Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 166. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
i am facing problems with the pool last few days. intermittently my miner is falling back to backup pool. anybody else facing the same problem?

Yeah, and I've been talking to Luke about that. There have been another DOS attacks against Eligius. To mitigate the attacks, Luke scheduled automatic restart for the vulnerable pushpool daemon.
We really should consider donating a bitcoin or two to Luke to see a better fix, guys; show him some bitcoin love ^^ I already did.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
i am facing problems with the pool last few days. intermittently my miner is falling back to backup pool. anybody else facing the same problem?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Do note that port 80 works on Eligius Wink
It is still true?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
WTF? I just logged in today to find I've been mining namecoins without my consent? I don't want namecoins. :/ This should not have been an automatic opt-in feature.
It's not automatic opt-in. You have to register to get Namecoins.
I think what he meant was the pool used his hashrate for namecoins as well. Not whether he get NMC or not.

If he doesnt register, the pool will keep the NMC right?
legendary
WTF? I just logged in today to find I've been mining namecoins without my consent? I don't want namecoins. :/ This should not have been an automatic opt-in feature.
It's not automatic opt-in. You have to register to get Namecoins.
Activity: 886
Merit: 500
Activity: 737
More annoying IMO, is that the images don't seem to be working anymore :/

As with the core pool, I won't know that your signature isn't working if you don't tell me.  I'll look at it this weekend and figure out what is broken.
Any idea why my (and others') sig images don't work anymore?

Fixed

I don't know without looking into it.  I'm in the middle of a computer switchover and don't have my development tools installed yet on my new computer, so it will probably be late today that I get to it.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
is there a way to see how many NMC i have earned by merged mining so far? thanks!
http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/5/NMC/

I encourage someone to start a poll on reducing NMC minimum payout to a better rate (perhaps the minimum required to register a domain?)

Thanks so much for the link.  You rock!

It doesn't matter to me when payouts happen.  I assume it all shakes out in the long run.  In all honesty, I like having my coins in pools so that I don't have to worry about losing them on my personal machine with all of the various clients.
legendary

As with the core pool, I won't know that your signature isn't working if you don't tell me.  I'll look at it this weekend and figure out what is broken.

Btw: is there some kind of text based hashrate signature bar?
I want to show off your pool/hashrate in my signature but the images nazis got to me Sad

I'd build something if there was a technical path, but the forum software doesn't support dynamic text signatures.  They block HTML script tags (reasonably so) in signatures because anything that would allow you to have a dynamic text signature could also be used maliciously to exploit browser bugs, etc.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
yep I am sure theymos discovered a way to encourage the image signature hold outs to remove the images that were there pre-change
legendary
whats up Luke-Jr?
I left your pool for awhile to solo mine and play with other pools, and I determined that your pool is still the best, so I am back with my 7 ghash... Smiley
Hah, good to hear. Smiley

There is whatever the community makes. I don't know of any yet Wink

I want to show off your pool/hashrate in my signature but the images nazis got to me Sad
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
whats up Luke-Jr?
I left your pool for awhile to solo mine and play with other pools, and I determined that your pool is still the best, so I am back with my 7 ghash... Smiley

legendary
is there a way to see how many NMC i have earned by merged mining so far? thanks!
http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/5/NMC/

I encourage someone to start a poll on reducing NMC minimum payout to a better rate (perhaps the minimum required to register a domain?)
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
legendary
Generally, if the pool goes down, it probably won't be back until someone bothers to call me... (or IM during the day)
Why aren't you using any monitoring services ?
I am. It's called users phoning me.  Roll Eyes

Seriously though, I've got a number of watchdogs setup to restart things automatically when there's a problem. Lately, the problems have been unnoticable from them, and I haven't figured out exactly how the attacker is triggering it. Instead of the pool going down, hashrate just takes a sharp dropoff (but the watchdogs are still always able to get work in a timely manner) until I restart pushpoold.
donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
Generally, if the pool goes down, it probably won't be back until someone bothers to call me... (or IM during the day)
Why aren't you using any monitoring services ?
Jump to: