Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 165. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I attempted to sign the message to register my namecoin address, my wallet is encrypted,
when I execute the the bitcoind command, it says:error: {"code":-13,"message":"Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first."}
how to execute bitcoind with my passphrase?
bitcoind walletpassphrase 300

This will give you 5 minutes.
omo
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
I attempted to sign the message to register my namecoin address, my wallet is encrypted,
when I execute the the bitcoind command, it says:error: {"code":-13,"message":"Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first."}
how to execute bitcoind with my passphrase?
legendary
WTF? I just logged in today to find I've been mining namecoins without my consent? I don't want namecoins. :/
What makes you think that? If you don't want Namecoins, don't register for them, and you won't get them. Simple.
(I didn't really think I needed to answer this...)
I know that many people don't know how merged mining works and may think that it's somehow makes their bitcoin rewards lower, but I can also imagine people that don't like Namecoin project at all and don't want to support it Smiley
Myself included (not liking Namecoin), but that doesn't mean I'm going to be a jerk about it. Wink
donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
WTF? I just logged in today to find I've been mining namecoins without my consent? I don't want namecoins. :/
What makes you think that? If you don't want Namecoins, don't register for them, and you won't get them. Simple.
I know that many people don't know how merged mining works and may think that it's somehow makes their bitcoin rewards lower, but I can also imagine people that don't like Namecoin project at all and don't want to support it :)
Activity: 742
Merit: 503

Yeah, what he said!  Go get'em bro...
legendary

Activity: 742
Merit: 503
WTF? I just logged in today to find I've been mining namecoins without my consent? I don't want namecoins. :/ This should not have been an automatic opt-in feature.

It is merged mining, so you sound  like a jerk.  I am sure your not, however, why would you join a mm pool and state you are not going to allow your workers to mine NMC.

I feel that this thread and all reading it are now dumber for reading your post.  In less words, you could have just posted "Hey, I am stupid..." and it would have been more efficient.  The "WTF?" caught my eye and then reading your complaint compelled me to provide some constructive criticism.

Just having a laugh, so don't take it personal.  But, please do explain?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Am I right in assuming the NMC balances are stored with 8 decimals places unshown? Or is it something else...

{"balance":18918834,"oldest":1324867501.35,"newest":1324867501.35}

is 0.18918834 NMC? NMC is new to me so not sure what this means.

What is oldest and newest?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
On the Eligius / Artefact stats page there is a link to check your address using,

http://pi.uk.com/bitcoin/address/...

That seems to be broken or dead. Today at least, not sure if permanent. I tried this,

http://blockchain.info/bitcoin/address/...

instead and it's working. Maybe he switched it around?

If it's not temporary then it's be great to change it to the new location.
legendary
Current block estimate  not updating  Huh
Try reading the notice?
Activity: 173
Current block estimate  not updating  Huh
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
This is what i hate, no stats for NMC whatsoever. Are you gonna do something with this or this is all we will get?

Look 2 posts earlier in this thread Wink. You have the path to the place to consult your balance of NMC.  

http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/5/NMC/balances.json and search for your NMC address. divide the balance by 100000000.

Look at this python script that do it for you https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.606813.

Activity: 168
I havent received NMC for a while now. My last BTC pay out was 5.xx, sure i would have got some NMC wouldnt i?

This is what i hate, no stats for NMC whatsoever. Are you gonna do something with this or this is all we will get?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
is there a way to see how many NMC i have earned by merged mining so far? thanks!
http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/5/NMC/

I encourage someone to start a poll on reducing NMC minimum payout to a better rate (perhaps the minimum required to register a domain?)

the price for a domain is now about 0.5NMC    http://dot-bit.org/tools/domainCost.php

maybe that is too low.

slush's nmc threshold is 10NMC I think... works fine for me

edit: ok, I set the threshold at slush's to 10NMC, anyway works fine
legendary
Someone just tried to register namecoin payouts to 1JVTmfR36K9hPA7UR3jqRj6HRhyudYLUvK. This is a bitcoin address, and not a namecoin address. It will not work. You can reregister with a valid namecoin address, but until then, no namecoins will accrue. I have fixed the registration page to reject Bitcoin addresses in the Namecoin field.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
let me rephrase

DDoS resilience  - it has QoS support to ensure workers who’ve submitted valid work are serviced with priority
donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
I will gladly donate time and coinage if he switches to poolserverj
its much more efficient, ddos resistant and merged mining compatible out of the box
DDoS resistance has nothing to do with pool software :)
how Long ago was it lukejr? Was it 0.40 ? I have setup several and they work quite well.
legendary
Been there, tried that, it blew up...

its much more efficient, ddos resistant and merged mining compatible out of the box
Jump to: