Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 35. (Read 458160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Hurry up! I want my 0.00001 btc!
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
More updates.

It turns out I'm fighting a losing battle with the existing database server.  Putting the shares logged in failsafe mode plus real-time shares being accepted into the database isn't leaving enough resource overhead for it to actually catch up to real-time in a reasonable time.  I finally decided to stop the existing process so I could time it more closely and if I continue it will take several days before it actually caught up to real-time again.

So, in light of this, I'm taking this in a different direction.  I've been in contact with the data center to have the main database server resources more than doubled, as well as larger SSDs, a faster CPU, more RAM, etc.  They estimate that this will be done within the next 90 minutes.

Afterwards I need to configure everything properly, and then go back to catching up the database.  Hopefully this makes it take a much more reasonable amount of time afterwards.

Again, no shares are lost.  They're all logged on their respective servers (and duplicated across others for backups) right now.  Once all is done, everyone will be paid accordingly, stats will catch up, and it will be like none of this ever happened!   Grin

Thank you for your patience.

Note, if anyone has the time to help users on the #eligius IRC channel on freenode with the many questions that have been coming in from people who for one reason or another are not seeing my updates, please jump on and help out if you can.  Thanks.

-wk

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Thank you for all your hard work getting us back up and running. Eligius is well work your time and we all appreciate your work

-E

I concur and thanks for the constant updates, now if most of the asic manufacturers could be as proficient in keeping us updated as you are I'd be much happier Cheesy.
legendary
*yawn* *rubs eyes*

Good morning everyone.   Turns out while waiting for the share log to merge into the main database lack of sleep caught up to me.  (I don't even remember moving from my office chair to my bedroom... I'll have to ask my g/f about that when she wakes up.)

Anyway, looks like the majority of the work finished while I was sleeping, so, I will work on getting replication going and proceed down my list above to get everything working again in the next few hours hopefully, barring and unforeseen challenges.

Bit surprised you have the time or energy for a girlfriend  Grin

he's got the bitcoins Wink

lel
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Thank you for all your hard work getting us back up and running. Eligius is well work your time and we all appreciate your work

-E
Activity: 21
*yawn* *rubs eyes*

Good morning everyone.   Turns out while waiting for the share log to merge into the main database lack of sleep caught up to me.  (I don't even remember moving from my office chair to my bedroom... I'll have to ask my g/f about that when she wakes up.)

Anyway, looks like the majority of the work finished while I was sleeping, so, I will work on getting replication going and proceed down my list above to get everything working again in the next few hours hopefully, barring and unforeseen challenges.

Yeah, I get that from her also. lol.

Just wanted to say "Thank You!" - for fixing this site up. I'm really happy with this pool, as it seems like the only one which requires 0% fee(s).
I moved from EclipseMC to this and I've been really happy with the choice - EclipseMC had a lot of downtime compared to Eligius - and even when the payout system is down (like now), you can keep farming without wondering if you've lost anything. I love that..
I'm really glad that you're putting all this work into the site Smiley. I'm sure it helps us all!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
*yawn* *rubs eyes*

he's got the bitcoins Wink
legendary
*yawn* *rubs eyes*

Yeah, I get that from her also. lol.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
*yawn* *rubs eyes*

legendary
*yawn* *rubs eyes*

legendary
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
thanks wizkid, much appreciated
Activity: 347
Merit: 250
Thanks Wiz, I really appreciate the regular updates on the situation!
legendary
Still pushing shares to the database.

Here is what needs to happen for everything to be back to normal:
  • Finish getting failsafe shares from the past ~24 hours into the shares database
  • Let CPPSRB catch up to realtime using this data
  • Let replication to the www/stats server catch up
  • Let stats server complete stats scripts on this data once it is replicated

So, not as far along as I would have liked.  I expected to be able to begin moving the failsafe shares into the database immediately when I returned home about 7 hours ago, but the database was not ready.  So I'm several hours behind my original time table, which put even more shares in the failsafe logs, slowing things down even more.

No worries though.  It will get done.

Thanks for mining!

-wk
legendary
Another update.... things are progressing slowly.  I'm currently migrating the emergency/failsafe share logs to the main database servers.

It looks like its going to take a while unfortunately.  I will keep you posted.

-wk
legendary
Just a quick update.

Overall things are progressing.  One item in particular is taking much longer than expected, so, I may overshoot my ETA for full functionality.

In any case, no worries.  I'm on it and I'm not going anywhere until everything is back up and running as it should.

-wk

P.S. - As always, if Eligius accepts a share from your miner, and your username is a proper bitcoin address (with or without optional _workername appended), then your share is counted and you have nothing to worry about.
Activity: 6
Thank you for the hard work WK! Appreciate you took the time to communicate with the miners during this high pressure period. Best wishes!
Activity: 854
Conspiracy theory time, could this latest wave of DDoS be related to a new large malicious player?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-the-hell-is-this-416740

Not malicious

Discus Fish Pool
Activity: 742
Conspiracy theory time, could this latest wave of DDoS be related to a new large malicious player?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-the-hell-is-this-416740

Activity: 220
Merit: 100
Thanks for the effort, WK. 

Kevin
Pages:
Jump to: