwise be allotted to unregistered accounts" between the "miners who are interested in getting namecoins, and [yourself]"?

Is it 50/50?  75/25?  How do you calculate the bonus for those of us who are interested?  Is it PPLNS with N being since the last split?  Can we see somewhere what bonus we got on our NMC PPS?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Just upgraded to bitcoind next-test (pre-0.6 + working pull requests) on Eligius. Seems to have gone fine, but let me know if anything seems off.

Note that this upgrade means we cannot go back to pushpool at this point (without reverting it of course) since the bitcoind maintainers no longer support solomining via getwork (it requires a lot of patches, some Eligius-specific which I didn't take the time to add to 0.6).
legendary
Upgrading to Eloipool, my new poolserver written in Python 3 this week seems to have gone mostly smooth. Hopefully it will solve the pushpool-related issues including however we were being DoS'd. However, I did notice that older versions of PhoenixMiner had trouble with the new longpolls, so I've special-cased them for now. Please report any problems here or on IRC, so I can investigate.

Thanks to lemmi who wrote the 'midstate' Python module in C to provide midstate to miners that can't make their own. If anyone else wishes to contribute (including other pools), please get in touch!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hello Luke-jr,

What is up with the pay at the pool? Sorry if you answered this already but I can't find any info on it. I was a bit disappointed with the payout for block # 164104.  Cry

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2300
Chief Scientist
There is no OP_P2SH. BIP 12, 16, and 17 are all competing standards for P2SH. BIP 17 is the most sane, and BIP 16 the least.

No it is not!  BIP 17 is bad for the network and will give you herpes!

Activity: 383
Merit: 250
What's up with the Namecoin transactions info? I just checked my NMC json info using the python tool and it now shows my address as not existing any more.

I checked on the Namecoin block explorer and it shows a payout on the 19th. Was this a flushing out of balances and reset? Just wondering because I didn't get those NMC in my address at CryptoXchange even though past ones worked fine.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import json, urllib2, datetime

address = 'YourNameCoinAddressHere'
url = 'http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/7/NMC/balances.json'

data = json.load(urllib2.urlopen(url, timeout=5))
print "Address  : " + address
print "Balance  : " + str(data[address]['balance']/100000000.0)
print "Everpaid : " + str(data[address]['everpaid']/100000000.0)
print "Oldest   : " + str(datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(data[address]['oldest']))
print "Newest   : " + str(datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(data[address]['newest']))

Did you change the /5/ to /7/ in the python code?
Ah. Didn't even think of that. Now it works but the Everpaid has never worked for me. Or maybe it just doesn't work now since I haven't been paid since changed to /7/?

Correct, Everpaid will show a value when you get your first payment on the new server.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
What's up with the Namecoin transactions info? I just checked my NMC json info using the python tool and it now shows my address as not existing any more.

I checked on the Namecoin block explorer and it shows a payout on the 19th. Was this a flushing out of balances and reset? Just wondering because I didn't get those NMC in my address at CryptoXchange even though past ones worked fine.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

print "Oldest   : " + str(datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(data[address]['oldest']))
print "Newest   : " + str(datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(data[address]['newest']))

Ah. Didn't even think of that. Now it works but the Everpaid has never worked for me. Or maybe it just doesn't work now since I haven't been paid since changed to /7/?
legendary
Don't troll. Eligius is pro-P2SH (BIP 17).

BIP17 is OP_CHV, not OP_P2SH - as you well know.
Be straight: Eligius is pro-BIP17 and therefore anti-BIP16, am I correct?
There is no OP_P2SH. BIP 12, 16, and 17 are all competing standards for P2SH. BIP 17 is the most sane, and BIP 16 the least.
Activity: 210

BIP17 is OP_CHV, not OP_P2SH - as you well know.
Be straight: Eligius is pro-BIP17 and therefore anti-BIP16, am I correct?
legendary
Leave Eligius!

It's against /P2SH/
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Leave Eligius!

It's against /P2SH/
Activity: 383
Merit: 250

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ

Activity: 121
My miners have Eligius as a backup, and I'm seeing it down. YMMV.
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
anyone tell me if the eligius pool is still down?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Set up a private pool for your important miners. Only tell them the IP. Cheesy
legendary
On Topic;  Luke, is it the getworks that are slowing down the hash rate without tripping CGminer to fallback?  That parts seems a bit strange.
If I knew the problem, it'd be solved.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
We're under a tight DoS attack. Been analyzing it, but not sure what the cause is yet.

The cause is you dumbass,

Lets see how you handle this pool from now on.

Classy, as usual. Even had the nerve to steal Inaba's profile picture.

wow, that threw me off. I was thinking to myself, "What the hell crawled up Inaba's butt tonight?" =)

Seeing who it is, I am not surprised. Though, I can't really disagree with the sentiment. But the judges give it a 1 out of 10 for his approach.

cheers

P.S.  *offers Plastic.Elastic a hug*

On Topic;  Luke, is it the getworks that are slowing down the hash rate without tripping CGminer to fallback?  That parts seems a bit strange.

Use the load balancing feature in cgminer and it'll help with that.
Activity: 504
We're under a tight DoS attack. Been analyzing it, but not sure what the cause is yet.

The cause is you dumbass,

Lets see how you handle this pool from now on.

Classy, as usual. Even had the nerve to steal Inaba's profile picture.

wow, that threw me off. I was thinking to myself, "What the hell crawled up Inaba's butt tonight?" =)

Seeing who it is, I am not surprised. Though, I can't really disagree with the sentiment. But the judges give it a 1 out of 10 for his approach.

cheers

P.S.  *offers Plastic.Elastic a hug*

Jump to: