Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 189. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Could you add something to make addresses easier to spot? Putting a stronger color and maybe an underline on visited links would be a simple solution but it could help a bit (unless the user has clicked a lot of miners, but still...)

I changed it so that visited links are no longer in a different color.  Instead, you can "star" any addresses that you want to track and they will be highlighted if they appear in the payout queue for all future visits.  Note, the addresses you care about are stored only in a cookie and so this setting is per-browser.  If you use multiple browsers/computers, you'll need to star your favorited addresses once on each of your browsers/computers.

Well, instead of using cookies, I'd have used LocalStorage (since cookies are sent to the server at every request, which is useless in this case because everything is client-side JS).

Also, I see no license header or notice to indicate under which license the code is. Would you care to specify that? Other than that, great tool!
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
Could you add something to make addresses easier to spot? Putting a stronger color and maybe an underline on visited links would be a simple solution but it could help a bit (unless the user has clicked a lot of miners, but still...)

I changed it so that visited links are no longer in a different color.  Instead, you can "star" any addresses that you want to track and they will be highlighted if they appear in the payout queue for all future visits.  Note, the addresses you care about are stored only in a cookie and so this setting is per-browser.  If you use multiple browsers/computers, you'll need to star your favorited addresses once on each of your browsers/computers.

Visited links are now a distinctive color of red.  That said, I usually just Ctrl-F and search for the first 4 letters of my address (which is usually enough to find a unique match).
Activity: 518

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I've been getting about 5% stales recently is this normal?

I'm getting between 2-4% lately (1 week timeframe), which is a bit worrying.
Sometimes the 15-min window shows even up to 7% of current submitted shares being stale.
I've had consistently under 2% (except for server issues/downtime) for a while now...

Doesn't happen at a few other pools so it's not a hardware issue.
That doesn't actually follow. Most other pools don't support the same functionality that Eligius does, so don't encounter the same issues. I would suggest trying with the latest poclbm (ideally my branch) and seeing how that works.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251

I'm getting between 2-4% lately (1 week timeframe), which is a bit worrying.
Sometimes the 15-min window shows even up to 7% of current submitted shares being stale.

Doesn't happen at a few other pools so it's not a hardware issue.
Activity: 168

About 3x higher than mine, not sure about the rest.

Nevermind, that only lasted for an hour. I'm getting less than 1% now.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

About 3x higher than mine, not sure about the rest.
eck
Activity: 18
Yep, you were right - I was paid and it just took some time for it to show up. Thanks!
I've been mining NMC for the past few days, and I had something around a 1.40 BTC balance with Eligius (1KUvwJTZnb6cRSB6VpiWF9jEoMbLv6MeBD). That balance seems to have disappeared and it has not been paid - the stats no longer show anything for the address.

According to blockexplorer you have recieved coins earlier, so I assume you're not using MyBitcoin to lose them. I suggest running bitcoin with -rescan to see if it fell between the cracks. It has solved the same problem for me and at least to one other person in this thread.

And the stats might be gone because with the payment queue the oldest coins in your balance might have been more than a week old, so it could be that the stat page thinks you've been away for more than a few days since it can't find any coins that are less than a week old. But that's just a guess.
I've been mining NMC for the past few days, and I had something around a 1.40 BTC balance with Eligius (1KUvwJTZnb6cRSB6VpiWF9jEoMbLv6MeBD). That balance seems to have disappeared and it has not been paid - the stats no longer show anything for the address.

Appears to have been paid earlier today:

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/3c6f884b61e444331d0f263d2b13be30e40149bb023429d689cdb4b2dc57e067#o21

eck
Activity: 18
Activity: 42
Due to popular demand, new data: http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/5/payout_queue.txt
There are a number of addresses in that list that are 33 characters long. Is that from miners sending invalid addresses as username?

According to wiki
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address
between 25 to 34 characters are possible.

Addresses can be shorter than 34 characters. I believe it's something with the way they are hashed and then encoded as base58 that causes some to become shorter.
I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich
Due to popular demand, new data: http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/5/payout_queue.txt
There are a number of addresses in that list that are 33 characters long. Is that from miners sending invalid addresses as username?
Activity: 210
I think it's an excellent feature, personally.
Especially with the new improved version that has block boundries and such.

Thanks!
I had created a similar tool for my own purposes and it my code correctly determines the order since it seems to match with the payout queue from the new raw .txt file.  It does draw lines every 50 BTC to give me a sense of how far out my payment is likely to be:

http://twistymaze.net/eligius/
I would suggest you move this to http://eligius.st/ Wink

It's an ASP.NET MVC/C# app (ya ya, evil and stupid platform, etc).

I should be able to do it all of the logic client-side in javascript though (which would be a fun weekend project).  If I succeed, then it would be host-able on eligius.st.

Useful enough for a small tip. Maybe you'll get more from others if you do as Luke suggested and also add your address to the page. Smiley
Jump to: