Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 164. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
Well that is the first thing I thought of when I seen all them blocks starting to fly by when he pulled a scumbag slush move by secretly starting to mine with massive hash power, when people start doing things undercover on the down low they usually have something to hide. And there he is claiming to be a god faring man, yeah right.

I'm not aware of any "undercover on the downlow"  Luke was pretty up front about it.  If he hadn't come right out and said what he was doing I'm guessing that most people simply wouldn't know at this point, I guess doublec would be figuring it out by now (esp given what luke has been saying lately about MM alts).  Obviously you didn't see any big discussion about CoiledCoin because the whole chain appeared out of nowhere a few hours ago with an exchange and such.

The religious thing is tired trolling.

You should also lose your position as MOD, as you are completely unable to be objective and clearly and openly are siding with a scumbag, while making further excuses to aid in his cause.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
Well that is the first thing I thought of when I seen all them blocks starting to fly by when he pulled a scumbag slush move by secretly starting to mine with massive hash power, when people start doing things undercover on the down low they usually have something to hide. And there he is claiming to be a god faring man, yeah right.

I'm not aware of any "undercover on the downlow"  Luke was pretty up front about it.  If he hadn't come right out and said what he was doing I'm guessing that most people simply wouldn't know at this point, I guess doublec would be figuring it out by now (esp given what luke has been saying lately about MM alts).  Obviously you didn't see any big discussion about CoiledCoin because the whole chain appeared out of nowhere a few hours ago with an exchange and such.

The religious thing is tired trolling.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Where are your helpful corrections for the people claiming that he's 'attacking' i0 and ix too? (as far as I can tell this is an outrageous lie)   Or do the corrections only come for the details which are in your financial best interest?  :-/
That's a pretty uncalled for comment. [thanks for removing the barb]. The only thing I know Luke-Jr to be doing with i0coin/ixcoin is mining them and selling them with the intent to crash the price . I know this because Luke told me in #namecoin IRC. [logs removed due to objection from luke]. I don't know anything about the bitparking pool clams. Luke has definitely not done anything to bitparking.
staff
DoubleC's pool benefited from supermajority induced orphaning during big pre-MM NMC boom when it was >>50%, and I had a great many orphans in my solo mining. This was on a 10 minute chain which is less subject to orphaning, and on a chain that was worth non-trivial money at the time. ::shrugs::
Please don't try to make it look like that situation was the same as the one here. I ran a stock standard pool that did nothing to change block propagation in any way. The situation here is a majority pool actively refusing other blocks and this is not the same.

You say this, I can't tell. My orphan rate was high enough that you could have been excluding other blocks— though I trust that you weren't and that it was normal performance problems plus the fact that there was high latency between my nodes and yours (and that if you where there was _nothing_ I could do about it).  The point I was attempting to make was that a pile of orphaned blocks is perfectly expected in a natural supermajority case, especially when the blocks are being solved very fast. (appears like we were talking 10seconds).

Where are your helpful corrections for the people claiming that he's 'attacking' i0 and ix too or the claims that he was breaking the bitparking pool? (as far as I can tell these are outrageous lies)  [Edit: I included a barb here that doublec didn't deserve]
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
DoubleC's pool benefited from supermajority induced orphaning during big pre-MM NMC boom when it was >>50%, and I had a great many orphans in my solo mining. This was on a 10 minute chain which is less subject to orphaning, and on a chain that was worth non-trivial money at the time. ::shrugs::
Please don't try to make it look like that situation was the same as the one here. I ran a stock standard pool that did nothing to change block propagation in any way. The situation here is a majority pool actively refusing other blocks and this is not the same.
I heart thebaron
It's great to know that we have good people like Luke watching out for us.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the 20-odd blocks I lost that all had numerous confirmations from the network, yet turned invalid....and still continue, as I am keeping my miners up.

You're getting orphaned. Standard bitcoin chain decision code won't switch off your own chain and onto something else unless the something else is _longer_, being tied isn't enough.  If someone outpaces the reset of the network by enough of a factor it's unlikely anyone else will get any blocks in even without any modification to ignore third party blocks.

Jesus Christ. He bragged about killing it on purpose...in public, then SPAM'd the exchange (where he was banned). This had NOTHING to do with merged mining. It was malicious intent to kill off the new Alt.
staff

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the 20-odd blocks I lost that all had numerous confirmations from the network, yet turned invalid....and still continue, as I am keeping my miners up.

You're getting orphaned. Standard bitcoin chain decision code won't switch off your own chain and onto something else unless the something else is _longer_, being tied isn't enough.  If someone outpaces the reset of the network by enough of a factor it's unlikely anyone else will get any blocks in even without any modification to ignore third party blocks.

I heart thebaron
so what actually happened, blocks were orphaned?  Can't that happen with any block chain?

He mined a bunch of blocks drove the difficulty into the stratosphere and didn't process transactions, etc. In other words, behavior like some bitcoin miners— except in bitcoin they're not >>>>50% of the total hash power, etc. 

You'll note the lack of links to the relevant thread (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dead-coiledcoin-yet-another-cryptocurrency-but-with-opeval-56675), presumably because the accusations sound much better without the factual information behind them, or the posts pointing out the extreme scammyness  of a bitcoin-clone opening  with exchange support on day 0, and the touting of unfinished pre-release features from the reference bitcoin client as major innovations.

I'm all for interesting altchains that serve real purposes, like namecoin— but so far the currency like ones mostly seem to be ponzi schemes which risk hurting bitcoin's credibility if they have any effect at all.   At least we can learn from their security challenges even if we don't learn anything from their absent innovation.

staff
so what actually happened, blocks were orphaned?  Can't that happen with any block chain?

He mined a bunch of blocks drove the difficulty into the stratosphere and didn't process transactions, etc. In other words, behavior like some bitcoin miners— except in bitcoin they're not >>>>50% of the total hash power, etc. 

You'll note the lack of links to the relevant thread (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dead-coiledcoin-yet-another-cryptocurrency-but-with-opeval-56675), presumably because the accusations sound much better without the factual information behind them, or the posts pointing out the extreme scammyness  of a bitcoin-clone opening  with exchange support on day 0, and the touting of unfinished pre-release features from the reference bitcoin client as major innovations.

I'm all for interesting altchains that serve real purposes, like namecoin— but so far the currency like ones mostly seem to be ponzi schemes which risk hurting bitcoin's credibility if they have any effect at all.   At least we can learn from their security challenges even if we don't learn anything from their absent innovation.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
Luke, How does your users at Eligius pool feel about you misusing their hash power to vandalize and steal from an alt chain?

how was it stealing?  did he take coins from you?

Nope, but people have lost electricity/computer life and there was BTC trading taking place already.  But that doesn't make it right that it wasn't me hurt directly.

vip
Luke, How does your users at Eligius pool feel about you misusing their hash power to vandalize and steal from an alt chain?

how was it stealing?  did he take coins from you?
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
make better alt chains?
vip
Everyone that mines in this pool just gave up their hashing power unknowingly for luke to use to vandalize another person's project.

Due to the knot in luke's panties, he decided it was his god given right to miss use the pool's hashing power to bring down a new alt coin that was just introduced today.

Nice one luke ! Chalk one up for you and God.

Perhaps he used merged mining, in which case no hashes were wasted at all.

sorry, misread.
I heart thebaron
Everyone that mines in this pool just gave up their hashing power unknowingly for luke to use to vandalize another person's project.

Due to the knot in luke's panties, he decided it was his god given right to miss use the pool's hashing power to bring down a new alt coin that was just introduced today.

Nice one luke ! Chalk one up for you and God.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
Luke-JR my friend
the pool is running better today than it has in awhile (at least for me) did you change anything?

Usually with CGMINER - I get Pool Not responding with you all the time and a lot of mhash going to backup pool
not seeing that much today

anyways, its awesome - thank you Smiley
Activity: 383
There is now a poll to determine what the new NMC payout threshold should be (or if it should remain the same).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eligius-poll-nmc-payouts-56431
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
Same here. Pool is down.

UPDATE : it's up now
omo
Activity: 147
the pool server seems down
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
FWIW, Namecoin payouts are now automated. They will occur via sendmany at most once an hour, only under specific conditions (which are secret for now) to minimize risks of automated sendmany.
omo
Activity: 147

bitcoind walletpassphrase 300

This will give you 5 minutes.

thank you! it works!
Jump to: