Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 34. (Read 458150 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Tip sent. Rock on. dd753585382a8b900b98f41ac650474a645a69df0e573cc233c3b32dac7bb50f

Thanks!  Much appreciated. Smiley
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
IMHO, it's scam already, you just give him more and more and more !

You're not only clueless, but you're a troll.   Go back to your cave. 
legendary
I go to BTC from some HYIP project where i lost 33000$ last year. It's not trolling, just my opinion - eligius have 300 BTC on credit before database collision, now after 30+ blocks more than 1 000 000 dollars on credit... IMHO, it's scam already, you just give him more and more and more !

(not sure where I used the term "database collision"....?)

Seriously?  You're going to try and accuse the most open of all of the mining pools of being a scam? I literally lol'd.  Feel free to give your coins to some closed pool with fees if you like.

For the record, every Eligius block pays at least 1 satoshi to the Eligius cold wallet for stats/tracking purposes.  Everything paid to the cold wallet from blocks found is eventually distributed to miners (even the individual satoshis!).

Admittedly, this will probably be the largest manual payout ever once everything is back in working order, but it will be done just the same as all the others.

-wk

Activity: 711
Merit: 532
Tip sent. Rock on.
dd753585382a8b900b98f41ac650474a645a69df0e573cc233c3b32dac7bb50f
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Yes it could be a scam. But it's not.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I go to BTC from some HYIP project where i lost 33000$ last year. It's not trolling, just my opinion - eligius have 300 BTC on credit before database collision, now after 30+ blocks more than 1 000 000 dollars on credit... IMHO, it's scam already, you just give him more and more and more !

now this is interesting. I would like to hear more about it from others too. can this be true?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
KFR
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Per ardua ad luna
Thanks for all the hard work WK - I've been in similar situations and understand all too well that it can be pretty stressful at times.  In any case, your efforts are deeply appreciated. Smiley
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

Side note: this new server is quite awesome.  Disk reads at ~1.2GB/sec. Cheesy

We did tell you SSD was the future.  Tongue
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
That guy, you know, with the face
P.S. - My cable connection seems fine now that the OS install (the bandwidth-need part of this process) is done... figures.

So it usually goes, eh?
legendary
Ok, so, OS installed.  Configuring database now and going to start the import of the past ~48 hours of data shortly.

Side note: this new server is quite awesome.  Disk reads at ~1.2GB/sec. Cheesy

Thank you again for your patience and support everyone.

-wk

P.S. - My cable connection seems fine now that the OS install (the bandwidth-need part of this process) is done... figures.
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
Hurry up! I want my 0.00001 btc!

LOL! Cheesy

Yeah, I cannot believe some people burn the brains of admin so they can park a handful of satoshis faster in their wallet, but it happens  Undecided
Activity: 95
That guy, you know, with the face
At least you have the mifi to use, imagine where you'd be if you didn't ... server coughing, no home net ...  sounds like a test in frustration.  Thanks for the many and detailed updates, and easily accessed info, it's one reason I've stuck with this pool since I started, your efforts are not going unnoticed.  Edit: Have .03 BTC for your unending efforts.  You deserve as much.
legendary
OS Install and configuration is progressing, slowly, as expected so far considering I'm on a mobile connection.  Once I no longer need the remotely mounted install ISO I will try to switch back to my cable to continue.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
This looks like an epic adventure Shocked
Good luck with the fight!
legendary
My home internet connection seems to be acting a little crazy.  I keep losing connection to the KVM IP, so, I've switched to my laptop + MiFi for the moment to work on the OS install.
Activity: 71
Thanks for the timely updates WK. If it weren't for the updates I would be tempted to pool hop.
legendary
Update.

Data center decided to just provision a new server with the better resources instead of upgrading, leaving the original online for now for migrating data over our private LAN.

I'm working on getting the OS installed and everything on to the new server now.

-wk
Activity: 686
WK thanks for all the work! Thanks for all the updates! Hands down Eligius is the best pool!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
More updates.

It turns out I'm fighting a losing battle with the existing database server.  Putting the shares logged in failsafe mode plus real-time shares being accepted into the database isn't leaving enough resource overhead for it to actually catch up to real-time in a reasonable time.  I finally decided to stop the existing process so I could time it more closely and if I continue it will take several days before it actually caught up to real-time again.

So, in light of this, I'm taking this in a different direction.  I've been in contact with the data center to have the main database server resources more than doubled, as well as larger SSDs, a faster CPU, more RAM, etc.  They estimate that this will be done within the next 90 minutes.

Afterwards I need to configure everything properly, and then go back to catching up the database.  Hopefully this makes it take a much more reasonable amount of time afterwards.

Again, no shares are lost.  They're all logged on their respective servers (and duplicated across others for backups) right now.  Once all is done, everyone will be paid accordingly, stats will catch up, and it will be like none of this ever happened!   Grin

Thank you for your patience.

Note, if anyone has the time to help users on the #eligius IRC channel on freenode with the many questions that have been coming in from people who for one reason or another are not seeing my updates, please jump on and help out if you can.  Thanks.

-wk

Step up the donations people!
Pages:
Jump to: